Travis and Dustin,
他们就既有朋友又有理想
they have plenty of friends and plenty of purpose.
他们将来肯定能当好学生会主席的
I’m sure they’ll make great school board presidents someday.
原来是为了这个吗 你觉得自己比我们强吗
That’s what this is all about? You think you’re better than us?
反应挺快啊 你是模联的吗
Catch on quick. Are you in Model UN?
我来回答你 安德鲁
I got a reply for you, Andrew.
你觉得卡尔顿橄榄球队是个笑话吗
You think Carleton football is a joke?
来跟我们打一场
Come play with us.
你永远不会听到职业球队这样邀请你
Four words you will never hear from the NFL.
-谁想要甜点啊 -林肯中心邀请你了吗
– Who wants dessert? – Heard from Lincoln Center?
好了 都走吧
Okay guys, get out of here.
新乐谱放在门口 记得拿一份
Pick up the new chart by the door on your way out.
今晚九点准时排练
Rehearsal 9 p.m. sharp tonight.
在那以前要练好
That’s how long you have to learn it.
尼曼 你留一下
Neiman. Stick around a minute.
看到上面标的速度了吗
See the tempo marking on there?
每分钟330拍
Quarter note equals 330.
要打双倍摇摆了
That is a double-time swing.
-你就是凭这个进来的 对吧 -没错
– That’s what got you in here, right? – Oh, yeah.
缘分真是有趣 我最近又碰到个孩子
As fate would have it, I recently stumbled across another kid
在练习室里练双倍摇摆
in the practice room working on his double-time swing.
我决定给他个机会
So I’m gonna give him a shot.
-我迟到了吗 -正好
– Am I late? – Perfect timing.
进来吧 康诺利
Come on in, Connolly.
-你们俩认识吧 -对 在拿骚乐队
– Uh, you two know each other, right? – Yeah, Nassau band.
你好啊 安德鲁
What’s up, Andrew?
康诺利 我让尼曼当了临时的主力鼓手
Now Connolly, I’ve made Neiman a temporary core,
但是比赛就快到了
but with this competition coming up
我只是希望确保
I just wanna make very sure
这首曲子能尽善尽美
this chart is in the best shape it can be.
就是这首对吧
Yeah, this one right here, right?
我今早也给了康诺利一份乐谱
I gave Connolly the chart this morning.
现在我想听你们俩都打一遍 好吗
All I wanna do now is give you both a crack at it, all right?
尼曼 你先来吧 从头开始打
So, Neiman, go ahead, jump on the kit, take it from the top.
好的
Okay.
先别在意鼓点 把节奏打对就行 好吗
I don’t want you to worry about hits right now. Just tempo, okay?
准备好了吗
All set?
一 二
One, two…
不是我要的节奏 康诺利
Not quite my tempo. Connolly.
-我可以再来一遍 -康诺利 你去吧
– I can take it from the top. – Connolly, go ahead.
-我可以… -不用了 现在换康诺利打
– I can do… – No. We’ll go with Connolly now.
能借一下吗
Hey, do you mind?
好的 准备好了吗
Okay, man, ready?
一 二
One and two and…
-很棒 康诺利 -不是吧
– Perfect, Connolly. – Oh, my God.
看吧 这就是录音室乐队的美妙之处
See, this to me is the beauty of Studio Band.
你以替补身份进来
You walk in here an alternate,
说不定哪天就成了新的主力
who knows when you could be the new core.
-天啊 你是认真的吗 -谢谢
– Oh, my God, are you serious? – Thanks.
就这玩意
That shit?
我是弗莱彻
Fletcher.
谢啦 还你
Thanks, man. Here you go.
别跟弗莱彻较劲了 他就是嘴上厉害
Don’t worry about Fletcher. He’s more bark than bite.
听着 你…我能打这首曲子
Hey, look, you… I can play these charts.
-不是时候 拜托了 -我能打的 好吗
– Now is not the time, I swear to God. – I can play it, okay?
我说了现在不是时候
I said not now!
你♥他♥妈♥想要这个位置 就凭实力争取
If you want the fucking part, earn it.
我就直说了吧
I’m just gonna lay it out there.
这是我觉得我们该分手的理由
This is why I don’t think we should be together.
我想了很久 事情一定会变成这样
And I’ve thought about it a lot, and this is what’s gonna happen.
