– I am fallen.
– And I am fallen alongside you.
我对报上的愚蠢报道可不负责。
I’m not responsible for every damn lie
that newspaper prints.
你不能全信读到的东西,杜波利,塞瓦斯托波尔没有被攻陷。
You mustn’t believe all you read in it.
Sebastopol is not fallen.
真不知道泰♥晤♥士♥报♥从哪里得来的消息。
I’m not aware how the Times
came by such information.
我可不想在这样的文章上署名。
I’m not allowed my tent in the lines.
试试这顶。
Try this one.
当兵真是个危险的买♥♥卖♥♥。
It’s a rum business, this being a soldier.
当兵?我本来对这场战争报以厚望。
A soldier?
I had such hopes of this war, Morris.
你要有耐心。
不,我没有耐心了。
– You must be patient.
– No, I’m not patient.
除非那帮贵族外行厌烦了从军,要打道回府
I will not be patient until the noble
amateurs are so sick of their soldiering…
我就不会有耐心。
…they will go home.
他们荒谬地认为战争近乎于文明。
Their ridiculous supposition
that war is akin to civilization.
可战争是破坏,不是赶时髦。
War is destruction, William, not fashion.
是践踏士兵的尸体和他们妻子身上。
It is standing booted over
dead soldiers and their wives.
好好打仗才能解决战争。
The solution to war is
that it is best fought.
打仗的时候要拼死去作战。
And when fought,
it is best fought to the death.
是啊,战争是个危险的买♥♥卖♥♥。
Yes, it’s a rum business.
如果帐篷排得是直的,我就是个笨蛋。
If that line’s straight, I’m a Turk’s ass.
把帐篷拆了,给我排成一条直线!
– Have the lines dressed straight!
– Straighten up! Down!
拆帐篷,重新盖!
Down, have them down and start again.
放倒。
Down.
这些帐篷分得太开了,给我排紧凑点。
All these tents are far apart.
Put them near, Charteris.
士官长。
到!
– Sergeant Major.
– Sir.
这些帐蓬要凑紧点 还要排直!
– These tents should be near.
– And straight!
把帐篷排紧。
Have these tents put nearer.
拆帐篷。
– In more.
– Get them down.
拆帐篷,重新盖!
Get them down, and start again!
你告诉国内的人,这都是今天的第二回了。
This is the second time today.
You tell them that at home.
立正!
By your tents!
太TMD近了,把帐篷分开点。
Too damned near. Have them put apart.
把帐篷挪开!
Move these damned tents!
帐篷排直,分开18英寸
Straighten them up 18 inches.
谁说他像马一样无辜?
Who said he’s innocent as a horse?
他什么都不在乎,人也好牲口也好。
He cares nothing for anybody,
nor man nor beast at all.
真希望来阵狂风刮倒他的狗屁帐篷,
I wish a great wind would come
and blow down his damned tents…
还有他那大毛脑袋。
…on his damned old lion’s head.
杜波利上尉。
Capt. Duberly.
弗迪斯弗。
Featherstonehaugh.
请问您今晚可以携夫人
Would you bring your wife…
来伯爵的游艇上共进晚餐么?
…to dine on His Lordship’s yacht
this evening?
很好,亨利,我们很乐意出席。
Glad, Henry, very glad.
真为他感到难过。
I feel so sorry for him.
我不介意承认,第一次从步兵转到骑兵团的时候
On first exchanging up
from marching regiment to horse…
简直像在茫茫大海上航行而没有一丝灯光指引。
…it was all at sea and never a light
to guide me, I don’t mind confessing.
从军就像是个
The soldiering was pie such as:
“出纳”
”Paymaster…
“我们要去乔伯姆岭,在那搞些训练,”
”We will wide up to Chobham Widges,
where we will have some exercises…
“训练在敌国中挨打什么的”
”… such as you are in enemy country, and
you are banged at from such and such. ”
“哪挨打了?”“那里,上个礼拜中了一枪”
”Where?” ”There.
