宣布停火。
Sound the cease-fire.
-你是埃塞克斯勋爵吗?-是的。是什么?
– You be Lord of Essex? – I am. What is it?
我有泰隆将军的口信。
I have a message from our general, Tyrone.
好吗?
Well?
他有个愿望,要谈臣服。
He has a wish for to talk submission.
提交吗?
Submission?
很好,但有一个条件。
Very well, but on one condition.
所有的抵抗立即结束。
That all resistance ends immediately.
它已经停止了,真倒霉。
It’s already ceased, worst luck.
带路。
Lead the way.
你是泰隆伯爵,是吗?
So, you’re the Earl of Tyrone, eh?
如果你愿意的话。普通的休·奥尼尔就行了。
If you like. Plain Hugh O’Neill will do.
-你是埃塞克斯吧?-是的。
– You’re Essex, I take it? – I am.
普通的罗伯特·德弗罗就行了。
Plain Robert Devereux will do.
你很有幽默感,我们聊完之后你就需要幽默感了。
Well, you’ve a sense of humor, man, which you’ll be needing after we’re finished talking.
——提交?-是的,服从。
– Submission? – Aye, submission.
你是个伟大的战士,泰隆。
You’re a great fighter, Tyrone.
很高兴终于见到你了。
It’s a pleasure to meet you at last.
现在,让我们开始吧。
Now, let’s get down to it.
-我的条件…-你的条件?
– My terms… – Your terms?
你真有幽默感,伙计。
You have a sense of humor, man.
今天是我提出条件的也许你误解了我说的服从。
It is me that’s granting terms this day or maybe you misunderstood what I meant by submission.
我说的是你的,当然不是我的。
I meant yours, certainly not mine.
来吧,伙计。我没时间开玩笑。
Come now, man. I’ve no time for jests.
-你在逃亡。-是吗?
– You’re on the run. – Oh, are we now?
为什么,男孩们只是跳过沼泽来锻炼一下,给你带路,就像。
Why, the boys are just skipping over the bogs for a bit of exercise, showing you the way like.
-去哪里?-进入阿尔斯特的心脏地带。
– To where? – Into the very heart of Ulster.
-我想?——哼!不,那不行。
– I suppose? – Huh! No, that won’t do.
-你输了。——确定。
– You’re beaten. – Sure.
整个爱尔兰都在你面前,但是……眯着眼看一眼天空。
You’ve the whole of Ireland before you now, but… Take a squint at the sky.
你看到的烟,我的朋友,是你燃烧的营地的烟。
The smoke you see, me friend, is the smoke of your burning camp.
你的法令,你的食物和你仅有的宝贵物资让这个地方温暖了整个爱尔兰的心。
Your ordinance, your food and precious little you had and your supplies is making the place to warm the hearts of all Ireland.
你身后的路被毁了,你的向导回来找我了。
The road’s tore up behind you and your guides came have back to me.
-我的向导?-他们是我自己的人。
– My guides? – Well, they are me own men.
我很高兴把它们借给你。
I was glad to lend them to you.
而且,我在你和大海之间集结了整支军队。
Moreover, me whole army’s drawn up betwixt you and the sea.
总之,埃塞克斯勋爵大人,你被困住了。
In short, milord of Lord Essex, you’re trapped.
现在你应该明白我说的”服从”是什么意思了
And now maybe you understand what I meant by the word “submission.”
I’只要我有军队,我就不会这么做。
ll not do it not while I have an army.
我将战斗。-没有食物和弹♥药♥?
I’ll fight. – Without food or munitions?
伙计,你们只会让自己被屠♥杀♥或淹死直到沼泽里的最后一个人。
Why, man, you’d only get yourselves butchered or drowned to the last man in the bog.
哦,来吧,放下武器,尽你所能挽救你的生命。
Oh, come now, throw down your arms and save your lives the whilst you can.
如果我被困住了,你为什么要放过我们?
If I’m trapped, why do you wish to spare us?
难道我蠢到相信如果我毁了你,就能毁了英国吗?不,男人。
Am I such a fool as to believe that if I destroyed you, I’d destroy England? No, man.
如果我们现在决一雌雄,我会把你杀个精光,直到最后一个人,但我也会失去人手……当你的继任者春天离开英国时,我需要这些人来对付他。

If we fought it out now, I’d finish you alright, to the last man, but I’d lose men too… men that I need to fight your successor when he comes out of England in the spring.
