换些手榴弹
right now for a few hand grenades.
你最好回到你的位置
You’d better get to your posts.
他们逃跑了
They’re beating it.
-你猜是怎么回事 -我和你一样迷惑
– What do you make of that? – Your guess is as good as mine.
等一下 这可能是引诱我们出去的诡计
Wait a minute, this may be some trick to lure us out.
我觉得不是
I don’t think so.
他们不是那种能演这出好戏的人
They ain’t good enough actors for this kind of a trick.
嘿 伙计们 上来看看
Hey, partner. Up here.
有出好戏
Here’s a sight if there ever was one.
是联邦部队 快看 我真想去亲他们每人一口
Federales, Look at them. I could kiss every one of them.
他们一定是从村民那里
They must’ve gotten it from
听说有强盗到这里来了
the villagers there were bandits headed here.
为什么他们不在这里等着 跟他们干一仗
Why don’t they wait here, make a fight of it?
他们知道所有的计策
They know all the tricks that’s why.
有我们在后面 跟联邦部队对面
With us behind and the federales facing them,
他们不会有机会的
they wouldn’t have a chance.
去抓住他们 追他们 捆住他们
Go get them, sick them, tie them.
把他们嚼碎了 不要吐出来 咽下去
Chew them up and don’t spit them out. Swallow them.
我是不是很高兴
Am I happy.
说实话 我忍♥了半天了
Tell you the truth, I was already eating dirt.
不知道他是干什么的
I wonder who he is.
不知还有没有亲人
And if he’s got any folks.
你想他有吗
Supposing he has?
我们看看他的东西
Let’s take a look at his belongings.
几百比索
A few hundred pesos.
名字叫詹姆斯 科迪 住在德克萨斯州的达拉斯
Name’s James Cody. Dallas, Texas.
还有从达拉斯来的信 一定是他的家信
A letter from Dallas, too. It must be his home.
我想是他的女人
Reckon she’s his girl.
不错
Not bad.
“亲爱的吉米 来信收悉
“Dear Jim: Your letter just arrived.
“这么久没消息 一下收到你的信…
“lt was such a relief to get word after so many months of…
“真是一种安慰
“silence.
“我当然知道…
“l realize, of course, that…
“荒郊野外的…
“there aren’t any mailboxes that you can drop a letter in…
“邮箱不多 寄信不便.”
“out there in the wild.”
还是你来念吧
You better read it.
“但这还是不能让我停止担心你
“But that doesn’t keep me from worrying about you.
“小吉米很好
“Little Jimmy is fine,
但他跟我一样想念你
but he misses his daddy almost as much as I do.
“他总是不停的问 ‘爸爸什么时候回来 ‘
“He keeps asking, ‘When’s Daddy coming home?’
“你说这次再不能找到金矿…
“You say if you do not make a real find this time…
“你就不会离开家了
“you’ll never go again.
“如果你说的是真的…
“l cannot begin to tell you how my heart rejoices…
“我简直无法表达心中的喜悦
“at those words, if you really mean them.
“现在我真实的告诉你…
“Now I feel free to tell you…
“我一直觉得 任何物质上的财富…
“I’ve never thought any material treasure…
“都抵不上
“no matter how great,
这么长时间分离的痛苦
is worth the pain of these long separations.
“今年的乡下特别的可爱
“The country is especially lovely this year.
“今年的春天真是风调雨顺 充足的雨水 很少下霜
“It’s been a perfect spring. Warm rains and hardly any frost.
“水果树都开花了
“The fruit trees are all in bloom.
“从上面看红的像是一团火
“The upper orchard looks aflame…
“从下面看 就像是下花瓣雨
“and the lower, like after a snowstorm.
“大家都盼着有个好收成
“Everybody looks forward to big crops.
“我真希望收获的季节你能回来
“l do hope you are back for the harvest.
“当然 我希望你最后能发大财
“Of course, I’m hoping that you will at last strike it rich.
“幸运之神早就该…
“lt is high time for luck…
“对你微笑了
“to start smiling upon you.
“就算没有 …
“But just in case she doesn’t…
“也要记住 我们已经发现生命中真正的财富了
“remember we’ve already found life’s real treasures.
“永远爱你的 海伦”
“Forever yours, Helen.”
我想我们最好挖个坑把他埋了
I guess we better dig a hole for him.
-对 不是很好 -不如昨天的好
– Yeah, not so good. – Not so good as yesterday.
想知道我的看法吗 从现在起会一天比一天少了
Want my opinion? It’ll be a lot less from now on.
我们把这座山上的金子都挖完了
We’ve taken all the gold this mountain has.
