That damned never-out
brother-in-law of mine.
你用卡迪根来威胁我?那个狗屁下士?
You threaten me with Cardigan?
我可不要指挥卡迪根和他那帮红马裤。
I’ll not have him or his red-shanked
ridgebacks under my command.
绝不。
I’ll not command him.
诺兰上尉前来报道,长官。尽管他所在的团正在备战,
Capt. Nolan’s reporting, sir,
though his regiment is about to sharpen
我还是说服他调到我们这里。
…I have persuaded him there is
duty and honor for him with us.
卢肯勋爵,为了国家利益,
I’m sure you will see
that there is much to be gained…
如果你能够友好地消除和卡迪根勋爵的矛盾,
…by an amicable settlement
of any difference…
我确信你会获益良多。
…between you and Lord Cardigan,
for the good of your country.
那就告诉他,我那个笨蛋小舅子,
Then make it known to that empty-headed
muff of a brother of mine, that Brudenell…
我指挥骑兵旅,指挥他。
…that I command the cavalry,
and I command him.
直截了当地告诉那个蠢货,他在我的指挥下。
Tell the fool, in simple manner that he’ll
understand, he is under my command.
当然。
Of course.
你得攻下塞凡斯托波耳。
我才不想要那鬼地方。
– You’ve got Sebastopol.
– I don’t want any damned Sebastopol.
可我在地图上指给你看了。
告诉你,我不要那鬼地方。
– But I was shown it on the map.
– I told you. No damned Sebastopol.
科林.坎贝尔爵士,高地团。
斯卡莱特将军,重骑兵团
Sir Colin Campbell, Highland Brigade.
Gen. Scarlett, Heavy Brigade.
理查德.艾伦爵士,第三步兵师
Sir Richard England, Third Infantry division.
约翰·伯戈因爵士, 皇家工兵团
Sir John Burgoyne,
Superintendent Royal Engineers.
我是来当指挥官的,不是被笨蛋卢肯指挥的。
I came to be offered a command.
Not serve under that fool, Lucan.
我早知道……
I knew…
一看到皇家卫队边上他那张硬饼干脸,
…the moment I saw his biscuit face
sopping up wet around the horse guards…
我就知道他要来这儿骗取个一官半职。
…he’d be here, starting his wheedling.
卡迪根勋爵,我相信过一会,
I’m sure that after a little while,
Lord Cardigan…
你就能明白这个安排是可行的。
…you may be persuaded such an
arrangement may be made to work.
毕竟,你可以率领轻骑兵冲锋陷阵,是吧?
After all, you will have the Light Brigade.
Dash and fire, eh?
没错,率领轻骑兵冲锋陷阵啊。
Yes, Cardigan, you’ll have the Light
Brigade. Dash and fire it is.
卢肯根本不会指挥,不会扎营,护送。
Lucan couldn’t make himself fit
to command a tent. Command an escort.
连倔驴上的笨裁缝都指挥不了,他根本不适合指挥骑兵。
Not fit to command a troop
of knackered tailors on stubbed donkeys.
艾利,别让他们在一块。
Airey, those two,
don’t let them sit together.
要尽量把他们两个分开。
We must do what we can
to keep them apart.
这么严峻情况下,他们还这么愚蠢行事。
Things are serious
and they are silly in ways.
长官
拉格伦勋爵
– My lord.
– Lord Raglan.
请坐,先生们
Sit down, gentlemen.
战争,这是场战争,先生们。
War. This is war, gentlemen.
连接印度的通道受到威胁。
Our passage to India is threatened,
I should think. Wouldn’t you?
英格兰的荣誉和尊严受到威胁
The honor, the reputation,
the glory of England is threatened…
连女王陛下都受到了威胁。
…and the Queen’s majesty is sure
to be threatened, she is.
如果贫穷,弱小而勇敢的土耳其……
If poor, brave, weak little,
sick little Turkey…
“欧洲病夫”
”The sick man of Europe. ”
是的,尽管我觉得土耳其更像是个无力自保的小姑娘。
Yes, though I prefer to consider her
as a young lady, hands up, flutter…
如果她倒向沙皇暴君那边……
…defenseless.
If she should fall to the tyrant…
就会引起一连串反应,
If the Turks go down like cards, flip-flop…
下一步就是女王,
…then next up our own Solent…
坚船利炮就会打进英吉利海峡来,
…and our own Queen,
will come the Russians, ships and guns…
让英国蒙受耻辱。
…to rip our country into shame.
