那二千人在下星期三早晨就会没命
Those 2000 men on Kheros will die next Wednesday morning.
除非有人爬过去
unless somebody climbs the cliff.
我们找不到其他人爬过去
There’s nobody else we can get in time
如有 你也不会在这里
If there were,you wouldn’t be here now
我想现在找安德里亚帮忙已经太迟了
I suppose it’s too late to get Andrea Stavros to help me
恰恰相反
On the contrary.
我想他已在你的酒店等你
I think you’ll find him waiting for you in your hotel
你想的真周到
You think of everything.
这是我的工作
I have to. It’s part of my job.
谢谢 基思
-Thanks, Keith.
这是我的荣幸
-It’s my pleasure.
我希望有好的阵容
Nothing I like better than a well-organized setup.
你会对你的团队感兴趣的
You’ll want to know about the team.
西里 请给我们再来些咖啡好吗
Sydney, would you get us some more coffee, please?
富兰克林认为这是最好的团队 我同意
Franklin considers it the best team in the business. I agree
他是这个任务的理想人选 经验丰富 非常有能力
He himself is ideal for the job. He’s experienced and extremely capable.
不要羞愧 罗伊
Don’t blush, Roy.
最棒的是 他很幸运 对吧 罗伊
And best of all, he’s lucky.Aren’t you lucky?
-如果你这样说的话 长官 -那当然
-If you say so, sir.-I do, indeed.
拿破仑曾经说过 一个人升为将军
Napoleon said once, when somebody was up for promotion to general
他肯定很出色 但是他足够幸运么
“Yes, I know he’s brilliant.But is he lucky?”
这位皇帝重视运气的价值 罗伊看上去正如所言
The emperor knew the value of luck.Our Roy seems to have it
那让我当上将 长官
Then make me a general, sir.
有点耐心吧 孩子 耐心点
Patience, my dear boy, patience.
米勒下士是化学专家
Now this is our Corporal Miller.A chemistry professor in private life.
绝对是烈性炸♥药♥方面的天才
An absolute genius with high explosives
曾炸毁敌阵 而不损邻近地方
He blew up Rommel’s headquarters with no damage to the orphanage next door.
我们试图让他转文职 他拒绝了
They don’t come any better. We tried to make him an officer. He refused.
这是屠夫布朗 机械奇才
This is “Butcher” Brown,our mechanical marvel.
他是机器 无线电等方面的天才
He’s a genius with engines,machinery, radios, et cetera.
他是我见过用刀最好的人
And the best man with a knife I’ve ever met
在西班牙受训 被称为巴塞罗纳屠夫
He got his training in Spain. The boys call him the Butcher of Barcelona
列兵斯派洛派普派迪莫斯
Private Spyro Pappadimos.
他有什么专长
What’s his particular genius?
他是天生的杀手 正好派得上用场
He’s a born killer. A useful man to have along on a job like this.
他父亲就是我们在纳瓦隆的联络人
His father happens to be our chief resistance contact on Navarone.
他在美国学习深造
The boy went to America to get an education.
恐怕他入错了行
I’m afraid he got the wrong kind.
好了 这就是你团队的组成
Well, there’s the team.
海盗和凶手 全是杀人不眨眼的
Pirates and cutthroats,every one of them.
当然 这很幸运
And of course, there’s Lucky here
还有可怖的斯塔
And the redoubtable Mr. Stavros
和你
and yourself.
我们都很卓越 一定会成功
With every one of us a genius,how can we fail?
你不能这么说
You can’t.
下星期二我们会派驱逐舰前去纳瓦隆
We’re sending six destroyers through the Navarone Channel next Tuesday
把人撤离克洛斯
to take the men off Kheros.
如果那时炮还没毁
If those guns aren’t spiked by then
不止六艘船就会沉入爱琴海底
there’ll be six more ships at the bottom of the Aegean.
车来了 先生们
There’s your car, gentlemen.
很惊讶吗
Surprised?
没想到那么快又见到你
I didn’t think I’d see you again so soon
有想过你是来找我的吗
You thought you’d have to look for me?
时机一到 我会找到你
When the time came,I would find you.
这是什么
What is this?
我们要乘船到纳瓦隆
We have to ferry some operators to an island called Navarone.
-你知道吗 -我知道
-Do you know it?-I know it
我还知道在克里特岛有任务
I also know I have work to do on Crete.
-谁负责呢 -我的一个老朋友
-Who’s responsible for this? -A major I used to know.
富兰克林少校
Name of Franklin.
他想证明自己是英雄
He’s a man who still has to prove to himself he’s a hero
我要和他谈 他在哪里
I’ll speak to Franklin.Where do I find him?
他来了 你可在途中和他谈
That’s the man.You can speak with him on the way.
他们有机会成功吗
Think they’ve got a chance?
