我们两个人名字都和夏天有联♥系♥
We started a summer names club.
[Summer:夏天 August:八月]
莎莫 奥古斯特 明白了么
Summer, August. Get it?
真是太好了 奥吉
Good for you, Auggie.
你姐姐维娅在吗?
Um, where’s Via, anyway?
她和男朋友出去了
She’s out with her boyfriend.
真的吗?
Really?
是啊 上星期我见过他 他可好了
Yeah. We met him last week. He’s super nice.
我很想你 汤姆船长(宇宙飞船船长 这里用来指奥吉)
I’ve missed you, Major Tom.
我也很想你 米兰达
I miss you too, Miranda.
奥吉 能帮我告诉你姐姐 我也很想她吗?
And can you tell Via that I’ve missed her, too?
你为什么不自己告诉我姐姐啊
Well, but why don’t you just tell her yourself?
我得挂电♥话♥了 妈妈正在喊我 还有
Listen, I gotta go, my mom’s calling me, but, um,
你随时都可以随时给我打电♥话♥
you know that you can call me any time, right?
好的
Yeah.
好的 随时联♥系♥我
Okay, so call me any time.
好的
I will.
圣诞快乐 奥吉
Merry Christmas, Auggie.
圣诞快乐 米兰达
Merry Christmas, Miranda.
[米兰达]
– 拆礼物吧 – 撕开包装
– Get after it. – Open it. Rip it apart.
我和维娅从幼儿园起就是好朋友了
Via and I have been best friends since kindergarten.
天啊 是宇航员头盔!
Oh, my God!
她的家就像我的第二个家
Her family’s always been like my second family.
奥吉就像我的亲弟弟
Auggie’s always felt like my little brother.
感觉怎么样?
How does it feel?
– 太棒了 – 不错
– Awesome. – Good.
我们有几年还一起过了圣诞节
And for a few years even our family’s spent Christmas together.
大家说“圣诞快乐”!
Everybody say “Merry Christmas”!
圣诞快乐!
Merry Christmas!
我爸爸现在和新妻子生活
But now my dad’s busy with his new wife.
爸爸的新妻子是他以前的老板
Who was his old boss.
我妈妈忙着借酒消愁
And my mom, well, she’s busy not getting over that.
我在夏令营找到一份工作
I got a job at a summer camp.
这样即使不回家我也有地方去
Just so I’d have somewhere to go that wasn’t home.
有一天 我发誓我真的不是故意的 但是…
One day, and I swear I didn’t plan this, but…
我对我夏令营的女孩们编起了自己的身世
I started playing this little make believe game with the girls in the camp.
我住在一个大的褐色砂石房♥子里
I said I lived in a huge brownstone.
房♥子坐落在一个环境优雅的街道上
On a nice street.
和我最爱的父母住在一起
With my two awesome parents.
还有一只叫黛西的狗
And my awesome dog named Daisy.
我可爱的弟弟 面部有些畸形
And my awesome little brother with a facial deformity.
我的天 大家都对我感兴趣了
And, oh, my God, everyone went crazy.
什么叫脸部畸形?
“What do you mean, ‘deformity’?
他长什么样子?
“What does he look like?”
突然间 所有人都来找我说话
Suddenly, everyone wanted to talk to me.
夏令营结束时 我成了最受欢迎的女孩
And by the end of summer, I was the most popular girl in camp.
当我回到家中 我想打给维娅
When I got home, I wanted to call Via.
但是她可能会问我 父母的情况以及在夏令营过的怎么样
But she would’ve asked me about my parents and about camp.
后来我看到维娅试镜这部话剧
And then I saw Via audition for the play.
才想起来她多有魅力
And I remembered how cool she is.
现在我终于明白了
And how I understood why everyone in camp
为什么我假装成维娅的时候 我在夏令营才更受欢迎
loved me more when I pretended to be her.
她以前总带着奥吉和我们一起出去玩
She used to let Auggie hang out with us all the time.
他的宇航员头盔还是我买♥♥的
I was the one who bought him his astronaut helmet.
他特别喜欢太空
He was so into outer space.
以前我想告诉他房♥间外面的世界更精彩
And I wanted him to know that the world was bigger than his room.
现在他走出了房♥门 而我却不知道
And now he’s out there. And I didn’t even know.
我本来能帮他 或许他也可以帮助我
I could’ve helped him. Maybe he could’ve helped me.
谁知道呢
I don’t know.
不过我现在真的希望有人帮帮我
But I could sure use some help right now.
