不会每天问我会不会娶他
and ask me every single day if I’ll marry him…
什么时候娶他
and when.
你有瑞普利先生的照片吗
Do you keep a photograph of Signor Ripley?
我没有随身携带
I’m not in the habit of
男性友人照片的习惯
carrying around photographs of my male friends.
我想我惹你生气了
Now I think I’ve upset you.
抱歉 我的英语用词可能有点粗俗无礼
Sorry. My English, perhaps, is coarse.
是有点无礼 没错
It is a little coarse, yes.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
但自从圣雷莫之后 没人见过瑞普利先生
But you- No one has seen Signor Ripley since San Remo.
-我就见过 -没错 你见过
– I have. – You have, yes.
还有谢伍德小姐 你可以问她
And so has Miss Sherwood. Ask her.
还有
And, um,
如果我能想起他之前住在哪家酒店
if I can remember the name of the hotel he was staying at…
哥尔多尼酒店 汤姆之前住在哥尔多尼酒店
The Goldoni. Tom was staying at the Goldoni.
哥尔多尼 哥尔多尼酒店 好 很好
Goldoni. The Goldoni. Good, good, but…
你说得对
Yes, you are right.
你说得没错 只是巧合
You are right. A coincidence.
我很期待我们的下次见面
I look forward to our next meeting.
下次我会更注意我的英语措辞
When I will be more careful with my English.
有个目击证人说看见两个男人
I have a witness who thinks they saw two men
上了麦尔斯先生的车
getting into Mr Miles’ car.
她想在列队里辨认你
And she wants to identify you in a confronto.
就是疑犯指认 明天没问题吧
Line-up. Tomorrow, then?
明天可以
Tomorrow.
-早上好 谢伍德小姐 -早上好
– Buon giorno, Miss Sherwood. – Buon giorno.
他在家 但他好像不想见任何人
He’s in, but I really don’t think he wants to meet anybody.
迪克
Dick?
迪克
Dickie?
我知道你能听见
I know you can hear me.
我本来想说 我会数到三
I was gonna say that I would count to three,
如果你不开门…
and if you didn’t open the door…
但我不再数数了
But I won’t count any more.
也不再指望你
On you.
我不会再指望你了
I won’t count on you any more.
不管你做了或没做什么
Whatever it is you’ve done or haven’t done,
你都伤透了我的心
you’ve broken my heart.
我知道你至少犯了将我的心伤透的罪
That’s one thing I know you’re guilty of.
我不明白为什么
And I don’t know why.
我不明白为什么 我真的不明白
I don’t know why. I just don’t know why.
“亲爱的汤姆
‘My dear Tom.
我要摆脱这一切
‘I’m getting out of this.
弗莱迪的死 希瓦娜
‘Freddie’s death. Silvana.
我想过跟警♥察♥自首 但我做不到
‘I’ve thought about going to the police, but I can’t do it.
我面对不了
‘I can’t face it.
我无法再面对任何事
‘I can’t face anything any more.
我真希望能将我一直以来不当回事的生活转让给你
‘I wish I could give you the life I took for granted.’
你一直都懂最真实的我 汤姆
‘You’ve always understood what’s at the heart of me, Tom.
玛吉从来不懂
‘Marge never could.
这可能就是我写这封信给你的原因
‘I suppose that’s why I’m writing this to you,
你是我无缘拥有的兄弟
‘the brother I never had.
我唯一拥有过的真朋友
‘The only true friend I ever had.
从各方面来说
‘In all kinds of ways,
你更像是我父亲想要的儿子
‘you’re much more like the son my father wanted.
我意识到你能改变其他人
‘I realize you can change the people,
改变周围的风景
‘change the scenery;
但你无法改变自己腐烂的内心
‘but you can’t change your own rotten self.
现在我想不出该做什么 或去哪里
‘Now I can’t think what to do or where to go.
我所做过的一切 无法弥补的过错 都折磨着我
‘I’m haunted by everything I’ve done and can’t undo.
汤姆·瑞普利收
护照
对不起
‘I’m sorry.
我当迪克·格林里夫当得很失败 不是吗”
‘I’ve made a mess of being Dickie Greenleaf, haven’t I? ‘
汤姆
Tom!
我在那边等你
I’ll see you over there!
很抱歉麻烦你 彼得
I’m so sorry to put you through this, Peter.
我不想独自去警局
I just can’t face going to the police by myself
我的意大利语太差了
when my Italian’s so rotten.
说什么傻话 你说得挺好的
Don’t be so daft. It’s fine.
我很高兴你终于来威尼斯了
I’m delighted you finally made it to Venice.
我很高兴你安然无恙 不像传闻说的那样
I’m delighted, contrary to rumour, that you’re still in one piece.
-什么传闻 -就是…
– What rumour? – Oh, you know.
