何况这个地方的金块
and this is the country
哭着喊着…
where the nuggets of gold are crying for you…
等我们把他们从地下挖出来 让他们在手中金币…
to take them out of the ground, make them shine in coins…
和女人脖子的首饰上闪闪发光
on the fingers and necks of swell dames.
还有
One thing,
住在户外比在坦皮科要便宜
living in the open is cheaper than it is here in Tampico.
我们的钱花的时间也长
Our money’d last longer.
时间越长
The longer it lasts,
我们挖到金子的机会也越大
the greater our chance of digging something up would be.
我们还需要些装备
We’d have to have equipment, all right.
镐头 铲子 铁锅 驴子
Picks and spades, pans, burros.
不知道这些要花多少钱
Wonder how much it would all cost.
那个老头会知道的
That old man would know.
对 他会给我们些指导
Yeah, he could give us some pointers.
他太老了走不动 我们还要背着他
He’s too old to take along. We’d have to pack him on our backs.
你可不要小瞧那些老头
You can’t tell about some of those old guys.
有时他们坚强的吓你一跳
It’s surprising sometimes how tough they are.
我不知道金子在地下是什么样子的
I don’t know what gold looks like in the ground.
我只在珠宝店的橱窗和人的嘴里见过
I’ve only seen it in jewelry store windows and people’s mouths.
你知道怎么探矿吗
You know anything about prospecting?
真用的着的时候就觉得不够了
Not much when you come right down to it.
我们还真需要
We might have real use for
像那个老头那样的有经验的人呢
an experienced guy like that old-timer.
我们现在就去找他
Let’s go hunt him up right away.
我也去吗 这是什么问题 我当然要去了
Will I go? What a question. Of course I’ll go.
每时每刻我都等着有人来问我
Any time, any day, I was waiting for somebody to ask me.
去挖金子怎么样 乐意为您效劳
Out for gold? I’m always at your service.
我银行里有300美元钱
I got $300 ready cash in the bank.
其中200美元是用来投资的
$200 of it all set to invest.
这是我最后的钱了 这些花完了 我也就完了
Last money I got. When it’s gone, I’m finished.
如果不冒险 怎么能赢得游戏呢
If you don’t take a risk, you can’t make a game.
你们可以提供多少钱
How much dough you guys got to put in?
我有150美元 科汀也是
I’ve got $150 and Curtin’s got the same.
500美元是不够买♥♥工具
$500 ain’t hardly enough to buy tools,
武器和必备的供给的
weapons and essential provisions.
我们要武器干什么
What do we need weapons for?
要防野兽 还有强盗
Meat’s one thing and bandits another.
我们要去的地方是强盗的地盘
Bandit country’s where we’d be going.
我们一共需要600美元
We need $600 between us.
-这么多 -你不能再加点
– That much? – Can’t you dig up any more?
一分不能加了
Not a red cent.
给我钱 先生
Give me my money, senor!
我要得到所卖♥♥中奖彩票的10%
10% I get for selling the winning ticket.
滚开!
Get away from me, will you?
求你了 先生 无论是谁抽了幸运数字…
Please, senor. Whoever draws the lucky number…
都会给卖♥♥票的一份礼物的
gives a present to the seller…
我不会再买♥♥彩票了!
I don’t want any lottery ticket!
如果你不给 下半辈子会走背运的
If you don’t, you have bad luck the rest of your life.
什么 等等 你刚才说什么
What? Wait a minute. What did you first say?
嗨 他在告诉你他卖♥♥给你了一张中奖的彩票
Why, he’s trying to tell you he sold you the winning ticket.
嘿 等等
Hey, wait a minute.
你说的是真的
This what you mean?
-你说中奖了 -200比索奖金
– You say it’s the winner? – 200 peso prize.
在哪
Where?
-是我的数 -肯定是
– That’s my number. – Sure enough.
快看看这个胖乎乎的富态的印刷字
Just look at that fat, rich, printed number.
真是可爱 200比索
That’s the kind of sugar poppa likes. 200 pesos.
欢迎你 可爱的美元
Welcome, sweet little smackeroos.
给 孩子 这是我给你的礼物
Here, son, here’s a present for you with my blessing.
你要握一下买♥♥中彩票的手吗
Would you like to shake the hand that bought that ticket?
-祝贺你 -也祝贺你
– Congratulations. – Congratulations, yourself.
你会跟我一样因为这个而受益的
You stand a profit out of this the same as I do.
你什么意思
How do you make that out?
他刚才不是说我们需要600美元吗
Didn’t he just say we needed $600?
我们现在有了 不是吗
That’s what we’ve got now, ain’t it?
