One day. When my mother and father were singing together in the forest.
一天当我父母在山间唱歌♥时
A great storm blew up out of nowhere.
突如其来刮起巨风
But so passionate was their singing that they did not notice.
他们正醉心于歌♥声之中 不以为意
nor did they stop as the rain began to fall.
雨也全无停下的意思
And when their voices rose for the final bars of the duet.
当他们唱至最后的一段时
A great bolt of lightning came out of the sky and struck my father,
天上突然雷电交加 一道闪电击中我爸爸
and then he lit up like a torch.
他像火把般烧起来
And at the same moment my father was struck dead.
就在同一时间我妈就给轰哑了
My mother was struck dumb.
从此以后再没说过一句话
She never spoke another word.
一句也没说过
Oh. Dear!
真可怜
Not another word?
一个字也没说过?
Well, from the shock. Yes.
那打击 当然了
It would be. Terrible.
真恐怖
Terrible.
可怕
Terrible. Oh.
太可怕了 哦
Terrible.
太可怕了
Dear?
亲爱的?
Sorry.
对不起
Um, I have to go away for some days.
我要出门一两天
There’s some Maori land I’m interested in which I may buy very reasonably.
我想要买♥♥些荒地 我可能可以用好价买♥♥回来
Well. I hope you’ll spend the time to get settled in.
希望你可安顿下来
and perhaps… in some ways…
或许… 某种意义上来说
we could start again.
我们能重新开始
Alright?
好吗?
I’m not able to read.
我不识字的
Please take us back to the beach where we landed.
请带我们去上岸的地方
I am sorry, I can’t do that.
对不起 办不到
I don’t have the time.
我没空
Goodbye.
再见
I can’t take you there.
我不能带你们去
I can’t do it.
我办不到
Mamma! Mamma. Watch me! Watch!
妈妈 看我
Mamma!
妈妈
Well, you’ve stopped combing your hair.which is a good thing.
你没再梳头了 那很好
It was looking overdone.
以前是过于梳理了
You see, these are the slits that the heads will go through.
我们会将头放进裂口处
Show him, Nessie. They’ll be dead. Slits.
示范给他看 尼斯 他们会扮死人
The Reverend’s going to use animal blood.
神父说用动物的血
No doubt it’ll be very dramatic.
会很戏剧化的
It’ll be very dramatic. Tea!
会很戏剧化的 茶
What would you think if someone were to play a kitchen table…
若有人将一张桌当琴般弹
like it were a piano?
你认为是什么意思?
Like it were a piano?
当是琴?
It’s strange, isn’t it? I mean, it’s not a piano.
很怪 不是吗? 那又不是琴
It’s… doesn’t make any sound.
根本不会发声的
Biscuits!
饼干
No. no sound.
完全无声?
I mean. I knew she was mute, but now I’m thinking…
我在想可能她不止是哑
perhaps it’s more than that.
可能比这还严重
I’m wondering if she’s not brain-affected.
会不会是神经有毛病
No sound at all? Well, no. It was a table.
完全无声? 没有 只是一张桌
Well, she was very violent with the gown. She tore off a chunk of lace.
她对那袍子也很暴♥力♥ 她撕烂那裙边
If I hadn’t been there to see it.
若我不在现场
I’d have sworn she’d have used her teeth and wiped her feet on it.
还会以为她用口咬烂的
Wiped her feet on it.
她用它擦脚
Well, it hasn’t come to anything yet. It’s simply a concern, that’s all.
我也不是要什么定案 我只不过关心她
Yes.

Yes, of course. A concern.
那当然 关心她
There’s something to be said for silence.
她不出声总有原因的 对
Indeed.Cotton.
棉花
And with time. I’m sure she’ll become… affectionate.
假以时日她总会动情的
Certainly, there’s nothing so easy to like as a pet.
那当然 宠物和主人也要时间来适应
And they’re quite silent.
