现在你还能信任…
Right now, it wouldn’t be worth your while…
可金子够了300盎司的时候
but when the pile’s grown to 300 ounces,
你就会了
think of such things you will.
你自己呢
How’s about yourself?
我的腿脚不是那么灵便了
I’m not quick on my feet any longer.
你们比我们刚来时难对付的多了
You’re a lot tougher than when we started out.
到了金子多得真的很诱惑人的时候…
By the time the pile’s grown to be really tempting…
我逃跑的速度就连你们的一半都赶不上了
I won’t be able to run half as fast as you.
你们能很快就抓住我 把我捆起来
You’d catch me and string me up in no time.
这就是为什么我说我是最值得信赖的
That’s why I think I’m the most trustworthy.
照这么看 你说的对
Looking at it that way, I guess you’re right.
也许每天都把收到的金子分成3份…
Maybe it’d be a good idea…
是个好主意
to cut the proceeds up three ways every night.
这也让你从你不愿负的责任中解脱出来
It’ll relieve you of a responsibility you don’t like.
我同意
Swell by me.
等到我们真的攒到几百盎司的时候…
After we got a couple of hundred ounces…
整天在脖子上挂个这么重的东西 真是件麻烦的事
it’ll be a nuisance carrying bags around our necks.
每人都要找个跟别人不一样的地方来藏金子
Each of us will have to hide his share from the others.
之后 就必须一直看着这个地方
And after that, he’ll have to be forever
别被人发现了
on watch that his hiding place’s not found.
你的思想真是肮脏污秽
What a dirty, filthy mind you’ve got.
不是肮脏 小子 无论一个人是多么正派…
Not dirty, baby. Only I know what kind of ideas…
当它的金子有危险时 我知道他会想些什么
even supposedly decent people get when gold’s at stake.
好了
All right.
分成3份了
Here she goes three ways.
杜比西!
Dobbs!
霍华德 快来!
Howard, come quick!
他醒过来了
He’s coming around.
躺一会儿 等恢复知觉再动
Lay still a minute till you get your senses back.
发生了什么事
What happened?
矿井塌了 砸在你身上
Part of the mine caved in on you.
砸到了头
Got a knock on the head.
骨头没断吧
No bones broken?
我想没有
I don’t think so.
-谁救我出来的 -是科汀
– Who pulled me out? – Curtin did.
我欠你一条命 拍档
I owe my life to you, partner.
没什么
Forget it.
等我们回去换到了辛苦得来的现钞…
What’ll you do with your hard- earned money…
你准备怎么花
when we get back and cash in?
我上年纪了 虽然我还能坚持干完每天的活…
I’m getting along in years. I can still hold up my end…
但我已经
when it comes to a hard day’s work,
不是以前的我了
but I’m not the man I was once.
转瞬之间
Next year, next month,
我可能就不是现在的我了
next week, by thunder, won’t be the man I’m today.
我想我会找个安静的地方住下来…
I think I’ll settle down in a quiet place…
做点小生意 五金店啦 杂活店啦…
get a little business, hardware, grocery store…
有时间读些
spend the better part of my time
喜剧和冒险小说
reading comics and adventure stories.
有一点我确定 就是我不会再去探矿了
One thing’s for sure. I won’t go prospecting again…
浪费时间和金钱去寻找另一个金矿
wasting time and money trying to find another gold mine.
你呢 你准备干什么
How about yourself? What plans have you, if any?
我打算买♥♥些地 种上水果树 也许是桃树
I figure on buying some land and growing fruit. Peaches, maybe.
为什么决定是桃树
How did you come to settle on peaches?
有年夏天 我还是个小孩
One summer, when I was a kid…
我在圣乔昆山谷
I worked as a picker in a peach harvest
给人家收桃子
in the San Joaquin Valley.
哇 真是壮观
Boy, it sure was something.
成百的人 有老有少
Hundreds of people, old and young.
整家人一块工作
Whole families working together.
干完一天的活 到了晚上…
At night, after a day’s work…
我们通常点起大堆的篝火
we used to build big bonfires and
坐在周围 弹起吉他唱起歌♥
sit around and sing to guitar music.
有时直到天亮
Till morning sometimes.
我们就去睡觉 醒了再唱 然后又去睡
We’d go to sleep, wake up and sing, and go to sleep again.
大家都过的那么愉快
Everybody had a wonderful time.
从那时起 我就渴望成为一个果农
Ever since then I’ve had a hankering to be a fruit grower.
亲眼看着你自己的树长叶…
It must be grand watching your own trees put on leaves…
开花 结果 一定是件很惬意的事
come into blossom and bear.
