Get on up to my house. Mind me, now. I’ll get me a switch.
不许伤了她 -伤她? 不过是让她洗个澡
Don’t you hurt her. – Hurt her? Wash her’s more like it!
卢比 克莱瑞 玛丽 -是 库珀太太
Ruby! Clary! Mary! – Yes, Miss Cooper.
把你们的篮子拿来
Bring your baskets.
捡的好 克莱瑞
Nicely picked, Clary.
玛丽 把大个的放上面
Mary, put the big ones on top.
卢比 这些大多数都不能拿去卖♥♥
Ruby, most of them ain’t fit to go to market.
把它们放下
Put them down.
卢比 快去房♥里拿个浴盆出来 放在水泵旁边
Ruby, run to the house and fetch the tub and put it by the pump.
克莱瑞…玛丽 快去拿一条洗衣服的肥皂
Clary… Mary, run up and fetch a bar of laundry soap.
是的库珀太太
Yes, Miss Cooper.
还有一个洗澡刷 到房♥子那边去 孩子们
And a scrub brush! Come on up to the house, children.
上帝啊 你们要是干净点就好了
Gracious, if you ain’t a sight to beat all!
你们是从哪儿来?
Where you from?
你们的家人呢?
Where are your folks?
别不说话啊?
Come on, speak up, now.
上帝啊 我又多了两个小家伙要养活了
Gracious, so I’ve got two more mouths to feed.
您好 库珀太太 我的牛奶呢?
Howdy, Miss Cooper. What happened to my milk?
牛奶的价格多贵啊 你就别想了
Price of milk what it is, not on your life.
最好是把奶油做成黄油 然后拿去卖♥♥了
Do better making butter with the cream. Sell it retail.
再给孩子们做点干奶酪 剩下的喂猪
Make smearcase for the children, feed what’s left to my hogs.
她一直自言自语 -她总这样
She talks to herself. – All the time.
你妈妈很有趣 -她不是我们妈妈 只是住在一起而已
Your ma’s funny. – She ain’t our ma. We just live with her.
你们的家人呢? -不知道在哪个地方
Where are your folks? – Someplace.
我爸爸在底特律
My daddy’s in Detroit.
玛丽
Mary!
亲爱的 早上好 库珀太太
Honey. Good morning, Miss Cooper.
我正在存钱给你买♥♥个手镯
I’m saving up to buy you a bracelet.
那不要紧 别忘了星期天来探访 并跟我们一起去教堂
Never mind that, don’t forget your visit this Sunday and come to church with us.
星期天见 亲爱的
See you Sunday, love.
带着你们的篮子进来 孩子们
Take your baskets in, children.
女人真是笨
Women is fools.
全是的
All of ’em.
看那儿
Looky there.
她一定会在满月的夜晚被一个甜言蜜语的家伙说服的
She’ll be losing her mind to a tricky mouth and a full moon,
而我却要承受这一切的后果
and like as not, I’ll be saddled with the consequences.
这是你欠我的钱
Here’s what you owe me.
一 二 三 四 五…
One, two, three, four, five…
另一个篮子呢? 卢比去哪儿了?
Where’s the other basket? Where’s Ruby?
她出去了
She went.
约翰 你去找卢比
John, you go find Ruby.
大卢比是最令我头疼的女孩子了 收集鸡蛋都会砸坏它们
Big Ruby’s my bothersome girl. She can’t gather eggs without bustin’ ’em.
但她对孩子们就像母亲一样 你又能说什么呢?
But she’s got mother hands with the young ‘uns, so what are you to say?
今晚怎么样 卢比?
How about tonight, Ruby?
怎么了? -老太太在附近
What gives? – The old lady’s around.
星期四怎么样?
How about Thursday?
那个老女人以为她星期四来上缝纫课
The old gal thinks she comes in for sewing lessons on Thursday.
库珀太太找你
Miss Cooper wants you.
你想让我看看你的洋娃娃吗 小姑娘?
And will you show me your dolly, little lady?
你家里又多了两个小家伙了
I see you got two more peeps to your brood.
是的 比其它的孩子爱吵 -你的孩子呢 库珀太太?
Yeah, and ornerier than the rest. – How’s your own boy, Miss Cooper?
从上个圣诞节后就没从他那儿听到消息
Haven’t heard from Ralph since last Christmas.
但我还是迎来了丰收
Still, I’ve got a new crop.
我就像一棵茂盛的树 带着一窝小鸟
I’m a strong tree with branches for many birds.
我知道我对这个世界是有帮助的 我很骄傲
I’m good for something in this old world, and I know it too.
法老王是埃及的国王
Now, old Pharaoh, he was king of Egypt land,
他有一个女儿
and he had a daughter.
有一次
And once upon a time,
她在河边漫步
she was walking along by the river bank
她看见有个东西在冲击着河岸
and she seen something bumping and scraping along on a sand bar
就在柳树下 你们知道是什么吗 孩子们?
down under the willows. And you know what it was, children?

