It was better than sex and anything, money, everything. It was like, “Whoa,
那比什么都好 包括性 金钱 就像那样 唔哇
“I want this.”
我就要这样
We moved out of New York because my mother lost her job.
我们离开了纽约 因为我老妈丢了她的饭碗
We were, like, stranded.
我们束手无策了
So we moved to Baltimore…
所以我们搬去了巴尔的摩
…which was total ignorance town to me.
对于我来说 是个完全未知的地方
I mean, Baltimore has the highest rate of blacks killing blacks in the country.
我的意思是 巴尔的摩黑人谋杀黑人的比率是最高的
Then I auditioned for the Baltimore School of Performing Arts.
然后我就听说巴尔的摩的学校有关于表演的课程
Then I started to have good-luck times.
我开始走运了
I spent three years in Baltimore, high-school years. I made friends,
我在巴尔的摩高中呆了3年 交到了一些朋友
Iike Jon Cole and Jada Pinkett.
像 Jon Cole 和 Jada Pinkett.
I loved my classes. We were exposed to everything.
我爱我们的班级 因为我们经受了一切
You know, theater, ballet…
你知道的 剧院 芭蕾舞
…Iistening to different types of music,
听不同种类的音乐
songs that became a soundtrack to my life.
音乐变成了我的生活
But in my homeboys’ high school, it’s not like that.
但在我的帮派里 他们不像那样
They don’t have trips to go see this Broadway play,
他们不去看百老汇演出
they don’t read things we read. They didn’t know when I was like:
他们不读我读的东西 他们不知道我喜欢什么
“Yo, Shakespeare’s dope.” They don’t have the same experiences we had.
哟 莎士比亚 他们体验不了我的想法和经验
Then I started thinking the art school I went to
所以我开始想去艺术院校
was mostly for white kids and rich minorities.
全是白人或者富有的人
I started going, “l would have been totally different
我去了 我完全的不同
“had I not been exposed to this.”
我从来没遭受过这样的打击
I was living in the ghetto. We didn’t have lights and electricity.
我住在犹太区 那没有电
– We was about to get evicted. – We want home!
我是个被驱逐的人 我想家
We want heat! We want lights!
我们需要暖气 我们需要电
We want something to do for our children!
为了我们的子女 我们需要资源
I thought, “We’re not being taught to deal with the world as it is.”
我认为 事实上 我们一直没有被教会如何和这个世界洗牌
The rich should live like the poor,
富人必须像穷♥人♥一样活着
the poor should live like the rich. They should change every week.
穷♥人♥像富人一样活着 他们必须每个星期交换一下
The president stirred up a hornets’ nest earlier this week
总统在这个星期早些时候 捅了个大漏洞
when he suggested the problems of the hungry
当他提议饥饿的问题
came about because they were uninformed about where to go for help.
但他们无法知道哪里需要帮助
How could Reagan live in a White House, which has a lot of rooms,
里根总统在有很多房♥间的白宫是怎么生活的
and there be homelessness? And he’s talking about helping.
有人无家可归吗 他正在寻求援助
I don’t believe that there is anyone
我无法相信有些人
that is going hungry in America simply by reason
因为这些简单的原因而挨饿
of denial or lack of ability to feed them.
被拒绝 或者缺乏能力养活自己
It is by people not knowing where or how to get this help.
应该是人们不知道怎样寻求援助
Why can’t he take people off the street and put them in his White House?
他为什么不能把街道上的难民接到白宫去呢
Then he’ll have people from the streets to help him with his ideas.
然后他就会有主意让人们帮助他
Not helpless! Homeless! Not helpless!
消除无助 消除无家可归
They haven’t been homeless forever. They’ve done things in society.
为政♥府♥做事永远不会无家可归
The White House would be tainted because he doesn’t want to get dirty.
白宫要被污染了 因为他们拒绝肮脏的底层
Growing up in America, I loved my childhood, but I hated growing up poor.
在美国长大 我爱我的童年 但我不想变成穷♥人♥
We live in hell. We live in the gutter. We live in a war zone.
我们生活在地狱 贫民窟 战争地带
We’ve got us stacked up 80-deep in one building.
我们拥挤在一个建筑里
When you get out your house, you’re strapped to protect yourself.
当你出去你必须赤手空拳保护你自己
The same crime element that white people are scared of
同样的犯罪因素 白人害怕黑人
black people are scared of.
黑人也害怕白人
While they waiting for legislation to pass, we next door to the killer.
白人等待着立法的完成 我们与杀手为邻
All them killers they let out, they’re in that building.
所有的杀手都在那建筑里
Just because we black, we get along with the killers?
就因为我们是黑人 我们就要单独和杀人魔住一起
What is that? We need protection too.
搞什么啊 我们也需要保护
Then I came to California to escape that violence.
然后我来到了加州为了逃避那些暴♥力♥
Come to Marin City, and there’s even more poverty.
来到了海滨城市 可惜我更穷了
I was starting to see the one thing we have in common
我开始发现我们的共同点
as black people, is we share that poverty.
作为一个黑人 我们要一起分享贫穷
I made it to where I had knowledge this wasn’t just me.
我达到了目标 不仅仅是我一个
It was a bigger picture. It was my people getting dogged.
是一个更大的画面 是我们的顽固
It wasn’t just my family. It was all of us.
不仅仅是我的家庭 是我们全部
Moving to Baltimore and Oakland and Marin and New York,
搬到巴尔的摩 奥克兰 海边 纽约
and the poverty helped me to relate to everybody’s struggle.
贫穷让我了解到了每个人的艰辛
Don’t get the wrong idea. I feel like I’m being gloomy.
不要有错误的想法 我觉得我开始阴暗了
I don’t mean just to be like, “Damn it, it’s bad out there.”
