看他闪闪发光 还是黄色的 就像…
Look at it glitter. It’s yellow, too, like…
黄金
Gold.
回来 我们发现东西了
Come back, we’ve found something!
看 科汀 有矿纹 这里 在石头上
Look, Curt, there’s a vein of it, here, in this rock.
看这里 看 周围都有
Look here. Look, it’s all around.
这还能是什么呢
What else could it be?
只有金子才像这样闪闪发光
Only gold shines and glitters like that.
我们找到了 科汀
We’ve struck it, Curt.
看 从表面看…
Look, from the looks of things…
我们发财了
we’ve struck it rich.
看 这里到处都是
Look, it’s all over here.
-我们找到了一种…你把他们叫什么 -主矿脉
– We found a what do you call it… – Mother lode.
-对 -霍华德!
– That’s right. – Howard!
快来 看
Come on. Look.
这里 看这些石头 很多黄金 有矿脉
Here, look at this rock. It’s full of gold. Veins of it.
这种东西一车也顶不了你一顿饭钱
This stuff wouldn’t pay your dinner for a carload.
这不是黄金
It ain’t gold?
黄铁矿 傻子的黄金
Pyrite. Fool’s gold.
这里不会有大量真的金矿石的
Not that there ain’t plenty of the real stuff here.
我们从这里走过不下四五次了
We’ve walked over it four or five times.
昨天有个地方看起来好像还是富矿区 可是…
A place yesterday looked like rich diggings, but the water…
淘金的水却有11英里远
for washing the sand was 1 1 miles away.
其他的地方
The other places,
金子的数量还不如付我们的工资多
there wasn’t much gold to pay us a good day’s wages.
下次发现宝藏 到处泼水前…
Next time you strike it rich, holler for me…
告诉我一声 水是很宝贵的
before you start splashing water around. Water’s precious.
有时它可比黄金还贵重
Sometimes it can be more precious than gold.
驴子
Burro.
-怎么回事 -北风 好像是
– What’s up? – Norther, looks like.
北风 什么北风
A “norther”? What’s a “norther”?
每年这个时候都有北边吹来的大风…
Big winds from the north this time of year…
他们厉害起来
when they blow hard,
能把这个沙漠吹个底朝天
this desert country stands right up on its hind legs!
只有几英里宽
There’s only a few more miles of this heavy stuff.
很快我们就可以走出这个山谷了
Pretty soon we’ll be out of this valley.
你们两个 要不要豆子吃
You fellows, how about some beans?
要吃豆子吗
You want some beans?
明天要穿过些更难走的丘陵
Going through some mighty rough country tomorrow.
你们最好吃点东西
You better have some beans.
你知道我在想什么吗
You know what I’m thinking?
我想我们应该放弃…
I’m thinking we ought to give up…
所有的装备…
Ieave the whole outfit…
什么都不留
everything behind.
立刻回城里去
Go back to civilization.
你说什么 回去 去跟你老奶奶说吧
What’s that you say? Go back? Tell my old grandmother!
我有两个一流的同伴
I got two elegant bedfellows
他们下第一滴雨时欢呼雀跃…
who kick at the first drop of rain…
等到打雷了却躲到壁橱里去了
and hide in the closet when thunder rumbles.
多么伟大的探矿者啊
What great prospectors.
两个鞋店职员把探矿当成了…
Two shoe clerks reading about prospecting for gold…
在北极圈
in the Land of the Midnight Sun,
国界以南或者落基山以西找黄金
south of the border or west of the Rockies.
闭上你的嘴 否则我把你脑袋拍平了
Shut your trap or I’ll smash your head flat!
来啊 打啊 真要这样
Go ahead, throw it. If you did,
你们谁也不会活着走出这个地方
you’d never leave this place alive.
没有我 你们两个都会死在这里 比老鼠还要可怜
Without me, you two would die here more miserable than rats.
不要管他 你看不出这个老头疯了吗
Leave him alone. Can’t you see the old man’s nuts?
疯了 我来告诉你们吧 两个好伙计
Nuts, am l? Let me tell you something, my fine bedfellows.
没有什么能跟你们比
There’s nothing to compare you with.
你们比最蠢的驴还要蠢
You’re dumber than the dumbest jackass.
看看你们两个
Look at each other.
你们以前见过你们这样的蠢货吗
Did you ever see anything like yourself for being dumb specimens?
你们太蠢了…
You’re so dumb…
你们甚至看不到
you don’t even see the riches
你们正双脚站在财宝山上
you’re treading on with your own feet.
不要期望去发现什么熔化的天然黄金
Don’t expect to find nuggets of molten gold.
那东西可不多 这里还不是挖掘的地方
It’s not that rich. Here ain’t the place to dig.
