不是你或你的朋友吗?
Not you or your friends?
-陛下……-不要“你的Majestyâ”我!
– Your Majesty… – Don’t “Your Majestyâx80x9d me!
你,黏糊糊的癞蛤♥蟆♥。我了解人性。
You, slimy toad. I know human nature.
没有什么比埃塞克斯送别他的脑袋更适合你了。
Nothing would suit you so well as to see Essex saying farewell to his head.
陛下能再仔细检查一下这封信吗?
Will Your Grace examine the letter more closely?
听说你对埃塞克斯老爷的作品并不陌生。
Rumor hath it you are not unacquainted with milord of Essex’s writing.
有传言说,我很傲慢。
And rumor hath it, I have a heavy hand for insolence.
你忘了吗?现在,滚出去。
Have you forgotten it? Now, get out.
-但是,夫人……-我说,滚出去!
– But, madam… – Get out, I say!
罗伯特。
Robert.
罗伯特,我不知道我最恨哪个,是你让我爱你还是我自己如此需要你。
Robert, I don’t know which II hate the most, you for making me love you or myself for needing you so.
很少有人如此不明智,如此固执,但他有时能看到保持友谊的必要性,而不是在宫廷里树敌。
There has seldom been a man so unwise, so headstrong but he could sometime see the necessity of keeping friends and not making enemies at court.
但是你,你和王后争吵因为她想要和平而你想要战争。
But you, you quarrel with the queen because she wanted peace and you wanted war.
战争?有一场战争,和西班牙。
War? There is a war, with Spain.
这是一场只有女人才会发动的愚蠢而可怕的女人战争。
And such a silly, frightened womanish war as only a woman would wage.
我来回答这个问题。
Let me answer that.
你对自己不坦率。
You are not forthright with yourself.
你希望完成你作为将军的记录,摧毁西班牙,像凯撒一样出名,登上名声的顶峰。
You wish to complete your record as general, crush Spain, make a name like Caesar’s, and climb to pinnacle of fame.
你赢得了加的斯,赢得了人♥民♥的心。
You won Cadiz and caught the people’s hearts.
听到他们的声音,直到你走过的时候,街道上响起你的名字。
Caught their voices until the streets ring with your name whenever you pass.
当心你已经太受欢迎了。
Take care. You are too popular already.
大人,您比王后更受爱戴。
My Lord, you are loved better than the queen.
这就是你的危险所在。
That’s your danger.
她不愿让一件事使她黯然失色,她不能忍♥受。
She will not suffer a subject to eclipse her, she cannot suffer it.
毫无疑问,她不会的。
Make no mistake, she will not.
所以我必须等,是吗?阻碍吗?
So I must wait, huh? Hold back?
——精确。——为什么?
– Precisely. – Why?
我的血统比伊丽莎白好。
I come of better blood than Elizabeth.
我是和约翰国王一起站在橡树旁的伯爵之一。
My name is among the earls who stood around the oak with King John.
贵族曾经教给国王的东西,贵族也可以教给王后。
What the nobles once taught a king, a noble may teach a queen.
你说的是叛国和死亡旧秩序已死。
You talk treason and death. The old order is dead.
如果你不能学习,你和你的房♥子都会随之死去。
You and your house will die with it if you cannot learn.
我们要对付的是伊丽莎白
This is Elizabeth we’re dealing with.
国王不是男人,王后不是女人,这是什么鬼?
What the devil’s a king but a man, a queen but a woman?
在她的王国里,她只害怕一个人,那个人就是你自己。
There’s one man in all her kingdom she fears, and that man’s yourself.
她有理由害怕你。
And she has good reason to fear you.
怕我?为什么?我是忠诚的。
To fear me? Why? I’m loyal.
你是一个不容易控制的人而且,你是一位将军,广受欢迎,广受赞誉。
You’re a man not easily governed moreover, a general, popular and acclaimed.
最后,她爱你,所以不管你爱不爱她,你都更可怕。
And last, she loves you which makes you more to be feared whether you love her or not.
爱她吗?
Love her?
我确实爱她。
I most certainly do love her.
大人,像您这么年轻的人……如果她是我母亲厨房♥里的巫婆,没有牙齿和木腿,她仍然会让其他所有人看起来苍白无光。
My Lord, a man as young as yourself… If she were my mother’s kitchen hag toothless and wooden leg, she’d still make all the others seem pale and colorless.
我告诉你她是个女巫。她有女巫的大脑。
I tell you she’s a witch. She’s got a witch’s brain.
我爱她。我恨她。
I love her. I hate her.
我崇拜她。
I adore her.
这方面你必须自己了解。
That side of it you must know for yourself.
但是,大人,请允许我提醒您。
But, my lord, permit me to caution you.
不要太依赖女王的爱。
Don’t count too much on the loves of queens.
谢谢培根校长,你的讲座和建议很有道理。
Thanks, Schoolmaster Bacon, for that sound lecture and the sound advice.
你可能不会接受。
Which you probably will not take.
我可能不会。
Which I probably will not.
去伦敦最短的路是哪条?
What’s the shortest road to London?
上山到河边,然后顺着河走。
Up the hill to the river, then follow it.
那么,佩内洛普小姐,你愿意接受女王的骑士吗?
So, you would take the queen’s knight, Mistress Penelope?
我担心你太放肆,太缺乏经验了。
I fear you are over-presumptuous and over-inexperienced.
所有骑士都是公平的目标,陛下。
All knights are fair game, Your Grace.
我观察到你似乎是这么想的。
I have observed you seem to think so.
女王会保护她自己的。
The queen will protect her own.
你为什么不搬家?
Why didn’t you move?
-如果我说了,我…-你要带走我的骑士。
– If I do, I… – You will take my knight.
这离你的愿望有那么远吗?
