I have to go. I’m sorry.
我要走了 对不起
Cathy, how about dinner tonight?
卡丝 今晚一起吃饭好吗?
Yeah.
好的
How about tomorrow night? Jack, I said yes to tonight.
明晚呢?别得寸进尺
I know.
我知道
What kind of emergency does a historian have?
历史学家会有什么急事?
He died at 0420 Zulu. 81/2 hours later,
他在上午4时20分逝世
they swore in a new president.
八个半钟后他们有了新总统
Who is he? Alexander Nemerov.
他是谁?尼艾历
You’re kidding. I wrote a paper about him a year ago.
别说笑 一年前我以他大作文章
I said he could be the next guy. I know.
说他会当总统我知道
Nobody read it. They’re reading it now.
没人看过那篇文章现在有了
Who? Cabot.
谁?老卡
I’ve been here 14 months. He doesn’t know what I look…
我来了14个月 他从未见过我…
Are you Ryan? Yes, sir.
你就是杰克·雷恩?是的 局长
What is this? “The Paper Chase”?
怎么回事?是便服日吗?
Sir, my… Come on, we’re late.
局长…快来 我们迟到了
You’re about to breathe air that’s way over your pay grade, so listen.
你这是越级挑战 所以要听好
You’ll be asked for advice. Be sure you know what you’re talking about.
我会问你意见 记得要小心说话
Don’t be afraid to say you don’t know.
不懂的就直说无妨
Choose your words carefully. They could become policy.
小心措词 那可能会成为政策
Hey, you. Give me your coat.
你脱下西装褛
Come on, you’ll get it back.
赶快 稍后还给你
Tie.
领带
So, intelligence committee?
是情报委员会?
I’ve watched these on C-SPAN. Never actually been to one.
我在电视上看过 但没参加过
You’ve never watched one of these on C-SPAN.
你从未在电视上看过这场面
Our most important assessment comes from a source inside the Kremlin.
最重要的线报源自克里姆林宫
In his opinion, Nemerov does not owe his ascension to the military.
线人认为俄军不太听老尼指挥
Everyone has opinions, Mr Cabot.
人人都各有想法
I respect that.
我尊重这一点
This morning, my wife woke up and said I was old, bald and ugly.
今早我太太说我又老又丑
Is that a question, Mr Chairman?
那是提问吗?主席
I told her appearances aren’t everything.
我跟她说外表不是一切
Would you agree? I certainly would.
你同意吗?当然同意
Now, this new fellow, Nezmeroz. Is that his name?
新总统叫莱艾历吗?
Nemerov, sir.
是尼艾历
Despite what your source says, we hear that Nezmeroz is a hardliner.
虽是线报 但据说他是个强硬派
Is he a hardliner?
真有此事吗?
No.

It’s too soon to make that assessment.
这个言之尚早了
According to CNN,
据CNN报导
your Mr Nezmeroz is making promises to rebuild the Russian empire.
尼总统承诺重建俄♥罗♥斯♥帝国
That sounds pretty rash from where I sit.
对我而言 他口气太大了
If I were sitting in Chechnya, I’d be even more worried.
若我在车♥臣♥ 那我还会更担心
Sir, Nemerov only said that to get the hardliners off his back.
老尼只是说 他会清除强硬派
If we leave him alone, Russia will stabilise.
若我们不烦他 俄♥罗♥斯♥会更稳定
When I asked for your advice, I didn’t mean that you should actually speak.
我问你意见 并不代表你可以开腔
Mr Cabot?
卡局长?
Some of our assets in the Russian government who know Mr Nemerov
在俄♥国♥政♥府♥ 了解老尼的线人
have not had a chance to report in.
还没有机会更新情报
I’d like to take a couple of days and gather more information for you
看来花多两天时间 搜集更多资料
before characterising him,
才下定论比较好
but I do maintain my opinion that appearances can be deceiving.
但我仍然相信 外表是可以骗人的
You’re saying I’m wrong?
那你是说我错了?
Absolutely, Mr Chairman.
当然了 主席
I don’t think you’re ugly.
我不觉得你样子很丑
I was out of line. I apologise. Senators don’t like to be surprised.
刚才真失礼参议员不爱惊喜
I hint at what I’m gonna tell them, then I give them a while to get used to it.
我会作暗示、表态 让他们适应
Then I tell them.
然后才告之真♥相♥
I understand. Good.
我明白好极了
But I’m right about Nemerov.
但老尼的事我说对了
Your girlfriend like this stubborn streak in you?
