希腊和爱琴海
Greece and the islands of the Aegean Sea.
蕴育了众多的关于战争和冒险的神话和传奇故事
have given birth to many myths and legends of war and adventure
这些一度引以为傲的石头石块 毁坏了的庙宇
And these once-proud stones,these ruined and shattered temples
都见证了文明的兴起和衰落
bear witness to the civilization that flourished and then died here
神和英雄开展了传奇故事
And of the demigods and heroes who inspired those legends
在这一海域和这些海岛上
on this sea and these islands
同样的舞台上 现在是我们的传奇时间
But though the stage is the same,ours is a legend of our own times.
而我们的英雄只是普通人
and its heroes are not demigods,but ordinary people
1943年 故事开始
In 1943, so the story goes.
二千名英兵被困克洛斯
2000 British soldiers lay marooned on the island of Kheros
疲倦无助
exhausted and helpless
只余一星期可活
They had exactly one week to live.
在柏林 轴心国决定在爱琴海一展实力
In Berlin, the Axis had determined on a show of strength in the Aegean Sea
希望能迫使土耳其加入他们
to bully neutral Turkey into coming into the war on their side.
目标是土耳其海岸附近
The scene of that demonstration was to be
没有军事价值的克洛斯
Kheros itself of no military value,but only miles off the coast of Turkey.
德国精锐的战争机器
The cream of the German war machine,
蓄势待发
rested and ready was to spearhead the attack.
克洛斯的人在闪电战发动前
The men on Kheros were doomed unless
如果不疏散将在劫难逃
they could be evacuated before the blitz.
但是离开克洛斯的唯一通路
But the only passage to and from Kheros.
纳瓦隆岛上有驻军
was guarded and blocked by two great newly designed,
和雷达控制的新型大炮来封锁此地
radar-controlled guns on the nearby island of Navarone.
大炮火力强大精准
Guns too powerful and accurate
对途经爱琴海的盟军船只威胁巨大
for any Allied ship then in the Aegean to challenge.
盟军情报部得知此信
Allied Intelligence learned of the projected blitz
是在即定日期前一周
only one week before the appointed date
接下来六天发生的事就是纳瓦隆的传奇
What took place in the next six days became the legend of Navarone
什么事
Yes?
我是来找詹森准将的
I’m looking for Commodore Jensen.
我就是詹森
I’m Jensen.
进来 马洛里
Come in, Mallory.
你来晚了
You’re late.
抱歉 离克里特岛1小时时我们的飞机被攻击了
I’m sorry. Our plane was attacked an hour out of Crete.
一个引擎被击中 长官
-We got into Alex on one engine, sir.
德国人悬赏一万元抓你和斯塔
-The Germans have a price on you.and Andrea Stavros of 10,000 pounds apiece
你怎知道
How did you know that?
我当然知道 我是你老板
I should do. I’m your boss.
过去18个月你为我工作
You’ve been working for me the past 18 months
我很高兴能见到你
I’m delighted to make your acquaintance.
他们说你要放假
Did they say you were going on leave?
是的
Yes, sir. They did.
真抱歉 恐怕不是这样
Well, I’m sorry.I’m afraid that’s not true.
无论如何 现在还不能
Not yet, at any rate.
这是你老朋友 打个招呼吧
Here’s your old chum.Come and say hello to him.
离开雅典后你一点儿也没变
You haven’t changed since Athens.
你好 罗伊
Hello, Roy
来吧 先生们
Come along, gentlemen, will you?
巴恩斯比 这些先生们想要了解纳瓦隆的消息
Barnsby,these gentlemen have an interest in Navarone
我们在无线电上听到过你讲的 现在请讲具体些
We’ve heard you on radio, but perhaps you’ll be more specific now.
我会很具体的
I’ll be specific.
就像你所见的 那里很恐怖
As you can plainly see,it was bloody awful!
巴恩斯比中队长是澳洲人
Squadron Leader Barnsby’s Australian.
我们会想回去的 对吧
But we’d love to go back,wouldn’t we boys?
-当然 -准备好了就回
-Sure! Right! -Just as soon as we can!But…
但是只有一个条件
only on one condition.
我们要和想出这计划的家伙回去
We want the joker who thought of this to come with us.
然后我们会从高空推他下去
and when we get there we’re gonna shove him out at 10,000 feet
没有降落傘
.without a parachute.
-那么差吗 -差
-It was bad as that?-Bad?!
这是不现实的 从空中不行
It can’t be done.Not from the air, anyway.
