我爱你,我需要你。
I do love you, and I want you.
是的,我也想要权力。
Yes, and I want power too.
-但不能没有你。——没有……如果你想要我,你会起来,带着军队来攻击我吗?
– But not without you. – No… If you wanted me, would you rise and strike at me with an army?
不。你会悄悄地来到我身边……在适当的时候像恋人一样和我说话。
No. You’d have come to me quietly… and talked to me as lovers should at the proper time.
但现在,没有了。
But now, no.
你真正想要的,你已经拿走了。
What you really wanted, you’ve taken.
现在这是你的王位……但我不是你的。
This is your throne now… but I am not yours.
所以,把我放在伤害最小的地方。
So, put me where I’ll do the least harm.
你知道我永远不会这么做。
That you know I’ll never do.
答应我一件事你会和我分享你的王位我会解散我的军队,你就自♥由♥了。
Promise me but this one thing that you’ll share your throne with me and I’ll disband my army, and you shall be free.
我承诺。
I promised.
你将与我分享我的王国。
You shall share my realm with me.
我是女王,我保证。
As I am queen, I promise it.
这就是答案,我的女王。
Here’s the answer then, my queen.
蒙特乔伊。
Mountjoy.
解散军队。
Dismiss the troops.
把宫殿交还王后,释放所有俘虏和王后的侍卫,让他们各归各的岗位。
Return the palace into the queen’s hand, release all prisoners and the queen’s guard, and send them to their posts.
但是埃塞克斯,你确定吗?
But Essex, are you certain?
一切都好,诺利斯。
All is well, Knollys.
亲爱的……原谅我吧,这是我们最后一次吵架。
Darling… forgive me now and let this be our last quarrel.
是的,最后一个。
Yes, our last.
天堂从苦难和痛苦中升起。
Here’s heaven risen out of suffering and pain.
我的甜蜜。
My sweet.
别再提王国和王权了。
No more talk of kingdoms and thrones.
我们只谈你和我吧。
Let’s talk only of you and me.
是的。
Yes.
是的,让我们忘记其他。
Yes, let us forget the other.
但你信守诺言了吗?
But have you kept your word?
我的单词?
My word?
我是说,如果我现在拍手……谁的守卫会来……我的还是你的?
I mean, if I were to clap my hands now… whose guard would come… mine or yours?
只有你一个人,亲爱的。要我打电♥话♥吗?
Yours only, sweet. Shall I call?
不。等待。
No. Wait.
我会的。
I will.
——看到了吗?-陛下。
– See? – Your Majesty.
队长阿尔芒……宫殿又在我们手里了吗?
Captain Armand… is the palace again in our hands?
是的,陛下。
Yes, Your Majesty.
艾塞克斯大人的人呢?
And my lord of Essex’s men?
他们走了,陛下。
They have gone, Your Majesty.
我统治了英格兰这么多年,我的埃塞克斯,才发现一个统治者必须没有友谊,没有怜悯,没有爱。
It has taken me many years of ruling England, my Essex, to discover that a ruler must be without friendship, without mercy, and without love.
逮捕我的埃塞克斯大人。
Arrest my lord of Essex.
——逮捕?-逮捕他。
– Arrest? – Arrest him.
带他去塔楼。
Take him to the tower.
这是在开玩笑吗?
Is this a jest?
我为王国效力时从不开玩笑,埃塞克斯大人。
I never jest when I play for kingdoms, my lord of Essex.
我相信你。
And I trusted you.
我相信你。
And I trusted you.
我从你身上学到了没有人可以信任,尤其是爱人。
And learned from you that no one can be trusted, a lover least of all.
我会记住的。
I will remember that.
保重,陛下。
Take care, Your Majesty.
以免这是你要记住的全部。
Lest that be all you ever have to remember.
我会注意的。
I will take care.
女王陛下在塔里吗?-是的,大人。
– Ls Her Majesty in the tower? – Yes, milord.
她两天前住进了她的公♥寓♥。
She took residence in her apartment above two nights ago.
——没有……没有我的消息吗?-不,大人。
– No… no word for me? – No, milord.
天快亮了,陛下。你也没有睡觉。
It’s almost dawn, Your Majesty. And you’ve had no sleep.
我求你回你的房♥间休息一下。
I beg you, retire to your chamber for a little rest.
请陛下原谅。
I beg Your Majesty’s pardon.
是的,陛下。是我截获了你的信件。
Yes, Your Majesty. It was I who intercepted your letters.
没有我的帮助,他们不可能做到。
They never could have done it without my help.
艾塞克斯,觉得自己被遗忘了,颜面尽失,背叛了你,但这不是他的错。
And the Essex, thinking himself forgotten and disgraced turned against you, but it wasn’t his fault.
他不知道。那是我的。
He didn’t know. It was mine.
你告诉我这些是因为你想救他吗?
You tell me this because you want to save him?
是的,是的,我喜欢。但这也是真的。
Yes, yes, I do. But also, it’s true.
