好了 我们和巴德·海德基都在这里了
Okay, we’re here with Bud Haedike
我们开拍了
and we’re rolling.
这是我为我的轰炸小组写的歌♥
This is the song that I wrote for my bomb group
写给所有战友 不论他们归来与否
and all the guys that made it or didn’t make it.
用的是”I’ll be seeing you”的旋律
It’s to the melody of “I’ll be seeing you.”
♪ 我们将会再次见面 ♪
♪ I’ll be seeing you ♪
♪ 在我们一同执行的任务中 ♪
♪ on all the missions that we flew ♪
♪ 还会和老同事一起 ♪
♪ and also with your good ole crew ♪
♪ 整天相伴 ♪
♪ the whole day through ♪
♪ 敌人的战斗机和高射炮 ♪
♪ enemy fighters and flak
♪ 轰鸣作响 ♪
♪ the sound of loud ack, ack ♪
♪ 但我们幸运而归 ♪
♪ and lucky we got back ♪
♪ 起飞那天的地勤人员们啊 ♪
♪ to our ground crew on that day we flew ♪
♪ 我们将会再次相见 ♪
♪ I’ll be seeing you ♪
♪ 也许是在充满回忆的空军基地中 ♪
♪ at good old deopham green ♪
♪ 又或是在你精心维护的轰炸机里 ♪
♪ in your sleek flying machine ♪
♪ 叫它胜利女王吧 ♪
♪ o, the one called mighty queen ♪
♪ 我将在蓝天下追寻着你 ♪
♪ I’m going to look for you in skies of blue ♪
♪ 而当你从我身边飞过时 ♪
♪ and when your flights are through ♪
♪ 我会在梦中与你相遇 ♪
♪ I’ll be seeing you in my dreams ♪
♪ 我会永远思念着你 ♪

谢谢
thank you.
现年92岁
第八空军投弹手
保罗·巴德·海德基
极寒之蓝
1943年夏天h第八空军B-17的机组人员从欧洲返回美国
他们的顺利回归鼓舞了后方战线的士气
当时的机组人员和飞机”孟菲斯贝莱”是威廉·怀勒导演的一部纪录片的焦点
该机组是在欧洲上空完成25次任务的首批幸存机组之一
1943年 只有不到百分之二十五的机组在25次任务后幸存
但怀勒和尚存的第八空军老兵们却将一同在极寒之蓝中还原那场战争
此后该机组成员也相继离世
其实 我也不知道 总归是凶多吉少
Well, I don’t know, the odds were all against ya.
就如同死囚
It was more or less like being in death row,
困于牢狱一般
in a penitentiary,
知道死期将至却只能坐以待毙
waiting on your turn and you knew it was coming.
你执行完一个十分艰难的任务
You fly a real tough mission,
很高兴凯♥旋♥而归
and you’re so glad to get back,
每个人都在庆祝着”嘿
and everybody says, “boy,
我们回来了 不是吗”
we made it through that one, didn’t we?”
然而第二天早上他们又会进来
And, then, next morning they come in,
将灯光打在你的脸上
put their flashlight in your face.
“好了伙计们 起床 该走了
“All right, boys, get up, you’re going to be leaving.
我们两小时后就要出勤了”
We’re going to be flying in two hours.”
如今看来 这日子确实很苦
Now that’s… that’s tough.
我当时21岁
I was 21 years old.
我们当时都觉得我们能一直活下来
Yeah, and we felt like, uh, we could live forever.
但别误会了
Don’t get me wrong,
我们依旧会有那种紧迫感
we still get that tight feeling…
当我们看见附近正在发射的高射炮
When we would see bursting flak nearby.
当我们发现敌机时
When we see fighters,
我们仍然会有那种感觉 但
we still get that feeling, but…
你不可能这样战战兢兢地活着
You can’t make a living that way.
你能做的就是拼死一搏
All you could do is make a dying.
那些说他们不害怕的人
Anybody that says they weren’t afraid
都是在放屁
were full of crap
因为你总会对将要发生的事情感到害怕
cause you were always afraid what was going to happen next,
面对高射炮时 这种感觉极为明显
particularly in flak.
你只是莫名期待着
You just… you just waited for something
不会有什么事发生
to go off around you.
而这往往是敌机出现的时候
And that’s when the fighters would come up.
我们机组中的一个人总是不停地说着
One of the men in our crew kept saying,
“我知道我多半回不去了”之类的话
“I know I’m not gonna make it,” et cetera, et cetera,
而你不愿意听到这些
and you don’t like to hear that.
