爸爸妈妈就在你身边。
Mommy and Daddy will be right next to you.
灯会暗下来。
The lights will go down.
幕布拉开时可能会有管风琴音乐。
There may be some organ music as the curtain opens.
不要害怕。
Don’t be scared.
你说过里面会很黑的。
It’ll be dark in there, you said.
-我不想进去。-但很有趣。
– I don’t want to go in. – But it’s fun.
整个星期你都很兴奋。
All week, you’ve been so excited.
你的第一部电影。
Your first ever movie.
-而且人口庞大。-什么人?
– And the people are gigantic. – What people?
你说电影里的人块头很大。
You said the people in the movie are gigantic.
因为他们在大屏幕上,
Oh, because of the big screen they’re on,
但他们不是真的,对吧?
but they’re not real, uh, right?
-就像梦一样。-梦很可怕。
– They’re like dreams. – Dreams are scary.
有些梦是,但这将是一个美好的梦。
Some dreams are, but this is gonna be a nice dream.
关于马戏团,小丑,杂技演员,还有…
About a circus and clowns and acrobats and, um…
你想知道是怎么回事吗?
You want to know how it works?
有一种叫放映机的大机器。
There’s a big machine called a projector.
里面有一盏大灯,
Inside, there’s a big bright light,
它会投射照片
and it projects photographs
-小丑和杂技演员。-还有大象。
– of-of clowns and acrobats. – And elephants.
– “投射”的意思是把它们发出去。-的东西。
– Uh, “projecting” means it sends them out. -Happy things.
快乐的事情就像大手电筒发出的光。
Happy things like light from a huge flashlight.
但这些照片经过光线的速度非常快。
But these photographs move past the light really fast.
每秒24张照片。
24 photos in every second.
现在在你的大脑里,
Now, in your brain,
每张照片停留大约十五分之一秒。
each photograph stays for about a 15th of a second.
这就是所谓的视觉持续。
That’s called persistence of vision.
照片移过去
The photographs move past
比你大脑释放它们的速度还要快,
faster than your brain can let go of them,
这就是电影放映机欺骗我们的方式
and that’s how the movie projector tricks us
让他相信静止的图画是移♥动♥的。
into believing that motionless pictures are moving.
一部电影。
A motion picture.
电影是梦,宝贝,你永远不会忘记。
Movies are dreams, doll, that you never forget.
你等着瞧吧。
You just wait and see.
结束后,你会有
When it’s over, you’re gonna have
脸上挂着最大最随意的笑容。
the biggest, sloppiest smile on your face.
-他们让我们进去了
– They’re letting us in.
等引擎过去再说。
Wait till the engines pass.
-把门打开。
– Unlock the door.
传下去。
Pass it down.
-那是什么?-第二部分。
– What’s that? – Second section.
天使。她在那列火车上。
Angel. She’s on that train.
那又怎样?我们有钱了。我们离开这里吧。
So what? We got the dough. Let’s get out of here.
灯。我必须把灯调到轨道上。
Lights. I must turn the lights down the track.
你这个疯子。把那个轮子给我。
You crazy lunkhead. Give me that wheel.
我们要——沿着轨道!
We are going to– down the track!
火车!停下火车!
The train! Stop the train!
停下火车!
Stop the train!
停!你看不见灯吗?!
Stop! Can’t you see the lights?!
停!
Stop!
第一节!抓住它!
First section! Hold it!
——天使!天使!
– Angel! Angel!
你最喜欢的部分是什么?
What was your favorite part?
萨米,光明节你想要什么?
Sammy, what do you want for Hanukkah?
我告诉过你这不是个好主意,
I told you this wasn’t a good idea,
他的a – n – x – i – e – i – e – s。
what with all of his A-N-X-I-E-T-I-E-S.
他这个年龄的孩子都有很大的i – m – a – g – i – n – i – o – n – s。
Kids his age have big I-M-A-G-I-N-A-T-I-O-N-S.
把这些长词拼出来不公平。
No fair spelling out the long words.
灯光改变了一切事物的外观。
The lights change how everything looks.
很难找到我们的房♥子。
It’s hard to find our house.
我们的房♥子是黑暗的,没有灯。
Ours is the dark house with no lights.
