亲爱的妈妈
Dear Mom.
亲爱的妈妈
Dear Mom.
在科尔托纳 今天是集市日
It’s market day in Cortona.
在广场上正在举♥行♥一个集♥会♥ 任何人都可以参加
The piazza is an ongoing party, and everyone is invited.
各种老套的东西聚集在这个世界中心
Clichés converge at this navel of the world.
你忍♥不住想要笑
You almost want to laugh, but you can’t help feeling
这些意大利人比我们都会享受生活
these Italians know more about having fun than we do.
我吃了颗市场里卖♥♥的甜葡萄
I eat a hot grape from the market,
在我嘴里留下了紫罗兰式的香
and the violet sweetness breaks open in my mouth.
闻起来似乎都是紫色的
It even smells purple.
我想多待会儿 可钟声提醒我该走了
I wish I could stay longer, but the bell reminds me of time.
钟敲的是 叮-当-咚 而不是 叮-咚
“Ding-dang-dong,” the bell says, instead of “ding-dong.”
-我多希望你能在这儿 -爱你的
-I wish you were here. -Love…
罗德尼
Rodney.
谢谢
Thanks.
闻起来似乎都是紫色的
“It even smells like purple”?
我妈妈从不会相信我会这么写
My mom will never believe I wrote this.
你拿着吧 钟响着叮-当-咚
Keep it. “Ding-dang-dong goes the bell.”
对不起
I’m sorry.
思慕太阳
Bramasole.
思慕太阳(意大利语)
“Bramasole.”
这是座不错的小别♥墅♥ 就是有点儿破 但是可以修好
It’s a nice little villa. Rather run-down, but redeemable.
你准备买♥♥吗
Are you going to buy it?
不 不是的
No, no, no.
我只是个旅客 只在这儿待几天
I’m just a tourist here for the day.
是吗
So?
谁不想在托斯卡尼买♥♥座小别♥墅♥呢
Well, who wouldn’t want to buy a villa in Tuscany?
但是这对于我现在的生活来说是个可怕的想法
But the way my life’s been going that would be a terrible idea.
太可怕了
A terrible idea.
难道你不喜欢这些吗
Don’t you just love those?
对不起 是意外停车
Sorry, everybody. Unscheduled stop.
看看那些羊 天哪
Look at the sheep. Oh, my gosh.
停车
Stop the bus!
停车
Stop the bus!
有人吗
Hello?
有人吗
Hello?
妈的
Shit.
天哪 不好意思
Oh, excuse me.
对不起
Oh, I’m sorry.
能为你效劳吗 夫人
Can I help you, signora?
是的 我还以为这所房♥子在出♥售♥
Yes, I thought the house was for sale.
这房♥子确实正要出♥售♥
Oh, no. The house is for sale.
但是 不巧的是已有人买♥♥了
But, unfortunately, someone’s already buying it.
我们太喜欢这所房♥子了 今天我们就可以买♥♥下
We like it very much, and we’ll buy it today.
很好 请稍等
Very good. One moment please.
对不起
Excuse me.
他们想买♥♥下 他们也同意出那个价
They want it. They agree on the price.
这么快 看来我们要价太低了
So soon? Then we asked too little.
至少应该要比2000万里拉多些
Ask for 20 million lire more, at least.
对不起
I’m sorry.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我想在价格方面要有所变动
I’m afraid that there has been a change in the price.
现在要比2000万里拉多一些
It is now 20 million lire more expensive.
为什么 五分钟前还没要这么多呢
WOWhy? It didn’t get more valuable in five minutes.
因为你们同意购买♥♥了
The contessa feels she has asked too little
所以伯爵夫人认为要价太低
since you agreed to buy it.
简直是荒谬
That logic is absurd.
对不起
Excuse me?
价格是多少
What is the price?
你要跟我们竞价吗
Are you bidding against us?
等一下 我们接受新价格
Wait. We accept the new price.
不 这是座漂亮的房♥子
No, this is a beautiful house.
想得到它的人必须付出双倍价格
And whoever wants it has to pay double.