但他的确很担忧
And he was very concerned
因为他的妻子盼着他一两天后就能回来
because his wife was expecting within a day or two.
第二天 他接到命令去执行任务
And the next day, they had him flying,
其实他们本不该叫上他的
which they shouldn’t have had,
他们从我们机组
and they took so many men
叫了许多人和他一起出勤
from our crew to fly with him,
而他们再也没能回来
and they never made it back.
他们的战机坠入了海峡
They crashed into the channel.
非常戏剧性的是 他
And, incidentally, and this isn’t storytelling, but he…

He, uh…
他牺牲的那天他的儿子却刚好出生
He was killed the day his son was born.
为了拍摄纪录片h威廉·怀勒和三位摄影师跟随第八空军一起执行轰炸任务
其中一位摄影师在其乘坐的飞机于法国坠毁后遇难
二战期间h第八空军的牺牲人数超过美国海军的死亡人数
未来不明
战争来临 我们奔赴战场
The war came, and we went and did
听从命令
what they told us to do.
那是我唯一的印象
That’s the only thing I know.
日本人毁了我的青春
The Japanese ruined my youth,
当时我才19 20岁
because I was 20 years old or 19 years old.
一切都那么美好 然而
Everything was wonderful, and the Japanese,
飞行员
约翰·凯茨尔
出生于1921年5月11日
日本人的一次突袭 便将这些通通粉碎
in one fell swoop, ended all of that.
接下来就是4年的战争
And it lasted four years.
我知道为什么会让年轻人们投身战争
Well, I can see why they get young fellows to fly to war,
陆战 潜艇战什么的
or ground, or submarines, and so forth.
因为年轻人总觉得自己无所不能
When you’re younger, you feel you can do anything.
电报员h机♥枪♥手
阿尔·维拉格兰
出生于1923年10月31日
但随着年龄的增长 人也变得更加睿智
I think when you get older, you get smarter.
这有一个19岁的领航员
There was a 19-year-old navigator,
犹太人 眼睛像钉子一般敏锐
Jewish kid, sharp as a tack.
还有一些大一点的同伴们
And I had some older boys.
我们投弹手当时26岁
My bombardier was 26 years old.
飞行员
普希金·亚历山大
出生于1921年10月6日
而我当时应该22或23左右
I was 22, 23.
我们中最大的是来自宾夕法尼亚的荷兰人
Oldest man we had in the crew was a Pennsylvania dutchman,
三十二岁
thirty-two years old.
我们叫他”老父亲”
We called him “pappy.”
三十二岁了
Thirty-two years old.
我们的领航员26岁
Our navigator was 26,
威廉·图姆斯
飞机工程师h上炮手
出生于1924年5月8日
而其他人都差不多是22或23岁
and everybody else was anywhere from 22, 23.
回想起来我知道为什么年轻人
I see… I can look back now and see why young people
纷纷参战而年长的却没有了
were in a war, not older people.
年长的人更加理智
Older people got better sense.
人们常说随着年龄的增长
Sometimes they say that the older you get,
你会变得更加睿智
the more wiser you get.
我觉得应该没有多少人
There weren’t too many, I don’t think, younger,
比我还年轻了
too much younger than me.
我从19岁便开始执行任务
I flew every one of my missions at 19.
投弹手h尾炮手
保罗·巴德·海德基
出生于1925年5月30日
我们机组的膛腰炮手年龄比较大
The old man on our crew was our waist gunner.
他当时25岁
He was 25.
不得不说 当我们进入机舱时
I’ll tell you, when we got into this thing,
就想出勤飞行
you wanted to fly.
你为此那么刻苦地训练
And, you know, you had a great time training,
但当你真的到了那里
all that, but when you get over there
开了第一枪之后
and had got shot at the first time,
膛腰炮手
约翰·道尔
出生于1925年2月11日
你才发现其实一切都是那么糟
you knew you were in deep doo-doo.
你要真的把生活当回事了
And… and you really took life seriously after that.
我们被要求执行30次飞行任务
They said we was gonna fly 30 missions.
一开始是25个
You know, they started out at 25.
而到我们时就改成了30个
Now they changed it to 30 when we got there.
我们飞了26个任务后
And then we got 26 missions in,
球型炮手
罗伯特·罗兰德
出生于1925年1月9日
我们放了一周的假
and they give us a week off.
当我们回来时 他们说
And we come back and they says,
“你们要飞35个才行”
“you’re gonna fly 35,”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!