Oh, um, hold on, sweetheart.
无意冒犯 但是…
No offense, but…
谢谢你
Thank you.
你是打算一直看着 还是…
Well, you just gonna look at it or…
谢谢
Thank you.
丰盛
Good meal.
那么你老公
So,your husband,
你们两个是在大学认识的
the two of you meet in college?
-你的老公 -噢 保罗
-Your husband. -Oh, Paul?
-是的-嗯
-Yeah. -Yes.

Yeah.
那么他一定很疯狂
Well, he must be crazy.
对于一个男人来说 做这样的徒步旅行是很神奇的
It’s one thing for a man to take off on a hike like that,
但是让他老婆也这样
but to allow your wife to do it?
简直就是另一番情景了
Whole other thing entirely.
不是世界上所有人跟你想法都一样 弗兰克
Not everyone in the world thinks like you do, Frank.
是的 所以这就是为什么一切都很糟糕的原因
Nope, that’s why everything is so messed up.
保罗和我算是比较独♥立♥的人
Paul and I kind of do our own thing.
你没有什么想法吗
Don’t you get any ideas.
我怎么可能
How could I possibly?
你要跟她一起走吗
You gonna take off with her?
你还有帐篷吗
You have an extra tent?
你还没有走到尽头
You’d be yelling for me
你肯定就会冲着我大喊让我接你回家了
to come get you before you got to the end of the driveway.
真好吃
This is really good.
宝贝 宝贝 做我朋友
Baby, baby, be my friend
那么这个纹身对你们有什么意义呢
So, what does this tattoo mean to you guys, anyways?
只是兴趣罢了
Well, we both just really dig horses.
我们今天要离婚了
We’re getting divorced today
然后我们想我们应该搞一点
and we thought we should do something
能让大家联♥系♥在一起的东西
that bonded us together.

Oh.
好吧
Okay.
难道你们不觉得 不离婚是个更简单的办法吗
It hasn’t occurred to you guys that it might be easierjust to stay married?
-也更便宜 -嗯
-Cheaper, too. -Mmm.
至少我们不会后悔
At least we probably won’t regret it.
夫妇没必要一直在一起
Couples don’t necessarily stay married,
都更有离婚的倾向
but they tend to stay divorced.
你遇到过很多人找你洗掉纹身的嘛
You get a lot of people asking you about removing tattoos?
有时候吧
Well, sometimes.
我出轨了
I cheated on him.
不算罕见
It happens.
她看起来很愧疚
She seems sorry.
我是很愧疚
I am sorry.
谢丽尔 拜托 我们能不能…
Cheryl, come on, can we just…
拜托 伙计 一笔勾销好了
Come on, man, wipe the slate clean.
呃 这笔账不算小
Uh, it’s quite a big slate.
我出轨很多次了
I cheated on him a lot of times.
对吧”斯莱德”
Is that right? “Stryed”?
呃 不是”斯瑞德”
Uh, no, it’s “strayed.”
发音像”流浪狗”
Like a stray dog.
这张表让我填我的新姓是什么 我…
The form asked me what my new last name would be. I…
我查了下
I looked it up.
发音是对的
It just sounded right.
都办好了
You’re all set.
你们得把这些东西寄给自己
You’re going to have to mail them yourselves.
这7年很快乐也很疯狂
It’s been a wonderful and crazy seven years.
再见
Goodbye,
谢丽尔·斯瑞德
Cheryl Strayed.
东西都带齐了吗
Got what you needed?