哦,来吧。放下武器,我就把向导借给你,带你和你的军队安全到达海岸。
Oh, come now. Throw down your arms and I’ll lend you the guides to take you and your army safe to the coast.
如果我拒绝呢?
And if 1 refuse?
那你的骄傲就会与你所有人的生命相抗衡。
Then it’ll be your pride against the life of every last one of your men.
来吧,埃塞克斯。你说呢?
Come now, Essex. What do you say?
你不缴械吗?
Will you not disarm?
你在这里和在白厅背叛之间…看来我别无选择了。
Between you here and betrayal at Whitehall… it seems I’ve no choice.
这是我的手…还有给王后的信,感谢她帮我取得胜利,因为你是我遇到过的最危险的敌人。
Then here’s me hand on it… and a message to the queen thanking her for me victory for you’re the most dangerous foe I’ve ever had to face.
如果她给了你应得的支持,没有谎言,伙计…今天投降的将是我而不是你。
And if she’d given you the support your campaign deserved, without the word of a lie, man… it’d be me and not you that would be surrendering this day.
我会转达您的口信……和我的军队一起。
I’ll give her your message… with my whole army.
暴徒们只会喊着埃塞克斯的名字。
The mob does nothing but cry the name of Essex.
塞西尔,是你的智慧让我们陷入这一切。我们真的很感激。
Well, Cecil, it was your intellect that got us into this. We are truly grateful.
别傻了。
Don’t be a fool.
我怎么知道艾塞克斯会起来反抗女王并向伦敦进军?
How did I know that Essex would rise and revolt against the queen and march on London?
我以为他会在爱尔兰被杀。
I thought he’d be killed in Ireland.
但他没有这样做,而是在威尔士登陆重新武装他的军队,甚至现在,他还在伦敦向宫殿进军。
And instead of that, he lands in Wales rearms his men, and even now, marches through London on the palace.
这意味着我们有大♥麻♥烦了。
That means we’re in grave trouble.
也就是说,我的朋友们你们耳朵上的东西比你们想象的要多。
Which means, my friends that you pulled down more upon your ears than you bargained for.
第一,如果埃塞克斯赢了,你就输了。
One, if Essex prevails, you’re lost.
第二,如果他和她和好了,而且他们截获的信件也有了解释,那么你就双倍地损失了。
Two, if he becomes reconciled to her and there are explanations about their intercepted letters, then you’re doubly lost.
我要去看她。她会听我的。
I’ll see her. She’ll listen to me.
我们得把他们分开。
We’ve got to keep them apart.
不管她愿不愿意,让这成为他们之间的战争。
Make this a war between them whether she wants it or not.
绝对的。培根是对的。
Absolutely. Bacon is right.
如果埃塞克斯能和她说话,我们就完了。
If Essex is allowed to speak to her, it’s our end.
警卫,右轮。
Guard, right wheel.
这是什么,阿尔芒?
What is this, Armand?
陛下为王座安排了侍卫,大人。
Her Majesty ordered a guard for the throne, milord.
这是不是意味着她会在这么晚的时候举♥行♥会议?
Does that mean she’s holding court at this hour of night?
-看起来是这样。-她疯了!
– It seems so. – She is mad!
现在不是集♥会♥的时候,艾塞克斯正带兵进攻宫殿。
This is no time for assembly, with Essex leading an army on the palace.
你不能未经她同意就下令出兵吗?
Can’t you order troops out without her sanction?
虽然没有先例,但这是史无前例的紧急情况。
Well, there’s no precedent for it, but this is an emergency without precedent.
-是的。-我试试看。
– It is. – I’ll try.
我几天来第一次露面,见到的都是闷闷不乐的面孔。
I show myself for the first time for days and meet nothing but glum faces.
伯利,你至少该开心点。
Burghley, you at least should be merry.
我听说你一直在看戏。
I hear you’ve been attending the theater.
不,夫人。
No, madam.
但你确实禁止莎士比亚大♥师♥和他的演员在没有征得我同意的情况下表演理查二世。为什么?
But you did forbid the performance of Richard II by Master Shakespeare and his players without consulting me. Why?
…这出戏是叛国,陛下。
The… the play is treasonous, Your Majesty.
它展示了一个国王的废黜。
It shows the dethronement of a king.
