你还有闲情玩这些
Are you having much fun with these?
我还从没用过
I’ve never used them once.
我不知道我要锯子干什么
I don’t know what I was thinking with the saw.
你烧了书吗
You burning what you read?
你想要我把书烧掉
You want me to burn books?
反正你不会成为纳粹 我保证
I know you’re not gonna become a Nazi, I promise you.
不过你的背包会轻很多
But you are gonna make your pack a lot lighter.
知道吗 去肯尼迪梅多斯之前…
Okay? So… Everything before Kennedy Meadows…
等下 这些不可以
Wait. Not those.
这些会烧掉的
These will never be burned.
随便你
It’s your weight.
晚上我不会拍照的
I don’t take pictures at night.
没用过
Never.
你 你这要用这么多吗
You… You need the whole roll?
有哪个女人远足还要带12个避孕套的
What woman goes on a hike and brings 12 condoms.
嘿 艾德
HeY.Ed!
稍等一下
Wait just a minute.
不过你得寄双鞋子到那儿
But you’ll just send the boots there?
我就不做什么了
I don’t have to do anything?
非常感谢你
Thank you so much.
你永远都是我最好的伴侣
You will be my favorite company forever and ever.
好的
Okay.
太好了
Great.
詹姆斯 麦切纳怎么了
So what’s wrong with James Michener?
他太多废话了
He’s crap is what’s wrong.
他的书你也看过 太…
And which of his books have you read that are so…
我没有看过他的书
I haven’t read any of his books.
我一般读艾德丽安·里奇
I read things like Adrienne Rich
还有弗兰纳里·奥康纳的
and Flannery O’Connor.
你不也读过嘛
Which you do, too, now, by the way.
对你没有什么影响吗
Doesn’t it make a difference to you?
呃 我不知道怎么说
Um… I don’t know what to say.
我喜欢詹姆斯·麦切纳
I love James Michener!
我会永远爱着他的
And I’m not going to stop loving him!
你一定觉得很奇怪
It must be so weird for you.
什么
What?
我经历的事比你经历的多得多
That I’m just so much more sophisticated than you were
在我这个年纪 你知道吗
at my age, you know?
嗯 就是这么打算的
Yeah, that was the plan.
什么打算
What was the plan?
我一直都想让你比我经历更丰富
I always wanted you to be more sophisticated than me.
我只是没有想到有时候会受伤
I just didn’t realize it would hurt sometimes.
你为什么容忍♥我
Why do you put up with my crap?
你穿这条裙子很漂亮
You look so pretty in that dress.
等下我再给你买♥♥一条
And I’ll make you another one soon.
要是下雪你打算怎么办
What’d you decide about the snow?
如果可能的话我要奋力前进
Well, I’d like to push on, if it’s possible.
艾德跟我说很多背包客
Well, Ed told me a lot of the hikers
去一个离太平洋山脊径40英里的地方
went up the PCT another 40 miles to Trail Pass.
-是吗 -他们因为大雪不得不在那里…
-Yeah? -And that’s where they’re getting forced off
改变路线
by the snow.
然后坐巴士去里诺和特拉基
And they’re catching a bus up to Reno and on to Truckee,
再回到主干道
just, rejoining the trail at a lower elevation.
我来这儿不是坐巴士的
I didn’t come out here to ride buses.
你也有可能还没到
You probably didn’t come out here
就滑到山脚下了
to slide off the side of a mountain, either.
没错
True.
如果你还在为你自己的错忧虑的话
If you’re worried about cheating yourself,
你可以再走久一点
just make your hike longer.
你知道 呃 你可以去胡德山
You know, just, uh, walk to Mount Hood
或者众神之桥
or the Bridge of the Gods.
众神之桥
The Bridge of the Gods?
这个名字不错
I like the sound of that.
不管怎样 你都别自责了
Either way, don’t beat yourself up.
你给我的感觉就是
You, uh, you strike me as someone
你已经很了不起了
who’s done plenty of that already.
我可以骑一下我的马吗
Can I ride my horse?
芭比·格雷
Bobbi Grey?
不好意思
I’m sorry.
-多久了 -我还可以骑马吗
-How long? -Can I ride my horse?
