那些印第安人
How did these lndians
是怎么知道我们在林子里的
know we were in this neck of the woods anyhow?
当你靠近他们的村子时
When you’re near their villages,
我也不知道什么办法 反正他们就是知道
don’t ask me how, they just know.
什么事
What’s up?
他坚持要我们返回他的村子做客
He’s insisting we return to his village and be his guests.
跟他说算了吧 跟他说他不欠我们什么
Tell him to forget it. Tell him he don’t owe us a thing.
如果他不还清他的债 所有的神都会生气的
If he doesn’t pay off his debt all the saints will be angry.
这可不是好笑的事
This is no laughing matter.
恐怕他下定决心要带我们回去了
I’m afraid he’s determined to take us with him,
甚至不惜使用武力
even if it means force.
我来处理
I’ll handle this.
等一下
Wait a minute.
你们不能这种方式开路 把枪收起来
You can’t fight your way out of this. Put your guns away.
山上所有的印第安人都会来追杀我们
Have every lndian in the mountain on our trail.
不过半小时我们的头皮就会被剥掉
We’d be scalped in half an hour.
他又在说什么
What’d he say then?
你们去不去无所谓 但我必须去
It didn’t make any difference about you guys but I have to come.
-好像是他们只想让你去 -看起来像
– It’s like that, he just wants you. – Looks like it.
你为什么不跟他们走
Why don’t you go with them?
住上几天 我们在多伦哥城碰面 我们在那里等你
Stay a few days and we’ll meet you in Durango. We’ll wait there.
-我的东西怎么办 -干嘛不自己带在身边
– What about my goods? – Why don’t you take them with you.
万一他们忘了
If they found out they might forget
他是尊贵的客人而把他杀了…
he was their honored guest and bump him off.
我该怎么办 把它们倒在地上
What’ll I do? Dump them on the ground?
如果你愿意我们可以给你带着
We’ll take them with us
在多伦哥等你
if you want us to and wait for you in Durango.
我想这是唯一的办法了
I reckon that’s about the only solution.
我打赌你下次做好事时
I bet you’ll remember this
会记住这个的
the next time you try to do a good deed.
也许我跟他们住一段时间 他们会送我一匹马
Maybe after I’ve stayed with them they’ll give me a horse.
那样我一两天就能赶上你们了
Then I’ll be a day or two behind you.
那可太好了 祝你好运 霍华德
That’ll be swell. Good luck, Howard.
对 世上所有的好运
Yeah, all the luck in the world.
没有你 我们会觉得孤单的
We’ll be lonesome without you.
但我的老师说过
But my Sunday school teacher used to say:
“在这个悲哀的生活中 你应该学会忍♥受失望”
“You got to learn to swallow disappointments in this sad life.”
快点来赶上我们
Hurry up and join us.
小心那些印第安女人 他们告诉我你很帅
Look out for those lndian dames. They tell me they’re smart.
他们中的一个可能要嫁给你
One of them squaws might marry you.
也许我正要那样做呢
Maybe I’ll do just that.
挑一个漂亮的跟她成亲
Pick out a good- looking squaw and marry her.
她们很容易养活
They’re easy to dress,
而且她们也不会对你唠唠叨叨
feed and entertain. They don’t nag at you, either.
再见 拍档
So long, partners.
多伦哥见了
See you in Durango.
是不是他的驴子总是不走直线…
Ain’t it always his burros that won’t march in line…
在树上和石头上
stray off the trail and smash their packs
蹭破包裹
against the trees and rocks?
真希望他们偏离的远一点
I wish they’d stray off far enough
直接掉到2千英尺的山谷里
to fall down about 2,000 feet of gorge.
你为什么要提出帮他运东西
Why’d you offer to carry his goods for him?
就好像他自己不能管好似的
As if he couldn’t manage by himself.
把它们交给我们时 他知道他在做什么
He knew what he was doing when he turned them over to us.
他可真是聪明 是不是
Mighty cute of him, wasn’t it?
抱怨那个老头有什么用
What’s the use of railing against the old man?
没有任何好处
It won’t do any good.
省省力气走下一段路吧
Save your breath for the next piece of trail.
我要在这里过夜
I’m stopping here for the night.
如果你想继续走也可以
If you want to go on it’s okay with me,
但是你来照看他的驴子
but take his burros with you.
它们不用我来负责的
They ain’t my responsibility.
现在还早 天黑前我们还能走四五英里
It’s early. We can make four, five miles more before dark.
没人命令你留下
Nobody ordered you to stay here.
你能走20英里也与我无关
You can go 20 miles more for all I care.
命令我
Ordered me?
就凭你
You?
