查它的路线,找那辆货车,发出对麦克迪尔兄弟的详情通报
Get its routes and find that truck. Issue APB’s on both McDeere brothers.
在1870年间的蒸汽船高峰时期
During the height of the steamboat era in the 1870s…
有数以百计像罗伯特·李号♥的海上皇宫
these great floating palaces like the Robert E. Lee numbered by the 100s…
在密西西比河上往来
on the Mississippi River.
请跟我到主甲板
Follow me now to the main deck of the boat…
米奇!
Hey, Mitch. Mitch!
孩子们想我带他们出来
…’cause the kids wanted me to bring them by.
为什么?什么事?好的
Why? What’s the matter? OK.
拉马尔?我刚在泥岛博物馆看见米奇
Oh, Lamar? I just saw Mitch at Mud island Museum.
他像个游客般走过。我挥手,但他看不到我
He zipped through like a tourist. I waved, but he didn’t see me.
(法利鲶鱼农场)
西北航♥空♥,第26♥4♥号♥班机,从芝加哥抵达
Northwest Airlines, Flight 26♥4♥, arriving from Chicago…
– 德瓦舍 – 他们在泥岛见到麦克迪尔
– Devasher. – They spotted McDeere on Mud Island.
马上叫人去那里,我跟着就来
Get the boys over there right away. I’m on my way.
把这些跟其余的一起放好
OK. Let’s get these below with the rest of them.
– 阿班克斯潜水公♥司♥ – 我的朋友们怎样?
– Abanks Diving Lodge. – How are my friends?
很好
OK.
你哥哥在机上,塔米正在上货
Your brother’s on the plane and Tammy’s loading the shipment.
– 一切顺利 – 你的律师朋友死了
– It worked out. – Your lawyer friend is dead.
他没有上船,他取消了包船
He never was on the boat. He cancelled the charter.
– 他怎会… – 他遇溺了…在浴缸里
– How did he… – He drowned… in his bathtub…
在那个女士走了之后。塔米没有告诉你吗?
…after the lady left. Didn’t Tammy tell you?
什么?什么女士?你怎么知道…
What? What lady? How did you get the–
我不知道,塔米的女性朋友给他下了迷♥药♥
I don’t know. Tammy’s lady friend slipped him a “mickey finn”.
我看是一个他认识的人
I think it was somebody he knew.
你在说什么?什么女性朋友?
What are you talking about? What lady friend?
等一会…米奇在问起你的朋友艾比,那是她的名字吧?
Wait a minute. Mitch is asking about your friend Abby. Isn’t that her name?
对不起
Excuse me.
看到那第一道门吗?我从前面走
Come here. See that first door? I’m going around the front.
你这个混♥蛋♥!
You sick son of a bitch!
(皮布迪酒店)
我当然可以谈,我不是在谈着吗?
Of course, I can talk. Isn’t that what I’m doing?
莫利,如果有别的原因,就告诉我
If it’s something else, please advise me, Maury.
我一向都喜欢付每小时五百元来学习
I always like to learn something at $500 an hour.
我发誓每个律师都该死
I swear, every fucking lawyer should be killed.
你想什么?你想见麦克迪尔?
You wanna what? You want to meet with McDeere?
为什么?让你可收我一小时一千元吗?
For what? So you can charge me $1 ,000 an hour…
而你就把我关进监狱坐三十年?你留在芝加哥
while you send me to Joliet for 30 years? Stay in Chicago.
这个小时做成了一宗交易,我肯定它是好东西
This kid’s cut a deal and I bet it’s a beaut.
– 如我抓到这个他妈的小子… – 对不起
– If I get my hands on this fucking kid… – Excuse me.
– 现在不行 – 莫鲁图先生,我想这是急事
– Not now. – I think it’s urgent, Mr. Morolto.
– 露菲说是急事,你怎么… – 是麦克迪尔先生
– Ruthie says it’s urgent. What do you… – It’s Mr. McDeere.
米奇·麦克迪尔先生
Mr. Mitchell McDeere.