Yes.
我现在可以不用吃冷饭了
Now I don’t have to eat cold mush anymore.
我可以吃热的了
I can eat hot mush.
根本就没老公这回事 对吧
There’s no husband, is there?
是没有 我是说 曾经有
No. I mean, there was,
但是他在明尼阿波利斯 没来太平洋山脊径徒步旅行
but he’s in Minneapolis, not on the PCT.
我那样说是因为我害怕你
I said that ’cause I was scared of you.
是的 我知道
Yeah, I knew that.
不能怪你
Can’t say I blame you.
你就没有想过放弃吗
Do you ever think about quitting?
噢 当然有每次就几分钟而已
Oh, only once every two minutes or so.
一切都那么痛 一直以来都是
Everything hurts. All the time.
-你觉得我应该放弃啊 -是的
-You think I should quit? -Yes, I do.
别听我说 我是放弃了很多东西的人
Don’t listen to me. Hell, I’ve quit a bunch of stuff.
放弃了工作 放弃了婚姻
Quit jobs, quit marriages.
我其实第一天起就该放弃徒步旅行
I’d have quit that hike after the first day.
你后悔了吗
You regret any of them?
我也别无他选
I didn’t have a choice.
我只是实在做不下去了
I just couldn’t do them no more.
遇到人生三岔口的时候 我总是选择放弃
Never been a time when there was a fork in my road.
是啊
Yeah.
就看有多难选择吧
That’s about the size of it.
小心点
Be careful.
-好的 -很高兴认识你
-All right. -Nice meeting you.
很高兴认识你 谢谢 弗兰克
Nice meeting you. Thank you, Frank!
你愿意像我带你一样吗 带上我
太棒了
Yes!
好的
Okay.
噢 天啊
Oh, my God.
噢 天啊
Oh, my God!
你做的很好 斯特雷德
You’re doing good, Strayed.
一天5到7英里
Five to seven miles a day.
照这样的速度 你大概要20年才能走完
At this rate, you’ll be finished in about 20 years.
我不饿
I’m not hungry.
我不想吃东西
I don’t miss food.
我不想念玉米片 薯片 还有鳄梨酱
I don’t miss tacos, chips and guac.
我也不想念明尼阿波利斯的雪 这倒是真的
I don’t miss Minneapolis snow, that’s for sure.
我也不想玛格丽塔
I don’t miss margaritas.
我会杀了那蛇来当小吃
I ‘d kill a snake for a sip.
我不是有毒瘾的人 我可以控制的住
It’s not like I’m some junkie. I’m in control.
是的 就像所有吸毒人那样吗
Yeah, like everyone is with drugs?
我是实验师
I’m an experimentalist.
我是一个不会拒绝的人
I’m the girl who says yes instead of no.
呃 嗨
Uh, hi!
谢丽尔·斯瑞德
Cheryl Strayed?
噢 是的 嗨
Oh, yeah, hi!
我…认识你吗
I… Do I know you?
我…在之前徒步的登记处看到你的名字了
I… I saw your name in the trail register.
你是上面唯一一个女人
You’re the only woman in there.

Right.
我是格雷格
I’m Greg!
很高兴见到你
Nice to meet you!
我要下来了
I’m coming down.
噢 好的
Oh, great!
抱歉 我没想到会有人来
Sorry. I wasn’t expecting any visitors.
那么你一天走多远呢
So how many miles a day are you doing?
这几天平均22英里吧
I’m averaging 22 at the moment.
那你明天就可以到肯尼迪了
You’ll be in Kennedy Meadows by tomorrow?
希望吧
Hope so.
我一天大概就…
I’m only managing about…
11或者12英里
11 or 12.
是啊 前几周都比较难
Uh, well, the first couple of weeks are always hard.
你要准备很多还有训练
And you do all that preparation and training,
但是没有东西能让你适应痛苦和炎热
and nothing prepares you for the pain and the heat.
是的 虽然我们选错日子了
Yeah, we picked the wrong year, though.
你是要穿越山脊吗
You, uh, bypassing the Sierra?
是的
Sure.
我什么都得穿越 是吧
I’ll bypass anything. Should I?
噢 那路被堵死了
Oh, it’s completely socked in.
十年会有一次强降雪
Biggest snowfall in a decade or so.
是的 没有人可以翻过那儿
Yeah, nobody’s getting through that.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!