I know about you and Silvana.
我们有什么事
What about us?
你没有必要收拾 完全没必要
You don’t have to clean up! Really!
-比如什么事 -当我没说
– Like what? – Forget it.
她已经怀孕了 你知道吗
She was pregnant. Did you know that?
希瓦娜已经怀孕了
Silvana was pregnant.
你知道在这种地方那意味着什么吗
Do you know what that means in a place like this?
我都已经准备好去承受责备了
I’m prepared to take the blame.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
你一直对我这么好
You’ve been so good to me.
我们就是彼此一直极度渴望拥有的兄弟
You’re the brother I never had. I’m the brother you never had.
我愿意为你做任何事 迪克
I would do anything for you, Dickie.
她之前来找我求助过
She came to me for help.
她需要钱
She needed money.
我没有帮她
I didn’t help her.
我竟然没有帮她
I didn’t help her.
现在她投水自尽了 这都是我的错
Now she’s drowned herself, and it’s my fault.
我一个字都不会说出去的
I’m not going to say anything
不管是对玛吉 警♥察♥还是任何人
to Marge, to the police or anybody.
这是我们之间的秘密 迪克
It’s a secret between us, Dickie.
我一定会严守这个秘密
And I’ll keep it.
“亲爱的汤姆 鉴于迪克跟你去之前一样
“Dear Tom. In view of the fact Dickie shows
没有显露出任何想要回家的迹象…”
no more signs of coming home than before you went…”
“我希望这趟旅程
“I hope that the trip
能够让你感到愉快
has afforded you some pleasure,
尽管主要目的并没有达成
despite the failure of its main objective.
总之 你无须再为我们履行任何职责了”
You no longer should consider yourself obligated to us in any way.”
这也不能怪他
Can’t blame him.
你也不能指望这是一桩长久的差事 汤姆
You could hardly expect this to go on forever, Tom.
你可以再写封信回去
Well, you can write again.
-尤其我们现在已经是兄弟了 -我不能
– Especially now we’re brothers. – I can’t.
我怎么能做这种有失体面的事
How can I, in all decency?
是你自己说的 你在花我父亲的钱
You said it yourself. It’s my dad’s money you’re spending.
我们这段时间已经玩得很开心了 不是吗
We’ve had a great run though, haven’t we?
我们还是可以去威尼斯 继续按原计划进行
Well, we’ll still go to Venice. We could stick to that plan.
算了吧 汤姆
I don’t think so, Tom.
你自己负担不起那个费用 不是吗
You can’t pay your own way, can you?
我们都该向前看了
It’s time we all moved on.
我厌倦蒙吉了 尤其是现在一切都…
I’m sick of Mongi. Especially now, with everything…
我很想搬到北边去
I really want to move to the North.
我下周想去看看圣雷莫怎么样
I need to check out San Remo next week.
去找一个可以停船的新地方
Find somewhere new to keep the boat.
如果你愿意和我去圣雷莫 那真是再好不过
It would be great, though, if you came with me to San Remo.
那里有一个超棒的爵士音乐节
There’s a great jazz festival.
我们可以用时髦的方式告别
We could say goodbye in style.
你觉得怎么样
What do you think?
我们的告别之旅
Our last trip!
当然好
Sure.
下一站是圣雷莫
Prossima stazione è San Remo.
你为什么要那样扭脖子
Why do you do that thing with your neck?
什么啊
What thing?
在火车上你总是使劲扭着脖子
On trains, you always do that thing.
怪吓人的
Spooky.
吓吓吓吓吓吓人
Spook-k-k-k-k-k-ky.
真吓人
Spooky.
圣雷莫
我就跟你说圣雷莫很疯狂吧
Didn’t I tell you San Remo was crazy?
这样才像话 跟我来
This is more like it! Come on!
敬蒙吉贝洛和我此生最快乐的日子
To Mongibello and the happiest days of my life.
敬蒙吉 你今晚真开心
To Mongi. You’re cheerful tonight.
我突然特别高兴能够回去
I’m suddenly quite happy to be going back.
我在普林斯顿大学时认识你吗 汤姆
Did I know you at Princeton, Tom?
我并不认识你 对吧
I don’t think I did, did I?
-你为什么突然这么问 -不为什么
– Why are you asking all of a sudden? – No reason.
可能是因为你要走了吧
Because you’re leaving, I guess.
我觉得你根本没去那里上过学
I don’t think you were there.
