半天 报酬四毛钱
Forty cents, half a day.
喝水吗
Want some water?
五月十五日 俄勒冈州 爱神木溪
May 15th. Myrtle Creek, Oregon.
来点这个吗
Want a little bit more of that…?
淘金热潮令我的侦查工作轻松不少
The gold rush has made the detective’s job much easier.
不管你要找的是男人 女人
When you look for a woman, a man,
还是马或者狗 只要跟着金矿去就行了
a horse or a dog, just follow the gold.
很快你就能找到你的目标
And soon enough, you’ll find whom or what you’re after.
赫曼·科米·沃姆
Hermann Kermit Warm.
吃相狼狈
Eats messily…
身高一米六五 清瘦 深色皮肤 没有朋友
five foot six, lean, dark skin, no friends,
没有行李 没有钱
no baggage, no money.
沙姆斯 你有烟吗
Sheamus, do you have any cigarettes?
没有了
No, I don’t got any more.
希…斯…特…丝 就是“姐妹”那个词
Sisters. S-I-S-T-E-R-S, like “sisters.”
没有留给你们的信 我不可能不记得这名字的
No, uh, nothing. I would have remembered.
那算了 希望没事儿就是好事儿吧
Well, let’s hope no news is good news.
沿着路走下一站是哪里
What’s the next town on the trail?
爱神木溪
Myrtle Creek.
要走多久 – 两天吧
How far? – Two days.
您想买♥♥这个吗
Does that interest you, sir?
这是啥
What is it?
是牙刷 先生
It’s a toothbrush, sir.
保持您的牙齿健康 让您口气清新
To keep your teeth longer and your breath fresher,
跟这个牙粉配套使用
and you use it with this powder.
谢谢
Thank you.
嘿 你这儿有啥鞋啊
Hey. What kind of boots do you have?
我马上就来 先生
I’ll be right with you, sir.
你穿多大号♥ 先生?
What size do you take, sir?

Hmm.
很好喝 是蔬菜汤吗
It’s good. Is it vegetables?
甜菜罗宋汤
Borscht.
我喝到茴香味儿了 – 罗宋汤
I taste dill. – Borscht.
滚出去
Get out!
别这样
Stop!
滚 – 五个 六个…
Get outta here! – Five, six…
七个 八个 九个
Seven, eight, nine…
你们都上哪儿去 上哪儿去啊
Oh, where did you go? Where did you go?
回家吧 蠢货们
Go home, you fools.
垃圾胆小鬼
Fucking cowards!
拜托
Oh come on!
没人想跟查理·希斯特丝
No one wants to measure themselves up
比试一下吗
against Charlie Sisters?
真的没人吗
No one, really?
快点站起来 – 等等
Stand up. Come on. – Wait.
我没事
I’m okay.
别嫌弃我 求你了
Don’t judge me, please.
人人都有不舒服的那么几天
Some days we’re stronger than others.
再来点木板
More planks!
五月十七日 爱神木溪
May 17th, Wolf Creek.
我长途跋涉经过的这片土地 三个月前还是一片荒地
I travel through places that didn’t exist three months ago.
一开始这里只有帐篷 然后有了房♥子
First there are tents, then houses.
再过两个月 有了商店
Then two months later, shops with women
女人们在店里热烈地讨论着面粉价格
fiercely discussing the price of flour.
我看到梭罗说过一句话
I found this line by Thoreau.
“这小镇也开始变为利益的源头…”
“This town too lies out…”
我们以前是不是认识啊
Have we seen each other before?
咱们认识吧
We know each other.
我不认识你诶
No, I don’t think so.
两天前我在爱神木溪见过你
You were in Myrtle Creek two days ago.
哦 对 跟其他人一样
Yes, I was, like many other folk.
哦 那你是要去旧金山吗
Oh. Are you heading to San Francisco?
不 我去杰克逊维尔
No, just to Jacksonville.
去工作吗?
To work?
嗯 – 哦
Yes. – Oh.
还记得那头公牛大闹戏院吗
Remember when that bull charged in the theater?
你呢?
You?
去旧金山?
San Francisco?
去淘金?
Gold?