你一定要相信我。派人把他叫来。
You must believe me. Send for him.
如果这是真的,你知道你这是在自取灭亡吗?
If it is true, do you realize you’ve spoken your own death warrant?
是的,我知道,但没关系。
Yes, I know, but it doesn’t matter.
除了他,什么都不重要。
Nothing, nothing matters but him.
佩内洛普,靠近点。
Penelope, come closer.
你很爱他,不是吗?
You love him greatly, don’t you?
哦,是的,陛下。
Oh, yes, Your Majesty.
我也是,但他从来没有爱过我。
I, too, but he has never loved me.
但他确实爱你。
But he does love you.
我嫉妒你。这就是为什么…嫉妒?
I was jealous of you. That’s why… Jealous?
可怜的孩子。
You poor child.
因为他根本不爱你我。
Because he loved you and me not at all.
他这么告诉我的。
He told me so.
他说了什么?
What did he say?
他说”我爱她胜过爱生命”
He said, “I love her more than life.”
然后我警告他提防你,但他笑了笑,走到你身边。
And then I warned him against you, but he laughed and went in to you.
也许,我应该更信任他……但现在已经太晚了。
Perhaps, I should have trusted him more… but it’s too late now.
没有人死得开心,不管是不是女王。
No one dies happily, queen or no.
你觉得他会把戒指寄给我吗?
Will he send me the ring, do you think?
还有时间。
There is still time.
不,不是现在。
No, not now.
这就是结局。
This is the end.
哦,不,不。你必须派人去叫他。
On, no, no. You must send for him.
他和你一样骄傲。他什么也不会说的。
He’s as proud as you are. He’ll say nothing.
你必须派人去叫他。把他带过来。
You must send for him. Bring him here.
不。
No.
我会活着,他会死。
I shall live and he shall die.
哦,我要四处走动,发号♥施令,要等很久。
Oh, I shall walk about and give orders a horrible while.
我的心虽与他同进坟墓,我也不打发人去接他。
But even though my heart goes into his grave along with him I will never send for him.
他一定要来找我。
He must ask to come to me.
他会问的。他会的。
He will ask. He will.
我告诉过你。
I told you.
他已派人去求情。
He has sent someone to plead.
进入。
Enter.
-请允许,陛下——好吗?
– By your leave, Your Grace. – Well?
整个伦敦都在塔外抗♥议♥处决埃塞克斯。
All London’s outside the tower protesting the execution of Essex.
我不是有耳朵吗?我不能听到吗?这有什么关系?
Well, haven’t I ears? Can’t I hear them? What of it?
卫兵队长请求允许使用武力驱散他们。
The captain of the guard begs permission to use force to scatter them.
哦。
Oh.
你来找我就是为了这个吗?
So that’s what you came to see me about?
我以为你带来消息了。
I thought you brought word.
埃塞克斯大人不愿屈尊通过我恳求,陛下。
Milord of Essex would hardly condescend to plead through me, Your Majesty.
而且理由很充分。
And for an excellent reason.
他永远无法确定你会用什么形式来表达。
He could never be sure of the form in which you’d deliver it.
今天是属于你的日子,塞西尔。
This is your day, Cecil.
草丛中的蛇在忍♥耐。
The snake in the grass endures.
是的,蛇的头脑是最好的。
Yes, the snake’s mind is best.
直到时间的尽头都会是这样。
To the end of time it will be so.
蛇和老鼠,他们将蓬勃发展,那些高尚和灵魂自♥由♥的人将衰落。
The snakes and the rats, they shall flourish and those who are noble and free of soul go down.
但是,夫人,恕我直言,人群太危险了。
But, madam, if you’ll pardon me, the crowd is dangerous.
-我可以命令守卫…-你不可以。
– If I may order the guard… – You may not.
但我会给你一个你不太喜欢的任务。
But I will give you a task less to your liking.
去埃塞克斯大人的牢房♥,把他送过来。
Go to my lord of Essex in his cell and send him here.
你是不是哑口无言了?
Well, are you struck dumb?
但是,陛下,埃塞克斯勋爵正在准备执行死刑。
But, Your Grace, Lord Essex is preparing for execution.
-即使是现在,一个牧师…-去吧,我告诉你。
– Even now, a priest… – Go, I tell you.
哦,陛下。
Oh, Your Majesty.
佩内洛普。
Penelope.
看看我的脸。
Look on my face.
你在这里看到的,他也会看到。
What you see here, he will also see.
噢,可是,陛下,您又累又累,而您的美貌……已经过去了。
Oh, but, Your Majesty, you’re tired and worn, and your beauty… Has gone.
留下了一个苦涩的,衰老的面具。
And left a bitter, aging mask.
我现在不需要镜子来告诉我。
I need no mirror to tell me now.
你依然年轻可爱。
And you are young and lovely still.
他也年轻漂亮。
And he, too, is young and beautiful.
如果他先看你,再看我
And if he looks at you, and then at me…
佩内洛普。你介意吗?
Penelope. Do you mind?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!