我父亲那时是个农民
Well, my dad was a farmer.
和当时其他人一样
Um, like everybody else back then.
当然他并非生来就是农民
Of course, he didn’t start that way.
电脑显示你的身体承受不了
Computer says you’re too tight.
-不 我能搞定 -正飞过海峡
– Nah, I got this. – Crossing the straits.
-快熄火 库珀 -不
– Shutting it down, Cooper. – No!
-关闭所有动力 -不 得加大马力
– Shutting it all down. – No, I need power up!
爸爸
Dad?
抱歉 墨芙 回去睡觉吧 亲爱的
Sorry, Murph. Go back to bed. Babe.
-我以为你就是幽灵 -不是
– I thought you were the ghost. – No.
没有什么鬼魂 亲爱的
There are no such things as ghosts, babe.
外公说你能找到幽灵
Grandpa says you can get ghosts.
那是因为他马上就要变成幽灵了
Maybe that’s because Grandpa’s a little too close to being one himself.
去睡吧
Back to bed.
你又梦到那次事故了吗
Were you dreaming about the crash?
睡你的觉去 墨芙
Get your butt back in bed, Murph.
小麦死光了
The wheat had died.
枯萎病来袭 我们只能全烧掉
The blight came and we had to burn it.
不过还有玉米 大♥片♥大♥片♥的玉米
And we still had corn. We had acres of corn.
但最常见的还是沙暴
But, uh, mostly we had dust.
我也没法形容 就是一直刮
I guess I can’t describe it. It was just constant.
风沙一刻也不停
Just that steady blow of dirt.
我们都拿一块布
We wore, um, little strips of sheet…
遮住口鼻
sometimes over our nose and mouth…
这样才不会吸入太多沙尘
so that we wouldn’t breathe so much of it.
布置餐桌的时候 盘子都要倒扣着放
When we set the table, we always set the plate upside-down.
杯盘碗碟 都得倒扣在桌上
Glasses or cups, whatever it was upside-down.
动作快点 墨芙 赶紧过来
Shake a leg! Murph, get a move on!
四点来谷仓 我给你讲讲抗除草剂是怎么回事
4:00 today, you and me in the barn, Herbicide Resistance 101.
-听到没 -好的 爸爸
– Check? – Yes, sir.
别拿到餐桌上玩 墨芙
Not at the table, Murph.
爸爸 你能修好它吗
Dad, can you fix this?
你把我的登陆舱怎么了
What the heck did you do to my lander?
不是我
Wasn’t me.
我猜猜 是你的幽灵做的
Let me guess. It was your ghost?
它把它从书架上震下来了 还有好些书也是
It knocked it off my shelf. It keeps knocking books off.
根本没有什么幽灵 蠢货
No such thing as ghosts, dumb-ass.
我查了字典 那应该叫淘气鬼
I looked it up. It’s called a poltergeist.
爸 告诉她吧
Dad, tell her.
这样说可不太科学 墨芙
Well, it’s not very scientific, Murph.
你说过科学就是承认存在未知的事物
You said science was about admitting what we don’t know.
将住你了
She’s got you there.
别老弄坏东西了
Start looking after our stuff.
库珀
Coop.
好吧 墨芙 说到科学
All right, Murph, you want to talk science?
光说自己怕幽灵并不够
Don’t just tell me that you’re afraid of some ghost.
不 你得继续深挖
No, you got to go further.
记录下所发生的事情
You got to record the facts,
进行分♥析♥ 了解它发生的原因和方法
analyze, get to the how and the why…
然后总结出结论 好吗
then present your conclusions. Deal?
-好 -好的
– Deal. – All right.
-今天好好上学 -等等
– Have a good day at school. – Hold up.
今天有个家长会 是家长
Parent-teacher conferences. Parent.
可不是家长的家长
Not grandparent.
别激动 快车手
Slow down, turbo!
-那不是沙暴吧 -是尼尔森在烧庄稼
– That’s not a dust storm. – Nelson’s torching his whole crop.
枯萎病
Blight?
他们说这是最后一季秋葵了
They’re saying it’s the last harvest for okra.
再也没有了
Ever.
他早就该像我们一样种玉米
He should’ve planted corn like the rest of us.