No.
是一艘小船 被冲上了河岸
Now, it was a skiff, washed up on the bar.
你们猜是谁在上面?
And who do you reckon was in it?
珀尔和约翰
Pearl and John.
这次不是了 只有一个孩子 一个男婴
Not this time. There was only one young ‘un, a little boy babe.
你们知道他是谁吗 孩子们? -不知道
And you know who he was, children? – No.
是摩西 人类的王
It was Moses. A king of men.
摩西 孩子们
Moses, children.
好了 你们该睡觉去了
Now, off to bed with you.
约翰 给我拿个苹果
John, get me an apple.
也给你自己拿一个
And get one for yourself too.
约翰 你的家人呢?
John, where are your folks?
死了
Dead.
他们在哪里?
Where are you from?
河的上游
Upriver.
我想不通你是怎么从 珀珂斯勃格一路划船过来的
I didn’t figure you’d rowed that skiff all the way up from Parkersburg.
再跟我说一遍那个故事
Tell me that story again.
故事? 什么故事 亲爱的?
Story? What story, honey?
关于国王们的故事
About them kings.
还有王后在河岸上发现小船
And the queen found down on the sand bar that time in the skiff.
国王们? 不对 只有一个国王啊 亲爱的
Kings? Why, there was only one king, honey.
我记得你说有两个
I mind you said there was two.
哦 瞧我这记性 也许我说过
Well, shoot now. Maybe there was.
是的 想想看 真是两个
Yes, come to think of it, there was two.
今天一定是星期四 卢比来了
Must be Thursday. Here comes Ruby.
我来了
Here I go.
嗨 你是卢比 对吧?
Why, you’re Ruby, ain’t you, my child?
我可以拿吗?
Can I have this?
当然可以 我想和你谈谈 亲爱的
Surely. I’d like to talk to you, my dear.
你愿意给我买♥♥一个冰淇淋吗? -当然愿意
Will you buy me an ice cream? – Of course.
小心点 牧师 -嗨 牧师
Watch out, Preacher. – Why, Preacher!
闭上你们的脏嘴
Shut your dirty mouths.
我漂亮吗?
Ain’t I pretty?
你是我见过最漂亮的女人
Why, you’re the prettiest thing I ever seen in all my wandering.
难道以前没有人这么告诉过你吗 卢比?
Ain’t nobody never told you that, Ruby?
没有 从没有
No, no one never did.
有两个新人加入了你们家 对吗?
There’s two new ones out your place, ain’t there?

Uhhuh.
他们叫什么名字? -珀尔和约翰
What’s their names? – Pearl and John.
是不是有一个洋娃娃? -他们不让我和它玩
Is there a doll? – Only they don’t never let me play with it.
你曾经见过如此漂亮的眼睛吗?
Did you ever see such pretty eyes in all your born days?
别让他跑了 宝贝
Don’t let him get away, sugar.
他才不像你 下次 我都不用说 他就会买♥♥冰淇淋给我吃
He ain’t like you all. Next time, I won’t even ask him to buy me an ice cream.
我上当了
I’s bitten bad.
卢比 你怎么有钱买♥♥这个? -你用鞭子抽我吧
Ruby, you didn’t have money to buy this. – You’ll whip me.
我有这么做过吗?
When did I ever?
在药店有个男人 他给了… -药店?
This man at the drugstore, he gave… – The drugstore?
库珀太太 我从来没去上过什么缝纫课
Miss Cooper, I never been to sewing lessons all them times.
那你去干什么了 卢比?
What you been up to, Ruby?
我和男人们在一起鬼混
I been out with men.
孩子啊
Child.
你想寻找爱 卢比 用一种最笨的方法
You were looking for love, Ruby, in the only foolish way you knewhow.
我们都需要爱 卢比
We all need love, Ruby.
我失去了儿子的爱
I lost the love of my son.
但我在你们身上找回了
I found it with you all.
你会成为一个坚强的女人
You’re going to grow up to be a strong, fine woman.
我会一直看着你成长 -这位先生跟他们不一样
I’m going to see to it that you do. – This gentleman weren’t like them.
他给我一本书 还买♥♥冰淇淋给我
He just give me a book and buy me an ice cream.
他是谁? -他什么事都没有要我做
Now, who was this? – He didn’t ask me for nothing.
你们都谈了些什么? -珀尔和约翰
What did you talk about? – Pearl and John.
约翰和珀尔? 他是他们的爸爸吗?
John and Pearl? Is he their pap?
我不知道
I don’t know.
奇怪他为什么不到家里来呢?
Wonder why he hasn’t been to the house.
库珀太太
Miss Cooper!
什么? -那个男的
What? – The man!
早上好 女士们
Good morning, ladies.
你好? -你是库珀女士吧 我可以这么叫吗?
How do? – Why, you’re Miss Cooper, I take it?
你是不是因为约翰和珀尔而来?
It’s about that John and that Pearl?
哦 那两个可怜的孩子
Oh, them poor little lambs.
我简直无法想像还能在这个世界上见到他们

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!