你女朋友喜欢你这么固执?
What?
什么?
Cathy Muller, second year surgical resident,
梅卡丝 第二年住院实习医生
Baltimore Memorial Hospital.
巴尔的摩纪念医院
Welcome to the CIA, sport.
欢迎你加入中情局
Your intelligence is a little flawed. I wouldn’t call her my girlfriend… yet.
你的情报不够准 她不算是女友
What exactly would you call her? Great. Amazing.
那该是什么?棒极了的女孩
She’s just afraid to commit.
她就是害怕承诺
He’s terrified of commitment.
他对承诺害怕极了
A man who’s afraid of commitment after three dates? Alert the media.
约会三次就讲承诺?真是大新闻
I know, I know. So what does he do?
我知道他做哪一行?
He was in the marines before he hurt his back.
他当过海军陆战队 因背伤退役
Now he’s a historian. Yawn.
现在是历史学家闷蛋
No. He works for a think tank across the river.
不 他替一个智囊团做事
Double yawn.
大闷蛋
All right, Rita. Let’s see what you have to say after we meet him tonight.
丽达 等你今晚见过他再说
He’s…
他…
…cute?
英俊吗?
I have fat fingers. Cathy! Cute scale, one to ten.
手指很粗卡丝 他有多帅?
Oh, God. I don’t know.
我不知道
Twelve.
超英俊
Ask them where they found this.
问他们从哪儿找到这个
In the field, in the Golan.
在哥兰高地
There was a lot of fighting there in 1973. Did they witness it?
73年那儿常打仗 他们在场吗?
This one says he lost his son.
这老头说他儿子死掉了
Does he remember, was there a plane shot down?
他记得有飞机被击落吗?
Yes, an Israeli jet, destroyed.
有 以色列战机被毁
This is worthless.
这个不值钱
But tell him I will give him $400… because of his son.
但我会给他四百元…为了他儿子
Thank… thank you.
多…多谢
Thank you.
多谢
Absolutely not. How did you come by it?
你怎么找到这个?
I found her in the attic of an old mansion house in Glasgow.
在格拉斯哥古老大宅的阁楼
Your little trip to the attic has got you a piece worth now about L1,000,
你这次找到值一千镑的宝物
even in this condition, and had she been in better condition, even more.
要是它比较完好 那会更值钱
A jolly nice find.
好一个发现
In fact, what I thought I’d found was a garden ornament.
其实我以为找到一件花♥园♥摆设
Hello, Cathy?
是卡丝吗?
Hi. I’m glad you called. I’m running late.
幸好你来电 我赶不及了
Can you come a half an hour later?
你迟半小时来好吗?
I can’t make it. I’m really sorry.
我不能赴约 对不起
It’s a lastminute work thing. What’s that noise?
临时有急事什么声音?
I’m calling from a plane.
我在飞机上打电♥话♥给你
This just came up. I tried to call you. Where are you going?
我试过找你的你要去哪里?
I can’t tell you that. Jack.
不便相告杰克
You can’t tell me?
你不便相告?
Jack.
杰克
Hold on. Yes, sir? What are you doing?
慢着…怎样?你在做什么?
I had a date tonight, so I had to cancel.
我要取消今晚的约会
Don’t be stupid. Tell her where you’re going. Tell her who you work for.
傻瓜 告诉她你为谁出差好了
She’ll be impressed.
她会另眼相看
OK. I work for the CIA.
好吧 我是替中情局做事的
The director asked me to go with him to Russia to do a nuclear arms inspection.
局长要我陪他去俄♥国♥检查核武
Hello? That is so lame.
喂?这借口真烂
I swear, we get to inspect to make sure they’re decommissioning their arsenal.
我们真的去看他们有否解除核武
Hello?
喂?
Hello?
喂?
Thanks. Thanks a lot.
真是感激不浅
Zdravstvuyte, William Cabot.
你好 比尔·卡伯特
President Nemerov.
尼总统
Pleasure, sir.
幸会 总统先生
May I present Mrs Lathrop.
这是赖太太
Mr President.
总统先生
General Rand. Mr President.
伦上将总统先生
Dr Ryan. Mr President.
雷博士总统先生
You must be the Dr Ryan who’s done such interesting research on me.
就是你以我为题材…作有趣的研究
You should not be surprised. We know quite a bit.
你不该感到意外 我们消息灵通
We know how wrong your report was that I had many girlfriends in college.
说我在大学有很多女友…大错特错

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!