迪克杀了你 用你的护照出行
That Dickie murdered you and is travelling under your passport.
我知道 很荒谬
I know. It’s ridiculous.
欢迎来到威尼斯
Welcome to Venice.
老天 这里真臭对吧 你能闻到吗
God, this place reeks, doesn’t it? Can you smell it?
总之 我终于弄清为什么要等这么久了
Anyway, I’ve got to the bottom of the delay, finally.
我们要等一个人从罗马过来
We’re waiting for someone from Rome.
什么意思 他们从罗马叫来一个人吗
What do you mean? They’ve sent for someone from Rome?
是的 那是好事 不是吗
Well, yes. That’s good, isn’t it?
不 我以为…意大利不会这样
No, I thought… that didn’t happen in Italy,
每个地区都是各自运作的
that each region is separate.
我本来很肯定… 我读到过…
I was sure that- I’ve read that-
你也看过报纸了 你知道这事闹得有多大
You’ve read the papers. You know what a big deal it’s been.
一名美国游客遇害
American tourist murdered.
我们现在能先别做这事了吗
Actually, can we not do this now?
这里真的臭气熏天
The stench really is-
来自罗马警局
Dalla polizia di Roma.
维罗凯亚总警监
Colonnello Verrecchia.
-谁是瑞普利 -他
– Chi è Ripley? – Lui.
我接手了该案的调查
Ho assunto io la guida dell’indagini.
因为罗夫里尼督察的失职
In segue per quanto è accaduto al tenente Roverini.
他没能阻止格林里夫先生消失
Il quale non è riuscito a impedire la scomparsa del Signore Greenleaf,
而他是麦尔斯先生谋杀案的唯一嫌犯
che è l’unica persona sospettato per l’omicidio del signor Miles.
他现在接管了案子
He’s taken over the case,
因为他们很生气
because they’re annoyed
之前那个负责人让迪克跑了
that the previous chap let Dickie disappear
而他明明是弗莱迪谋杀案的唯一疑犯
when he was, the only suspect in Freddie’s murder.
瑞普利先生最后一次见到格林里夫是什么时候
Quando è stata l’ultima volta che il signore Ripley ha visto Greenleaf?
在罗马 大概三周前
In Rome, about three weeks ago.
这句我听懂了
I knew that one.
在罗马 大概三周前
A Roma, circa 3 settimane fa.
瑞普利先生有同性恋倾向吗
Il Signore Ripley ha sviluppato tendenze omosesuali?
你是同性恋吗
Are you a homosexual?
这推论不合理 但挺有意思
Interesting non sequitur.
不是
No.
不是
No.
顺便说下 按官方说法意大利人当中是没有同性恋的
By the way, officially there are no Italian homosexuals.
这就很难解释米开朗基罗和达芬奇了
Makes Michelangelo and Leonardo very inconvenient.
告诉他 我有个未婚妻
Tell him… I have a fiancée.
迪克也有未婚妻
And Dickie has a fiancée.
而弗莱迪·麦尔斯很可能有好几个未婚妻
And that Freddie Miles probably had a string of them.
瑞普利先生有一个未婚妻
Eeh, il Signore Ripley ha una fidanzata,
迪克先生也有一个未婚妻
e il Signore Dickie ha una fidanzata,
而弗莱迪·麦尔斯很可能有好几个未婚妻
e probabilmente il Signore Freddie Miles ha molte fidanzate.
我的天呐 那么多未婚妻啊
Mamma mia! Quante fidanzate!
-他说什么 -他说”那么多未婚妻啊”
– What did he say? – He says “so many fiancées.”
你是不是先杀了弗莱迪·麦尔斯
Lei ha ucciso prima Freddie Miles
再杀了迪克·格林里夫
dopo Dickie Greeleaf?
他问是不是你杀了弗莱迪·麦尔斯
He’s asking… if you killed Freddie Miles…
-然后又杀了迪克·格林里夫 -不是
– and then killed Dickie Greenleaf. – No!
不 我没先后杀了弗莱迪·麦尔斯和迪克·格林里夫
No, I did not kill Freddie Miles and then kill Dickie Greenleaf.
他是在指控我吗 你…
Is he accusing me? Are you acc…
问他是不是在指控我
Ask him if he’s accusing me.
按这边的行事风格 你最好别太激动
The way it works here, it’s better to be less volatile.
可这太荒谬了
But it’s absurd.
这里不是你们进行私人对话的地方
Non è questo il luogo per le vostore conversazioni private.
明白 明白
Hai ragione, hai ragione.
这里有一封信
C’è questa lettera
是从格林里夫先生在罗马的住处找到的
è stata trovata nell’abitazione del signor Greenleaf a Roma
他们从迪克在罗马的住处找到了这个
They found this in Dickie’s place in Rome.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
前一篇文章准备好了没
下一篇文章降临
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!