这就是我光明节想要的。
That’s what I want for Hanukkah.
——什么?-圣诞彩灯!
– What? – Christmas lights!
对不起,多莉。
Sorry, dolly.
犹太人没有圣诞彩灯。
Jews don’t get Christmas lights.
八个夜晚的烛光。
Eight nights of candlelight.
我可以带着示波器睡觉吗?
Can I sleep with the oscilloscope?
走了。我们得烧橡胶。
Get going. We got to burn rubber.
-那是什么?第二部分。
– What’s that? -Second section.
天使。她在那列火车上。
Angel. She’s on that train.
——灯。
-The lights.
我必须把灯调到轨道上。
I must turn the lights down the track.
-停车!
-Stop the train!
停下火车!
Stop the train!
天使!
-Angel!
妈妈!妈妈!
Mommy! Mommy!
我知道光明节要什么了!
I know what I want for Hanukkah!
我知道光明节要什么了!
I know what I want for Hanukkah!
……光明节!
…Hanukkah!
谢谢你!
Thank you!
萨米。
Sammy.
-我的天啊。——哇。
-Oh, my God. – Whoa.
我太兴奋了。
I’m so excited.
好了,外面的地面,中间传导能量,
Okay, so the outside grounds, the middle conducts the power,
还有引擎下面的两个金属轮子
and these two metal wheels under the engine
完成电路。
complete the circuit.
那么,新来的,工程师先生?
So, new, Mr. Engineer?
RCA给你加薪了?
RCA gave you a raise?
那是一辆昂贵的有轨电车。
That is one expensive trolley car.
这不是有轨电车。这是莱昂内尔的火车。
It’s not a trolley car. It’s a Lionel train.
电脑工今年没有加薪。
No raises for the computer guys this year.
也许明年吧。
Next year, maybe.
你兼♥职♥的儿子会为此付出代价
Your moonlighting son is paying for it
把我的房♥子塞满坏电视
by filling up my house with broken TVs.
修理工作,就是这样。
Repair work, that’s how.
小心别让他电到自己。
Oy, careful he doesn’t electrocute himself.
-等等。-你没事的。
– Hold on. – You’re okay.
你不能丢下我一个人坐豪华火车去佛罗里达。
You’re not taking that fancy train to Florida without me.
嘿,你看。
Hey, look.
她躺在地板上。
She’s down on the floor.
谁来扶她起来?
Who’s gonna help her up?
谁说我要起床了?
Who says I’m getting up?
我要坐Sammy Limited去迈阿密。
I’m going to Miami on the Sammy Limited.
去做吧。
Go ahead.
——哦。
– Ooh.
我精确地设计玩具。
I precisely engineer toys.
你可以和他们一起玩
You can play with them
当你学会尊重他们的时候。
when you’ve learned to treat them with respect.
我很尊重他们。我爱他们。
I do respect them. I love them.
我知道,但你不能只是爱一样东西。
I know you do, but you can’t just love something.
你也得照顾好它,对吧?
You also have to take care of it, right?
也许这个周末我们可以和他们一起玩。
Maybe we can play together with them this weekend.
但我要看他们崩溃。
But I need to see them crash.
我不明白。
I don’t understand.
他为什么要看飞机坠毁?
Why does he need to see them crash?
这是晚了。
It’s late.
你不想关灯吗?
You don’t want to shut your light?
嗯,等一下。
Mm. In a minute.
我还是很清醒。
I’m still wide-awake.
看到这些降调了吗?
You see these descending notes?
这叫哀歌♥贝斯。
That’s called a lament bass.
你应该在电台的艺术节目里播放。
You should play it on the radio on that arts program.
——哦。-他们一直让你回去。
– Oh. -They keep asking you to go back.
我可没时间。毫米。
I don’t have time for that. Mm.
我们可以雇个保姆。
Well, we can hire a sitter.
谁能负担得起?算了吧。
Who can afford that? Forget it.
那是另一种生活。
That was another life.
那是两个孩子以前的事了。
That was two kids ago.
你知道我最想念钢琴的什么吗?
You know what I miss most about the piano?
屈服于比分。
Surrendering to the score.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!