– Why do you ask? – l must ask.
没有答案
There is no answer.
你该走了 亲爱的
You must go, my love.
已经很晚了
lt’s getting late.
不 再睡一会
No, not for a minute.
你该走了 如果你再睡 我就有点担心了
Yes, you must go. l’m afraid, if you stay any longer.
– 再见 – 再见
– Goodbye. – Goodbye.
我和古德龙结婚…
Shall Gudrun and l…
你认为是不是太草率了?
rush into marriage along with you?
如果我是你 我不会结婚
lf l were you, l wouldn’t marry.
但你该去问古德龙 而不是我
But ask Gudrun, not me.
你又不是要娶我 不是吗?
You’re not marrying me, are you?
我还以为你是婚姻的崇拜者
l thought you were dead nuts on marriage.
婚姻有很多种 正如有各种鼻子…
There are all kinds of marriages, and there are all kinds of noses…
平而短的 及其他的
snub and otherwise.
你认为我结婚不妥?
And you think that if l marry, it’ll be snub?
另外一个答案是什么?
What’s the alternative?
如果你不知道 那就不要结婚
lf you don’t know, don’t do it.
根据过去的感觉 婚姻是令人厌恶的
Marriage, in the old sense, seems repulsive…
世界上的每对父亲都有自己的小屋
The whole world in couples, each couple in its own little house…
照看自己的利益 隐私
watching its own little interests, stewing in its own privacies.
这是世界上最令人厌恶的事情
lt’s the most repulsive thing on earth.
是的 我非常同意 婚姻有其糟粕
Yes, l quite agree. There’s something inferior about it.
再问一下 二选一的答案是什么?
There again, what’s the alternative?
我们必须找到
We’ve got to find one.
我相信男女之间有种永恒的关联
l do believe in a permanent union between a man and a woman.
不过那仅仅是个过程
Chopping about is merely an exhaustive process.
但是 男女间的关系并不是最终的定论
But a permanent relationship between a man and a woman isn’t the last word.
当然不是
lt certainly isn’t.

Quite.
我们必须从根基上抛弃爱和婚姻的想法
We have to take down this love-and-marriage ideal from its pedestal.
我们需要那种更为广阔的关系
We want something broader.
我相信男人与男人间 存在着非常完美的关系
l believe in the additional perfect relationship, between man and man.
对婚姻的辅助
Additional to marriage.
我看不出它们有什么相同
l don’t see how they can be the same.
不 是不相同 但是非常重要
No, not the same, but equally important…
平等的创造性 平等的神圣
equally creative, equally sacred, if you like.
我知道你相信这些东西
l know you believe something like that.
只是 我感觉不到它
Only, l can’t feel it, do you see?
古德龙可能和我们一样要结婚了
Gudrun might rush into marriage like us.
是不是很好?
Wouldn’t that be nice?
古德龙是个天生的情人
Rubbish. Gudrun is a born mistress,
杰拉尔德也是一样
just as Gerald is a born lover.
如果所有女人不是妻子就是情人
lf all women are either wives or mistresses,
那古德龙就是情人
then Gudrun is a mistress.
所有的男人不是情人就是丈夫
And all men are either lovers or husbands.
为什么不能同时是?
Why not both?
不 两者是相互排斥的
No, the one excludes the other.
那我要一个情人
Then l want a lover.
噢 不 不行
Oh, no, you don’t.
不 我要
Yes, l do.
– 这个多少钱? – 十先令
– How much is it? – Ten shillings.
不 我们不要
No, we don’t want that.
我们可以用我自己的家具
We can have my furniture from the house.
– 真漂亮 – 什么?
– lt’s so beautiful. – What?
很完美
So pure.
– 我只出五先令 – 好吧
– l’m only going to give you five shillings. – Right.
差点伤碎我的心
lt almost breaks my heart.
我心爱的祖国
My beloved country.
即使制♥作♥这椅子 也要表达某种意味
lt had something to express, even when it made this chair.
现在我们能做的就是搜索大量的垃圾
Now all we can do is to fish amongst rubbish heaps…
为过去的遗物默哀
for remnants of the old expression.
我们不再有生产
There’s no production in us anymore…
只有肮脏和机械
just sordid and foul mechanicalness.
我讨厌你的过去
l hate your past.
我厌倦了
l’m sick of it.
