那不是爱 只是在一起瞎混而已 吃点软糖 乖乖
That wasn’t love. That was just flapdoodle. Have some fudge, lambs.
当你嫁给一个男人40年后
When you’ve been married to a man 40 years,
发现你对他的了解还不及一堆豆子那么多
you know all that don’t amount to a hill of beans.
我已经嫁给我的沃尔特那么久了 我发誓 这么多年来
I’ve been married to my Walt that long and I swear, in all that time,
我只是想着我的那些罐头而已
I just lie there thinking about my canning.
约翰
John!
女人这么嫁人真是悲哀 男人才应该这样
A woman’s a fool to marry for that. That’s something for a man.
上帝绝不会让一个好女人那个样子
The good Lord never meant for a decent woman to want that. Not really want it.
就像一场梦一样
It’s all just a fake and a pipe dream.
约翰 鲍威尔先生有事跟你说
John, Mr Powell has something to tell you.
约翰
Well, John.
你♥爸♥爸死的那天晚上 他告诉我是怎么处理那笔钱的
The night before your father died he told me what he did with that money.
钱是被绑在一个12磅的鹅卵石上 沉入了那条河的河底
That money’s at the bottom of the river, wrapped around a 12pound cobblestone.
谢谢你 哈里
Thank you, Harry.
我觉得清白了
I feel clean now.
我的全身上下干干净净的了
My whole body’s just aquivering with cleanness.
约翰 过来 你的领带松了
John, come here. Your tie is crooked.
什么时候爸爸的小船才做好啊? -听不见你说话 孩子
When’ll Dad’s skiff be ready? – Can’t hear you, boy.
什么时候小船才做好?
When’ll the skiff be ready?
一个礼拜之内就可以做好 然后我们就可以驾船去钓鱼了
Have her ready inside a week and then we’ll go fishing.
你妈妈还好吗? -哦 她很好
How’s your ma? – Oh, she’s all right.
你妹妹珀尔呢 -很好
How’s sister Pearl? – Just fine.
你要走了 孩子? -要去照看了 伯迪伯伯
You leaving, boy? – Got to watch out for Pearl, Uncle Birdie.
好吧 晚安 孩子 随时欢迎你来
Well, good night, boy. Come again any time.
记住 孩子 我会在一星期内把你♥爸♥的小船做好的
And mind, boy, I’ll have your pa’s skiff shipshape inside a week.
有人吗?
Somebody there?
有人吗?
Anybody there?
有人吗?
Anybody here?
晚上好 约翰
Good evening, John.
我今天晚上和你妈妈谈了会儿话 约翰
I had a little talk with your mother tonight, John.
你妈妈决定让你知道这个好消息
And your mother decided it might be best for me to let you know the news.
你妈妈跟我说 她希望我当你和你妹妹的爸爸
Your mother told me she wanted me to be a daddy to you and your sister.
我们要结婚了 孩子
We’re going to get married, boy.
你听见我说的了吗 孩子?
Did you hear what I said, boy?
结婚 我们明天要去”姐妹村”去结婚了
Married. We’re going to Sisterville tomorrow.
当我们回来后… -你不是我爸爸
And when we get back… – You ain’t my dad.
你永远也别想做我爸爸
You’ll never be my dad.
当我们回来后 我们就是朋友了
When we get back we’re all going to be friends
财产就是共用的了 约翰
and share our fortunes together, John.
你以为这样就会让我说出来? 我不会 我不会
You think you can make me tell, but I won’t. I won’t!
说什么 孩子? -没什么
Tell me what, boy? – Nothing.
我们不可以互相隐瞒的 对吗?
We’re not keeping secrets from each other, are we?
是的
No.
好吧 不要紧
Well, no matter.
我们有的是时间 孩子
We’ve got a long time together, boy.
挥手啊 看在上帝的份上
Wave your hands! Great sakes!
你在这里等着 我去给你们把床铺好
Now you wait here while I get your night things.
现在我可以说了吗?
Now can I tell?
当鲍威尔先生成为我们的爸爸以后
When Mr Powell’s our daddy then
我就可以告诉他了吧?
can I tell him about it?
你发过誓不说的 -约翰 别这样
You swore, Pearl. – John, don’t.
你答应过爸爸你不会说的
You promised Dad you wouldn’t tell.
我爱鲍威尔先生 很爱很爱他 约翰
I love Mr Powell lots and lots, John.
男人们啊
Men!
哈里?
Harry?
把窗帘放好
Fix that window shade.
我正在祈祷
I was praying.
对不起 我不知道 我还以为…
I’m sorry. I didn’t know. I thought…
你以为 威拉 当你走进那扇门的时候
You thought, Willa, that the moment you walked in that door
我就应该像一个新婚燕尔的男人一样
I’d start to pawing you in that abominable way
以那种恶心的方式爬到你的身上
that men are supposed to do on their wedding night.
难道不对吗? -不对
Ain’t that right, now? – No.
我觉得我们有必要把这件事说明白 威拉
I think it’s time we made one thing perfectly clear, Willa.
