The Queen and I will be happy enough in the lodge!
我和王后会十分开心住在农舍
So would I be, Sir,
也许我会
if I thought that people there would be polite to me.
如果这里的人够礼貌的话
How dare you talk… Enough.
你怎么敢… 够了
You have exhausted the topic.
别再说了
You heard Conroy tried to force
康罗伊试图
the Princess Victoria’s agreement to a Regency.
强迫维多利亚公主签署摄政令
I gather she wouldn’t sign it, sick as she was.
她不会签的 即使病成那样
That says something of the girl’s spirit.
据说有精神支持
Your next birthday will be quite a landmark.
你下个生日将是一个里程碑
I hope it means we’ll see more of you at Court.
希望可以经常在宫中见到你
I hope so, too, Lord Melbourne.
我也这么想 墨尔本勋爵
You know, should you ever need an ally, you have one in me.
如果你需要支持者 我算一个
A Prime Minister has more important calls upon his time.
首相有更重要的使命
Not at all. I knew the late Duke of Kent.
也不尽然 我认识已故的肯特公爵
Naturally, I take an interest in his daughter.
自然而然 就想照顾他的女儿
You knew my father?
你认识我父亲?
Yes.
是的
I’m sorry. Is it difficult to speak of him? No.
对不起 是不是不该提他? 不
I love to hear from someone who knew him. For I never did, you see.
我很高兴有人认识他 从没有人提起过 你知道的
Well…
嗯…
He was a great gentleman. Of that you can be sure.
他是个很好的人 你必须知道
Indeed I am.
当然
Excellent company, like his brother,
像他兄弟一样 是很好的伙伴
the Regent, but not quite so extravagant.
协助政♥治♥ 但从不越界
And kind like his brother, the King.
善良如他的兄弟 国王陛下
But perhaps not so talkative.
但他更沉默寡言
Well, you make him sound as though he were the best of them.
听你这么说 他是兄弟中最好的
I think so, Ma’am.
我是这么觉得 女士
Your leader is hard at work, Duchess.
你们的首领很努力呢 女公爵
You see him hover with his net to catch the pretty butterfly.
他正找机会撒网捕猎物
And when your party is back in power, Duke, will you not do the same?
假如你们党派当政 公爵 你不会这么做吗?
Not nearly as well as Melbourne. Unfortunately, I have no small talk.
我当然比不上墨尔本 很不幸 我不会应酬
Peel has no manners.
皮尔真不讲礼数
And I would have a hard time praising her father.
以前哄她父亲开心很难
The most brutal officer I ever encountered.
迄今遇到的最野蛮的官员
I thank you all for your good wishes on my birthday.
十分感谢各位对我生日的祝福
It has been a long life and an interesting one.
这是很长的一段人生 也很有趣
But I shall be content with only a short while more.
即使我时日无多 我也应满足了
Just enough
足够了
to dispense with any thought of a Regency.
一想到摄政的时候
So that I may pass the Royal authority
所以我直接将皇权
directly to that young lady.
授予那位年轻女士
And not to the hands of a person now near me
而不是交给我身边的
who is surrounded by evil advisers.
听从恶魔顾问言论的人
And who cannot act with propriety in the station in which she’s been placed!
她根本不清楚自己的位置!
I have been insulted, grossly and continually insulted.
我受到了侮辱 长久以来极端的侮辱
She has kept her daughter, my brother’s child,
她阻止她女儿 我兄弟的孩子
from my Court.
接近我的皇宫
But from now on, I’d have her know that I am King.
但是从现在开始 我要让她知道我是国王
And I will not be flouted or disobeyed by her…
她和她养的那个混♥蛋♥男人
or by that jackanapes she keeps about her!
不得再愚弄我 反抗我!
Are you all right?
你还好吗?
Families. Who’d be without them?
家族成员 谁没有呢?
Are you listening?
你在听我讲话吗?
What?
什么
Well?
怎样?
It was a messenger, Ma’am, and you do have a letter,
是信使 女士 有封信
but it’s not from Germany. It’s from the King.
但不是德国来的 是国王的
So it is. Thank you, Watson.
就是它 谢谢 沃森
Don’t you see what he wants?
你不明白他的目的吗?
He increases my income once I’m 18 and he asks to see me at Court.
增加我的收入 要我18岁时去宫中
What is wrong with that?
有什么问题?
The King wants to separate you from your mother.
他想分开你和你母亲
He wants to control you.
他想控制你
To take you from those whose sole aim is trying to protect you!
从一心想全力保护你的人身边夺走你!
There’s no need to shout, Sir John.
无需大声嚷嚷 约翰爵士
I’m sure the people of London will find out our business soon enough
不用多久所有人都会明白
without hearing it from your lips.
不用经由你口
Tell her. Make her understand.
告诉她 给她解释清楚
What Sir John means is that you are unprepared for the task ahead of you.
约翰爵士的意思是 你还没为即将到来的重任做好准备
And if I am, whose fault is that?
