珍妮 我饿了
I’m hungry, Jane.
哦 你当然是饿了
Of course you’re hungry.
你没有吃晚饭 那就是你为什么饿了的原因
You didn’t eat your dinner, that’s why you’re hungry.
但你忘记给我准备早餐了
But you forgot my breakfast.
我并没有忘记你的早餐
I didn’t forget your breakfast.
我是没有给你送早餐
I didn’t bring you breakfast…
因为你没有吃你的晚餐
…because you didn’t eat your din-din.
你知道 我们又回到起点了
You know, we’re right back where we started.
当我在舞台上的时候 你的一切都要依靠我
When I was on the stage, you depended on me for everything.
甚至你吃的饭都是我给你的
Even the food you ate came from me.
现在你还得靠我吃饭
Now you have to depend on me for your food again.
所以你也看见了 我们又回到起点了
So we’re right back where we started.
你为什么要这么做
Why are you doing this to me?
为什么
Why?
做什么
Doing what?
让我不敢吃东西 让我挨饿
Making me afraid to eat, trying to make me starve myself.
别傻了
Don’t be silly.
如果你挨饿的话你会死掉的
If you starve, you die.
我不知道你在说些什么 你一定是病了
I don’t know what you’re talking about. You really must be sick.
珍妮.
Jane.
你有没有仔细去想想…
Did you ever stop to think that…
…如果有任何不好的事情发生在我身上的话…
…if anything happened to me, I mean, anything bad…
…你就不会有任何钱了
…there wouldn’t be any money for you?
我就不会在这里给你的支票签字了
I wouldn’t be here to sign the checks.
你甚至连零花钱都没有
You wouldn’t even have pocket money.
你曾经想过吗
Did you ever think of that?
是的 我的确想过
Yeah, I’ve thought about that.
你为什么不吃你的晚饭
Why didn’t you eat your dinner?
因为我害怕 是你让我感到害怕的
Because I’m afraid. You made me afraid.
我想你应该是这个家里的大女儿
I thought you were supposed to be the big girl in this family.
这什么事也没有
Nothing wrong with it.
你只是一个神经质 布兰奇
You’re just a neurotic, Blanche.
你知道吗 你就是一个神经病
You know what? You’re just a neurotic.
早上好 埃尔韦拉 – 早上好
Good morning, Elvira. – Good morning.
哦 珍妮 我真的很饿了 – 我现在要走了
Please, Jane, I’m so hungry. – I have to go now.
让我吃一点儿吧 求你了
But just a little, please.
不 你没有吃你的早餐 所以你只能等到午饭时间再吃了
No. You didn’t eat your din-din, so you’ll have to wait till lunchtime.
哦 珍妮 别这样对我
Oh, Jane, please, don’t do this to me.
珍妮 珍妮 我求你了
Jane! Jane, please!
早上好 埃尔韦拉 – 早上好 珍妮
Good morning, Elvira. – Good morning, Miss Jane.
我想和你谈谈
I wanna talk to you.
我想要道歉 – 道什么歉
I want to apologize. – Apologize?
我昨天心情不是特别好 所以我对你不太友好
Yeah, I wasn’t feeling so well yesterday, so I was unkind to you.
我想补偿一下
I want to make it up.
我早上起床把房♥子收拾了一下
I got up this morning and fixed the house.
所以今天你可以不用上班了
So you can have the whole day off.
这是你的15美元工钱
Here’s your $15.
哦 谢谢 小姐
Thanks, but does Miss…?
但是我的意思是… 布兰奇小姐知道我今天放假吗
What I mean is, does Miss Blanche know about my taking the day off?
哦 那当然了 她当然知道
Oh, sure, she knows.
好吧 既然你这么说了
All right, if you say so.
下星期二见
See you next Tuesday then.
玩的开心点儿
Have a good time.
再见
Bye.
再见
Bye.
谁那么早就来了
Who was that at the door earlier?
埃尔韦拉
Elvira.
她现在在哪呢 厨房♥吗
Where is she now? In the kitchen?
不 我让她放了一天假
No. I gave her the day off.
我考虑她最近还是很辛苦的
She has a pretty hard time, considering.
我告诉她下周再来
I told her to come back next week.

Oh, Blanche.
你知道我们的地下室里有老鼠了
You know we got rats in the cellar?

No…
下午好
Good afternoon.
弗拉格先生吗
Mr. Flagg?
哦 是的 我是爱德温·弗拉格
Yes, I’m Edwin Flagg.
我和汉德森小姐在下午四点有个约会
I have an appointment with a Miss Hudson for 4:00.
我就是珍妮·汉德森
I’m Jane Hudson.
哦 你很准时 是不是
My, you’re right on time, aren’t you?
哦 我想我是的
Yes. Yes, I believe I am.
请进
Come in.