-对 但是… -但是什么
– Yeah, but… – But what?
你为什么要帮我
Why are you putting up for me?
这是个”福祸同当”的提议
This is an all- or- nothing proposition.
如果我们找到了金子 我们就可以用百元美钞点烟
If we make a find, we’ll be lighting our cigars with $100 bills.
如果没有 你和我之间的差别…
If not, the difference between what you and I put up…
也不足以让我离开今天下午我们在的地方
ain’t enough to keep me from being where I was this afternoon:
坐在那里用裤子打磨长椅
Polishing a bench with the seat of my pants.
说定了 拍档
Put her there, part.
我们要在珀拉买♥♥驴子
We’ll buy our burros at Perla
离开铁路向西北方向走
and head northwest away from the railroad.
只在铁路或者任何公路附近找…
It’s no use looking near a railroad…
是没有什么用的
or any kind of a road at all…
因为在修路的时候
because construction engineers examine
那些建筑工程师…
every bit of ground around the road…
早就把这里勘测透了
while they’re building them.
我们要去那些没路可走…
We got to go where there’s no trails…
那些调查员或懂探矿的人
where no surveyor or anyone who knows
没去过的地方
anything of prospecting has been before.
最好是去那些…
The best place to go to is…
领薪水的人不会去的地方
where any salaried person wouldn’t go,
因为他们才不会去冒这个险
because he wouldn’t want to risk his hide.
我打死3个! 你呢
I got three of them! How many did you get?
-两个 -我多一个 我打赌我比你打死的多
– A couple. – I’m one up. I bet I got more than you did.
我打死3个 枪法不错吧
I got three. Nice shooting?
弹孔离我的头只有两英寸远 真够近的
That bullet hole’s two inches from my head. That was close.
子弹就从这里密集的飞过
The bullets were sure flying thick and fast in here.
就像有群蜜蜂在这里飞
It sounded like a swarm of bees here.
那个带金色帽子的强盗
That bandit with the gold hat,
我看见他了 还很英俊呢
I had my sights on him, nice as you please.
火车晃动了一下 我错过了 希望打中他了
The train gave a jolt and I missed. Wish I’d got him.
铁轨上有块大石头 所以火车停下来了
Big boulder on the track so train stop.
强盗一定很吃惊
Bandits got big surprise
因为车上有士兵等着他们呢
because soldiers on the train waiting for them.
被打死的乘客不多
Not many passengers get killed.
这就是我们要去的地方
Here’s where we’re bound for.
没有标明这里是山 沼泽还是沙漠
Don’t show whether there’s mountain, swamp or desert.
这说明画地图的人也不知道
That shows the makers of the map don’t know.
一到了地上 我们张开眼 四处看看
Once on the ground, we open our eyes and look around.
深吸一口气 不管你们信不信 我知道有个人…
Blow our noses, too. Believe it or not, I knew a fellow…
他能闻到金子的味道 就像驴子能闻到水一样
who could smell gold like a jackass can smell water.
他说什么
What’s all that about?
我们要去的地方非常荒凉 非常危险
We’re going into country very wild and dangerous.
需要在丛林中开路…
Have to cut through jungles…
翻过比云还要高的山
and climb mountains so high they rise above the clouds.
那里的老虎嘴里叼着驴子
Tigers so strong they can climb trees
能爬树 好极了
with burros in their mouths. Good.
很高兴听到这么夸张的故事…
Glad to hear such tall tales ’cause…
这说明很少有外面来的人去过那里
it means few outsiders have set foot there.
好了 我们走吧
Well, let’s get going.
如果那些山上有金子
If there was gold in them mountains,
他们形成有多少年了
how long would it have been there?
有数百万年了吧 是不是
Millions and millions of years, wouldn’t it?
那你急什么
What’s our hurry?
早到几天和晚到几天有什么区别
A couple of days more or less ain’t going to make any difference.
还记得你在坦皮科说过的…
Remember what you said back in Tampico…
我们要背着那个老头走的话吗
about having to pack that old man on our backs?
那是我以为他是个普通的人…
That was when I took him for an ordinary human being…
可没想过他像个山羊一样
not part goat.
看他爬山的劲头 你行吗
Look at him climb, will you?
他怎么能整天在太阳底下走
What gets me is how he can go all day in the sun
而不用喝水
without any water.
也许跟骆驼相像
Maybe he’s part camel, too.
如果我早知道探矿会这样…
If I’d known what prospecting meant…
我就宁愿呆在坦皮科 等另一份工作出现
I’d have stayed in Tampico and waited for another job to turn up.
-怎么回事 -看
– What’s the matter? – Look.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章午夜牛郎
下一篇文章十诫(1956)
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!