他在等着见你们
He’s waiting to see you.
露菲说得对
I think Ruth is right.
我是米奇·麦克迪尔
Mitch McDeere.
我是你的律师,其中一个吧
I’m your attorney. One of them anyway.
我猜你已经知道,但我还是说一下,以妨…
I assume you knew, but I thought I’d mention it in case…
– 请坐 – 不用了
– Would you care to sit down? – Not really.
我想…
I want to try…
这件事…真尴尬
This is just… This is very awkward.
我的律师行作了一个违反操守的行为
I’m afraid my firm has behaved in an unethical manner.
看来我们…本迪尼-兰伯特&洛克律师行
It seems that we Bendini, Lambert & Locke…
整间律师行一直进行着…
the entire firm has been engaged in a…
一项阴谋
well, a conspiracy.
我们一直…滥收费用
We’ve been… overbilling our clients.
在一些更是庞大的滥收数目
In some cases, massive overbilling.
我保证,在我加入这间公♥司♥时,我是完全不知情的
I assure you, I had no idea this was going on when I joined the firm.
我觉得我要举报这种犯罪行为
I feel I have to report this criminal behaviour.
但我不能在没有你们的授权下使用你们的发♥票♥
But I can’t use your invoices without your written authorization.
– 我们的发♥票♥? – 东尼,听他说
– Our invoices? – Tony, please. Listen.
是的,你们的帐单是我们对付滥收费用的重要证据
Yes, sir. Your bills are an important part of the proof that we’ve overbilled you.
就是这样?
That’s it?
大概是了。大部分的客户已经同意
Pretty much. Most of our clients have already agreed.
差不多是全部人,除了你们
Pretty much all. Except for you.
所以我就来这里
Which is why I’m here.
这就是你跟联邦调查局谈过的事?
And this is what you’ve been talking to the FBI about?
– 你想我们让你把我们的帐单… – 我们收你们的费用
– You want us to let you turn our bills… – What we charged you.
– 应该说是“超收” 你们 – 交给政♥府♥?
– I should say “overcharged” you… – …over to the government.
– 是的 – 这情况下…
– Yes, sir. – Is that in any way
不会,这样不会影响你所有保密权利…
No, sir. It does not in any way waive your rights to full confidentiality…
在其他律师与当事人关系范畴上的
in any other area of the attorney-client relationship.
我是你们的律师
I’m your lawyer, gentlemen.
无论我喜欢与否,我也不能向政♥府♥谈论你们
Whether I like it or not, I can’t talk to the government about you…
即使我不再做你们的律师
even when I’m no longer your lawyer.
那会违反我的誓言
That would be breaking my word. My oath.
好吧,米奇
All right, Mitch.
偷取档案的事又怎样?究竟是什么一回事?
What was this stealing of the files? What the fuck was this all about?
那些档案没有被偷去,它们还是完封不动
The files haven’t been stolen. They are in exactly the same place.
我有需要详细了解你的资产和活动的…
It was important for me to be thoroughly familiar with the precise make-up…
实际组合和分布地点
and whereabouts of all the holdings and activities.
所以我把全部文件都影印了
So, I prepared copies of everything.
那样你和我就可以沟通得更好
That way you and I can communicate perfectly.
当然,如果我们需要跟第三者谈
Of course, if we ever have to talk to a third party…
那么我就清楚知道每便士、英镑、法郞和马克的数目
then I know everything down to the penny, pound, franc and Deutschmark.
我知道你知道的一切,这是应该的,身为你的律师
I know everything you know. As I should. As your attorney.
如果律师行决定终止雇用你又怎样?
What if the firm should desire to terminate your employment?
无论我知道什么、去到哪里,我都受制于律师与当事人♥权♥利
Whatever I know, wherever I go, I am bound by the attorney-client privilege.
我就好像…
I am very much like…
就好像一条载着货物、永远泊不到港口的船
I am exactly like a ship carrying a cargo that will never reach any port.