我不是那意思 天哪 那是错的
I still try to be positive.
我一直试着肯定
I know that good things are gonna come for me.
我知道 有好事要在我身上发生了
– Where you go to school? – Are you rolling?
你去哪上学 你在转圈吗
– Yeah, rolling. – Go ahead, that’s OK.
耶 继续
You dressed right for it.
你很吸引眼球
He said he’s been a little chilly, so this is good for him.
他说他有点无聊 所以这个对他不错
– Somebody will enjoy the heat in here. – Anytime.
任何时候 任何人在那都会被吸引的
OK. My name is Tupac Shakur, and I attend Tamalpais High School.
我的名字叫图派克 我上了TAMALPAIS 高中
And I’m 1 7 years old.
我17岁
Oh, my God, I got the phattest deja vu
噢 天哪 我有似曾相识的感觉
I chased girls and bought the car and loud music,
我追逐着女孩 买♥♥了张车 并且放着吵闹的音乐
but I like to think of myself as really being socially aware.
我想 我在社交这个方面确实做得很好
I think there should be a class on drugs.
应该有一个关于毒品的班
There should be a class on sex education, a real sex-education class.
应该有一个性教育的班级 一个真正的班级
There should be a class on police brutality.
应该有一个关于警♥察♥暴♥力♥的班
There should be a class on apartheid.
应该有一个关于种族隔离的班
There should be a class on why people are hungry.
应该有一个关于为什么会饥饿的班
But there are not. There are classes on gym.
但什么都没有 只有关于健身的课程 健身房♥
Physical education. Let’s learn volleyball.
体育班 来让我们学习排球吧
How do you think you’re most like your mom?
你怎么认为你最像你的妈妈
I’m most like my mom because I’m arrogant. Totally arrogant.
我完全像我的妈妈 因为我很自大 完全自大
You should see us when we get in our attitude moods.
你应该发现我们的脾气相同
We get in our tiffs and everything, but it’s good.
我们有时候会争吵 但很正常
My mom’s my homey, but we went through our stages,
我的妈妈 我的家庭 但我们审视我们的层面
where first we was mother and son,
第一 我们是母子
then it was like drill sergeant and cadet.
就像军官和学员
Then it was like dictator, little country.
就像一个导演 小的国家
Then I moved out, and I was on my own.
我搬了出去 我开始独处了
I was broke, nowhere to stay.
我破产了 没地方住
I smoked weed. I hung out with the drug dealers,
我开始抽大♥麻♥ 我和毒贩一起喝醉
pimps and the criminals.
皮条客和暴徒
They were the only people that cared about me.
他们是唯一关心我的人
And I needed a father. I needed a male influence,
我需要一个父亲 我需要一个男人教导
and these were the males.
这些就是教导我的男人
You could see where I spent time in the streets when you talk to me.
你可以发现 你和我说话 我正在把时间花在街头上
The words I say don’t come from a mother’s or father’s mouth.
我说的话不是父母教的
They come from a pimp’s mouth or a prostitute or a hustler or drug dealer.
他们来自 皮条客 妓♥女♥ 匪徒 毒贩
To me, these were my role models.
对于我来说 这些就是我的榜样
My mom was lost at that particular moment. She was addicted to crack.
我的母亲没有教会我这些细节 她爱大喊大叫
It was hard. It was hard because she was my hero.
那是很重要的 很重要的 她是我的英雄
Not long ago in Oakland, California,
不久前 在奥克兰 加州
I was asked by a group of children what to do if they were offered drugs.
我被一群小孩问到 要怎么做 他们才能被允许吸毒
And I answered, “Just say no.”
我回答到 只用说 不
I was broke. I didn’t have enough credits to graduate, so I dropped out.
我破产了 我无法毕业 所以我退学了
I said, “l gotta get paid. I gotta make a living.”
我说 我需要钱 我需要生活 我要活下去
I started selling drugs for maybe two weeks.
我差不多卖♥♥了两个星期的毒品
The dude was like, “Give me my drugs back,” because I didn’t know how.
他们就像这样 给我我的东西 因为我不知道怎样
The dope dealers used to look out for me. They would give me money
毒贩很留意我 他们想给我钱
and be like, “Don’t get involved with this. Get out there, do your dream.”
想对我说 别被这些缠住 离开这 去实现你的梦想
So they was like my sponsors.
所以 他们就像我的担♥保♥人
My dream was to make a living rapping.
我的梦想就是做一个饶舌明星
Just to make music that was coming from my heart.
搞音乐 他们是我内心的声音
When I first started rapping, I needed the money, and I had to work.
当我刚开始起步 我需要钱 所以我不得不工作
That was me.
那就是我
For me to get paid, I had to go out in bikini briefs and hop on top of this doll.
为了钱 我必须穿着比基尼 当美女美男的玩伴
I was homeless. That’s what I had to do.
因为我无家可归 那是我必须做的
You have to work from one point to go to another point.
你必须不停工作
I admire the work ethic.
我很赞成这样
Shock was responsible for my success.
成功就必须经历一些东西
I’m the original two-tone, big-nosed, skinny rapper.
我是最早的TWO-TONE BIG-NOSED SKINNY说唱歌♥手
Shock G.
震荡G
Leila introduced me to Atron who was managing Digital Underground.
莉拉把我介绍给地下音乐人阿聪
He was like, “I’ll send you to Digital Underground. They’re in the studio.
他就像这样 我要把你弄进地下音乐圈 他们在工作室里
“Rap for Shock G on the spot. If he like you, I’ll pick you up.”
现场为震荡G饶一把 如果他喜欢 我可以拉你一把
I walked in and rapped.
我走进去 并且当场饶了一把

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!