Why did you turn down the job?
你还不懂事 小女孩
If you whip a dog hard enough he won’t come. Same thing goes for cats.
你难道不能和他做朋友吗?
Why can’t you be friends?
问他吗.他说要问你
– Ask him. – He says ask you.
艾芙 枪在我手上对吗
Evvie, I have this, right?
他知道这个的厉害
I don’t want to use it on him and he knows.
如果被他拿在手上 那就会象昨天一样. 再见了 特弗
But if he had it, one bad steppin’ like yesterday and goodbye Traver!
那样他很容易就可以杀了我
It’s easy for him to kill me.
现在枪在我手上对 他是一种威慑
And it’s hard for me to kill him. So he’s still got the power.
他现在巴不得能亲近我
Offers me his hand, expects me to kiss it!
这样是一个比较理想的情形
I like it better this way. Might say it makes us almost equal.
艾芙 去收拾一下
Evvie, you get the blankets.
你今天可以在这里休息 我把孩子的床移开了
I hope that you’re not offended that I moved the kid’s bed.
我是说我给你一个地方睡觉
You don’t believe that I discriminate against you?
不用了 伙计
Not at all, man; not at all.
你不过是想让 我留下来帮你干点事情
Treat those cabins just like they were your own. Be my guest.
这盒子里是什么? 秘密
– what’s in the box? – cigarettes.
不要这样 让我看看 不能看的
– Un-uh; that black wooden thing. – there’s nothing that to see.
昨晚是你在演奏吗? 不是我
– is that what you played last night? – I didn’t play anything last night.
我听到有音乐
Because I heard music.
小家伙 你肯定是 产生了幻觉
Probably a witch, baby sweets, that was wanting to haunt you.
算了吧 再来一首
Come on, play.
演什么啊 你肯定 是在做梦吧
You must be dreaming.
不是我就是你
– I don’t know how to play anything. – You do too!
你演什么的?你懂音乐吗?
Do you play an instrument? Are you a musician?
怎么啦
Hell, no.
我怎么会呢
Me a musician?
我可以是的士司机
I’m taxi driver.
也可以是船夫 我想 这是你的想法吧
Or dockworker or what you want.
不过我喜欢自娱自乐
I play a little to have fun.
吹吧
Play it.
这是什么乐器
What do you call that?
有人把这个叫铜管
Wise guys call it a licorice stick.
音质还不错
But it’s a clarinet.