对汉莉小姐好点 她还是单身
Now, be nice to that Miss Hanley. She’s single.
什么意思
What’s that supposed to mean?
振兴人类 你也出出力吧 小伙子
Repopulating the earth. Start pulling your weight, young man.
别多管闲事了 老人家
Why don’t you start minding your own business, old man?
好了 墨芙 换二档
All right, Murph, give me second.
三档
Third.
-推到地方啊 蠢货 -多转几圈
– Find the gear, dumb-ass. – Grind it!
闭嘴 汤姆
Shut it, Tom!
-你干了什么 墨芙 -不是她
– What’d you do, Murph? – Ah, she didn’t do nothing.
-爆胎了而已 -墨菲定律
– Blew a tire is all. – Murphy’s Law.
闭嘴
Shut up!
-去拿备胎 汤姆 -这就是备胎
– Grab the spare, Tom. – That is the spare.
把补胎的工具箱拿来
Get the patch kit!
这荒郊野外的怎么补胎
How am I supposed to patch it out here?
你会想出办法的
You got to figure it out.
我不可能帮你一辈子
I’m not always gonna be here to help you.
怎么了 墨芙
What’s going on, Murph?
为什么你和妈妈要给我起这种不好的名字
Why did you and Mom name me after something that’s bad?
哪儿不好了
We didn’t.
墨菲定律
Murphy’s Law?
墨菲定律并不是说坏事一定会发生
Murphy’s Law doesn’t mean that something bad will happen.
而是可以发生的事总会发生
What it means is whatever can happen will happen.
这听起来没什么不好
And that sounded just fine with us.
上车
Get in.
上车 出发
Get in, let’s go.
这轮胎怎么办
What about the flat tire?
是印度空军的无人机
It’s an Indian Air Force drone.
装载的太阳能电池能给整个农场供电
Solar cells could power an entire farm.
你来开 汤姆
Take the wheel, Tom.
快快快
Go, go, go!
用这个对准它
Keep that aimed right at it.
加速 汤姆 快跟丢了
Faster, Tom. I’m losing it.
对准它
Right at it.
稳住
Stay on it.
就快搞定了
Here we go.
漂亮 汤姆
Nice one, Tom.

Dad?
马上就好 别停 别停
I almost got it. Don’t stop. Don’t stop!

Dad!
汤姆
Tom!
你让我别停的
You told me to keep driving.
这就是俗话说的
Well, I guess that answers
“让你开下悬崖你也开啊”
the old “if I asked you to drive off a cliff” scenario.
-我们跟丢了 -并没有
– We lost it. – No, we didn’t.
想来试试吗
Want to give it a whirl?
这样
This way.
飞吧
Go.
让她稳稳地在水库边着陆
Let’s lay her down right there at the edge of the reservoir.
好样的
Nicely done.
你觉得它飞了多久了
How long you think it’s been up there?
印度的航♥天♥指挥中心和我们的一样
Delhi Mission Control went down, same as ours,
十年前就停用了
ten years ago.
它都飞了十年了吗
So for ten years?
-为什么会飞得这么低 -不知道
– Why did it come down so low? – I don’t know.
要么被太阳烤傻了 要么就是在找什么东西
Maybe the sun cooked its brain or it was looking for something.
-什么 -大号♥螺丝刀给我
– What? – Give me a large flatblade.
可能是寻找某种信♥号♥♥ 我也不清楚
Maybe some kind of signal? I don’t know.
你准备拿它怎么办
What are you gonna do with it?
让它承担一些社会责任
I’m gonna give it something socially responsible to do,
给联合收割机供电之类的
like drive a combine.
放了它不行吗
Can’t we just let it go?
它又没伤到谁
It wasn’t hurting anybody.
它得学着适应这个世界 墨芙
This thing needs to learn how to adapt, Murph,
就像我们一样
like the rest of us.
家长会怎么开 你俩都要来吗
How’s this work? You guys come with?
我还有课
I’ve got class.
这个小家伙就得等着了
This one needs to wait.
-你做啥坏事了 -他们会告诉你的
– What did you do? – They’ll tell you about it when you got in there.
-会让我发飙吗 -肯定不是对我
– Am I gonna be mad? – Not with me.
-不过尽量不要发火 -别紧张
– Just please try not to. – Hey. Relax.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!