太爽了!
That was awesome!
看 是杰克·威尔
Hey, look, there’s Jack Will.
我们再找个雪坡吧
Let’s find another hill.
奥吉 你不可能永远都躲着他
You can’t just keep avoiding him forever, Auggie.
快点 我们走吧!
Come on, let’s go!
十 九 八 七 六 五 四
10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4.
三 二 一 新年快乐!
3. 2. 1. Happy New Year!
– 新年快乐! – 新年快乐!
– Happy New Year! – Happy New Year!
谢谢黛西的帮忙 真是辛苦你了
Thanks for the help, Daisy. Way to put your back into it.
那你呢?
What about you?
圣诞节最棒了 我们开车到山里
Christmas was awesome. We drove up into the mountains
从没见过那么美的大雪
where they had the most amazing snow I’ve ever seen.
– 那里的雪就像粉末一样 – 真不错!
– It was like powder. – Nice.
你呢 杰克?
What about you, Jack?
我去了骷髅山那儿真的很棒
I went up Skeleton Hill. It was the best.
骷髅山?
Skeleton Hill?
我不喜欢那个地方!
I hate that place!
那个地方应该叫做垃圾山
Should be called Garbage Hill.
我上次去的时候 我把旧雪橇扔在那里了
I know, right? I left my old lightning sled up there last time I was up.
破的不能再破了
It was the crappiest piece o’ junk.
我第二天再去那里的时候 竟然不见了
Went back the next day and someone had taken it.
可能是流浪汉想用它滑雪吧
Hey, maybe a homeless guy wanted to go sledding.
对 对 对
Yeah.
新的箴言
New precept.
一个人的善举将万古流芳
Your deeds are your monuments.
考古学家在古埃及坟墓的墙壁上
Archaeologists found these words inscribed
发现了这句话
on the walls of an ancient Egyptian tomb.
现在有谁知道这句话的意思么?
Can anybody tell me what they mean?
莎莫?
Summer?
我认为这句话的意思是
I think it means that the things we do
我们的所作所为是很重要的
are the things that matter most.
很好 还有谁要回答的?
Excellent. Anybody else?
莎莫 等一下
Hey, Summer.
有事吗?
Hey. You okay?
恩…那个…
Yeah. Fine. Just…
你可能会觉得我说的话有点傻 但是…
This is gonna sound stupid, but…
你知道为什么奥吉不理我了吗?
do you know why Auggie stopped liking me?
你应该自己去问他
You should ask him.
我想问他 但是自从万圣节以后 他就不理我了
I have, but ever since Halloween, he just won’t talk to me.
我想… 算了 我不问了 对不起打扰了
I mean… You know what? I don’t care. Sorry.
鬼脸
Ghostface.
等等 什么?
Wait, wait, what?
我只能告诉你这么多了
That’s all I can tell you.
好吧…
Okay…
测验已经结束了
Now that we’ve finished our tests,
该来计划下我们
I want you all to start thinking about
五年级的科学竞赛项目内容了
our fifth grade science fair projects.
春假之后就要开始着手准备了
Which you will need to work on to have ready after spring break.
明白了吗 主题不限
Okay? Now it could be about anything.
重点是你们喜欢自己的作品
The point is to create something you’re excited about.
乐意展现自己的作品
Something you’re proud to show.
威尔同学?
Mr. Will?
你在想什么比老师说的更重要的事么?
Something more important to think about?
没有
No.
现在 两位同学组成一组
So, it’ll be teams of two.
你们要和同桌合作
Your partner will be your tablemate.
佩托沙老师
Uh, Ms. Petosa?
我知道我们应该是两人一组
I know we’re supposed to be in pairs,
但是杰克 阿莫斯和我早就想好了一个科学竞赛项目
but Jack, Amos and I had this science fair project idea
我们想三个人一起做
that we wanted to work on together.
好的 我想你们可以调整…
Okay, maybe we can switch.
不用了
Uh, no.
什么?
Sorry?
怎么了?
What?
不了 我就和我的同桌一组吧
No, um, it’s okay. I’ll stay with who I’ve got.
我就和奥吉一个组
I’ll stick with Auggie.
杰克 为什么要那么做?
Hey! What did you do that for?
我不想换
Dude, I don’t want to switch.
为什么不换?难道你真想和那个怪物一组么?
Why not? Do you really wanna be partners with that freak?
土什曼先生 我很抱歉打了朱利安
Dear Mr. Tushman, I’m very sorry for punching Julian.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!