然后什么?我的人♥民♥是如此容易被引导,以至于他们会从剧院跑出来把他们的女王从椅子上拉起来吗?
What then? Are my people so easily led that they would run from the theater to pull their queen out of her chair?
这里有谁担心有人背叛我?
Who is there here fears a rebellion against me?
当然不是我自己。
Not myself, certainly.
但有人在嘀咕,陛下。
But there are mutterings, Your Grace.
让他们嘀咕吧。让他们大声呼喊吧。
Let them mutter. Let them cry out.
当他们疲惫不堪时,他们会喝醉,然后上♥床♥睡觉,睡得很香,醒来时更聪明。
When they’ve worn themselves weary, they’ll get drunk and go to bed, sleep soundly, wake up the wiser.
陛下,我请求您和我单独谈谈。
Your Majesty, I beg you to speak with me alone a moment.
今天早些时候我回复了你的请求。
I answered your request earlier in the day.
但如果陛下知道这是怎么回事……我知道。
But if Your Majesty knew what it was about… I do know.
埃塞克斯勋爵正在赶来的路上。让他来吧。
Lord Essex is on his way here. Let him come.
我很高兴见到他。
I should be glad to see him.
让他带上他的革命吧。
Let him bring his revolution with him.
你认为它会持续多久?当我看到它的时候?
How long do you think it will last… when I have looked on it?
夫人,请。
Madam, please.
有足够的军队可用。让我发布…如果你允许,我不会。
There are plenty of troops available. Let me post… With your gracious permission, I will not.
伯利,你们都待在原地。
Burghley, stay where you are, all of you.
这个法庭就像一堆乱七八糟的鳗鱼。
This court wriggles like a mess of eels.
没有驻军,没有守卫,没有采取任何防御措施,什么都没有。
There will be no troops posted, no guard, no defense steps taken, none.
但是陛下,城里有暴民暴♥动♥。
But Your Grace, there’s a mob rising in the city.
是真的,我刚从那里回来。
It’s true, I’ve just come from there.
他们冲过舰队街,洗劫了粮仓还闯入了一个酒商的酒窖。
They’ve stormed through Fleet Street, sacked the provisioner and broken into a wine merchant’s cellar.
据说他们会袭击舰队监狱,释放囚犯。
It’s said they’ll attack the Fleet Prison and set free the prisoners.
他们闯入了一个酒窖。
They’ve broken into a wine cellar.
他们不会再往前走了。
They’ll go no farther.
我们是了不起的民族,我们英国人……但是我们不能喝酒。
We’re a marvelous people, we English… but we cannot hold our liquor.
但是,陛下……他们怎么说的,那些喝酒的人?
But, Your Majesty… What do they say, these, uh, wine drinkers?
“上了埃塞克斯,下了伊丽莎白?”是的,陛下。
– “Up Essex, down Elizabeth?” Yes, Your Majesty.
当然可以。他们还能哭什么?
Of course. What else would they be crying?
“埃塞克斯。万岁!
“Up Essex. Viva!
“伊丽莎白。在左边。
“Down Elizabeth. En bas.
王后死了。国王万岁。”
The queen is dead. Long live the king.”
如果我在,我也会哭的。
If I were there, I’d be crying it myself.
它有一个美妙的环。
It has a wonderful ring.
“上艾塞克斯,下伊丽莎白。”
“Up Essex, down Elizabeth.”
-陛下。——好吗?
– Your Majesty. – Well?
埃塞克斯勋爵已经进宫了。
Lord Essex has entered the palace.
他正在来的路上。
He’s on his way here now.
我已命令陛下的侍卫守住楼梯。
I’ve ordered Your Majesty’s guard to hold the stair.
你违背我的意愿命令守卫?
You ordered the guard against my wishes?
我必须这么做,陛下。
I had to, Your Grace.
他们只等着你的信♥号♥♥…我永远不会给你的。
They only wait for a signal from you… Which I’ll never give.
-夫人,这太疯狂了。-全镇的人都支持他
– Madam, this is madness. – The whole town’s behind him.
他们是这么告诉我的。
So I’ve been told.
你在考虑什么,我还是你的皮囊?
What are you considering, me or your hide?
陛下,如果我们什么都不做,您和您的王国都将听命于埃塞克斯。
Your Majesty, if we do nothing, both you and your kingdom are at the mercy of Essex.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!