Hey you, boy!
看着
Watch this!
过来 艾芙
Come here, Evvie!
我叫你现在过来
I said come here, now!
知道我的意思了吗
Do you see how I could have minced you up if I wanted to?
希望你今晚会做个好梦
Why don’t you give me the weapons and get yourself a good night’s sleep?
我还有两颗这样的地雷
I have two more souvenirs like that one right in there.
你还不想睡觉吗
Finally convinced you, huh?!
行了 明天做事吧
OK; early to work tomorrow,
不要去想驾船离开了
and we’ll see about some of that food!
不要怕 艾芙
Don’t be afraid, Evvie.
不要担心
Evvie, don’t be afraid.
早上好
Morning, Evvie.
艾芙琳
Here, there, Evelyn!
你在这里叫什么.干♥你♥的事
Why do you shout? Leave her alone.
做完该做的事情.我还有吩咐
When you finish what you’re doing, burn the trash behind the house.
我不会做很久
I will if I have time.
船一弄好我马上就会离开
If that boat’s swelled tight enough, I’m cuttin’ out of here!
可以
That’s all right with me.
越快越好
The sooner the better.
艾芙
Evvie.
看着我
Evvie, look at me.
这样子小心会着凉的 艾芙
You can throw away that ratty old coat, Evvie.
下次我出去的时候
Soon as I get to town,
给你买♥♥件外套吧
I will buy you an overcoat, thick and warm.
艾芙 你不再是小孩了
You’re not a kid anymore, Evvie.
你是女人了
You’re a woman.
我会给你买♥♥很多适合 你穿的衣服
I will buy you some nylons look like you’re not wearing any.
可以吧
And lipstick.
你穿着一定会很漂亮的
Or do you prefer something else?
收养你的爷爷能给你的 我一样可以给你
That chromium-plated 22 gun that Pee Wee promised you, I’ll buy you that too!
呆会见
See you later.
你为什么不和我们一起吃?
Don’t you want to eat with us?
你要是有这个女孩一半好 就可以了我觉得我对你很好
– you haven’t raised her very well. – nobody raised her.
无论如何 谢谢了 和我们一起吃吧
– thanks, anyway. – why not?
我得到了暗示
I got the message. That’s Northern style.
所以我不能做出我 自已的选择
Everything’s real smooth on the front, see?
这不是我能左右的
No signs that say “for white only.”
我想我们其实都是一样的
If you want to take a coffee,
更何况我做的事情不会比你少
you enter, and the owner looks up from his greasy counter.
你只知道每天打兔子
You just been deprived of your rights.
曾经我们在一起相处愉快
And customers keep on eating and talking real polite.
但是你不是那样的人
And you, you ain’t felt a thing.
至少在这里不是
Least not right here.
难道你以后都不和 有色人种打交道?
Don’t you ever eat with coloured people?
你吃你的东西吧 少说话
Sometimes when I am going to collect a bill, invite them to the table.
你永远不会邀请 他们做你的客人?
And do you never invite them?
不会
Never.
和你一起吃东西呢?
Because he eats the same as you do.
我从没听到过特弗 这个名字?
Never heard the name Travers, where did you get it?
我母亲在我父亲走了之后 根据“行者”的意思 给我取名为特弗
My mother named me Traveling Man, after my father.
他没有再回来
He traveled a lot and one day he didn’t return.
他在路途中遭遇了不幸
Kids, they shortened it down to Travers.
那个年代是很混乱的
Those Italian women, they were really a dish.
你们有色人种也是这样吗?
Guess you coloured boys think so too, eh?
你什么意思?
What do you mean by that?
我是说你们的生存能力 非常强大
Well I was talking to a fellow not too long ago, said there was a lot of trouble with you boys over there.
无论什么时候什么条件… 因为你们白人根本 不会有这种经厉
– Assault, rape… – And you white boys never tried it
你是不是觉得这是有讽刺意味的
It’s funny how clean livin’ all you cat’s are.
不是三言两语能说清楚的
No one gets into trouble but us.
也许你应该去教堂问神父
Said they strung up more than a hundred of you on that charge.
是吗 怎么来说你们经厉的 风险都要比我们小得多
Yeah? The white men swore that girls were professional.
因为武器都掌握在你们的手中
Told them they had better watch their step, or get a good pistol-whipping.
难道不是吗?不要说这个了
– and that they would land in jail. – just what this fella said, that’s all.
那你们怎么过来的. 你想知道?
– Go get your licorice stick. – You mean clarinet.
孩子
Look, kiddy.
这是个很漫长的过程
Dad here don’t dig it.
这是对一个文化的探索
Nothing like exposing him to culture.
音乐就能表达很多
You know, bring the peasants some music.
你想知道吗
– Maybe they’ll learn something. – (Hey)
艾芙
Evvie.
在这边
Over here, reverend.
来这里真不容易
Lucky to be here I can tell you.
颠簸了我们五个小时
Five hours late, took us three just to cross the bar.
风浪太大了
– Right, Jackson? – Too rough come in, too rough stay out.
早知道就应该换个天气来
“Preserve me at all tasks from nature in her adverse moods.”
算了吧
A drink would go well.
要不要酒水.谢谢 来点咖啡就可以
– reverend. – some hot coffee.
其实这边的风浪一直都比较大 我想是的 不过这里 是我们的目的地
– blown off course? – no, our destination was here.
哈各维斯先生打电♥话♥给我
Mr. Hargreaves called me.
他和斯特德先生是好朋友
Mr. Stroud’s death has affected me very much.
他的妻子在国会工作
His wife was a member of our congregation.
这就是斯特德先生的孙女吗
I suppose that this is Mr. Stroud’s granddaughter.

That’s right.
很高兴认识你
Glad to meet you, Evelyn.
我知道我们一定会成为好朋友
I know that we’re going to be good friends.
告诉我杰克逊先生说的是真的吗? 你从来没念过书?
Is it true that they have not baptized you?
当然 “ 小矮人” 没有那个能力
Pee Wee never got around to it.
但是如果过去的话 我们可以让她接受教育
We have found you a place to stay until final plans can be made.
我明天就可以带她去. 不用
– I’ll take her back to town with me tomorrow. – No, you won’t.
为什么
And why not?
因为我答应她带 她出去买♥♥衣服…
Because I promised a day of shopping in town…
承诺就是承诺 我不想破坏
and I do not break my promises.
怎么样 杰克逊就像
How does everything go?
一个人所说的
Well, Hep, like man says,
“所有的新闻都是从 收音机里听来的”
something happens today that yesterday I heard on the radio.
抱歉 凯文

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!