我们会通过放射线
We’ll be giving you radiation
将你脊柱边的肿瘤缩小
to shrink the size of the tumors along your spine.
哪怕一点点摇晃都有可能扩散
The slightestjolt, it could crumble.
要多久
How long?
你没事吧 宝贝
You all right, honey?
嗯 我很好
Yeah, I’m fine.
嗨我是保罗
Hi, this is Paul.
请留言我会尽快回复
Leave a message and I’ll call you back whenever I can.
嘿 抱歉这么晚打电♥话♥给你
Hey, sorry to call so late.
谢谢
Thank you.
我在里诺 如果你在这儿的话我们可以再离一次婚
I’m in Reno. If you were here, we could get divorced again.

Um…
不管怎样 我 我还活着
Anyway, I… I’m still alive.
没什么别的好消息
And that’s all my news.
这也是我远足时学到的全部东西
And the sum total of what I’ve learned on my hike.
好的 再见
Okay. Bye.
嘿 我是谢丽尔
Hi. I’m Cheryl.
我是个没有伴侣的搭便车的女人
I’m an unaccompanied female hitchhiker.
要是我上了你的车你要强♥奸♥我
Would it be okay if I got into your car
或是肢解我也没有关系
so that you can rape and dismember me?
嘿 你要向北走吗
Hey, going north?
是的 当然
Yeah, I am, actually.
我想坐个12英里的顺风车
Okay, I just need a ride about 12 miles up.
-哦 你的背包还真大 -谢谢
-Well, that’s quite a backpack you got there. -Thanks.
我不能带上你 因为我的车没有那么多空位了
I can’t offer you a ride because I don’t have any room.
什么意思
What do you mean?
我的车已经塞满了
Yeah, I’m packed to the gills.
吉米·卡特
Jimmy Carter.
不过没关系
No relation.
我为《流浪时代》采访了很多流浪汉
I interview hobos for the Hobo Times.
走遍了美国大街小巷
Drive all over the USA.
我跟你说 流浪♥女♥ 可是很难找的
And I have to tell you. Lady hobos? Hard to find.
首先你搞错了 我不是流浪汉
I think you’re mistaken. I’m not a hobo.
其次《流浪时代》是真的吗
Second of all, that’s a real thing, the Hobo Times?
绝对是千真万确
Yeah, it’s real enough to pay for my rent and gas.
你在这路上出来多长时间了
So, how long have you been out on the road?
我不是”在路上”我在太平洋山脊径徒步旅行
I’m not “on the road.” I’m hiking the Pacific Crest Trail.
我只是要绕过那里
I just had to bypass a chunk of it
因为今年那儿要雪崩
because there was a snowfall this year.
如果你不是流浪汉 那你住在哪里
Okay, so if you’re not a hobo, where do you live?
我现在没有地方住
I’m between places right now.
等我徒步旅行完了后我可能去波特兰住
I’m probably going to live in Portland when I get off the PCT.
这太爽了
This is so fucking cool. I mean…
上一次跟一个流浪♥女♥聊天都是两年前的事了
I’ve only spoken to maybe one other female hobo in two years.
我再说一遍 我不是流浪♥女♥
Let me reiterate to you, lam not a hobo.
可能是因为女人没法走出她们的生活圈
And that’s probably because women cannot walk out of their lives.
他们要照顾孩子
They’ve got kids to take care of,
还要照顾父母
they’ve got parents to look after.
你听起来像个女权主义者
You sound like a feminist.
没错
I am.
太好了 太棒了 我喜欢女权主义者
That’s excellent. That’s fantastic. I love feminists.
你一直说你不是流浪♥女♥
So you’re trying to tell me you’re not a hobo,
那你有工作吗
so that means you have a job then, right?
我做过很多不同的工作
I’ve had a whole lot of different jobs.
几年前我在读书
Up until a couple of years ago, I was studying.
我希望你不要觉得我在问你私人问题
I hope you don’t think this is too personal,
但我发现很多人心灵受到创伤后
but I’ve noticed it’s often personal trauma
就会想着逼自己走出他们的生活
that forces people out of their life
过着流浪汉的生活 你觉得你也是这样吗
and into the hobo life. Would you say that’s been the case for you?
这就是我的生活 我只想出来透透气
This is my life. I’m just taking a little time out.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!