我有生一日,那条船永远都泊不到岸
As long as I’m alive, the ship will always be at sea.
就好像阿♥拉♥发是吗?每晚都在不同的地方
Yasser-fucking Arafat, huh? Never a night in the same place.
无论如何,我需要你的书面授权,让我可以交出帐单
In any case, I need your written authorization so I can release your bills.
像其他当事人一样
Like every other client has given.
– 你可有带授权书来? – 有的
– You have this authorization with you? – I do.
(致:韦恩·塔兰斯探员 联邦调查局,米奇·麦克迪尔)
– 里面有发现吗? – 没有
– Anything in there? – Nothing.
他妈的!
Fuck!
你有户口号♥码?你知道怎样取得它?
You got the account number? You know how to access it?
米奇证实已经收到钱。75万
Mitch has verified that the money’s there. $750,000.
我喜欢你那翘起的小嘴
I love your crooked little mouth.
– 这不是我最好的特征 – 什么是呢?
– It’s not my best feature. – Wow! What is?
你究竟在哪里?
Where the hell are you?
这算什么?你让莫鲁图家族逍遥法外?
What is this? You let the Moroltos off the hook?
– 他们是我的当事人 – 他们是坏蛋
– They’re my clients. – They’re the crooks.
你让黑♥手♥党♥脱身
You’re letting the Mafia get away.
你们也好不了多少
You guys are always one villain behind the times.
你只给我一些虚报帐单的文职人员?
You give me some “pencil-pushers” who padded their bill?
你认为他们没有开枪就不是坏人?
You think if they don’t pull guns, they’re not the bad guys.
问一问莫鲁图家族找谁更困难
Ask the Moroltos who’s harder to find.
杀人凶手还是把他们的钱收藏起来的律师
The killer or the lawyer hiding their money?
别说废话
Don’t give me that shit.
你想抓黑♥手♥党♥吗?抓他们的律师吧
You want the mafia? Get their lawyers.
没有律师行,莫鲁图家族也洗不到黑钱
Without the firm, the Moroltos can only launder money in a washing machine.
你真是天真,外面还有一千间律师行明天就会洗黑钱
You are so naive. There are 1 ,000 other firms who’ll launder money tomorrow.
– 你又怎样铲除它们 – 逐间来
– How the hell you gonna get all them? – One at a time.
我是个律师,有我的一间。你是个探员,你去抓其余的
I’m a lawyer and I got mine. You’re a cop. You get the rest of them.
用什么来抓?滥收费用?邮件诈骗?真刺♥激♥
Get them with what? Overbilling? Mail fraud? That’s exciting.
那不容易但很有力。罚款一万元和入狱五年
It’s not sexy, but it’s got teeth. $10,000 and five years in prison.
是每项罪名十年和五年
That’s 10 and 5 for each act.
你可有认真看过?
Have you really looked at that?
律师行每个合伙人都虚报帐目
You got every partner in the firm on overbilling.
有250项文件和邮件诈骗。那是敲诈勒索
There’s 250 acts of document and mail fraud there. That’s racketeering.
至少入狱1250年 和罚款250万元
That’s minimum 1 ,250 years in prison and $2 1/2 million dollars in fines.
– 比你抓到卡邦的还更多 – 你把事件扭曲
– That’s more than you had on Capone. – You twist this into whatever you want.
你同意交易为了自保,又拿了75万元
You made a deal to save your ass. You got 3/4 of a million dollars.
你仍然是个高明的律师,而且在这件事中脱身
You’re still a hotshot lawyer and you’re out of this.
我没有收下你们分文。这笔钱是给别人的
I didn’t keep a nickel of your money. It was always for somebody else.
是的,我当过本迪尼-兰伯特&洛克律师行的律师
Yeah, I’m still a lawyer with references from Bendini, Lambert & Locke.
你可想你的履历上有那个?
You wanna put that on your resume?
你以为我日后开动汽车时不惊慌吗?
You think I’m ever gonna turn on my car again without sweating.
我不明白你。为什么你那样做?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!