Lord M. Assures me the next several months
M勋爵向我保证说 接下来的几个月
will be particularly grueling and busy for me as a new Queen,
我要开始行使女王的职责 非常非常的繁忙
thus I am not certain when I shall see you again.
因此 我也不知道何时能再见到你
I look forward to your every letter
期待你的每封回信
enjoying the detail of life in Germany and wishing to share more.
希望你享受在德国的时光 期待能与你分享更多
Yours affectionately, Victoria.
你亲爱的 维多利亚
This quite inoffensive little game
这个无伤大雅的小游戏
can turn into an effective weapon.
可以转变成有力的武器
Lord Melbourne says French doctors kill their patients.
M勋爵说法国医生会害死自己的患者
English ones just let them die.
英国医生只会坐视不管而已
I rather thought he might be here tonight.
我以为他今晚会来
No, he’s thrown me over for Lady Holland.
不 他为了荷兰夫人把我丢弃了
I expect Your Majesty will miss him.
女王陛下很想念他吧
Not too severely. He’ll be back tomorrow.
没那么严重 他明天会回来
No, no, no, I meant when he’s out of power.
不不不 我的意思是他已经失去权力了
What?
什么?
Well, only… I don’t wish to crow,
哦 只是…可能我不该讲
but I thought it was common knowledge that he’s about to lose the vote.
但是我觉得这个是共识了 他会失去选票
I thought you were in your bedroom.
我还以为你在卧室呢
Never mind.
没事
You won’t desert me, will you?
你不会离我而去吧?
Never.
不会的
Every one of your ladies is the wife of a friend of Lord Melbourne.
你的每个侍女都是墨尔本勋爵朋友的妻子
Surely you can see how that looks.
你对此有什么看法吗?
You should not set such store by appearances, Sir Robert.
不能只看事情表面 罗伯特爵士
I’m only asking for a token, Ma’am.
我只需要您提供两个
For two ladies, maybe even one who supports my cause.
不符合我所说的特点的女侍 一个也可以
Otherwise it must seem as if Palace and Parliament have fallen out.
否则 很明显宫里和议会都衰落了
I want to go in.
我要进去
I beg your pardon, Ma’am, but Her Majesty is with the Prime Minister
对不起 女士 女王陛下正在和首相谈话
and cannot be disturbed.
不能被打扰
But that will not apply to her mother.
她母亲例外
I’m very sorry, Ma’am.
非常抱歉 女士
Let me understand you.
我试着理解下你的意思
Are you telling me it is now the Prime Minister
你是说首相先生你应该负责
who selects my household?
挑选我的侍从吗?
Has the law changed in this regard? No, no, of course not, Ma’am…
法律会因此而改变吗? 不 当然不会 女士…
Well, then there cannot be much more to be said on the subject.
很好 那没有什么好说的了
Good day, Sir Robert.
再见 罗伯特爵士
Could you please ask Lady Portman to come in as you leave?
你出去的时候能顺便把波特曼女士叫来吗
Yes, Ma’am.
是 女士
I wonder if you could have a note delivered to Lord Melbourne.
我想让你给墨尔本爵士送个便条
Of course, Ma’am.
当然 女士
Mrs. Melbourne!
墨尔本夫人!
Good God, what are we coming to? Who was it? I didn’t see.
天啊 我们看到哪里了? 这是谁?我没看见
The Duchess of Montrose.
蒙特罗斯公爵夫人
That’s the end to her career at Court, I hope.
我希望这是她在宫里最终的头衔
If I ban everyone who thinks me wrong,
如果我驱逐所有和我想法不一样的人
you and I will be alone in the ballroom.
在这个剧院里就只剩你和我了
With sorrow, I must inform the House
很遗憾 我必须告知议院
that I have been unable to persuade the Queen
我没能说服女王
that her ladies should not solely adhere to the views of my political opponents.
重新慎重挑选她的女侍
I have therefore informed Her Majesty
我要告知尊敬的女王陛下
that I am not qualified to form a government if I do not enjoy her confidence.
如果我没有得到她的信任 我没法组织一个政♥府♥
Mr. Speaker, are we to understand that the great Sir Robert Peel
发言人先生 我们可不可以理解成 伟大的罗伯特·皮尔爵士
has been frightened off by a few frilly petticoats?
被些不相关的小事吓得退缩了
Prime Minister.
首相
Mr. Speaker, what frightens me is to see the Crown
发言人先生 我害怕的是
used as a shuttlecock in the game of politics.
女王陛下在政♥治♥游戏中被某些人玩弄利用
Which, apparently, Lord Melbourne plays better than you, Sir.
很显然 墨尔本勋爵比你擅长这个游戏
Order!
秩序
Constitutional Crisis! Order!
宪法危机! 秩序!
Queen flouts Prime Minister!
女王嘲弄首相!
Threat to bring down Tory Government!
托利党政♥府♥遭到垮台的威胁!
Order! Constitutional Crisis!
秩序! 宪法危机!
You should be ashamed of yourself, Sir.
你应该为自己感到羞耻 先生
If the Queen has been foolish, she can plead her youth.