我是个被诅咒的人
Not as sick as l am of the accursed present.
我必须希望过去再发生
l don’t want the past to take its place.
我不要旧东西
l don’t want old things.
问题是 我们根本不想要东西
The truth is, we don’t want things at all.
我讨厌我自己的房♥子 家具
The thought of a house and furniture of my own is hateful to me.
女士 这是你的
Madam, it’s yours.
希望你们俩在一起快快乐乐
l hope you will both be very happy together.
我们必须生活在别处
We must live somewhere.
不 不是别处 是任意的地方
No, not somewhere, anywhere.
没有固定的地方
Not have a definite place.
只有你和我 还有其他几个人
Just you and me and a few others.
我们不用穿衣服 没有任何烦恼
Where we needn’t wear any clothes, and can be ourselves without any bother.
鲁伯特 你和我 其他几个人?这是什么意思?
Rupert, what do you mean, you, me and a few other people?
你难倒我了
You’ve got me.
我一直想象和少数几个人在一起的快乐
l always imagined our being happy with a few other people.
– 为什么? – 我不知道
– Why should we be? – l don’t know.
人应该渴望一种更进一步的伙伴关系
One has a hankering after a sort of further fellowship.
为什么你渴求其他人?
Why should you hanker after other people?
为什么你需要他们?
Why should you need them?
你不需要他们?
Don’t you need them?
那就我们俩?
Or does it just end with us two, then?
是的 你还要什么?
Yes. What more do you want?
如果大家相互照顾 我会要的
lf people care to come along, we’ll let them.
但是你不能根据自己的意愿去做任何事情
But it must happen. You can’t do anything about it with your will.
你似乎认为自己可以强迫鲜花盛开一样
You always seem to think you can force the flowers to come out.
有人爱我们 你无法强迫他们
People must love us because they do. You can’t make them.
我知道
l know.
但是那一个人不是会很孤单?
But must one just go on as if one’s alone in the world?
你已经有了我 为什么还要其他人?
You’ve got me. Why should you need others?
你必须学会一个人的生活
You must just learn to be alone.
两个茶杯
Two teas, please.
你知道杰拉尔德·科里奇
Did you know that Gerald Crich
建议我们一起去过圣诞节吗?
suggested we all go away together at Christmas?
是的 他和鲁伯特提到这事情
Yes, he’s spoken to Rupert about it.
你说这是不是好事?
Don’t you think it’s amazingly cool?
我更希望他去说
l rather like him for it.
鲁伯特怎么说的?
And what did Rupert say?
他说这是最令人愉快的事情
He said it would be most awfully jolly.
你不这样认为吗?
Well, don’t you think it would be?
正如你说的 可能是吧
l think it might be awfully jolly, as you say…
不过 你不认为这样对鲁伯特说是不是有点失礼?
but don’t you think it was an unpardonable liberty speaking to Rupert like that?
厄休拉 他们是两个大男人
l mean, Ursula, they could be two men…
安排他们所选择的外出旅游
arranging an outing with some little type they picked up.
哦 不
Oh, no.
不是这样的
Nothing like that.
我认为鲁伯特和杰拉尔德之间的友谊很好啊
l think the friendship between Rupert and Gerald is rather beautiful.
他们都很简单 两人无话不说 像是亲兄弟
They’re so simple. They say anything to each other, like brothers.
这也是我喜欢杰拉尔德的地方
There’s something l love about Gerald.
他比我想象得更可爱
He’s really much more lovable than l thought him.
他是自♥由♥的 古德龙
He’s free, Gudrun.
真的是
He really is.
你知道他想去哪吗?
Do you know where he proposes to go?
泽马特附近
Near Zermatt.
我不知道确切在哪
l don’t know where exactly.
可能会很可爱 你认为呢?
lt would be rather lovely, don’t you think?
高山 洁白的雪
High up, in the perfect snow.
非常得可爱
Very lovely.
我认为杰拉尔德向鲁伯特提到过这事
l think Gerald spoke to Rupert about it…
因此 应该不像是某种类型的…
so that it shouldn’t seem like an outing with a…
旅游
type.
我知道他通常都会这样做
l know that he does commonly take up with that sort.
是吗?
Does he?
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
我认识切尔西的一个模特
l know of a model in Chelsea.
希望他和她过得开心

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!