所以他老升不上去。
…which is why his promotion is slow.
军队里没有比下士更低的军衔了,
There ain’t one above a corporal
in the whole lot…
所以他们要把下士全砍了。
…which is why we will cut ’em up.
只要有点贵族血统,
英国人就能博个功业。
With a little breeding,
an Englishman can buy his advancement.
我们俩可没那个好命。
He and I are not able
to buy our advancement.
我们只能靠自己的能力。
We’ve had to obtain it by our abilities.
不用滗酒了,
就放在桌子上好了。
No use decanting it.
You can leave it on the table.
谢谢。
Thank you.
(法语)黑瓶子
Couleur de Noir.
先生,你在喝啤酒吗?
You are drinking beer, sir, porter beer.
没有,长官
就是啤酒。
– No, my lord.
– Yes.
不是的。
我看着呢。
– No.
– See it.
不是,长官。
No, my lord.
甭跟我扯不是,那就是一瓶黑啤酒。
Don’t you ”no” me. That is a black bottle.
长官,我向您保证。
I assure you, my lord.
那就是黑酒瓶,你在喝里面的黑啤酒呢。
That is a black bottle,
and you are drinking porter from it.
只能喝香槟。
Champagne only.
事实上,是我请诺兰上尉帮我点的……
In point of fact, I asked Capt. Nolan-
你明明知道只能喝香槟。
我不知道。
– You knew that!
– I am not aware.
我知道,你在我的桌上喝啤酒。
I am aware
you are drinking porter at my table.
诺兰上尉,坐下。
Sit down, Capt. Nolan.
你坐下。弗德斯拓夫
Sit down, Featherstonehaugh.
长官说了,只有香槟才配的上贵族身份
What his Lordship said was that
champagne only would be drunk…
今晚只许喝香槟。
…in the mess tonight. What he said…
这不是黑啤酒,这是摩赛尔白葡萄酒。长官。
It is not porter, it is Moselle, my lord.
你要道歉。
Apologize.
如果因为我的无心之过—
If I am in error-
别狡辩,先生,这明明是啤酒。
Error? Don’t quibble with me, sir. Beer.
我的餐厅里不许和啤酒。
I will not have beer drunk in my mess.
Come back, Nolan.
诺兰你个死狗,不许离开餐厅!
Nolan, you will not leave the mess. Dog!
你个混♥蛋♥暴发户。
Devil upstart.
该死的阿三狗崽子。
Impertinent Indian dog devil.
奉军官餐厅委员会主席卡迪根伯爵的命令,
As President of the Mess Committee,
what Cardigan would have me say is…
你被控行为不端。
…you are guilty of disorderly behavior.
今后你要明白,
What you should consider in the future…
军官餐厅是绅士进餐的场所,
…is that the mess should be conducted
like a gentleman’s table…
不是什么供应啤酒的乡下酒馆。
…not a common ale house
with black bottles.
在一群军官同袍面前,
That is an offensive thing to have to say…
一名军官对另一名军官说这些是有点冒犯了。
…to have said, one officer to another,
in front of brother officers.
你知道么?绅士可不像农民喝啤酒一样喝摩赛尔酒。
Do you not know that, unlike a farmer,
a gentleman decants his Moselle?
白葡萄酒要慢慢滗出来。
He doesn’t drink it like beer.
如果你的言行举止不符合绅士身份,你就要被逐出这个团。
If you cannot behave like a gentleman,
you are to leave the regiment.
跟我握手言和吧,先生?
Will you shake hands with me, sir?
跟你没关系。
你得握手。
– There is no quarrel between us.
– You will.
我不会握手的,长官
I will not, my lord.
你公开侮辱了这位军官。
我无意于此。
– You flagrantly insult this officer.
– No insult is intended to this officer.
TMD,你去握个手。
你应该被逮捕。
Shake hands, damn you.
You shall be arrested.
为什么逮捕我?
Why shall I be arrested?
我说逮捕你就逮捕你。
I shall have you arrested.
You are arrested.
去想你的司令部报道,先生你被逮捕了。
Go to your quarters, sir, and be arrested.
拉格兰,你看今天的泰♥晤♥士♥报♥了么?