如果女王被利用 是因为她年轻
You are old enough to know better.
你比她老多了 应该看得清局势
What troubles you is that Lord Melbourne is Prime Minister again.
唯一让你恼怒的就是 墨尔本勋爵又当上首相了
I do hate a bad loser.
我讨厌失败者
We’re all losers in this, Sir. Most especially the Queen.
这方面我们都是失败者 尤其是女王陛下
You have to understand you reign by right of Parliament,
你必须理解的是 你的统治是议会赋予的权力
and you must work with the voters’ choice. Well, Lord Melbourne says…
并通过投票决定的 墨尔本勋爵说…
Lord Melbourne says what suits his interest.
墨尔本勋爵说的话都是出于自己利益考虑
He has used you to punish his enemies
他利用你对付他的政敌
without a thought for the damage to the Crown.
对你的皇位受到的威胁不作考虑
The Queen is in the clutches of Melbourne the Great Seducer!
女王陛下被墨尔本这个恶魔蛊惑了!
And when he is silent, who does she listen to?
如果他不说话了 她该听谁的?
Her German mother.
她的德国♥母♥亲
I’m glad he thinks I listen to Mama.
我很高兴他觉得我会听母亲的话
You are confusing stubbornness with strength, my dear.
亲爱的 你很固执
And I warn you, the people will not like you for it.
我警告你 人们不会因为这个喜欢你的
She’s brought down a government over a handful of ladies?
她会因为自己的侍女们而被推♥翻♥吗?
Apparently. Then she’s a fool.
显然是 那她就是傻瓜
No, she is not a fool, but she has listened to a fool.
不 她不是傻瓜 她只是听了傻瓜的话
Then she had better change her adviser,
那她最好换个顾问
or things will get worse before they get better.
事情如果不解决会变得更糟的
Open the door. “Not all the water in the rough rude sea
开门 汹涌的怒海中所有的水
“can wash the balm off from an anointed king.
都洗不掉涂在一个受命于天的君王顶上的圣油
“The breath of worldly men
世人的呼吸
“cannot depose the deputy elected by the Lord.
决不能吹倒上帝所简选的代表
“For every man…”
每一个人
Sir John, what on Earth are you doing here?
约翰爵士 你来这里干什么?
I must speak to the Queen.
我必须和女王谈谈
You know that’s quite impossible.
你知道这不可能的
“Welcome, My Lord. How far off lies your power?”
欢迎 伯爵 你的军队驻在什么地方?
An armed man has been found in the gardens.
在花♥园♥中发现一个全副武装的人
What?
什么?
He said he wished to harm the Queen.
他说他要伤害女王
“discomfort guides my tongue and bids me speak of nothing but…”
烦恼控制着我的唇舌 使我只能说一些绝望的话
They think I have interfered in matters that do not concern me.
他们认为我♥干♥预了与我无关的事情
It’ll pass, Ma’am. You’ll see.
会过去的 女士
My dear Victoria, while these days may feel endless,
亲爱的维多利亚 这些不愉快的日子可能看起来无止境
please do not lose faith in yourself or your people.
请不要对你和你身边的人失去信心
We are all allowed to make mistakes,
我们都会犯错
most especially when we have looked to others for guidance.
特别是当我们还不成熟的时候
The storm still rages outside the palace walls.
宫外民众还在愤怒中
I wonder now if everyone was right.
我在想 是不是大家都是对的
Perhaps I am too young and inexperienced for my position.
也许我作为女王太年轻 太缺乏经验了
Open your mind, examine your choices,
打开心扉 审视自己的决定
and your honesty will take you through the storm.
你的诚恳会带领你安然度过这场风波
I promise that you can do this work and do it well.
我保证你能胜任并且做得很好
You have courage and heart and you said yourself,
你有信心和勇气 你说过
you’re stronger than you look.
你比看上去坚强
A letter from your mother.
你母亲给你的信
My dearest child,
我亲爱的孩子
you will not let me come to you, and that I may deserve.
你不让我接近你 这也许是我应得的
But however you resent me, however I have failed,
但不管你怎么憎恨我 不管我怎么失败
I am still and always your mother.
我一直并且永远都是你的母亲
What troubles you, troubles me. What pleases you, pleases me.
你的烦恼就是我的烦恼 你开心我才能开心
I love you.
我爱你
And my only prayer is that one day you will understand how much.
我只希望有一天你能明白 我多么爱你
Good night, mein Liebling, your own Mama.
晚安 亲爱的 你的母亲
My dearest Albert,
我最亲爱的阿尔伯特
you asked me once if you could be of help to me.
你曾经问过我 需不需要你的帮助
And I so proud and confident of my great powers replied, “Not yet.”
我骄傲而肯定地回答你”还不需要”
But since that day, so much has changed.
但是从那之后发生了好多变化
I’m not forgiven yet.
民众还没有原谅我
Not yet, but soon.
没有 但是很快会的
Just wait for unseasonal weather or the news of some elopement,
等灾难性气候 或者某些私奔之类的新闻发生

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!