So long, Don. – So long.
弯下腰来
Bend down.
这是什么?- 看起来像是威士忌
What’s this? – That? Whiskey, isn’t it?
这东西怎么会在这?- 我也不知道
How did it get there? – I don’t know.
难不成这瓶酒是从天上掉下来
Dropped from some cloud?
或是有人故意把它吊在这里
Someone was bouncing it against this wall and it stuck there?
我想一定是我放的 – 一定是这样 没错
I guess I must have put it there. – Yes, you must.
但我不记得是什么时候
But I don’t remember when.
大概是上次犯酒瘾的时候放的
Probably during my last spell,
或者是更上一次 我也不知道
maybe the one before. I don’t know.
别那样看着我 这不代表任何意义
Don’t look at me like that. It doesn’t mean a thing.
我根本不知道有酒在那里
I didn’t know it was there.
就算知道 我也不会去碰它
Even if I had, I wouldn’t have touched it.
那你一定不会介意我这么做 – 你要做什么?
Then you won’t mind. – Mind what?
你现在赶快跟海伦出门吧
Now, you trot along with Helen.
为什么?就为了那瓶酒?
Why? Because of that?
你认为我是为了那瓶酒 才希望你离开的?
You think I wanted you out of the apartment because of the bottle?
你太伤我的心了
I resent that like the devil!
你敢再这样质疑我
If there’s one more word of discussion,
我们周末的假期就取消算了
I don’t leave on your blasted weekend!
我们走吧
Let’s go, Wick.
你会乖乖的 对不对 亲爱的
You’ll be good, won’t you, Don, darling?
对 你能不能别再这样紧迫盯人
Yes, Helen. Will you stop watching me all the time, you two?
让我用自己的方法来解决问题
Let me work it out my way.
我已经很努力在尝试了
I’m trying. I’m trying!
我们知道你很努力在做 我们也是一样
I know you’re trying, Don. We’re both trying.
你在努力戒酒
You’re trying not to drink…
我在努力试着不去爱你
and I’m trying not to love you.
打个电♥话♥给农场
Call the farm, Don,
跟他们说 我们改成六点三十分到
and tell them we’re taking the 6:30.
我会的
Sure.
再见
So long.
走吧 他不会有事的
Come on, Helen. He’ll be all right.
要是他又跑出去买♥♥酒怎么办?
What if he goes out and buys another bottle?
他身上又没钱
With what? He hasn’t a nickel.
而且也不会有酒吧或商店
There isn’t a store or a bar
愿意让他赊帐
that’ll give him five cents’ worth of credit.
你确定他没有另一瓶酒藏在别处
Are you sure he doesn’t have another bottle hidden?
没有
Not anymore.
我把公♥寓♥里他能藏酒的
I went over the apartment with a fine-toothed comb.
每一寸地方都搜过了
The places he can figure out.
是谁?是谁啊?
Who is it? Who is it?
是佛利太太 我是来打扫的
Mrs. Foley, come to clean up.
你一定得今天扫吗?
Well, not today. Does it have to be today?
我今天要换床单 还得吸地
I ought to change the sheets, and it’s my day to vacuum.
你星期一再来吧 – 好吧 柏南先生
Come on Monday. – All right, Mr. Birnam.
请问你弟弟在吗? – 不 他不在
Is your brother in? – No, he isn’t.
那我的薪水呢?他没有留钱给我吗?
What about my money? Didn’t he leave my money?
什么钱?- 我的十元薪水 他没有留给我吗?
What money? – My ten dollars. Didn’t he leave it?
或许有吧 他平常都把钱留在哪?- 在厨房♥
Probably. And where would he leave it? – In the kitchen.
厨房♥的哪里?- 糖罐子里面
Where in the kitchen? – In the sugar bowl.
你等等
Just a minute.
对不起 我没有找到 他一定是忘了
I’m sorry, Mrs. Foley. It isn’t there. He must have forgotten.
真讨厌 我本来想拿 那些钱去添购点东西的
Oh, putt! I wanted to do some shopping.
你星期一来的时候就会有了 – 好吧 柏南先生
You’ll get it Monday. – All right, Mr. Birnam.
给我两瓶稞麦酒 – 很抱歉 柏南先生
Two bottles of rye. – I’m sorry, Mr. Birnam.
你在抱歉什么? – 你弟弟之前来过
What are you sorry about? – Your brother was in.
他不会再帮你结账了
He said he’s not gonna pay for you anymore.
上次已经是最后一次
That was the last time.
给我两瓶稞麦酒 – 你要什么牌的?
Two bottles of rye. – What brand?
你明知故问 最便宜的
You know what brand, Mr. Brophy. The cheapest.
我才不要什么十二年的陈年美酒
None of that 12-year-old, aged-in-the-wood chichi. Not for me.
反正酒就是酒 – 你要袋子吗?
Liquor’s all one anyWay. – You want a bag?
是的 我当然要袋子
Yes, I want a bag.
你弟弟说 就算你有钱
Your brother said not to sell you anything
也要我别卖♥♥酒给你
even if you did have the money.
但我不能阻止任何人买♥♥酒 除非他们未成年
But I can’t stop anybody, can I? Not unless you’re a minor.
我已经成年了 如果这样说能令你好过一点
I’m not a minor. And just to ease your conscience…
我买♥♥这些酒是为了装在打火机里面的
I’m buying this to refill my cigarette lighter.