The Russians. The Russians.
The Russians. The Russians.
The Russians.
Poor little Turkey.
Poor little Turkey!
立正,值班军官柯廷顿来了。
Attention for Mr. Cornet Codrington,
the orderly officer.
可爱的大兵,我给你亲干净。
Me darlin’ soldier, wait till I kiss you clean.
长官,他们给你抛媚眼呢。
Are they winking at you, sir?
长官,请求发言。
Permission to speak, sir.
她是米歇尔的老婆,长官。
Mrs. Mitchell, sir.
是所有的妻子都能去还是只有几个?
我很强壮的,长官。
Are all the wives going, sir, or just a few?
I’m strong, sir.
我也是。
And so am I.
我不知道,真的。
I can’t say. I really can’t say.
六分之一可以去。
One in six, sir.
六分之一么?
One in six?
你看上去棒极了。
You look tremendous.
这只是漫长考验的开始,亲爱的威康。
This is the beginning of a very long test,
my dear William.
你的马已经牵上船了。
I see you have your cattle slung aboard.
我要去看我的马了,它被照顾的不错。
I must watch for old Treasurer,
that he is handled gently.
我有封重要的信带给你,但是起锚前
I have a letter of importance for you,
but orders are not to be read…
你不能读。居然是卡利莎的信,
…until we up anchor.
Impressed on me, from Clarissa.
卡迪根勋爵呢?
Where’s Lord Cardigan?
快归队,卡迪根勋爵。
Get into line, Lord Cardigan.
轻骑兵,跟我来。
Light Brigade, with me.
什么?
What?
士兵们,士兵们!
Trooper!
把绳子系紧点。
Pull those ropes faster.
来个人!
Soldier!
明天在卡拉米塔湾登陆。
这名字有点不吉利(与灾难湾谐音),你说呢?
Tomorrow, Calamita Bay.
Is it aptly named, do you think, William?
亲爱的,我知道你担心我的风湿病。
I know you worry about my rheumatism.
已经没什么事了,快好了。
It is gone, almost gone.
我多想跟你一起走。
我们得游上岸呢。
– I wish I could come with you.
– We’re going to swim and things.
但是亨利我会游。
But Henry, I can swim.
等我们安顿好了,我会看你划上岸的。
When we’re settled,
I’ll see that you’re rowed ashore.
老公,亲亲。
Dear husband, kiss.
老婆,亲亲。
Dear wife, kiss.
我要你把军帽戴好。
I do urge you to keep your headgear.
就靠这个防晒了。
It’s your only protection against the sun.
长官,那边的探子脸皮真厚。
There, my lord, is a cool customer.
我们出发去哪里?卡迪根勋爵?
Where do you think you’re going,
Lord Cardigan?
我得到命令了。
谁下的令?
– I’m ordered up.
– By whom?
是拉格伦勋爵的命令。
I receive orders from Lord Raglan.
你不可能从拉格伦勋爵处得到命令。
You do not receive orders
from Lord Raglan.
那么说,我从哪得到的命令?
In which case,
who did I receive orders from?
难不成是从沙皇么?
The Czar’s left tit?
你真接到命令了?
Are you ordered up?
我得上岸,不是么?我是受命上岸的!
I’m going up, ain’t I? If I’m up,
I must have been ordered up. Up!
你要是接到了命令,就一定要告诉我。
When you get ordered-up orders,
you tell me about them.
这里归我指挥,先生。
I command here, sir.
你归我指挥,先生!
I command you, sir.
至少现在不会为小事再吵下去了,
At least I thought this
petty bickering must cease…
现在我们可是到前线了。
…now we’re in shot of the enemy.
尽管那帮愚蠢的上司犯了一堆错误。
Let us show that in spite of the mistakes
and stupidity of those that…
让他们看看,我们还是能在战场上获取荣誉。
…are set above us,
we can still gain some glory, eh?
没错,刘易斯。
I’m sure we can, Lewis.
别郁闷了,朋友,我们会顺利的。
Such glum faces.
Friends, it is going well for us.
别太靠近我,刘易斯。
Don’t come too close, Lewis.
是霍乱,长官。已经病死了11个,很多人都病了。
It’s cholera, my lord.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!