他们来自更远的其它地方 在那边
It comes from someplace further up. Up there.
那里就是我们要去的地方
Up there’s where we’ve got to go.
-是这个吗 -就是这个 好了
– ls that it? – That’s it, all right.
我是说 黄金
Gold, I mean.
当然跟我想象的不一样
Sure don’t look like I thought it would.
跟沙子没什么区别
Not much different from sand.
对 就像普通的沙子
Yeah. It’s just like plain sand.
也不闪光 我以为会发光的
It don’t glitter. I thought it would.
等别人把它精制后就会发光了
It will when it’s refined by some other guy.
我们需要做的就是把他们挖出来 带回家
All we got to do is mine it and get it back there.
金子可不像河床上的石头
Gold ain’t like stones in a riverbed.
他们也不会哭着喊着让你去拣
It don’t cry out to be picked up.
你们要学会识别它
You got to know how to recognize it.
发现还不是全部 还有好多事情要做
The finding ain’t all. Not by a long shot.
需要知道怎么胳肢她 让她笑出声音来
Got to know how to tickle her so she’ll come out laughing.
对 相当丰富 成色也很好
Yeah, it’s mighty rich. It’ll pay good.
-有多好 -大约一吨♥含20盎司黄金
– How good? – About 20 ounces to the ton.
-一盎司20美元 -我们一周能挖多少吨♥
– That’s $20 an ounce. – How many tons can we handle a week?
那要看我们怎么个干法了
Depends on how hard we work.
我们最好把帐篷扎在山腰上
We better pitch our camp down the mountainside.
为什么 挖矿时就在这里吗
Why, when the digging’s here?
要是有人来
Anyone comes by,
我们就说我们是猎人 能逃脱处罚
we say we’re hunters, and get away with it maybe.
申请个开采证会不会更容易
Wouldn’t it be easier to file a claim?
很容易 但无利可图
Easier but not so profitable.
大矿场的人很快就会来到这里…
An emissary from a big mining company would be here soon…
手里拿着图纸 说我们没有权利在这里挖矿
with a paper in his hand showing we had no right to be here.
就要成为私人财产了 摸上去感觉如何
How does it feel to be men of property?
水桶一开始会漏水…
The tanks’ll leak some at first…
等到木板开始膨胀就会把缝隙合死的
until the boards begin to swell and close the seams.
关于采矿我一开始有些荒唐的想法
I sure had some cockeyed ideas about prospecting for gold.
我以为全部功夫都在”寻找”上
It was all in the finding, I thought.
我以为你只要找到它 捡起来 放到兜里…
I thought you just had to find it, pick it up, put it in sacks…
把它带到最近的银行就可以了
and carry them off to the nearest bank.
你学的很好 很快我就没什么可教的了
You’re learning. Pretty soon I won’t be able to tell you a thing.
-水桶满了没有 -刚满
– Tank full yet? – Right to the top.
打开水闸
Open the sluice gate.
你看现在有多少了
How much do you figure it to be now?
大概值5千美元
About $5,000 worth, I reckon.
我们什么时候他们分了
When are we going to start dividing it up?
你说什么时候都行
Anytime you say.
为什么要分 我觉得没有必要
Why divide it at all? I don’t see any point.
等时间到了我们就一起回去
We’re all going back together when the time comes.
为什么不等到把他们换成了钱后再分钱
Why not wait till we get paid and then divide the money?
我怎么办都行 你们决定吧
Either way suits me. You fellows decide.
我赞成现在就分了 各人走各人的
I’m for dividing it up as we go along.
让每个人对自己的那部分负责
Make each guy responsible for his own goods.
我把不得这样分了
I’d just as soon have it that way.
我可不喜欢担着为你们守护财富的责任
I don’t like the responsibility of guarding your treasure.
谁让你干的
Who asked you to?
说的对 你们从没要求过
That’s right. You never asked me.
只是 我觉得我是我们3个中最值得信赖的
Only, I thought I was the most trustworthy of the three.

You?
为什么
How come?
我是说最可信赖的
I said the most trustworthy.
至于最诚实的 没人知道
As far as being the most honest, no one can say.
我不信赖你
I don’t get you.
要是让你掌管这些黄金
Suppose you’re charged of taking care of the goods.
万一有一天我在洞里挖矿
One day I’m deep in the brush
科汀下山去采购供给了
and Curtin’s on his way to get provisions.
你的机会来了还不打包走人 把我们晾在这里了
That’d be your chance to pack up and leave us in the cold.
以小人之心
Only a guy that’s a thief at heart
度君子之腹
would think me likely to do a thing like that.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章午夜牛郎
下一篇文章十诫(1956)
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!