Hang on, ma’am. Here’s your flotation device.
是啊 我大概应该全天穿着这个不要脱下来
Oh, yes. I should probably keep one of these on 24/7.
然后在那边排队去划皮艇
And then you wanna line up for the kayaking right over there.
好的 算了吧 谢谢
Okay. Oh, no, thanks.
等等 有单人皮划艇吗
Wait, do you have singles?
当然有
Yeah. Of course we do.
我们有充分的理由相信
We have every reason to believe
我妻子在爱兰歌♥娜号♥上
that my wife is on the Allegra.
我们在出发日期上
There was, uh, a misunderstanding
出现了一点误会…
about the departure date and…
误会
A misunderstanding?
对 误会
Yes, a misunderstanding.
我们想跟她会合
And we want to meet up with her.
两艘船应该在同一天
Both ships are supposed to be
到达拉可罗港
at Port Lockroy on the same day.
一切都取决于天气状况
Look, everything depends on weather conditions.
在南极并不存在
So the idea of a scheduled itinerary
准时停靠港口的计划行程
with exact port calls doesn’t really exist in the Antarctic.
你能至少帮我确认一下
Can you at least confirm for me
我妻子在那艘船上吗
that my wife is on that ship?
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
我不能透露乘客名单上的任何信息
I can’t release any information on passenger lists.
爸爸 没事的
Dad, it’s fine.
没事的 走吧
It’ll be fine. Come on.
你好
Hello.
你是谁
Hey, who are you?
有意思 我刚刚也在思考这个问题
Funny. I was just wondering that myself.
当你身处南极的船上
When you’re in a boat in Antarctica
没有夜晚
and there’s no night,
你是谁
who are you?
我想我是幽灵大♥陆♥
I-I’m thinking I’m a ghost
幽灵船上的幽灵
on a ghost ship in a ghost land.
你真的应该帮我
You really need to be helping me
采集浮游植物样本
take phytoplankton samples.
来吧
Come on.
我来采集水样 你来帮我写标签
I’ll take the water samples and you can write my labels.
别担心 我会教你的
Don’t worry. I’ll show you how.
用不着天才也能做
It doesn’t take a genius.
来吧
Here.
爸爸
Dad…
我已经决定了
I’ve come to a decision.
是吗 什么决定
Oh, yeah? What’s that?
我不想去乔特高中上学了
I don’t want to go to Choate anymore.
我想了很多
I’ve been thinking about it a lot
我知道你和妈妈上过预科学校
and I know you and Mom went to a prep school,
住在宿舍里
and it sounded fun
在管弦乐队里演奏 独♥立♥自主
living in a dorm and playing in the orchestra,
长大成人 听起来很有趣
being independent and grown up,
但是我不想那么做
but I don’t wanna do it. I just…
我不想去
I don’t wanna go.
还有四年我就要去上大学了
I only have four years until I go off to college,
所以何必急着离家呢
so I figure what’s the hurry to go?
好吧 你不用做任何
Okay, you don’t have to do anything
你不想做的事
you don’t wanna do.
我还以为你会生气
I kinda thought you’d be mad.
另外 预科学校并不是那么有趣
P.S., prep school wasn’t all that fun.
我也是这么想的
That’s what I thought.
还有其他几个研究员搭乘爱兰歌♥娜号♥
A few other researchers are bunking on the Allegra
去帕默站
en route to Palmer Station,
我们将在那里住上几个月
where we’re gonna live for the next several months.
帕默站是什么来着
What’s Palmer Station again?
科学研究中心
The scientific research center.
是的 是的 我知道
Oh, yeah. Yeah. I, I knew that.
那是只有科学家才能去的
That was, uh, that’s the southernmost spot
最南端的地方
that only scientists can go to.
不 你说的是南极站
No, you’re thinking of the South Pole Station,
它是地球上最南端的地方
which is the southernmost spot on the planet.
帕默站之后我就要去那里
That’s where I’m heading after Palmer.
实际上 我的前夫是承包商
Actually, my ex-husband is a contractor
他正在筹备投标拆除南极站
and he’s working on a proposal for the dismantling of it.
他们想建一个新的
They’re hoping to build a new one,
但我不知道为什么
but I don’t know why.
旧的南极站是网格状的圆顶屋 非常酷
The old one’s a geodesic dome. It’s very cool.
新的南极站要用什么建造
What’s the new station gonna be built from?
谁知道呢
Who knows?
他只竞标拆除南极站
He’s only doing the bid for tearing it down,
这活儿适合他
which is appropriate.
你确定把站名也写上了
You’re making sure to put the station names on there too?
是的
Yeah.
我们还会顺便去一趟
And we’ll also have side trips
拉可罗港
going to Port Lockroy,
那是二战后留下的一个英国♥军♥事前哨
a British military outpost left over from World War II.
现在它是一个南极文化博物馆
It is now an Antarctic heritage museum
信不信由你
where, believe it or not,
真的有几个人住在哪里
a couple people actually live
经营着一个礼品店和一个邮局
and run a gift shop and a post office.
所以鼓励你们
So you are all encouraged
去买♥♥南极企鹅邮票
to go buy Antarctic penguin stamps
然后寄信回家
and mail letters home.
你能带我去那艘船吗
Can you take me to that ship?
那边那艘船
That, that ship over there?
这趟只能往返拉可罗港 抱歉
Only to Port Lockroy and back on this trip. Sorry.
好了 大家
All right, everyone,
-都过来 -欢迎
– come around. – Welcome.
-我是薇薇安 -我是艾瑞斯
– I’m Vivian. – I’m Iris.
别忘了随手关门 因为…
Don’t forget to close the door behind you because…
鬼鬼祟祟的小企鹅很可能会进来
Sneaky little penguins are likely to get in
一旦它们进来了
and once they are in,
就很难请出去了
it is really hard to get them out.
欢迎来到拉可罗港
Welcome to Port Lockroy.
进来吧 靠近点
Come on in. Come a bit closer.
第二次世界大战期间 拉可罗港
During World War II, Port Lockroy was
是英国的一个秘密前哨
a secret outpost for the British…
花钱把拉可罗港改造成…
Paid to turn Port Lockroy into…
爱兰歌♥娜号♥上的乘客在哪
Where are the passengers from the Allegra?
另一艘游轮的乘客已经离开了
The other cruise ship passengers already left.
天啊
Oh, dear.
天啊 她是怎么了
Dear God, what’s wrong with her?
早上好
Good morning.
你起得真早
You’re up early.
准备好了吗
Ready?
好了
Yeah.
好吧
Okay…
那么在南极点过冬的
So what’s the ratio of men to women
男女比例是多少呢
overwintering in the South Pole?
我不知道
I don’t know.
等我回来可以告诉你
I can let you know when I get back.
南极糟透了
Antarctica sucks.
她会回到港口
She’s gonna get back to port
她不会知道我们来找她了
and she’s not gonna know that we came for her.
没事的 我们会找到她的 我不担心这个
It’s okay, we’ll find her. I’m not worried about that.
那你担心什么
What are you worried about then?
找到她之后会发生什么
What’s gonna happen when we find her.
妈妈是我最好的朋友
Mom is my best friend.
我知道
Hey, I know.
我只是想让你妈妈得到帮助
I was only trying to get your mom help.
你一定要相信这点
You have to believe that.
你真的给了她一个圣伯纳黛特吊坠吗
Is it true that you got her a Saint Bernadette medal?
是的
Yes, it is.
她赢得麦克阿瑟奖金的时候吗
When she won the MacArthur grant?
是的 那是很久以前的事了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!