我真的觉得很好吃
I really do like these.
女儿 你要先离席吗?
Honey, would you like to be excused?
什么?
What?
海瑟·葛蕾丝
Hazel Grace.
欢迎接受《庄严的痛苦》的折磨
Welcome to the sweet torture of reading An Imperial Affliction.
但我正破坏一切规则
But now I’m breaking all the rules!
你还好吗?
Are you okay?
我正破坏一切规则
And now I’m breaking all the rules
我? 我很好
Uh… Me? Yeah, I am excellent.
不过以撒在我旁边…
I am, however, with Isaac, and…
和海瑟说话会让你好些还是更糟?
Isaac, does Support Group Hazel make this better or worse?
– 我虚掷所有时光 – 以撒 听我说
– I’ve been wasting all my time – Isaac! Focus on me.
虚掷所有时光
Been wasting all my time
你能多快赶过来?
How fast can you get here?
好 门没锁
Great. Well, the door’s open.
我得挂了 拜
I gotta run. Bye.
喂?
Hello?
海瑟
Hazel.
以撒 支持团体的海瑟来了
Isaac, Hazel Grace from the Support Group is here.
– 嗨 – 嗨
– Hi. – Hi.
我得提醒你…
Uh… A gentle reminder…
以撒正处于精神病发作的状态
Isaac’s in the midst of a psychotic episode right now.
你看起来很不错
You look really nice, by the way.
我喜欢你穿这颜色
I like this color on you.
谢谢
Thank you.
以撒
Isaac.
以撒 海瑟来了
Isaac, Hazel’s here.
嗨 以撒
Hey, Isaac.
嗨 海瑟
Hey, Hazel.
你还好吗?
How you doing?
还可以
I’m doing okay.
以撒和莫妮卡不再交往了
It seems Isaac and Monica are no longer a going concern.
以撒 我很遗憾
Oh, Isaac, I’m so sorry.
你想聊聊吗?
Do you want to talk about it?
不 我只想哭还有打电玩
No, I just want to cry and play video games.
不过 跟他说话也无害…
However, you know, it doesn’t hurt to talk to him…
看能否给他女性观点的良言
if you have any sage words of feminine advice.
我觉得他的反应很正常
I actually think that his response is fairly appropriate.
痛苦要求被感觉到
“Pain demands to be felt.”
你引用那本书的句子
You’re quoting my book.
她说她想在手术前分手
She said she wanted to break up with me before the surgery…
因为她无法处理这种状况
because she couldn’t handle it.
我要瞎了 而她无法处理
I’m about to lose my eyesight, and she can’t handle it.
我一再对她说”永远”
I kept saying “always” to her. Like, “Always.”
她老是打断我
And she kept talking over me
也不回我同样的话…
and not saying it back, and…
好像我已经走了 你懂吗?
It was like I was gone already, you know?
有时候…
You know, sometimes…
人们许诺时并不真懂自己许的诺言
people don’t understand the promises that they’re making when they make them.
我知道 但…
I know, but…
我觉得好失败
I feel like such a loser.
我还戴着她的项链
I still have her necklace on.
拿掉
Take it off.
老兄 快拿掉
Dude, take that off.

Yeah.
没事的 老兄 没事
Here we go, man. Here we go.
我想踢点东西
I just want to kick something.
别踢那个
Don’t hit that, don’t hit that.
– 打这个 – 抱歉
– Hit this. – Sorry.
我这几天都想打给你
I’ve been wanting to call you for a few days now…
但我想先整理出
but I’ve been waiting until I could form
连贯的心得
a coherent thought about An Imperial Affliction.
等等
One second.
以撒
Isaac.
枕头不会破
Pillows don’t break.
换个能打破的东西
You need to break something.
试试这个
Try this.
– 奖杯? – 对
– The trophy? – Yeah.
确定?
Are you sure?
我一直想让爸爸知道我多恨篮球
I’ve been looking for a way to tell my father I kind of hate basketball.
尽管砸吧!
Go to town!
永远!
Always!
《庄严的痛苦》
An Imperial Affliction.
真高兴你喜欢这本书
Yes. I’m so glad that you liked it.
我喜欢 但它的结局
Yes, I did. But the ending.
我知道 挺突兀的
I know. It is rather abrupt.
“突兀”? 你说笑吗? 那叫邪恶!
“Rather abrupt”? Are you kidding? It’s evil!
我能理解她死了…
I mean, I understand that she dies…
但有个不成文的契约关于作者和…
but there’s an unwritten contract between author and…
– 古斯? – 啊?
– Gus? – Yeah?
– 行吗? – 好
– Cool? – Sure.
关于作者和读者
Between author and reader.
让书在句子中戛然而止…
And I feel like ending your book in the middle of a sentence…
就违背了这契约 你说呢?
violates that contract, don’t you think?
我明白你的意思
Okay, yes. I know what you mean…
但老实说
but, to be completely honest,
我觉得这很真实
I think it’s just so truthful.
人会死在生命中途
You just die in the middle of life.
或死在句子中途
You die in the middle of a sentence.
我不知道…
And, I don’t know…
我也想知道
But I really would like to know
安娜死后大家怎么了
what happens to everyone after Anna dies.
像安娜的妈妈
Like Anna’s mother.
对 和荷兰郁金香男
Yes, and the Dutch Tulip Man.
还有仓鼠薛西弗斯
And Sisyphus the Hamster.
对!
Yes!
你试着联络过彼得万豪顿吗?
Have you tried contacting this Peter Van Houten fellow?
我写了很多封信给他
I’ve written him so many letters,
从他无回信
but he’s never responded.
显然 他搬到阿姆斯特丹
Apparently, he moved to Amsterdam
成为隐士…
and became a recluse, and…
– 真不幸 – 对
– Shame. – Yeah.
以撒…
Isaac.
好多了吗?
You feeling better, buddy?
这就是痛苦
That’s the thing about pain.
痛苦要求被感觉到
It demands to be felt.
我会帮你整理
I’ll help you clean this up.
海瑟葛蕾丝
Hazel Grace.
奥古斯都沃特
Augustus Waters.
我无法不想那本该死的书
I cannot stop thinking about this goddamn book.
别客气
You’re welcome.
但我们总要个结局 不是吗?
However, we do need closure, don’t you think?
我在信里就是这么
That is exactly what I was asking
拜托彼得·万豪顿
Van Houten for in my letters.
但他从不回信
But he never responded.
没错
Um, nope.
“亲爱的沃特先生…
“Dear Mr. Waters…
我以此信感谢你的电子邮件
“I am writing to thank you for your electronic correspondence.
“我感谢任何人愿意花宝贵时间…
“I am grateful to anyone who sets aside the time…
“阅读我的作品”
“to read my book.”
奥古斯都?
Augustus?
是的?
Yes?
你做什么?
What are you doing?
我可能找到了…
I may have found…
彼得万豪顿的助理 发电邮给她
Van Houten’s assistant, emailed her.
– 奥古斯都! – 她再转寄给彼得万豪顿
– Augustus! – She may have forwarded that email on to Van Houten.
天啊 好 快!
Oh, my God. Yeah, go, go, go!
“我要特别感谢你 先生”
“I am particularly indebted to you, sir.”
海瑟·葛蕾丝 他称呼我”先生”
Hazel Grace, he just called me “sir.”
奥古斯都 继续念!
Augustus, keep reading, keep reading!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!