是的 先生
Yes, sir?
谢谢
Thank you.
午安 戴文瑞区太太 – 哈啰 柏南先生
Good afternoon, Mrs… Deveridge. – Hello, Mr. Birnam.
他就是我跟你说过那位有酗酒问题的房♥客
That’s the nice young man who drinks.
我的挚友奈特今天过得如何?
How is my very good friend Nat today?
有事吗 柏南先生?- 这是个如此美好的午后
Yes, Mr. Birnam? – This being an especially fine afternoon…
我决定向你求婚
I have decided to ask for your hand in marriage.
你听好 柏南先生
Look, Mr. Birnam…
看来答案是否定的
If that’s your attitude, Nat,
那我只好点一杯科麦酒来借口酒浇愁了
I’ll have to drown my sorrows in a jigger of rye.
只要一杯 一杯就好 – 不行
Just one, that’s all. – Can’t be done, Mr. Birnam.
不行?让我来猜猜看为什么
It can’t? Let me guess why.
我弟弟来打听过我的债务状况了 是吗?
My brother was here, undermining my financial structure.
我没有告诉他手表和袖扣的事
I didn’t tell him about the wristwatch you left, or your cuff links.
真谢谢你 奈特
Thank you very much, Nat.
你会很高兴知道 我们今天将以现金交易
Today you’ll be glad to know we can barter on a cash basis.
纯稞麦酒一杯 – 就是这样
One straight rye. – That was the idea.
别擦掉它
Don’t wipe it away, Nat.
让我保有我邪恶的小圆圈
Let me have my little vicious circle.
知道吗 圆圈是最完美的几何图形
You know, the circle is the perfect geometric figure.
没有开始 没有结束
No end, no beginning.
现在几点了? – 三点四十五分
What time is it? – Quarter of 4:00.
很好 我们有整个下午的时间
Good. We have the whole afternoon together.
五点四十五分的时候 麻烦务必知会我一声
Let me know when it’s a quarter of 6:00. It’s very important.
我要跟我老弟出发去乡下渡周末
I’m going to the country for a weekend with my brother.
哈啰 柏南先生 很高兴看到你回来
Hello, Mr. Birnam. Happy to have you back with the organization.
哈啰 葛萝丽亚 真希望我能带你一起去 奈特
Hello, Gloria. I wish I could take you along, Nat.
你 还有你的酒吧
You and all that goes with you…
不过 我已经准备好要长♥期♥抗战了
not that I’m cutting myself off from civilization altogether.
现在我们所面对的问题是
Now, of course, there arises the problem
要如何把它们运到乡下去
of transportation into the country.
要怎样才能不被那些皇家禁卫军识破我的走私计划
How to smuggle these two time bombs past the Royal Guard.
我会先把一瓶酒捲入周六晚报中
I’ll roll one bottle in a copy of the Saturday Evening Post…
这样我弟弟就能轻而易举的找到它
so my brother can discover it like that.
这也是我所希望的 因为这样就能解除他的心防
And I want him to discover it because it’ll set his mind at ease.
至于第二瓶 靠过来一点
The other bottle? Come here.
我会把它塞入我弟弟的皮箱中
That one I’m tucking into my brother’s suitcase.
这样他就会毫无所知的乖乖帮我把它拎去
He shall transport it himself without knowing it, of course.
等到他忙着跟农场的人打招呼时
Then while he’s greeting the caretaker…
我再把它取出来 藏在老苹果树的洞里
I’ll slide it out and hide it in a hollow of the old apple tree.
柏南先生 你为什么不干脆戒酒一阵子算了
Mr. Birnam, why don’t you lay off the stuff for a while?
其实我在那里时 或许一滴酒都不去碰它
I may never touch it while I’m there, not a drop.
你们所不了解的是
What you don’t understand, all of you,
我必须随时要有酒在身边
is I’ve got to know it’s around…
我不能被完全切断
that I can have it if I need it; I can’t be cut off completely.
这才是最恐怖的一点 那样我会发疯的
That’s the devil. That’s what drives you crazy.
是啊 我认识很多这样说的傢伙
Yeah, I know. I know a lot of guys like that.
他们会买♥♥一瓶酒放在柜子上
They take a bottle and put it on a shelf.
他们只想看着它
All they wanna do is just look at it.
为了考验定力 他们会把酒瓶打开
They don’t even take a corkscrew along, just to make sure.
然后突然之间 他们就抓起瓶 一饮而尽
Then all of the sudden, they grab the bottle, bite off the neck.
你再说这样扫兴的话
Nat, one more reproving word,
我就要找律师跟你离婚了
and I shall consult our lawyer about a divorce.
别忘了 五点四十五分提醒我
Don’t forget, quarter of 6.00.
我要打好行李 乖乖的在家 迎接我老弟
My brother must find me home ready and packed.
能赏脸跳只舞吗?
Shall we dance?
柏南先生 你真是英俊潇舩
You’re awfully pretty, Mr. Birnam.
我看你一定跟所有男士都这么说
I bet you tell that to all the boys.
那是当然的 不过只有跟你说时才是实话
Why, natch. Only with you, it’s on the level.
请坐 – 不了 谢谢
Sit down. – No, thanks.
我心领了 不过还是谢了 还有人在等我呢
Thanks a lot, but no, thanks. There’s somebody waiting.
就他吗?看起来一脸呆相