What time you got?
你的手表几点了?
Well, 6.13.
六点十三分
You’re responsible for my daughter for the next five hours and seven minutes.
接下来的五小时零七分钟你得对我女儿负责
Yes, sir, Mr Trant. You don’t have a thing to worry about.
是的,特兰特先生,你不需要担心
Then neither will you.
那你也不需要担心了
Have a nice time.
玩的开心点
She’ll be fine.
她不会有事的
I remember his father at his age. What?
我记得他父亲这个年纪时的样子 什么?
I said I remember his father at his age.
我说我记得他父亲这个年纪时的样子
Mama, do I have to wear a skirt?
妈妈,我真需要穿衬衫吗?
Uhhuh. Who’s so important?
恩 谁这么重要?
Young lady, when your mama tells you to do something, you don’t ask her reasons.
小姐,当妈妈告诉你做某件事时,你不需要去问原因
You smell good. You mean I don’t stink any more?
你闻上去好多了 你是说我不再散发臭味了吧
They’re here.
他们来了
Boys, come back here! I warned you what would happen if you two didn’t behave.
孩子们,回来!如果不听话知道会发生什么吗
Them two is as mean as snakes.
他们俩太淘气了
You haven’t changed a bit.
你一点也没变
Neither have you.
你也一样
Come here to me, girl.
过来,孩子
You was in this shape last time I saw you.
上次见面时你也是这个身型
I know. Matt, don’t you know what causes this?
我知道 马特,这是怎么回事?
Well… He’s after that boy he’s always wanted.
这个… 他一直想要个男孩
If you wanted a boy, you never should have thrown me over for Abi.
如果你想要男孩,就不应该甩了我去找阿比
Court, come here! Let Matt and Abi look at you.
考特,过来!让马特和阿比看看你
They ain’t seen you since you was in diapers.
他们上次看见你时你还穿着尿布呢
Those two heathens over yonder, those are my last efforts. Rob, say hello.
那两个小子是我最后的成果,罗布,来问个好
Dennis, quit scratchin’ yourself.
丹尼斯,不许乱抓
This is Danielle. We call her Dani. And that little bundle’s Missy. Rules the roost.
这是丹妮尔,我们叫她丹尼,小的叫米西,家里的小皇帝
Sure she does. Kids turned out a lot prettier than you, Matt.
她就该是,孩子们比你漂亮多了,马特
Now, are you really that shy, or are you just puttin’ on?
你真这么害羞吗,还是在演戏?
Court, come on down here. Quit moseyin’.
考特,过来这里,别慢悠悠的
Hello, Court. Mr Trant.
你好,考特 特兰特先生
Ma’am. Those are some finelookin’ boys, Marie.
女士们 男孩子们都很帅,玛丽
I hope to tell you. Court, tie those two to a tree.
我会跟你好好聊聊,考特,把那两个绑在树上
Well… Look at that corn. I ain’t got a thing in the ground.
看看那些玉米,我还什么都没种呢
Well, it’s corn, but it’s short. No ears on that corn.
那些玉米还没长高呢 还没长出穗子
This corn’s storebought. I’m so hungry I’d eat the kids!
这玉米是商店买♥♥的 我饿得能把孩子吃了!
I think it might be about ready. Oh, good.
差不多可以吃饭了 太好了
Where’s Maureen? Gone to a dance.
莫琳在哪? 去舞会了
With Will Sanders’ son. Will Sanders? What’s he up to?
和比利·桑德斯的儿子 比利·桑德斯?他现在在干嘛?
Runnin’ a new shirt factory. And his big mouth, as usual.
经营一家衬衫厂 还是象以前一样大嘴巴
Billy!
比利!
Billy!
比利!
Damn boy’s deaf.
这孩子聋了吗
Billy!
比利!
Hey-hey, Billy!
嘿嘿,比利!
Hey, boy. My God, Billy, you got yourself one pretty little woman today.
嘿,我的上帝,比利,你今天带来的女伴真漂亮
I hope he didn’t drive too fast.
我希望他开车没有太快
We’re glad you could join us, aren’t we?
我们很高兴你来参加,是不是?
Maureen, it’s so nice to see you.
莫琳,很高兴见到你
Thank you for inviting me. You’re a sight for this old boy’s eyes.
谢谢邀请 对老男孩们来说你真是道风景线
I can’t see how Billy got so lucky. Come in. Let’s find ourselves somethin’ to drink.
真不敢相信比利有多幸运,进来吧,喝点饮料
Let’s grab some food, then we’ll jump in the car by ourselves.
我们拿点食物就开车离开这吧
I got dressed up to go to a dance, and that’s what I’ll do.
我盛装过来是参加舞会的
You wanna go off, you can go by yourself.
你要想去就自己去吧
Don’t hit me! Don’t hit me.
别打我!别打我
Boys, I want you to stay in the yard where I can see you. And no tree-climbin’.
孩子们,我要你们呆在我能看到的地方,不许爬树
What goes up must come down.
世事有起有落
I remember that much from school.
我还记得学校里那些
14 years?
十四年了?
Has it really been that long? Mmhm.
真的这么久了吗? 恩
I had Dani about a month after y’all moved off.
