in a city that’s famous for its vice
和男生瞎混?
and debauchery is totally fine with you?
我差不多就是这意思
Yeah, that’s pretty much exactly what I’m saying.
古斯!
Gus!
你真帅!
Oh, you look so handsome!
– 谢谢 女士 – 哇
– Thank you, ma’am. – Wow.
海瑟 古斯来了…
Hazel, Gus is here…
他打扮得超帅!
looking incredible!
我听说这家餐厅不同凡响
I hear this restaurant is unbelievable.

Wow.
什么?
What?
你好美
You look gorgeous.
谢谢
Thanks.
就是这里
This is it.
奥兰治餐厅 到了
Oranjee. Yeah, this is it.

Oh, yeah.
你们的位置 沃特先生和太太
Your table, Mr. and Mrs. Waters.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢 古斯
Thanks, Gus.
不用客气
You are very welcome.
香槟是本店奉送的 请用
The champagne is our gift. Enjoy.
谢谢
Thank you.
两位好
Good evening.

Voilà.
– 好不好? – 好
– Okay? – Okay
太好喝了
That is amazing.
你知道唐·培里侬
Do you know what Dom Pérignon said
发明香槟后说啥?
after he invented champagne?
他说 “快来 我正在品尝星星”
“Come quickly,” he said. “I’m tasting the stars.”
欢迎光临奥兰治
Welcome to Oranjee.
你们想要菜单 或主厨推荐料理?
Would you like a menu, or will you have the chef’s choice?
主厨推荐料理似乎很棒
Chef’s choice sounds wonderful.
先生…
And, sir, um…
我们还想再来点这个
something tells me we’re gonna need a little bit more of this.
今晚星星都装满瓶了
We have bottled all the stars for you this evening,
年轻朋友
my young friends.
那是我们的餐吧
I think that’s ours.
女士的紫红萝卜炖饭
Dragon carrot risotto for the lady.
谢谢
Thank you.
这是给先生的
And for the gentleman.
– 谢谢 – 请慢用
– Thank you. – Enjoy.
我希望紫红萝卜炖饭能变成人…
I want this dragon carrot risotto to become a person…
我就能带它去赌城结婚
so that I can take it to Vegas and marry it.
我喜欢你的西装
I like your suit.
谢谢 这是我第一次穿它
Thank you. It’s the first time I’ve ever worn it.
那不是你穿去参加丧礼的吧?
That’s not the suit you wear to funerals?
不是
No.
那件西装没有这件好
That one is not nearly this nice.
当我一开始生病…
When I first got sick…
医生说我有85%的治愈率
they told me I had an 85 percent chance of being cancer-free.
机率不小
Great odds.
但也代表一年折磨 失去一条腿…
But that meant a year of torture, the loss of my leg…
还是有15%的机会失败
and, still, a 15 percent chance it might fail.
在手术前…
Just before the surgery…
我问爸妈能否买♥♥套很高级的西装
I asked my parents if I could buy a really nice suit.
所以这是你的寿衣
So, it’s your death suit.
没错
That’s what it is.
我也有一件 十五岁生日买♥♥的
I have one of those. I got it for my fifteenth birthday.
一件洋装
A dress.
但我不会想穿那件去约会
I don’t necessarily think I’d wear it on a date, though.
我们是在约会啰?
So, we’re on a date?
小心点
Hey, you watch it.
我们是沃特先生和太太
We are Mr. And Mrs. Waters.
那是因为她不懂英文
Oh. That’s just because she can’t speak English.
我们应该从善如流 对吧?
We should be, though, if they ask. You know?
记得你说过赌城的事?
Remember what you said about Vegas?
记得
Yeah.
我能参加那场婚礼吗?
Do you think I could join in on that deal?
神呢?
God?
也许
Maybe.
那天使呢?
How about angels?
不信
Mmm, no.
来世?
Afterlife? Mmm…
不信
No.
也许吧 我不知道
Well, maybe. I don’t know.
或许我不该说得这么武断…
I guess I wouldn’t go as far as to say “no”…
但如果有证据就更好了
but I would like some evidence.
那你呢?
What about you?
– 我完全相信 – 真的?
– Absolutely. – Really?
我不是说像在天堂整天骑独角兽…
I mean, not like a heaven where you ride on a unicorn all day…
住在云朵建造的华厦这类的…
and live in a mansion made of clouds…
但我确实相信有某种来世
but yes, I definitely believe in something.
要不然…
I mean, otherwise…
有什么意义?
what’s the point?
也许根本就没有意义
Maybe there is no point.
这我可不接受
I won’t accept that.
我爱你
I am in love with you.
你听见了
You heard me.
奥古斯都…
Augustus…
我爱你
I am in love with you.
我知道爱如同对空虚呐喊…
And I know that love is just a shout into the void
…而且必然被遗忘
and that oblivion is inevitable.
我们的命运已注定…
And that we’re all doomed…
有一天…
and that one day…
所有辛苦都会化为灰烬…
all of our labors will be returned to dust.
我也知道太阳会
And I know that the sun will swallow
吞没唯一的地球
the only Earth we will ever have.
但我还是爱你
And I am in love with you.
抱歉
Sorry.
还要星星吗?
More stars?
不了 谢谢
No, thank you.
我们该结♥帐♥了
I think we’ll just have the check.
不用
No, sir.
万豪顿先生已经付清了
Your meal has been paid by Mr. Van Houten.
什么?
What?
我不明白那件衣服
I don’t really get that shirt.
彼得万豪顿会懂的
But Van Houten will get it.
《庄严的痛苦》提了50次马格里特
There are, like, fifty Magritte references in An Imperial Affliction.
“这不是烟斗”
“This is not a pipe.”
但那明明是烟斗
But it is a pipe.
它不是
But it’s not.
这只是烟斗的图案
It is a drawing of a pipe.
懂吗?
See?
图案并非那东西本身
A drawing of a thing is not the thing itself.
衣服上的图案也不是那东西本身
Nor is a T-shirt of a drawing of a thing, the thing itself.

Hey, you.
你何时变这么成熟?
When did you get so grown up?
谁准备好寻求解答了?
Who’s ready for some answers?
我!
Me!
到了
This is it.
我兴奋得快不能呼吸
I’m so excited, I can barely breathe.
你平常不也是这样?
As opposed to normal?
你走开啦
Get out of here.
莉德薇?
Lidewij?
– 嗨! – 我是奥古斯都
– Hi! – Hi, I’m Augustus.
– 我是莉德薇 – 我是海瑟
– Lidewij. – Hazel.
请进
Please, come in.
谢谢
Thank you.
彼得!他们到了!
Peter! They’re here!
“他们”是什么意思?
Who the hell is “they,” Lidewij?
是奥古斯都和海瑟…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!