谁要命令谁啊
Who’s ordering who to do anything?
你说话就像你是头似的
You talk like you’re boss of this outfit.
也许你是 你也可以这么说
Maybe you are, let’s hear you say it.
好吧 如果你走不动的话
All right, if you can’t go any further.
谁说我走不动了 不要搞笑了
Who says I can’t? Don’t make me laugh.
我能走像你这样的笨蛋走的4倍远
I can go four times as far as a mug like you.
可我不想走 我想走我就可以
But I don’t want to. I could if I want to,
但我现在不想走了 怎么着
but I don’t want to, see, mug?
抱怨有什么用
What’s the use of hollering?
我们为了小事争吵
We’re started on something
现在该结束了 不管你喜不喜欢
and we’ve got to finish it, like it or not.
我们在这里露营吧
We’ll camp here.
不知道那老头现在在干什么
Wonder what the old man’s doing now.
也许吃着烤熟的火鸡
Eating a meal of roast turkey
喝着龙舌兰酒呢
and drinking a bottle of tequila probably.
这是我们没有他的帮助过的第一天
This is the first day we’ve had to manage without his help.
我们一旦熟悉了 就会简单了
Once we get the hang of it, it’ll be easier.
你想我们离铁路还有多远
How far away do you suppose the railroad is?
-没有乌鸦飞的远 -我们不是乌鸦
– Not so far as the crow flies. – We ain’t crows.
我想我们需要两天多的时间到大路上…
I figure we can reach the high- pass in two days more…
然后需要三四天的时间才到铁路
then it’ll be three or four days to the railroad.
当然这还不算上路上碰上什么倒霉事
That’s figuring no hard luck on the trail, of course.
有什么好笑的 杜比西
What’s the joke, Dobbsie?
你不想让我知道吗
Aren’t you going to let me in on it?
告诉你 我当然会的
In on it? Sure I will.
当然
Sure.
快 说出来 有什么好笑的
Go ahead, spill it. What’s so funny?
我在想那头老笨蛋把东西都让我们保管…
I was thinking what a bonehead play that old jackass made…
-这是个多蠢的错误啊 -你什么意思
– when he put all his goods in our keeping. – What do you mean?
他想让我们给他出力干活 不是吗
Figured he’d let us do his sweating for him, did he?
-我们就让他看看 -你想干什么
– We’ll show him. – What are you getting at?
你不明白吗 这都是我们的了
Can’t you see? It’s all ours.
我们不回多伦哥了 根本不用
We don’t go back to Durango at all. Not at all.
我不明白
I don’t follow you.
别这么笨好不好 你是哪里出生的
Don’t be such a sap. Where did you ever grow up?
好吧 为了照顾像你这样的笨蛋…
All right, to make it clear to a dumbhead like you…
我们拿走他所有的东西 然后径直向北走
we take all his goods and go straight up north
什么也不给他留下
and leave the jackass flat.
你不是说真的吧
You aren’t serious, are you?
你不是真要这样干吧
You don’t really mean what you are saying.
佛瑞德 杜比西从来不说不认真的话
Fred C. Dobbs don’t say nothing he don’t mean.
只要我在这里还能动弹
As long as I’m here and can do anything,
你就别想碰他的东西
you won’t touch the old man’s goods.
我完全知道你的意思
I know exactly what you mean.
你想全部拿走 连我的也不放过
You want to take it all for yourself and cut me out.
不 我只是站在那老头的一边
No, I’m on the level with the old man,
如果你不在 也会站在你这面的
like I’d be with you if you weren’t here.
算了吧
Get off your soapbox.
在这种地方这么说 只会觉得特别愚蠢
You only sound foolish out here in this wilderness.
我知道你要干什么
I know you for what you are.
好长时间我就怀疑你
For a long time I’ve had my suspicions about you
现在看来我是对的
and now I know I’ve been right.
-怀疑什么 -你瞒不住我
– What suspicions? – You’re not putting anything over on me.
我早就看透你了
I see right through you.
你早就想
For a long time you’ve wanted to bump me off
找机会杀了我…
at the first opportunity…
把我像野狗一样埋在这里
and bury me out here in the bush like a dog…
那样你就不仅能取走那老头的
so you could take not only the old man’s goods
顺便还有我的
but mine in the bargain.
等你平安到了多伦哥 你就会放声大笑…
When you get to Durango safely you’ll have a big laugh…
笑我和老头是多么愚蠢
thinking how dumb the old man and I were.
你再动一动我就开枪了
You make another move towards me and I’ll pull the trigger.
把手举起来 快点 举起来
Now, get your hands up. Come on, get them up.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章午夜牛郎
下一篇文章十诫(1956)
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!