你肯定吗 中队长 这个很重要
You’re sure about that,squadron leader? This is important.
就像我的命那样 对我 和这里活下来的这些家伙
So’s my life!To me, anyway. And the lives of these jokers here
还有今晚我们失踪了的18个人
and the 18 men we lost tonight!
听着 长官
Look, sir
首先
first.
悬崖顶有一个该死的堡垒
you’ve got that old fortress on top of that bloody cliff
这是该死的峭壁
Then you’ve got the bloody cliff overhang.
你连山洞都看不到 更别提该死的大炮了
You can’t even see the bloody cave,let alone the guns
何况
And anyway,
我们没有足够炸♥药♥去炸掉它
we haven’t got a bloody bomb big enough to smash that bloody rock.
这就是事实
And that’s the bloody truth, sir.
我知道怎对付那些大炮
I know how to hit those guns
是吗
Yes?
是的 长官
Yes, sir
驾飞机载满TNT飞进去
You fill a plane full of TNT
作自杀式攻击 直接从那山洞进去
and then you do a suicide dive right into that cave.
只是有一个问题
There’s just one problem, sir
得找个人驾驶
Getting someone to pilot the plane.
我明白 或许你会考虑吧
I see. Perhaps you might consider it yourself.
谢谢你们
Thank you, squadron leader,and all of you.
我知道你们已尽力
know you’ve done your best,and nobody could have done more.
打扰了
And I’m sorry
正如你可能已经猜到
As you’ve probably surmised,
我就是他们要从1♥0♥0♥0♥0♥英尺推出空中的人
I’m the joker they’d heave out at 10,000 feet.
而且我不能责备他们
And I can’t say I blame them
我知道这事从一开始就没希望 但也得试
I knew it was hopeless from the start,but it had to be tried.
所以才会把你从克里特岛叫来
Anyway, this is why you were hauled out of Crete
不要放弃这个 好吗
And don’t mislay this, will you?
不会
No, sir.
我们时间不多 走吧
We’re pressed for time.Let’s go, gentlemen, shall we?
-有问题吗 -只有一个
-Any questions?-Only one.
为什么要我去
Why me?
你所需要的只是个航海驾驶员
What you want is a seagoing taxi driver.
还有很多人比我对这个水域很熟悉
Other men know these waters as well as I do.
你有特别的长处
Yes, but you’ve got special qualifications
富兰克林会解释 这是他的主意
Franklin’ll explain it.It’s his idea, anyway.
首先 你会说德语和希腊语
First, you speak Greek and German.
另外 你曾在被占领区生活过一年半
Second, you’ve kept alive in occupied territory for a year and a half.
在战前你是最好的攀爬专家
And before the war, you were the greatest mountain climber in the world.
基思·马洛里 苍蝇人是你的绰号♥
“Keith Mallory, the human fly.”
快点讲重点 罗伊
Come to the point, Roy.
纳瓦隆的抵抗军说
The point is that our Resistance contacts on Navarone.
只有一个地方德军没守卫
.say there’s only one spot on the coast the Germans don’t watch
是南崖 高四百尺
The South Cliff.It’s 400 feet straight up
人畜难登
and it can’t be climbed by man or beast.
就因为这个才叫你来
And that’s where you come in.
这也是你想出来的
That was your idea too?

That’s right.
我想你把我和我的人带上崖去
I want you to get me and my team over there and on top of that cliff.
然后
When you’ve done that,
你就可休假和升官了
you can take a richly deserved leave and a long-overdue promotion
原来如此
I see.
你可以吗
Can you do it?
不行
No.
恕我直言 我认为行动是非常不明智的
With all due respect,I think the operation is insane.
但那与我没关系
But that’s not my business.
我已五年没爬山
My business is to climb and I haven’t climbed in five years.
恐怕大不如前
That’s a long time
不能爬此崖
It’s too long for this cliff
而且你要我在晚上去
And you’re asking me to do it at night.
在白天我也不会试
I wouldn’t try it in broad daylight.
那我要自己去了
I’ll have a go myself, then.I’ve climbed a bit.
别发傻 你和你的小队会全军覆没的
Don’t be a fool. You’d get yourself killed and your team along with you.
-那取消吗 -不
-Then it’s scrubbed? -No, it’s not scrubbed!
不能取消
It can’t be.
不是现在
Not now.
马洛里
Mallory
这是我们最后的希望了
this is our last hope.
德军想不到会有一小队人进去
The Germans won’t expect a team of saboteurs at this late date.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!