-为什么 -我其实是想称赞你
– Why? – I mean it as a compliment.
你非常有品味
You’ve got such great taste.
大部分上过普林斯顿的混球
Most of the thugs at Princeton
什么都见识过 但却没有半点品味
had tasted everything and had no taste.
我以前常说
I used to say,
“他们是美国的奶油 黏腻[富裕]又厚重[蠢笨]”
“The cream of America, rich and thick.”
弗莱迪就是典型代表
Freddie’s the perfect example.
那我就当你是在夸我了
Then I’ll take it as a compliment.
我就知道 我就知道
I knew it! I knew it.
玛吉和我打了个赌
Marge and I had a bet.
你真喜欢爵士乐吗 还是为了讨好我
Do you even like jazz, or was that for my benefit?
-我已经慢慢喜欢上了 -太棒了
– I’ve gotten to like it. – Oh, yes!
我慢慢喜欢上了你一切的生活方式
I’ve gotten to like everything about the way you live.
简直倾慕不已
It’s one big love affair.
如果你了解我在纽约的生活…
If you knew my life back home in New York…
我在考虑放弃萨克斯
I’m thinking of giving up the sax.
你觉得架子鼓怎么样
What do you think about the drums?
-什么 -太帅了
– What? – So cool.
我明天要去租艘船 四处转转
I’m gonna rent a boat tomorrow, take a look around.
我在蒙吉就是这样找到住处的
This is how I found my place in Mongi.
开辆小船出海
Took a boat out…
绕着海湾转转
around the bay,
我第一眼看上的 就拿下
first thing I liked, I got it.
慢点 迪克 别疯了
Come on, Dickie. Don’t go crazy.
-迪克 慢一点 -扶稳了
– Dickie. Slow down! – Hold on!
船要…别 等一下 船要翻了 天呐
It’s gonna… No! Wait a minute! It’s gonna tip! Oh, God!
快停下 了不起 了不起 停下
Stop it! Somebody! Somebody! Stop it!
我爱这里
Oh, I love it here!
我爱这里 我要搬到这里来住
I love it here! I’m gonna move here!
真美
Beautiful.
-我想把我的计划跟你说说 -老天啊
– I want to tell you my plan. – Oh, God!
那就说吧
So tell me.
我想明年回来靠自己闯一闯
Well, I thought I’d come back in the new year under my own steam.
-真的吗 来意大利吗 -当然
– Really? To Italy? – Of course.
我想着… 这么说吧
And I figured, just for argument’s sake,
假如我有一个落脚地
say I got a place.
或者我们合租一栋房♥子
Or say we split the rent on a house,
我可以找份工作
I could get a job,
或者 更好的是 如果我在罗马有房♥子
or, better still, if I got a place in Rome,
那我们想待在那里 就可以待在那里
and then when we’re there, we could be there,
想来这里 就可以来这里
and when we’re here, we could be here.
-恐怕不行 -尤其是在玛吉的问题上
– I don’t think so. – Particularly with the Marge problem.
你可以怪到我头上来
You just blame me.
玛吉和我就要结婚了
Marge and I are getting married.
怎么可能
How?
什么怎么可能
How?
昨天你还在露台上和姑娘眉目传情
Yesterday, you were ogling girls on the terrace.
今天你就要结婚了 那也太荒唐了
Today you’re getting married? That’s absurd.
我爱玛吉
I love Marge.
你爱我 你也没有要娶我啊
You love me. You’re not marrying me.
-汤姆 我并不爱你 -不 我并不是想威胁你
– Tom, I don’t love you. – No, I don’t mean that as a threat.
说实话 你要走了 我总算松了一口气
To be honest, I’m a little relieved you’re going.
我觉得我们最近待在一起的时间够多了
I think we’ve seen enough of each other for a while.
什么
What?
你就像是吸血的蚂蟥
You can be a leech!
你自己也清楚
You know that!
而且…还很无趣
And… it’s boring.
你有时候实在是无趣得很
You can be quite boring.
有意思的是
The funny thing is,
我没有试图伪装成别人 但你却在这么做
I’m not pretending to be somebody else, and you are.
无趣
Boring.
我一向对你坦承我的感受
I’ve been absolutely honest with you about my feelings.
无趣
Boring.
但你 首先
But you… First of all,
我知道我们之间是有点什么的
I know there’s something.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
前一篇文章准备好了没
下一篇文章降临
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!