宠物也不会说话
And when they were down, they were down.
当他们下去 他们就在下方
And when they were only halfway up, they were neither up or down.
当他们在半路 他们就不是上或下
The grand old Duke of York He had 10,000 men.
老约克公爵有 1♥0♥0♥0♥0♥ 个手下
He marched them up and up and then he marched them down again.
他命令他们上上下下
Those 80 acres across the stream, what do you think of them?
河那边的八十亩地你认为如何?
I don’t have any money. What are you on about?
我没钱了 你在想什么?
I’d like to make a swap.
我想和你交换
What for? The piano.
用什么来换? 那钢琴
What.the piano on the beach?
海滩上的钢琴?
It’s not marshy, is it?
那不是泥沼地吧
No.
不是
Oh, Baines. The music lover. I never would have thought.
从没想过你那么喜欢音乐的
Hidden talents.George.
隐藏得好
I’d have to get lessons. It wouldn’t be much use without them.
我还要学弹琴 若不学也没用
Yes. I suppose you would.
对 你应该学学的
Well, Ada can play. I have it in a letter that she plays very well.
阿达 懂弹琴 信上说她很会弹的
She’s been playing since she was five or six.
她自五六岁便开始弹琴
What on?
用什么来教?
Well.on… on your piano. That’s the swap.
用你的琴 那是交换条件
What does she say?
她说什么?
She says it’s her piano and she won’t have him touch it!
她说琴是她的 她不会让他碰那琴
He’s an oaf. He can’t read! He’s ignorant!
他只是个粗人 他不识字的 他无知
He wants to improve himself, and you’ll be able to play it.
所以他想改善自己 而你又懂弹琴
Teach him how to look after it!
教他怎样保养那琴
Piano is mine!
琴是我的 它是我的
You can’t go on like this!
你不能一直这样的
We’re a family now. We all make sacrifices, and so will you!
我们已是一家人有时要作出牺牲 你也不能例外
You will teach him, and I will see to it!
你要教他 我言出必行
Oh. A Broadwood!
是名牌的
Oh. A fine instrument!
很好的琴
I’ve not seen one here.
在这儿从未见过
Nor in New South Wales where I’ve tuned some 200.
甚至在我调过200多架琴的新南韦尔斯也未见过
Yes, they like their pianos there.
那儿的人一定爱煞钢琴的
Scent?
书味
Hmm. And salt.of course.
还有盐味
Mother says she can’t stand to teach piano with it all out of tune.
妈说她不能用走音的琴来教
So. I’m to do scales.
我会弹些音阶
I hope you’ve scrubbed your hands.
希望你练练手指
Oh, it’s in tune.
已调较好了
It’s in tune.
已调较好了
I was teaching!
看我在教琴
Mother would like to see what you can play.
妈想知你会弹些什么
I’d rather not play.
我不弹了
I want to listen.and learn that way.
我宁可边听边学
Everyone has to practise.
要学琴一定要练习的
I just want to listen.
我只想听
Lovely.
很好
Oh, but tell me again.
再说一次吧
Was he your teacher?
他是个教师吗?
How did you speak to him?
你怎样和他交谈的?
What happened? Why didn’t you get married?
你们怎么不结婚的?
Shall I kiss you goodnight?
要我给你睡前吻吗?
Get out! You need a bath!
出去 你要去洗个澡
Out! Bad dog!
出去 污狗
Move! Go on!
出去
Bad bloody dog!
你是只又污又坏的狗
Move it!
快走开 费连
Ada, wait. Wait.
阿达 等一等
Do you know how to bargain?
你知怎样讨价还价吗?
There’s a way you could have your piano back.
有一个方法你可取回钢琴的
Do you want it back?
你想要回琴吗?
You want it back?
你想要回去?
You see…
你看
I’d like us to make a deal.
我想和你来个交易
There’s things I’d…
你弹琴时
like to do while you play.
我想做些事

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!