你以前有没有来过这里
lf you’d ever been to the house before.
-他们必须问这些问题 -我不明白为什么
-They have to ask those questions. -I don’t see why.
因为这是警♥察♥的工作
Because that’s what police do.
-能问你个问题吗 -当然
-Can l ask you a question? -Sure.
为什么一定要那天晚上见大卫
Why was it so important to see David that night?
有什么急事吗
What was so urgent?
几个月前他给我讲了一个故事
He pitched me a story a few months ago.
-那个日本的故事 -日本的故事 对
-The Japan story? -Yes, the Japan story.
我喜欢这故事但还需要加工 尤其是结尾
l liked it but it needed work, especially the ending.
我当时坐在办公室
l was sitting in my office…
然后突然就想到了结尾应该怎么改
and it suddenly occurred to me how to make the ending work.
怎么改
So what was it?
什么
What?
关于结尾的想法
Your idea for the ending.
向上的
Up.
向上 什么意思
Up? What does that mean?
跟向下是相反的 情绪
As opposed to down. Moods.
就像快乐对悲伤 希望对绝望
You know, happy as opposed to sad. Hopeful as opposed to depressing.
-你对他的结尾怎么看 -我还没看过
-What did you think of his ending? -l never read it.
-没看过 -没有
-You never read it? -Nope.
我不喜欢阅读
I don’t like reading.
-你喜欢书吗 -我喜欢文字和字母
-Do you like books? -l like words and letters.
但对于整句的句子就没感觉了
But I’m not crazy about complete sentences.
他怎么看
What did he think?
他先走了 我觉得他不太喜欢我
He walked out on me. I don’t think David liked me.
我觉得他只是不喜欢快乐的结局吧
l think he just didn’t like happy endings.
把脸靠在这里
Put your face here.
好极了
Great.
你在干嘛 该不是要把我画到画里吧
What are you doing? You aren’t going to paint me, are you?
或许会画进去吧
l might put you in one of my paintings.
我有一副想画的 是一个冰岛的英雄人物
There’s one l want to do of an lcelandic hero.
他是个窃贼 整个人由火焰构成
He’s a thief and he’s made of fire.
-你或许不会喜欢他 -为什么
-You might not like that. -Why not?
因为你是拍电影的
Because you’re in the movies…
电影里面英雄可不能是窃贼出身 是吧
and in movies you can’t have thieves as heroes, can you?
这可说不定 我们一直都有黑帮片的
I don’t know about that. We have a long tradition of gangsters in movies.
当然 但他们也一直为自己的罪行承受着痛苦 对吗
Yes, but they always have to suffer for their crimes, don’t they?
我们要为自己的罪行负责 不是吗
We should pay for our crimes, shouldn’t we?
我觉得 自己认识到自己的罪行 已经是很大的折磨
l think knowing you’ve committed a crime is suffering enough.
如果感受不到折磨
lf you don’t suffer…
或许这根本就不是罪行
maybe it wasn’t a crime after all.
管他呢 反正无关紧要
Anyway, what difference does it make?
事情该是怎样还是怎样
lt has nothing to do with how things really are.
你不是真的这么认为的对吧
Do you really believe that?
我也不知道自己是怎么认为的 米尔先生
I don’t know what l believe, Mr. Mill.
这只是我的感受
lt’s just what l feel.
你知道你是怎样的人吗 琼
You know what you are, June whatever-your-name-is?
务实的无政♥府♥主义者
A pragmatic anarchist.
是吗
ls that what l am?
我自己都不确定
l never was sure.
我能拿一拿吗
Can l just pick this up?
大约一公斤
-噢 好重啊 -有37盎司
-Oh, it’s heavy. -Thirty-seven ounces.
是吗 看哪
Really? Look.
我要谢谢我母亲 她母亲 还有她父亲的母亲
l want to thank my mother, her mother and her father’s mother who…
你们好
Hello.
-这是苏珊·艾弗里探长 -你好 这是我搭档
-Meet Detective Susan Avery. -How do you do? My partner.
-维拉·布鲁姆 -幸会 我们进去谈
-Willa Broom. -My pleasure. Let’s go in here.
这是艾弗里探长第一次真正意义上来电影制片厂
This is the first real movie studio Detective Avery’s been to.
-真的 -除了环球影城的参观
-Really? -Aside from the Universal Tour.
我的家人来访我总是带他们去那
l always take my family there when they come.
去了太多次 我觉得自己都可以当导演了
l’ve been there so often, l feel like I’m ready to direct.
你大概比现在很多电影学校的毕业生都要强
You’d probably do better than the film grads these days.
很抱歉在得知卡恩去世之后没有及时联♥系♥
I’m sorry l didn’t call you when l heard Kahane was dead.
-听说还是在报纸看到 -报纸看到
-Heard or read? -Read.
-为什么没联♥系♥呢 -沃特也问了我一样的问题
-Why didn’t you? -Walter asked me the same question.
我也希望我能有更好的回答
l wish l had a better answer.
但我只能说我当时没有考虑过这个问题
All l can say is l didn’t think about it.
你怎么知道他当时去了哪里
How did you know where he was gonna be?