伯爵夫人是这么说的
The contessa says that
因为你们对这所房♥子很感兴趣
since there is so much interest in the house,
所以现在价格要翻翻
the price is now double.
是刚刚决定的
Since the last 10 seconds?
这很正常
Normale.
你们这群贪婪的美国人 你们认为你们才具资格
You greedy Americans. You think you’re so entitled.
你们破坏一切
You ruin everything.
我们大多数人都不会那样做的
A lot of us feel really badly about that.
我们走 我们去普罗旺斯看看
We’re going. We’ll look in Provence.
法♥西♥斯♥
Fascists!
她呢 她能出多少
And her? How much will she pay?
我们要谈谈
We’ll see.
真的是两倍价格了
Is it really double the price?
(意大利语)
我出不起两倍的价格
I can’t pay double the price.
但是 请你转告伯爵夫人
But please tell the contessa
这是我刚刚卖♥♥♥房♥♥子得到的钱 是美元
that this is what I got for my house recently in dollars.
(意大利语)
减去重新装♥修♥需要的钱
Minus the work on the place.
榔头 铲子
Hammers, buckets.
雇的男人
Men.
巧克力
Chocolate.
然后把租来的车子开出悬崖
And a rental car to drive off a cliff
当所有的这一切被证实只是一个错
when this all turns out to have been a terrible mistake.
那就是我能支付的
That’s what I can pay.
夫人
Signora.
你甚至还没有看过房♥子
You’ve not even seen the house.

Well, I…
我不能回旧金山去
I can’t go back to San Francisco.
不能
No.
不能
No.
对不起 夫人
I’m sorry, signora.
伯爵夫人的家人在这生活了几代了
The contessa’s family lived here for generations,
可以理解的是 对她来说 要出♥售♥这所房♥子太为难了
so understandably it is very difficult for her to sell.
钱并不是唯一的问题 她需要的是
Money is not the only issue. She needs…
(意大利语)
预兆
A sign.
我也相信预兆
I understand. I believe in signs, too.
谢谢 谢谢
Well, thank you. Thank you.
对不起
Please.
(意大利语)
她说什么
What did she say?
在意大利 这是个很好的预兆
In Italy, what happened to you is a very good sign.
-是吗 -是的
-It is? -Yes.
现在 你想看看♥房♥♥子吗
And now… would you like to see the house?
首先 我们开个户头 然后你就转钱
First, we open an account. Then you transfer the money.
这是法律文件 两头牛 两天
Here is the legal description. “Two oxen, two days.”
-不明白 -这是一种古老的说法
-I’m sorry. -It’s old-fashioned.
土地是由牛耕种它所花时间来测算的
The land is measured by how long it would take two oxen
这可以说得通
Oh. Oh, that makes sense.
那样就行了
Just like that?
钱还没有转过去就可以了吗
Before the money’s been transferred?
这是所房♥子 不是辆摩托车
It’s a house, not a Vespa.
你想做什么 去偷
What are you going to do, steal it?
另外 马提尼先生喜欢你
Besides, Signor Martini likes you.
好的 剩下的我们以后再说
Okay. We’ll take care of the rest later.
这很正常
Normale.
这很正常
Normale?
正常
Normale.
正常
Normale.
我在国外买♥♥了所房♥子
I have bought a house in a foreign country.
房♥子所占面♥积♥需要两头牛花两天时间来耕种
A house and the land it takes two o xen two days to plow.
不是只用一个犁 也不单单用一头牛
Not having a plow or an o x,
我不得不用他们的语言来描述这一切
I’ll have to take their word on that.
在那些新近买♥♥♥房♥♥的人中间
Buyer’s remorse is a very common affliction
购买♥♥者都会有些后悔 这是个普遍的现象
among new homeowners.
只是因为你突然有哭的冲动
Just because you have a sudden urge to weep,
但并不是说你犯了错
that doesn’t mean you’ve made a mistake.
谁都知道老房♥子都会有奇怪的事发生
Everybody knows old houses have their quirks.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!