do you love me?
你爱我吗?
Come tomorrow. If you are serious, come tomorrow.
明天再来吧 若你是认真的话明天再来
Mamma, stay still!
妈 不要动
Stay still!
妈 不要动
Mamma! Mamma!
妈妈
They’re playing your piano!
他们在弹你的琴
Mamma!
妈妈
Here. Papa.
爸爸 这儿还有
You shouldn’t have gone up there. Should you?
你不应上去的
I don’t like it, and nor does Papa.
我和爸爸都不喜欢你这样
We can play cards if you like.
若你喜欢我们可玩纸牌
She’s asleep.Look.
她梦游
One night she was found in her nightgown on the road to London.
有一晚她穿着睡袍走在街上
Grandpa said her feet were cut so badly.
爷爷说她的脚割伤得很严重
She couldn’t walk for a week.
整个星期也不能外出
Ada.
阿达
Ada.
阿达
Alisdair.is it because of our play?
是不是因为那话剧
Have the natives aggressed you?
工人来侵击你
Well.I have to say.you have done the wrong thing here.
你这样做只会适得其反
You have put the latch on the outside.you see.
你将门锁放在外面
Now when you close the door.
当你关门后
It will be the Maoris that lock you in, you see.
便变成毛里人将你锁在屋内
With the latch on that side, you are quite trapped.
门锁放在外面 自己锁着自己
Quite trapped.
自己锁着自己
We have just come from George Baines…
我们刚从 乔治 贝恩斯 那来
and they have taken him over.
他们要对付他
It is no wonder he is leaving.
难怪他要走
He got in too deep with the natives.
他和他们太亲近了
They sit on his floor as proud as kings but without a…
严如他们的皇帝
Shred of manners.
但却不懂礼教
He’s quite altered.
他已大不如前了
As if they have been trying some native witchcraft on him.
像被工人下咒
Well, tomorrow or the day after, he’ll be gone.
明天或后天他便会离开
So Baines is packing up?
那 贝恩斯 在收拾行装
Well, he’s nothing to pack. But he’s leaving, and it is just as well.
他也没什么好收拾 但他是真的要离开
Nessie has foolishly grown an affection for him.
尼斯 却傻傻的对他产生好感
We have had some tears.
我们也掉过眼泪
Stop it! Stop!
不许哭 不准哭
STOP!
不准哭
I am quite frightened of the way back.
我也很怕
We must leave in good light. We will be safe?
一定要光明正大地走 会安全吗?
Oh, yes. If you leave now, I’m sure of it.
若现在走便没事
Nessie, hold this.
尼斯 给我拿着
You know, I am thinking of the piano.
我在想那钢琴
She does not play the piano as we do. Nessie, Up! Up!
她不像我们一样弹琴的 高些
No. She is a strange creature, and her playing is strange.
她真的是个怪人 她弹的音乐也很怪
Like a mood that passes into you.
像要传递一些感受
Up!
高些
Now, your playing is plain and true and that is what I like.
你弹的既简单又真实那我才喜欢
To have a sound creep inside you is not at all pleasant.
那些琴音留在脑内令人毛骨悚然
What’s that?
那是什么?
It’s a pigeon.Auntie.
是只鸽
I should have waited.
早知第一下才去
I want to touch you.
我想抚摸你
Why can’t I touch you?
为什么我不能摸你?
Don’t you like me?
你不喜欢我吗?
Come on, Lucky! Who’s gonna be my friend?
过来 谁做我的朋友?
I’m coming to fetch you!
我来捉你们
We must… get on.
我们一定要继续
I’ve decided to…
我决定信任
trust you to stay here.
你留你在这儿
You won’t see Baines?
你不会去见 贝恩斯?
Good.
那很好
Perhaps with time… you might come to like me.
假以时日 你或许会喜欢我
Stop complaining. I said.
少发牢骚
And be quiet.
安静点
You’ll just have to be naked…
等我洗完你的衣服
until I finish washing and drying your clothes.
便可替你穿回衣服
I don’t mind if you’re cold. Be quiet!
你冷我也不理 安静点
No, we’re not supposed to visit him.
我们不能去找他的
What?
什么?
Go.

Crooked. Mr Stewart.
歪的 斯图尔特先生
Crooked.
歪的
Mother wanted me to give this to Mr Baines.
妈妈要我带这个给 贝恩斯先生
I thought maybe it was not the proper thing to do.
我认为这样做不大好
Shall I open it? No, give it to me.
要我打开它吗? 不用了 给我
Why? I trusted you!
为什么要这样? 我信任你
I trusted you! I trusted you!
我信任你
Do you hear?!
你听到吗?
Why do you make me hurt you?!
为什么要我伤害你?
We could be happy.
我们本可快快乐乐的
You have made me angry! Speak!
你偏要激怒我
You lied to me! You will answer for this.
你骗我 我一定要你说出原因
Speak or not, you will answer for this!
你说出原因
Do you love him?!
你爱他吗?
Do you?!
爱吗?
Is it him you love?! No, she says… no!
你爱的是他吗? 她说不
Mother!
妈妈
Mamma!
妈妈
You give this to Baines.
带这个给 贝恩斯
Tell him if he ever tries to see her again. I’ll take off another.
告诉他若他再找她 我便会切了她其余的手指
and another and another.
一根接一根
Mamma! Run!
妈妈 快去
What has happened?
发生什么事?
What is it?
是什么?
You’re not to see her! He’ll chop her up!
你不准去见她 不然他杀了她
What happened?
发生什么事?
Tell me.
告诉我
Tell me!
告诉我
Where is she?
她在那儿?
Ssh! Quiet down! Quiet down! Where is she?!
冷静一下 她在那儿?
He chopped it off!
他切了下来
What did she tell him? What did she tell him?
她对他说了什么?
I am going to crush his skull!
我要他脑浆涂地
NO! NO! NO!
不要 不要
He’ll chop them off!
他会把她手指都砍下来的
You pushed me too hard. You cannot send love to him.
是你迫我的 你不能对他示爱的
You cannot do that.
想想也不行
Just even… even to think about it makes me very angry.
想想也不行 这令我怒火中烧
I meant to love you.
我本意是爱你
I clipped your wing, that’s all.
我只是切断了你的翼
We will be together
我们可以一起了
You will see it will be better…
你会明白这样子更好
Are you hot? My sweet love bird.
你热吗? 我可爱的小鸟
Are you feeling better?
你觉得好点了吗?
What?
什么?
Oh, look at you.
看看你
It’s your face.
这就是你的脸
I’ve had that face in my head, hating it.
我脑中痛恨这张脸
But now I’m here seeing it…
现在我望着你
it’s nothing.
却觉得没有意义
You have your marks. You look at me through your eyes, yes.
你的纹身 你双眼望着我
You’re even afraid of me.
你甚至怕我
Get up.
起来
Baines… Baines
贝恩斯 贝恩斯
has Ada ever spoken to you?
阿达 有向你说过什么吗?
You mean in signs?
手语?
No. Words.
不 口语

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!