看着果子长大 变熟
Watching the fruit get big and ripe on the boughs,
可以摘了
ready for picking.
你们说什么呢
What’s all that about?
我们再说等我们回去有什么打算
We’re telling each other what we aim to do when we get back.
我已经全部盘算好了
Now me, I got it all figured out what I’m gonna do.
跟我们说说 杜比西
Tell us about it, Dobbsie.
首先 我要去泡个土耳其浴出出汗…
First off, I’m going to a Turkish bath to sweat and soak…
把身上这些灰尘污垢都洗掉
till I get all the grime and dirt out of my system.
然后去服装店
Then I’m going to a haberdasher
买♥♥套崭新的衣服
and gonna get myself a brand- new set of duds.
每件都买♥♥上一打
Dozen of everything.
然后我就去家高级咖啡厅
Then I’m going to a swell cafe…
把菜单上的东西全部点一遍
order everything on the bill o’ fare and
要是有什么差错…
if it ain’t just right…
或者可能有什么差错
or maybe even if it is,
我就把那个服务员骂个狗血淋头…
I’m gonna bawl the waiter out…
然后让他把所有的东西都收走
and make him take the whole thing back.
下一步干什么
What’s next on the program?
对啊 下一步干什么
Well, what would be?
我要是你 我就不会谈到女人 连想都不能
If I were you, I wouldn’t talk or think about women.
这对你身体不好
It ain’t good for your health.
对 也许你说的对 前景还是这么遥远
Yeah, maybe you’re right, seeing how the prospects are far off.
你们知道吗
You know what?
我们应该定一个我们都同意的上限…
We ought to put a limit on our take, agree between us…
等到我们攒够了这个数 我们就收拾铺盖走人
when we get so much we pull up stakes and beat it.
你觉得应该是多少
What do you think the limit ought to be?
每人2万5千美元
Say $25,000 worth apiece.
2万5千 太少了
$25,000, small potatoes.
你说是多少
How much do you say?
至少也要5万美元 7万5就更好了
$50,000 anyway, $75,000 would be more like it.
就算矿脉足够
That’d take a year if the vein held out,
也要花上一年时间 可这是不可能的
which wouldn’t be likely.
用一年时间来赚上这么多钱还算长吗
What’s a year more or less when that kind of money is to be had?
2万5千跟我想象的差不多
$25,000 is plenty as far as I’m concerned.
够我过下半辈子的了
Enough to last me the rest of my lifetime.
哦 当然了 你老了 我还很年轻呢
Well, sure, you’re old, I’m young.
我需要钱 很多的钱
I need dough and plenty of it.
每人2万5千美元…
$25,000 in one piece…
比我当初想象的要多很多了
is more than I ever expected to get my hands on.
小家子气
Small potatoes.
我们像猪一样贪婪有什么用
There’s no use making hogs of ourselves.
猪 你说我是猪
Hog, am l?
也许你不知道 但我一直保留…
Maybe you don’t know, but I’d be within my rights…
要求你的所得的一半的权利
if I demanded half again as much as you get.
为什么
How come?
不可否认当初的资金我出了大部分
There’s no denying I put up the lion’s share of the cash.
确实如此 杜比西 我一直想还给你
So you did, Dobbsie, and I always meant to pay you back.
在文明社会 投资多的人
In any civilized place the biggest investor
应该得到更多的回报
gets the biggest return, don’t he?
野蛮的地方也是一样的
That’s one thing in favor of the wilds.
我并不是故意的要求
Not that I intended to demand it,
但是如果我愿意 我就保留这个权利
but I’d be within my rights if I did.
下一次你叫我猪的时候 给我记着…
Next time you call me a hog just remember…
如果我愿意的话 我会做些什么
what I could’ve done if I’d wanted to.
不要把任何事都以金钱为基础才是明智的
I think it’d be wise not to put things strictly on a money basis.
给你 这是我欠你的 还有利息
Here you are, Dobbs. What I owe you with interest.
我只是不想被人叫做猪 仅此而已
I just don’t like being called a hog, that’s all.
不要这样吓我 我差点就开枪了
Don’t scare me like that. I might have let you have it.
半夜还出来闲逛
Out for a midnight stroll?
周围有老虎 我去看看驴子
Tiger around, I went to check on the burros.
-是吗 -怎么了
– So? – What’s the matter?
我想我也要去看看驴子是不是没事
I think I’ll see if the burros are all right.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章午夜牛郎
下一篇文章十诫(1956)
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!