如果真是那样 是谁的错?
You’re too young. You’ve no experience.
你太年轻 没有经验
You’re like a china doll walking over a precipice.
就像走在悬崖边上的瓷娃娃
Well, then I must smash. For it’s too late to mend my ways now.
那我情愿粉身碎骨 现在我已经没有别的选择
So, if you’ll excuse me. But I will not excuse you.
告辞了 不许走
Now, this is what you will do.
你应该这么做
First, you will refuse the money
首先 拒绝接受那些钱
and demand instead that it be given to your mother.
并且要求转给你母亲
Next, you will appoint me your private secretary, from today.
其次 从今天起指定我为私人秘书
Finally, you will agree to be co-Regent with the Duchess until your 25th birthday.
最后 同意公爵夫人共同摄政 直到你25岁
Neither she nor I will accept less.
无论她或我都不能再退让了
You may do what you like with the money.
那笔钱你想怎么处理就怎么处理
Now get out of my way!
给我滚开
And if you think that I will ever forget that you just stood by silent
如果你认为我会忘记 你就站在一旁
and you watched him treat me thus, you are dreaming.
任由他那样对我 该醒醒了
Is there no limit to this disobedience?
还要顽抗到什么时候
Mark my words, the reign of King Conroy is coming.
记住我的话 康罗伊国王统治时代即将到来
My poor sister-in-law. What is the hold that wicked man has over her?
可怜的弟媳 那个男巫给她下了什么咒?
What about her uncle in Brussels? Could he not be of some assistance?
她在布鲁塞尔的舅舅怎样 能帮得上忙吗?
King Leopold is as slippery as a barrel full of eels.
利奥波德国王狡猾得像鳗鱼
If he did dislodge Conroy, it’d only be to tighten his own grip on the girl.
他对抗康罗伊 只是为了把那个女孩抓得更牢
Mightn’t there be some benefit if I pay Princess Victoria a visit…
如果在康罗伊阴谋篡位之前
before Conroy has a chance to usurp her?
我去拜访她会不会好一些?
Very well.
非常好
Lord, in your mercy, get me past May.
上帝啊 求你保佑 让我活过五月
That way she’ll be of age and will have killed off the Regency, at least.
那时她已成年 我们至少可以扼杀摄政的威胁
I tell you, Lord Melbourne, his behavior to me makes it impossible…
听我说 墨尔本勋爵 基于他对我的所作所为
to keep him in any post near my person. Any post whatever.
我绝不能在我身边为他保留任何职务 无论什么职务
You don’t think it more dangerous to cut him loose?
你不觉得放虎归山更危险?
I know things that mean I could never have confidence in him.
可以肯定的是 我对他不抱任何幻想
Now I see I must endure Lady Flora.
我知道我得忍♥受弗洛拉女士
Mama can hardly appear at Court without a lady-in-waiting,
母亲去宫里不能没有宫女陪伴
but I draw the line at Conroy.
但我一定要跟康罗伊划清界限
And once I am Queen, I do not wish to look upon his face again.
我加冕之后 不希望再见到他
Well, we can’t prevent the Duchess…
嗯 我们无法阻止公爵夫人
from keeping him in charge of her own affairs.
委任他打理她自己的事务
That will be her mistake, not mine.
那是她的问题 不是我的
My dear Victoria, when I think…
亲爱的维多利亚 当我想起…
Dearest Victoria, if ever you should need…
最亲爱的维多利亚 如果你需要…
What? Like a vulture? To hover at the edge until the King is dead?
什么 象秃鹫一样 徘徊着等国王过世?
And, Ma’am,
女士
you needn’t worry.
您无需担心
I’ll be your private secretary.
我会担当你的私人秘书
For now, at least.
至少这段时间
Thank you, Lord Melbourne. That is a great comfort to me.
谢谢你 墨尔本勋爵 这对我来说是莫大的安慰
Ernest, English, please.
欧尼斯特 拜托讲英语
When he is dead,
如果他死了
there’ll be more than one vulture to contend with.
会有更多秃鹫争夺的
We should consider the new appointments. Your ladies-in-waiting, and so forth.
您应该考虑新的人员指派 女侍 还有其他的
Perhaps the Duchess of Sutherland for Mistress of the Robes?
也许萨瑟兰女公爵可以做女侍长?
I don’t really know her.
不行 我不认识她
Well, as to that, Ma’am, she’s a dear friend of mine.
谈到那个 夫人 她是我一位很好的朋友
You’ll enjoy her enormously.
您会很喜欢她的
I should be lost without your guidance. I hope you know how grateful I am.
没有你的帮忙 我肯定不知所措 十分感激
I’ll draw up a list.
我会列张清单
What is it? Don’t you like her?
到底为什么 你不喜欢她?
Yes, I like her.
我当然喜欢她
More than I dared hope.
比我预料的还喜欢
But it’s not up to me, is it?
这不取决于我 不是吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!