我会继续追逐我的目标
I’m gonna keep pursuing what I’m pursuing.
正因如此
Because I’m doing that,
它会越来越多地占据我的生活
it’s gonna take up more and more of my time.
我就没那么多时间陪你了
I’m not gonna be able to spend as much time with you.
就算是在你身边
And even when I do spend time with you,
我也只会想着打鼓的事
I’m gonna be thinking about drumming.
我会想着爵士乐 想着我的谱子
I’m gonna be thinking about jazz music, my charts and all that.
你会因此对我不满
Because of that, you’re gonna start to resent me.
你会让我少打点鼓
And you’re gonna tell me to ease up on the drumming,
多花时间陪你 因为你觉得自己不被重视
spend more time with you because you are not feeling important.
但我做不到这一点
I’m not gonna be able to do that.
而我也会开始埋怨你
I’m just gonna start to resent you
哪怕你只是随口说说让我不要打鼓
for even asking me to stop drumming.
我们会开始互相憎恨
We’re just gonna start to hate each other.
最后会很…会很难看
It’s gonna get very…it’s gonna be ugly.
既然如此
And so for those reasons,
我觉得不如趁早一刀两断
I’d rather just, you know, break it off clean.
因为我想变得出色
Because I wanna be great.
你现在不出色吗
And you’re not?
我想变成最出色的
I wanna be one of the greats.
我会拖你的后腿吗
And I would stop you from doing that?
是的
Yeah.
你确定我会拖你的后腿吗
You know I would stop you from doing that?
百分之百确定吗
You know that for a fact?
是的
Yes.
我会很难见到你
And I’d barely see you anyway?
-是的 -就算见到你 你也会懒得鸟我
– Yeah. – And when I did see you, you’d treat me like shit
因为我只是个没有目标的傻姑娘
because I’m just some girl who doesn’t know what she wants.
而你有自己的道路 你会变得伟大
And you have a path, and you’re going to be great,
而我只会被人遗忘
And I’m gonna be forgotten,
所以你不能花时间陪我
and therefore you won’t be able to give me the time of day
因为你有更大的追求
because you have bigger things to pursue.
这正是我想说的
That’s exactly my point.
你哪根筋搭错了
What the fuck is wrong with you?
你说得对 我们该分手了
You’re right. We should not be dating.
不用了 谢谢
I’m okay. Thanks.
操 操
Fuck! Fuck!
操♥你♥妈♥的混♥蛋♥
Fucking piece of shit!
操你
Fuck you!

Fuck!
操♥你♥妈♥的混♥蛋♥ 来啊
Fucking piece of shit! Come on!
抱歉 我们有位新鼓手 瑞恩·康诺利
Sorry, we have a new player. Ryan Connolly.
不好意思
I’m sorry.
各位先把乐器放下吧
Guys, just put your instruments down for a minute.
先听一会儿
Just listen for a minute.
六年前
Six years ago…
我在练习室碰到一个在练音阶的孩子
I came across a kid in a practice room working on his scales.
他刚刚上大二
He was early second year and
他带着无限的憧憬来到谢弗
he’d started at Shaffer with a lot of hope.
就像你们一样
Like all you guys.
可现实是他只是勉强被录取
But the truth was that he barely squeaked in to begin with,
他很难跟上进度
and he was really struggling.
老师们都跟他说
The faculty were all telling him,
“也许这条路不适合你”
“Maybe this isn’t for you.”
但我看到了他们没看到的
But they didn’t see what I saw.
这个害怕的瘦小子
This scared, skinny kid
因为吹不对音阶而咒骂着自己
cursing himself because he couldn’t get his scales right.
我在他身上看到了决心
I saw a drive in him.
我让他加入了录音室乐队
And I put him in Studio Band.
他毕业的时候
And when he graduated,
马萨利斯让他做了林肯中心的第三小号♥手
Marsalis made him third trumpet at Lincoln Center.
一年后他就成了首席
A year later, he was first.
你们听到的就是他的作品
That’s who you’re listening to now.
他叫肖恩·凯西
His name was Sean Casey.
今天早上我得知
I found out this morning that…
肖恩…
Sean…
昨天去世了
died yesterday…
是一场车祸
in a car accident.
我只是…
And I just…
我想让你们知道 他是个杰出的乐手
I wanted you guys to know he was a beautiful player.
我觉得应该让你们知道

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!