恐怕希望渺茫
Frankly, no.Not a chance in the world.
我都担心他们到纳瓦隆的一半路程也达不到
I’ll be surprised if they get halfway to Navarone.
只是断送六条人命
It’s just a waste of six good men
不过不要紧 已葬送太多了
However, it doesn’t matter, considering how many have been wasted already.
欣慰的是这不是我决定
I’m glad it’s not my decision.
我只是中间人
I’m only the middleman.
但也不排除成功的可能
Still, they may get there and they may pull it off
任何事情都会在在战争中发生
Anything can happen in a war.In the middle of absolute insanity
在非凡境地 人们迸发出非凡的才智
people pull out extraordinary resources
智慧 勇气 和自我牺牲精神
Ingenuity, courage, self-sacrifice.
可惜在和平时代我们却无法体会
Pity we can’t beat the problems of peace in the same way.
这种精神的可贵
It would be so much cheaper.
我从没如此想过
I never thought of it in just that way.
你是哲学家
-You’re a philosopher
不 我只是负责任务派发和人事调遣
-No.I’m just the man who has to send people out on jobs like this one.
一定是有事来迟了 我肯定他会很快到这儿
Must have been delayed.I’m sure he’ll be here soon.
-富兰克林少校吗 -是
-Major Franklin? -Right
我是贝克 很抱歉我来晚了 请跟我来
My name’s Baker. Sorry I was delayed.Come with me, please.
这里很舒服 真舍不得离开
It’s been so comfortable,I hate to leave.
你们准备好了吗
When you’re all quite ready.
真迷人 就像个英国小郡旅馆
Charming.Just like an English country hotel
其他人睡在哪里
Where does everybody else sleep?
没人要睡 放下你的脚 教授 我们要工作
Nobody sleeps. On your feet,professor. We’ve got homework to do.
请便 少校
If you insist, major
你在干什么 朋友 找尘埃吗
What are you doing, friend?Looking for dust?
不 窃听器
No, friend. Microphones.
这是英国陆军邮局 你这么不信任人吗
This is the British Army Post.Don’t you trust anyone?
对 所以我才能活这长多
No. That is why I have lived so long.
斯塔先生是希腊第十九机械兵团的上校
Mr. Stavros is Colonel Stavros of the Greek 19th Motorized Regiment.
-他是我们中级别最高的 -不再是了
-He outranks us all. -It is of no moment.
第十九兵团已不在
The 19th Regiment no longer exists,for the time being.
-什么 上校 -安德里亚
-I beg your pardon, colonel.-Andrea.
请继续
Please continue.
下士 你准备好了吗
Right. If you’re ready, corporal.
准备好了 长官 随时待命
Yes, sir. Ready, sir.Ready, willing and able, sir.
迫不及待了
Champing at the bit.
马洛里上校和安德里亚
Captain Mallory and Andrea
会负责带我们去
are responsible for getting us to where we’re going.
我会告诉你它在哪里 以及为什么
I’ll tell you where it is,and why we’re going
你在听我说吗 教授
That is, if you really want to know, professor
我正听着呢
I’m all ears, sir. All ears.
我们必须避开沿海公路 那就是说我们要行军十二英里
We must avoid the coast road.That means a 12-mile trek.
到达圣阿里克斯 在那里 来自曼德拉克斯的抵抗军
to St. Alexis, where Resistance people from the town of Mandrakos.
将会来与我们汇合
will come and meet us if they can make it.
有什么问题吗
Any questions?
我提议走另一条路线
I have an alternative route to that place.
借一下铅笔好吗
May I borrow your pencil, please?
你认为这有可能吗 少校
Does the major think this is possible?

I see.
这是个办法 对吧
That’s a thought, isn’t it?
那么让我们重新审视计划 看看是否有任何别的选择
Well, let’s re-examine the plan and see if we have any alternative
当心
Watch out!
-他在外面多久 -我听了十分钟了
-How long has he been there? -I heard something 10 minutes ago.
我还以为听错了 又听了一下
I thought my ears were playing tricks.Then I heard it again.
10分钟 布朗 去叫贝克少校
Ten minutes?Brown, go and get Major Baker.

Yes, sir.
你叫什么
What’s your name?
你在外面干什么
What are you doing here?
少校问你话 快回答
The major asked you a question!Answer the major
像是库尔德语 听不懂
Sounds like Kurdish.I don’t understand it.
我试试希腊语
I’ll try Greek.
-请翻译一下-他不会说英语
-Translation, please.-He doesn’t speak English.
那他为什么偷听
Why was he listening?
-你要对他干什么 -你认识他么
-What are you doing to that man?-You know him?
这是尼克莱 是个洗衣工 你们是因为他来叫我的吗
That’s Nicolai, our laundry boy.Is he the reason I’ve been disturbed?
今天可真不顺
I’ve had a hard day!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!