我们可以在客厅谈
We can talk here in the living room.
哦 我是说 这简直太漂亮了
I say, what a perfectly charming room.
那么 你就是爱德温·弗拉格了 -是的 我是
So you’re Edwin Flagg? – Yes, that’s right.
让我给你来一点儿茶吧 你喝茶吧
I’ll bring in some tea. You like tea?
哦 是的 我很喜欢喝茶
Oh, yes. I’m quite fond of tea.
你一定猜出来了我是一个英国人
You must’ve guessed that I’m English.
哦 真的吗 那太好了
Oh, really? How nice for you.
哦 让我来帮你
Oh, here, let me help you.
对于像你这样的一个小女孩来说这简直太重了
That’s a terribly big burden for such a little girl.
太感谢了 你真是太好了
Thank you. You’re very kind.
今天真热啊 你是开车来的吗
It’s so hot today. Did you drive here in your car?
哦 事实上我是打车来的
Well, actually, I took a cab.
出了一点儿小麻烦 我把我的车送去维修了
It’s a bit of a nuisance, but I had to put my car in for servicing.
要奶油还是柠檬 – 奶油
Cream or lemon? – Cream.
加糖吗
Sugar?
哦 看起来不错
My, it looks good.
我一直认为和陌生人一起进餐是件很不错的事 是不是
I always think it’s nice to break bread with strangers, don’t you?
是的 确实是这样
Oh, yes. Yes, indeed.
我并不认为你真正准确的提到…
I don’t think you actually mentioned the exact nature of…
哦 我已经退休好长一段时间了 我一直在照顾家里的病人
I’ve been retired for some time, taking care of someone who’s sick.
那你现在可以自♥由♥的回到你的专业当中了
Now you’re free to return to your profession?
是的 – 那具体…
Yes. – And what exactly?
我认为你是一个独唱者 你有乐器吗
I mean, I take it you’re a soloist. Some instrument?
我想你已经猜出我是谁了
I wonder if you can guess who I am.
你能给我些提示吗
Can you give me a hint?
哦 让你猜是件很不公平的事
Well, it’s not really fair to make you guess. I’m…
我是宝贝·珍妮·汉德森
I’m Baby Jane Hudson.
哦 你是说你真的是宝贝·珍妮·汉德森吗
Do you mean you’re really the Baby Jane Hudson?
是的 我是
Yes, I am.
我现在要重反舞台就像往常一样
And I’m going to revive my act exactly as I used to do it.
当然 不过现在还是在安排当中
The arrangements will have to be brought up-to-date.
音乐已经改变很多了 是不是
Music changes so much, doesn’t it?
他们不顾一切的寻找新的演出:
And they’re desperate for new acts:
电视上 拉斯维加斯还有所有的俱乐部…
Television, Las Vegas, and all the clubs.
还有许多人仍然记得我 有好多呢
Well, there are a lot of people who remember me, lots of them.
我想你一定不会失败的
I don’t see how you could fail.
你知道吗 我有一种感觉…
You know, I had a kind of a feeling…
…就在我打开门看见你的那一刹那…
…the minute I opened that door and saw you.
我就知道我们一定能够成为朋友
I just knew we were going to be friends.
我正在考虑服装的问题 – 什么
I’ve been thinking about costumes. – Costumes?
我可以照着我的旧衣服做…
I took some of my old ones down to be copied.
你不认为这是个好注意吗 – 当然
Do you think that’s a good idea? – Of course.
但我不太记得了…
Of course, I don’t quite remember…
哦 爱德温 我真是笨啊 你怎么会呢
How silly of me, Edwin. How could you?
但我真是想听听你的意见 真的 我所有的服装的书籍和材料…
But I do want your opinion. I really do. All my scrapbooks and stuff…
都在演习室里呢… 你可以去看看然后告诉我你的想法
…are in the rehearsal room. You can look at them and tell me what you think.
你一定想去看看 是不是 – 哦 那当然了
You’d like to see them, wouldn’t you? – Well, of course.
哦 我真希望爸爸现在就在这里
Oh, I wish Daddy could be here right now.
他曾经说 你永远也不会失去你的聪明和智慧
“You can never lose your talent,” he used to tell me.
你也许会失去所有的东西但你不会失去你的聪明才智
“You can lose everything else but you can’t lose your talent.”
来吧
Come on.
我想你会对这些剪辑非常感兴趣的
I think you’ll find these clippings very interesting.
爸爸从一开始就为我攒下这些了
Daddy saved them for me from the very first.
他曾经把这些夹在很贵重的书里面
He used to put them in special books.
我总很喜欢这些图片
I always liked that picture. It’s so…
充满了悲伤
It’s so sad.
稍等片刻好吗 – 哦 当然
Will you excuse me? – Certainly.
你总是把所有事的搞砸了 是不是
You always spoil everything, don’t you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!