-他的妻子告诉我 -女朋友
-His wife told me… -Girlfriend.
是女朋友
Girlfriend.
女朋友 他们俩我都不认识的
Girlfriend. l didn’t know either of them.
当时挺焦躁的 就想干脆去看电影
l was restless, thought I’d see the movie.
如果他在那里 就跟他聊聊工作的事
lf he was there, I’d talk to him about a job l thought he was good for.
你去了影院 看到了他也在 然后呢
You got to the theater, saw him and?
我们在一间日本酒吧喝了一杯
We had a drink at a Japanese place.
不可思议的狂野的地方 就像东京
lt was a wild, incredible scene. lt was like Tokyo.
他先于你离开了 为什么没有一起走
He left before you. Why didn’t you leave together?
那里很不可思议 我很喜欢那里
lt was an incredible scene. l was having a great time.
那为什么没有留更久
Why didn’t you stay longer?
后来没人唱歌♥了 那里是个酒吧 而我又不喝酒
People stopped singing. Then it was just a bar and I don’t drink.
-你跟他喝酒了啊 -见机行事嘛
-You drank with him. -When in Rome…
-你以前就认识他吗 去过他家 -没有
Did you know him socially? Been to his house?
私下里有没有任何接触
Know anything about him personally?
你现在该回去工作了
We’ll let you get back to work now.
你还有什么疑问吗
What’s bothering you?
我只是想问问
Well, l just have to ask.
你离开以后 有没有在停车场见到他
Did you see him in the parking lot after you left?
不 我把车停在路边的 我开了一辆路虎揽胜
No, l parked on the street. l drive a Range Rover…
所以停在视野范围内感觉安全些
so l feel safer when it’s visible.
大街上谁会随便把你窗玻璃敲了
Who’s gonna smash a window if it’s on the street?
如果你开了辆破车 就会停在停车场
lf you had a shitty car, you would’ve parked in the parking lot?
如果开了辆破车 死的可能就是我了
lf l had a shitty car, l might be a dead man.
不知怎么的我总觉得你没那运气
Somehow l think you’re too lucky for that.
谢谢
Thank you.
好了 63场 第三次 准备
Okay, 63, take three. Marker.
现在
Now.
开始
Action!
该死的 你听我说
No, goddamn it, you listen to me!
我已经在这有段时间了 我也长了鼻子
l’ve been around a while. l got a nose.
现在的情况就是臭不可闻 整个公♥司♥
This situation stinks. lt stinks of the company.
就是这样 彼得森 该死的CIA 听说过吧
That’s right, Peterson, the fucking ClA. Ever heard of it?
是这样一种操作
lt’s the kind of operation
你不明白他现在为什么这样做
You don’t understand what he’s trying to go for here.
你不明白就很难听进去这些争执
lt’s hard to listen to your argument when you don’t understand.
-闭会儿嘴行吗 -滚蛋吧
-Would you shut up, please? -Kiss my ass!
我得喊停了 袍子挂在抽屉上了
l have to cut. My robe cut on the drawer.
-老天哪 -我喜欢这个家伙 他不错
-For Christ’s sakes! -l like this guy. He’s great.
沃特斯 能帮我拿杯水来吗
Waters? Can l have some Volvic, please?
是啊他很不错
Yeah, he’s great.
我听说那个编剧被杀的案子 有警♥察♥来找你了
l heard the police came to see you about this dead writer.
-是谁啊 -叫大卫·凯恩的
-Who was this guy? -His name was David Kahane.
从没听说过 我们曾经聘他写过剧本
l never heard of him. We ever hire him for anything?
我本来是有这打算的
l was thinking about it.
他跟我说过一个故事 我就去找他聊聊
He pitched me a story. l went there to talk to him about it.
天哪 可怜的家伙
Jesus. Poor bastard. Just when his ship comes in, some bastard blasts him…
正有好机会到手 就被
Jesus. Poor bastard. Just when his ship comes in, some bastard blasts him…
我不是对你有意见
I don’t want to criticize you…
但我正在打电♥话♥
but I’m supposed to be talking on the phone.
警♥察♥还来找过你吗
Are the cops still bothering you?
-不 应该不会了 -让斯塔克处理
-No. No, I don’t think so. -Let Stuckel handle it.
我们可以给他们送点观影券
We’ll give them passes to a screening.
可以坐在米歇尔·菲佛后面的
They can sit behind Michelle Pfeiffer.
他们就不会找你麻烦了
They’ll leave you alone.
一个叫乔·吉利斯的人打电♥话♥来
A guy named Joe Gillis called.
他想让你跟他10点在圣詹姆斯俱乐部的庭院里见面
He wants you to meet him at the St. James Club at 10:00 on the patio.
-从没听说过这个人啊 -他说你会想起来的
-Never heard of him. -He said you’d know him.
有人认识乔·吉利斯吗
Anybody know who Joe Gillis is?
他是威廉·霍登在《日落大道》里面的角色啊
He’s a character William Holden played in Sunset Boulevard.
-一个编剧被影星杀死了 -格洛丽亚·斯万森
-The writer killed by a movie star. -Gloria Swanson.
《公民凯恩》

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!