是 跟其他人一样
Yes, like many other folk.
先生 我能跟您说件事吗
May I tell you something, sir?
说吧
Of course.
T一般来说 当一个人向人问好时
Typically, when a man wishes another man good day,
问好时 他脸上带着笑
he smiles while facing the other person;
但转过身去
but once he passes by,
他马上就会收起笑容 而你不是
the smile drops from his face. Not you.
你转过身去 脸上依旧带着笑
Your smile remains on your lips after you’ve turned away.
我…没注意过 只是尽到礼数而已
Well, I… hadn’t noticed. It’s common courtesy.
不是礼数而已 并不是所有人都会这样
Not only that. Not everybody does it.
你真挚地享受着群体生活和社交
You… take a genuine pleasure in communing with others.
我说得对不对
Am I mistaken?
我真的不知道
I honestly do not know.
中午一起吃饭吧?
Would you like to join me for lunch?
我很乐意 但我身上没什么钱
I would love to, but I’m hard up at the moment.
那当然我请客了
As my guest, of course.
你去杰克逊维尔做什么?
What takes you to Jacksonville?
有一些工作上的事 我要和两个合伙人见面
Business to settle. I’m meeting two associates there.
你准备怎么去南边?
How are you making your way down south?
呃 我搭篷车去
Uh, I have a seat in a covered wagon.
到旧金山去 要走多久?
How long till you get to Frisco?
问题不是我在路上要走多久
The question is not how long before I get there,
而是我能不能完好无损地到达目的地 对吧
the question is what state will I be in when I do, if I do?
实话说
To be honest with you…
我对篷车主人和乘客并不是很信任
…my faith in my hosts is very limited.
他们经常翻看我的行李
They’ve rifled through my belongings several times.
一看到我手里拿着钱 他们的眼睛就变得雪亮
Whenever I take out my money, their eyes are like daggers.
沃姆先生!你不能冒险跟他们一起走
Mr. Warm! You ought to not endanger yourself in that way.
你得更小心才是
You have to be more careful than that.
我又能怎么办
What other choice do I have?
打上马掌 五十块
Fifty, horseshoes included.
三十五块吧
Thirty-five.
三十五块 你也就能买♥♥头骡子
No, 35 is for a mule.
加上马鞍袋和马掌 我给你四十块
Forty, with saddle bag and shoes.
听好了 你要买♥♥马
Listen, you want to buy a horse,
就得付马的价钱呀
you pay the price for a horse.
这破马你根本卖♥♥不出去嘛
You’re never gonna sell this horse.
什么五十块 四十块?这马的胯都废了
Not at 50, not at 40. She has a bad hip.
瞎子都能看出来 四十块吧
Anyone would see that with an eye. Forty.
四十 不能再多了 – 啥玩意?
Forty. – What…?
先生们 我已经找到他了
Gentlemen, I have found him.
我找机会认识了他
I have managed to make his acquaintance
并安排跟他一起旅行
and have arranged to travel with him.
倘若一切顺利
If all goes well,
一周之内 我们会到达杰克逊维尔
we should be in Jacksonville in seven days.
我尽力拖住他 等你们来
I will try to hold him until your arrival
然后找个隐秘的地方 把他交给你们
and find a secluded place to hand him over.
“速来 落款 约翰·莫里斯”
“Make haste. John Morris.”
哟 莫里斯真厉害哟
Well, chalk one up for Morris.
“速来”这词用得真恶心
Even if I don’t like the “make haste.”
他觉得自己是个什么东西啊
Who does that asshole think he is?
他们什么时候走的?
When did they pass through?
四天前
Four days ago.
不从大路走的话 去杰克逊维尔有小道近路吗
Is there a faster way to Jacksonville, off trail?
山上的路更难走一些
Well, it’s rougher to go up the mountains,
但能节省两三天的路程
but you’ll save a couple of days.
雨雾太大 我什么都看不见
The rain muddied it all up. I can’t see a thing.
肯定能找条道回到大路上吧
We must be able to pick up the trail somewhere.
查理
Charlie.
查理 – 躲!猫!猫!
Charlie… – Peek-a-boo!
傻♥逼♥
Damn fool.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!