你们搬走时我才怀了丹尼一个月
We were really sorry to hear about Beau.
关于博的事我们很难过
I always knew the damn pipeline would kill him.
我早就知道输油管会要了他的命
Only I thought it would be a little at a time, you know?
只是我以为每次的可能性会很小
Anyway, it seemed like the best thing for the boys and me
不管怎么样,对我和孩子们来说最好的事
was to come back here to the farm.
就是回来农庄
You can always get some sorta livin’ outta good land.
有块好土地总能过活的
That’s it.
就是这样
Ever wondered what would’ve happened
如果二十年前马特和博…
if Matt and Beau hadn’t switched partners at that dance 20 years ago?
不交换舞伴的话,不知道会发生什么?
I wondered.
我也想知道
But, hell, honey, you had a crush on Matt from the time you was 12 years old.
不过,亲爱的,你十二岁时就迷上了马特
13.
十三岁
He was 17 years old. He didn’t know I was alive.
他当时十七岁,还不知道我的存在
I thought I’d have to paint myself red and set off dynamite to get his attention.
我想只能把全身涂成红色再引爆♥炸♥药,才能引起他的主意
Well… you got him.
你得到他了
Yeah. I did.
是的
Mama, this thing ain’t workin’.
妈妈,这个用不起来
What’s wrong with it? I don’t know.
怎么了? 我不知道
You need some more salt. Well, we’re outta salt.
需要多加些盐 我们没盐了
Matt, we need some more rock salt. Daddy, I’ll go with you.
马特,我们需要些石盐 爸爸,我和你去
Court, could you run into town for me? Sure.
考特,你能为我去一下吗? 当然
Dani’ll show you where.
丹尼会给你指路的
Dani?
丹尼?
Come on.
来吧
You don’t have to come. I can find the store by myself.
你不用跟来,我能找到商店
It’s an awful big town.
镇上很大的
Are you in the habit of goin’ where you’re not wanted?
你总习惯于去不想去的地方吗?
You always ugly to people you just met, or are you practisin’ to be a horse’s butt?
你总对刚遇到的人无礼吗,或者只是在练习做个马屁♥股♥?
Little girls shouldn’t talk nasty. I’m not a little girl. I’m 14.
小女生不应该说脏话 我不小,都十四了
My goodness. You’re not much older.
天啊 你也大不了多少
16? I’m 17.
十六? 我十七了
My goodness.
天啊
You never give an inch, do you?
你总是寸土不让吗?
No.
是的
Good. I like that. Well, are you comin’?
我喜欢这样,一起来吗?
Hey, wait!
嘿,等一下!
Thanks.
谢谢
Hey, what is that?
这是什么?
Billy tells me you’re leavin’ for Duke in a couple of weeks.
比利说你还有几周就要去上杜克大学了
That’s right.
是的
I get up to Raleigh-Durham once or twice a month on business.
我每个月都会去一到两次罗利达勒姆公干
That’s nice. I’ll have look you up, show you around.
那不错 到时来看看你,带你出去兜兜
Well, I imagine they’ll keep me pretty busy studyin’.
我想学业会很忙的
I understand freshmen really have to hit the books at Duke.
新生在杜克必须得埋头读书
Now, you can’t study all the time. Everybody has to have a little fun.
你不能整天读书,每个人都该玩一玩
I want you to understand I know college can be a drain on the family’s finances.
我想你得知道读大学会花光家里的钱
There’s no need for a pretty girl like you to go without anything.
象你这样漂亮的姑娘不应该一无所有
Things get a little tight, I’ll be there.
这事挺麻烦的,不过有我
I just want you to know that.
我只是想让你知道这个
Thank you. I’ll manage just fine.
谢谢,我会想办法的
You won’t mind if I borrow my date… for a while… will you?
不介意借用一下我的舞伴吧?
Not at all. Not at all. It’s a pleasure.
完全不,很乐意
Pleasure.
很乐意
Sorry about my old man.
别理我爸
Let’s just get out of here now.
我们离开这吧
Billy.
比利
Billy, stop it! I mean it!
比利,快停下!不开玩笑!
What is it with you, Maureen? You said you wanted to leave the dance, we did.
你怎么了,莫琳?你说想离开舞会,我们离开了
I thought you wanted us to be alone. I wanted to get away.
我以为你想我们独处 我是想离开
I was tired of being manhandled. Can’t you just hold me a little, Billy?
我不喜欢被粗鲁对待,你就不能对我控制些吗,比利?
I don’t think so, Maureen. I don’t think anybody could just hold you a little.
我不这么认为,莫琳,我不觉得谁面对你能控制的住
What do you want? I don’t know.
你想要怎样? 我不知道
I don’t know either, and it’s botherin’ me. Me too.
我也不知道,我好困扰 我也是
I can’t take it any more.
我再也不能忍♥受了
I can’t either.
我也是
Do you feel there’s something missing? Something you’ve waited for all your life
你不觉得缺了点什么吗?你毕生在等待的东西
and you wonder if you’ll ever have it? I’m feelin’ like that right now.
你不知道是不是曾经拥有过? 我现在感觉到它了
I think love should be so beautiful.
我觉得爱情应该是美妙的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!