你看我们今天得到了多少
How much do you figure we got today?
没有我们预期的多 不到4万美元
Not as much as we were aiming to collect. Not $40,000.
我愿意降低我的标准
I’m willing to lower my hindsight.
我们每人都有3万5千美元了
We’ve got upwards of $35,000 apiece.
要我说 我们应该很感激了
I tell you, we ought to be plenty thankful.
我们现在收手 收拾行礼离开吧
Let’s call it quits and pack up and leave.
我想还是越快越好
The sooner the better as far as I’m concerned.
我也不想再他妈的等了
I don’t want to keep that dame waiting.
埋上矿井
It’ll take a week to break the mine,
把山弄回原形也要1个星期
put the mountain back in shape.
什么弄回原形
Do what to the mountain?
让山看起来就像我们刚来时的样子
Make her look like she was before we came.
我不明白
I don’t get it.
我们弄伤了这个地方 给她疗伤是我们的责任
We wounded this place. It’s our duty to close her wounds.
至少我们要对她给我们的财富…
The least we can do to show our gratitude…
表达我们的感激之情
for all the wealth she’s given us.
要是你们不帮我 我就自己干
If you guys don’t want to help me, I’ll do it alone.
你说起山来就像说个女人
You talk about that mountain like it was a real woman.
她比起我所认识的女人可好多了
She’s been a lot better to me than any woman I ever knew.
别着急 老头 我会帮你的
Keep your shirt on, old- timer. Sure, I’ll help you.
我想一切都准备好了
I reckon that’s about everything.
每人的驴子驮着自己的东西
Each man’s burros with his goods
自己对自己的东西负责
will be his own responsibility.
走吧
Come on.
再见了 大山 谢谢
Goodbye, mountain, and thanks.
对 谢谢 大山
Yeah, thanks, mountain.
我开始想念她了
I’ve been thinking about her.
我是说科迪的遗孀 还有他的孩子
Cody’s widow, I mean, and the kid.
你知道吗
You know what?
我们应该给他们四分之一
We ought to give them a fourth
就像他从一开始就是我们一伙的
just as if he’d been our partner from the start.
什么 我们所有的四分之一
What? A fourth of all our goods?
-对 -你疯了吗
– That’s right. – Are you crazy?
要不是他 我们可能都不会活着走出这大山
If not for him, we wouldn’t have walked away from that mountain.
去问问霍华德
Ask Howard.
秃鹰光吃我们就吃饱了
The buzzard would have gotten fat on us all right.
对 就像他早就是我们的一员
Yeah, it might just as well have been one of us.
但他不是 这只是我们运气好 而他的运气背
But it wasn’t. It’s our good luck and his bad.
不管你们怎么做 我都要给他我的1/4
Whatever you guys do, I’m going to give a fourth.
总之我得到的比我需要的要多
I got more than I need, anyhow.
一半就够我过好下半辈子了
Half what I got is enough to last me out.
四分之一 好
Fourth?Sure.
你们两个一定是在信仰复兴会上出生的
You two guys must have been born in a revival meeting.
我们有同伴了
We got company.
别动 孩子们
Steady, boys.
给他们咖啡
Coffee.
给他些烟草
Give him some tobacco.
他们把他们的给我们 真搞不懂
We give them our tobacco, they give us theirs, I don’t get it.
干嘛不各人抽各人的
Why not everybody smoke his own?
拿一些 然后谢谢他们
Take some and thank them.
他们在找东西
They’re after something.
他们要等上一会儿才能说到正题
Takes them a while to come to the point.
立刻说出自己想要什么
To say what you want right off the bat
在印第安人看来是不礼貌的
isn’t considered polite among lndians.
他们除了有时间就没东西了
They got nothing but time?
他的孩子落水了 他们把他救了上来
His boy fell in the water, they fished him out.
-他没有死 但是没有醒过来 -真是难办
– He ain’t dead, but he just won’t come to. – Tough.
我要去看看那个孩子
I’ll go have a look at the boy.
我很快就回来 可能天亮之前
I’ll be back in a little while. Before morning, probably.
我不在 帮忙看好我的东西
Look after my goods while I am gone.
龙舌兰酒
Tequila.
人工呼吸真的有用 还有点童子军的窍门
Artificial respiration did it and a few Boy Scout tricks.
我想大部分是吓坏了而不是淹着了
I think it was more shock than drowning.
他没有喝下多少水
He hadn’t swallowed much water.
可能是落水时吓晕了
Maybe he was stunned while diving.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章午夜牛郎
下一篇文章十诫(1956)
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!