Was shot at from there last week. ”
“是你挨枪了?那你就知道该联♥系♥什么了。”
”Was you?
Then you know what to maneuver. ”
太精彩了。
Extraordinary.
真是头蠢猪。
What a capital joint of pig that was.
哦,都到了这个时间了,太快了,我要去工作了。
Can it be the time that it is, already?
All too soon, I am for duty.
忘了告诉您,我已经是现役军官了,
I did warn you that I am a serving officer…
而且现在我们有这么多伤病。
…now that we have such
a large bag of sick.
长官,我可以离开么?
是的。
– My lord, if I may be away.
– Yes.
终于。
Yes.
晚安长官,晚安杜波利夫人。
– Goodnight, my lord. Mrs. Duberly.
– Ma’am.
给我解开。
爵爷,您要解开么?
– Get my kicksies off.
– Do you need them off, my lord?
别那么说话,给我解开。
Don’t talk like that, woman.
Get me kicksies off.
你毛发像狮子一样。
You have the mane of a lion.
你怎么会不知道怎么解开,你怎么服侍男人的?
How do you not know what is done,
how a man is handled?
你就对机械一点兴趣都没有?
乖,乖,狮子头。
– Have you no mechanical interest?
– Puss, puss, lion head.
这么搞会让我憋不住的。
It would cause a man to strain his taters.
我喜欢马鞍,你躺下。
I like saddles. Get on your back.
你会伤着我的。
You would have me hurting.
千万慢点脱……
Please take time to remove…
我不敢相信,该死的,我都帮你脱了。
I don’t believe it.
Damn you! I took yours off.
当你骑上一匹新马的时候,
It is by no means a bad thing, when getting
onto a strange horse for the first time…
用手掌在鞍子中间狠狠拍上几下,
…to give the middle of the saddle
three or four hard bangs…
那可是不是什么坏事。
…with the flat of your hand.
啊— 爱情不是这样的!
This is not love!
长官?
My lord?
这个俄♥国♥♥军♥官被带到到我的帐篷里了。
This Russian officer has been brought
to my tent.
俄♥国♥♥军♥官,就是他?
A Russian officer, is he?
他是开小差,还是带着旗鼓来要求停火的?
Did he come as a deserter,
or with a drum and flag for parly?
我估计他是偷跑过来的。
I fear he came clandestine.
我相信,他开起来鬼鬼祟祟的。
I do. He has that
in-the-night look about him.
你跟他谈话了?
是的。
– Have you spoken with him?
– I have.
他有关于明天对我们进攻的特定情报。
He has particular information of an attack
at our positions tomorrow.
他是个间谍?
A spy?
你跟一个间谍谈话,还在夜里带他到我这里,
You talked with a spy and brought him
here, in the night…
来跟我说?
…to speak with me?
他懂英语。
让他闭着嘴。
– He has enough English to tell us.
– Keep them in his throat.
我不想让他说话。
I will not have him speak to me.
年轻人,你叛变过来?
Young man, come here as a traitor?
我希望你母亲不在了,要不她听到这个会伤心的。
I hope you’re without a mother.
If she should hear of this, it’s sad.
多伤心。
Sad.
我希望您明智一些,长官。
I hope you are wise in this, my lord.
我们碰到过好多次这样的事。对他们说的要小心。
We get a lot of this.
You should be careful of what they say.
他们大多是波兰人。
They’re, most of them, Polish.
“我的心在高地,我的心不在这里
”My heart’s in the Highland,My heart is not here
我的心在高地,
”My heart’s in the Highlands
追逐着鹿儿,
”A-chasin’ the deer
追逐着野鹿,
”A-chasin’ the wild deer
跟踪着獐鹿
”And following the roe
无论去向何方,
”My heart’s in the Highlands
我的心在高地
”Wherever I go
别了,高地
”Farewell to the Highlands
别了,北方
”Farewell to the North
那勇士的故乡,
”The birthplace of valor
那富饶的故国。
”The country of worth
无论我飘荡何地
”Wherever I wander
我论我身在何方
”Wherever I go

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!