Have you seen the Times
this morning, Raglan?
艾利,我看过了。
I have seen the Times, Airey.
“黑瓶事件”
”Black bottle. ”
英国♥军♥队的事情一上报纸我就担心。
I’m very worried about the British army
when it gets into the newspapers.
无论卡迪根干点什么,一个小时内就成了公众新闻,
Whatever Lord Cardigan does
is public news within an hour.
这可不太合适。
“黑瓶事件”
– It is unfitting.
– ”Black bottle. ”
什么黑瓶?
他跑出来的时候都对他吼了什么?
– What?
– What is shouted at him when he goes out?
你知道,这让军队的形象被抹黑了。
It do bring the army up for snooks,
you know.
太无礼了。
Vulgar things.
艾利,他不该这么无礼地叱责他。
Shouldn’t say these vulgar things
at him, Airey.
那我们能怎么办?
But what can we do?
艾利,他们到底要把这铜像放到哪里?
Where are they going to
put that statue, Airey?
不应该放在这里,只让我一个人欣赏。
It can’t stay there,
to be enjoyed by me alone.
不会放在这的,他们不知道放在哪里。
They won’t leave it there.
They don’t know where to put it.
艾利,它太档光了。
It’s very much in my light
for paperwork, Airey.
我希望他们尽快挪走。
I wish they’d take it away.
你我都有这个习惯,每次一遇到复杂的情况,
You and I are always of the custom,
when in difficulty, to ask ourselves…
我们就自问,如果伟大的惠灵顿公爵在这种情况下会怎么决断呢?
…how the great Duke would have acted
and decided in similar circumstances.
没错,我会这么考虑的。
We are. I am. I will.
危险来袭的时候,他总是对的。
He was surely right
that when there is danger…
他是个尽全力去守护国家的人,
…it is the persons with a stake in
the country, land, position, wealth…
守护他的土地,地位和财富的人。
…that are best able to able to defend it.
我已经老了,艾利
I am an old man, Airey…
只剩一条胳膊了,
…and I’ve only got one arm
to fight the war with.
有心无力啊。
It won’t be enough.
杜波利说要开战了。
Duberly says it’s going to be war.
他说俄♥国♥人要开战了,
He says the Russians will fight…
首相面对和平,却倾向战争
…and the Prime Minister is faced
towards peace, but carried towards war.
杜波利说我能随军。
Duberly says I can go with the army.
我可以作为军属随军,太刺♥激♥了!
I can go, Duberly says, as a wife,
which I am. Isn’t it exciting?
威廉也想去。
当兵的都盼着去打仗。
– William wants to go.
– Soldiers will.
《麦克白》台词
”Answer me to what I ask you. ”
”Pour in sow’s blood,
that hath eaten her nine farrow. ”
”Come, high or low.
”Thyself and office deftly show!”
”He knows thy thought.
”Hear his speech, but say thou nought.
”Macbeth! Macbeth! Macbeth!
”Beware Macduff. ”
刘易斯因为黑瓶事件被逮捕了。
没错,他被捕了。
Lewis is arrested over the black bottle.
It is sure. He is under arrest.
是诺兰么?
这可能断送他的军官前途。
– Nolan?
– It may be the end of his career.
伯格先生,你好啊。
我没空。
– Mr. De Burgh, how do you do?
– Without you, sir.
被拘留就肯定会结束他的军人生涯吗?
Being under arrest, is it certainly
the finish of his career as a soldier?
这对军人来说是非常严重的。
It is serious.
It is a serious thing for an officer.
卡迪根伯爵来了,要开拔了,看戏来晚了
There’s Lord Cardigan.
Late for the play. Going to the war.
黑瓶!黑瓶!……
Black bottles!
我们也过去嘘他吗?
Shall we go and boo him?
黑瓶!
给我坐下,不然我揍你。
– Black bottles!
– Sit still before I hit you, girl.
我会组个纠察队,来吧亨利
I’ll form a picket. Come on, Henry.
告诉他我是纠察,来把黑瓶从他那个马嘴里拔♥出♥来♥。
Present me as a picket come to get
the black bottle from the horse’s mouth.
黑瓶是怎么回事?
What black bottle?
这是我太太,杜波利夫人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!