Is that so far from your desire?
快走,我告诉你。
Move, I tell you.
请示陛下。
Check to Your Grace.
恐怕女王现在无能为力了。
I fear the queen is powerless now.
女王从不是无能为力的。
The queen is never powerless.
例如……
For example…
我不想玩,但陛下命令我。
I had no desire to play, but Your Majesty commanded me.
没关系,孩子。
Never mind, child.
这只是个游戏,我心情不好。
It’s only a game, and I’m out of sorts.
我厌倦了。
I’m tired of it.
做点什么。唱歌♥。玩了。
Do something. Sing. Play.
逗我。
Amuse me.
-陛下?——好吗?
– Your Majesty? – Well?
也许你想听听马洛大♥师♥的歌♥曲â“热情的牧羊人给他的爱?”
Would you perhaps like to hear Master Marlowe’s song âx80x9cThe Passionate Shepherd to His Love?”
随你便。
Anything you please.
求你了,佩内洛普,别这样。
Please, Penelope, don’t.
-陛下。——好吗?
– Your Majesty. – Well?
陛下,罗利爵士最近对马洛少爷的歌♥谣写了回信。
By Your Grace Sir Raleigh has lately writ an answer to Master Marlowe’s ballad.
如果玛格丽特小姐愿意用马洛的诗来反对我,我就唱这首歌♥。
And with your permission I’ll sing it if Mistress Margaret will take Marlowe’s verses against me.
一场歌♥唱比赛?当然可以。
A tournament of song? By all means.
继续。继续。
Proceed. Proceed.
所以,瓦尔特爵士变成了押韵家。
So, Sir Walter has turned rhymester.
这些字会非常合适。
The words will fit perfectly.
一个女人爱上了一个比她年轻很多的男人。
A woman in love with a man much younger than herself.
你疯了吗,潘?
Are you mad, Pen?
她会打你或者把你送进塔里。
She’ll beat you or send you to the tower.
âª来和我一起生活,做我的爱人âª
âx99ª Come live with me and be my love âx99ª
âª和我一起享受上面的快乐âª
âx99ª Enjoy with me the pleasures here above âx99ª
âª那小山和山谷,山谷和田野âª
âx99ª That hills and valleys dales and fields âx99ª
âª所有树木繁茂的山脉都产出âª
âx99ª And all the wooded mountains yield âx99ª
âª如果我能像你一样年轻漂亮âª
âx99ª If I could be as young and fair as you âx99ª
âª相信每一个牧羊人说的都是真的âª
âx99ª Believe what every shepherd said was true âx99ª
âª这些优美的演说也许会使我感动âª
âx99ª These pretty speeches might me move âx99ª
âª与你一起生活,成为你的爱人âª
âx99ª To live with you and be your love âx99ª
âª我将为你铺上玫瑰床âª
âx99ª And I will make your bed of roses âx99ª
â′′loversâ′′的誓言中几乎没有真理â′′
âx99ª In loversâx80x99 vows there is but little truth âx99ª
â′ª和一千朵芬芳的花束â′ª
âx99ª And of a thousand fragrant posies âx99ª
âª爱情没有青春就不能持久âª
âx99ª And love cannot endure without its youth âx99ª
âª一顶鲜花的帽子和一件衬衫âª
âx99ª A cap of flowers and a kirtle âx99ª
â′ª夏天结束时花儿会凋谢â′ª
âx99ª The flowers fade when summertime is ended âx99ª
â′t绣满了桃金娘的叶子â′t
âx99ª Embroidered all with leaves of myrtle âx99ª
âª我们的爱已死âª
âx99ª Our love is dead âx99ª
âª我们以为如此辉煌的爱情âª
âx99ª A love we thought so splendid âx99ª
âª如果这些快乐可以感动你的心灵âª
âx99ª If these delights your mind may move âx99ª
âª那就和我一起生活,做我的爱人âª
âx99ª Then live with me and be my love âx99ª
â´´但如果我年轻时受到如此的宠爱â´´
âx99ª But were I young and loved so well âx99ª
â´´那么我也许会永远抱紧你……一个x99ª
âx99ª Then I might hold you close forever… âx99ª
所以,你这个无♥耻♥的丫头,你违抗我!
So, you brazen wench, you defy me!
你竟敢嘲笑你的女王?
You dare hold your queen up to ridicule?
你这个骚♥女♥人!
You forward hussy!
你,你的眼睛,你的鼻子,你的人,都不能待在他们该待的地方。
You, who can keep neither your eyes nor your nose or your person where they belong.
看看你。
Look at you.
因为一个绅士瞥了你一眼,你就没有资格穿得像个不雅的土褐色树篱。
Because a gentleman once glanced at you doesn’t entitle you to come into my presence dressed like an indecent hedge drab.
脱下来,你这个无♥耻♥的包袱。
Take it off, you shameless baggage.
滚出我的视线!
Get out of my sight!
你也一样。
You too.
当我被这样对待时,你们就像一群愚蠢的牛一样站在那里吗?
Do you stand around like a herd of stupid cattle while I am treated so?
你也认为我太老了,太丑了,一个男人不可能用爱来看待我。
You, too, think I am too old, too ugly for a man to look upon with love.
干掉他们!
Take them down!
你听到了吗?
Do you hear me?
粉碎他们!
Smash them!
摧毁他们!
Destroy them!
打碎宫殿里的每一面镜子。
Break every mirror in the palace.
我再也不想在白厅看到它了!
I never want to see one in Whitehall again!
这是什么?
What is this?
现在该做什么?
What now?
你为什么哭,玛格丽特小姐?
Why are you crying, Mistress Margaret?
到这里来。
Come here.
你有什么好怕的?
What have you to fear?
你,最无辜的那个?
You, the most innocent of them all?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!