嫁给我 从上天的角度看 意味着两个灵魂结合为一
Marriage to me represents a blending of two spirits in the sight of heaven.
起来 威拉
Get up, Willa.
哈里 什么… -起来
Harry, what… – Get up.
现在去看看镜子里的你
Now, go look at yourself yonder in that mirror.
照我说的做
Do as I say.
看看你自己
Look at yourself.
你看到了什么?
What do you see, girl?
你看到了一个女人的身体
You see the body of a woman.
母性 生产的神殿
The temple of creation and motherhood.
你看到了被亚当亵渎后的夏娃的胴体
You see the flesh of Eve that man since Adam has profaned.
那个用来怀孕的身体
That body was meant for begetting children.
而不是用来满足男人的性♥欲♥的
It was not meant for the lust of men.
你想要更多的小孩吗 威拉
Do you want more children, Willa?
我…
I…
不想
No.
这场婚姻的目的 是照顾你已有的两个孩子
It’s the business of this marriage to mind those two you have now,
而不是生更多的孩子
not to beget more.
你说的对
Yes.
好吧 你可以上♥床♥了 不要再发抖了
All right. You can get in bed now and stop shivering.
清洁我的灵魂吧 我就可以成为哈里想要我做的人了
Help me to get clean, so I can be what Harry wants me to be.
这条河里最卑劣 最下流 最下♥贱♥的生物就是这种鱼 雀鳝
Meanest, orneriest, sneakiest critter in the whole river, boy. A gar.
你的鱼钩 伯迪伯伯 -嘘 孩子
Here are your hooks, Uncle Birdie. – Pshaw, boy!
难道还需要鱼钩去钓雀鳝先生吗
Ain’t a hook in the land strong enough to land Mr Gar.
只要一点点智慧和一根马鬃就行
What a fella needs is mother wit and a horse hair.
天啊 它不会断吗 伯迪伯伯?
Golly! Won’t it bust it, Uncle Birdie?
怎么会呢 马鬃能拉起一只大笨鲸呢
No, horse hair’ll hold a lumpin’ whale!
你不介意我胡言乱语吧 孩子? -不
You mind my cussin’, boy? – No.
我之所以问 是因为你那个牧师继父以及所有的事情…
Well, the reason I ask, your steppa bein’ a preacher an’ all…
我自己也不是个像样的牧师
Never was much of a one for preachers my own self.
我不太清楚你们家的事情
I don’t know what’s wrong up at your house,
但是记住 孩子 无论你遇到什么困难的事
but always remember, Cap, if you’re ever in trouble,
都可以找我帮忙 伯迪伯伯是你的朋友
holler and come arunnin’. Uncle Birdie’s your friend.
看那 你这个粘糊糊 龇牙咧嘴 偷饵吃的坏蛋
There! You slimy, snag-toothed, baitstealin’ soandso!
阿门
Amen.
你们都是有罪的 -对
You have all sinned. – Yes!
你们当中有谁敢像我一样说
But which one of you can say, as I can say,
你把一个好人变成了杀人犯?
that you drove a good man to murder?
因为我一直在怂恿他 去买♥♥香水 衣服和化妆品
Because I kept ahoundin’ him for perfume and clothes and face paint!
而且…他还杀了两个人
And… he slew two human beings!
他回来对我说
And he come to me and he said
“把这个钱拿去买♥♥衣服和化妆品”
“Take this money and buy yourself the clothes and the paint.”
但是弟兄们…
But brethren…
哦 就在这时 上帝出现了
Oh, that’s where the Lord stepped in!
是啊
Yes!
哈利路亚
Alleluia!
上帝对他说
He said, the Lord, to that man
“你把钱带走 扔进河里去!”
“You take that money and you throw it in the river!”
扔进河里 扔进河里
In the river! In the river!
现在 你是约翰 你是珀尔
Now, you’re John and you’re Pearl.
你一定会非常生气的 约翰 我做错事了
You’ll get awful mad, John. I done a sin.
我没有告诉任何人
I didn’t tell no one.
都在这儿
It’s all here.
约翰?
John?
什么事?
Yes?
你在干什么 孩子? -催珀尔去睡觉
What are you doin’, boy? – Gettin’ Pearl to bed.
怎么用了那么久的时间? -没什么
What’s takin’ you so long about it? – Nothing.
你们在玩什么?
What’s that you’re playin’ with?
珀尔的破玩意儿
Pearl’s junk.
妈妈要是看到她把这些东西乱放 一定会生气的
Mom gets mad when she plays out here and don’t put it away.
来吧 孩子们
Come on, children.
你们两个都上♥床♥睡觉去
Off to bed with the both of you.
过来 约翰
Come here, John.
你妈妈告诉我你在背后说我的坏话
Your mother tells me you tattled on me.
她说你告诉了她 我问你钱藏在哪里的事
She said you told her I asked where that money was hid.
这样可不好 孩子 要有良心啊
That wasn’t very nice, boy. Have a heart.

Yeah!
好吧 没关系 你的话和我的话不一致
Well, it doesn’t matter. It’s your word against mine.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!