呼啸山庄
原著 艾米莉·勃朗特
不认识我了吗 奈莉
You do not know me, Nelly?

Look!
我不是陌生人
I’m not a stranger!
真的是你吗
Is it really you, is it?
是我
Yes.
希斯克里夫
Heathcliff.
他们在家吗 她在哪 她在这儿吗
Are they at home? Where is she? Is she here?
回答我
Speak!
说啊
Speak!
奈莉 什么事
Yes, Nelly, what is it?
从格明顿来了个人希望见你 夫人
A person from Gimmerton wishes to see you, ma’am.
看了你传的纸条 我以为再也见不到你了
When I read your note I thought I would never see you again.
你为何不相信 我会回来呢
Why didn’t you believe that I would return?
别生气 亲爱的
Not angry, my love.
先别生气
Not now.
可怜的希斯克里夫
Poor Heathcliff.
明天我会以为是自己在做梦
I shall think it a dream tomorrow!
真的不敢相信我还能再见你 触摸你
I’ll not be able to believe that I have seen and touched
再跟你讲话
and spoken to you once more.
我们何时才能独处
When can we be alone?
何时
When?
主人请您带客人进去 夫人
The Master would like you to bring your guest in, Madam.
他觉得您在屋外会客 很不得体
He thinks it unseemly for you to be standing out here with a gentleman
埃德加 埃德加
Edgar! Edgar!
希斯克里夫回来了
Heathcliff’s come back!
好了 别因为这事把我勒死
Well, well, don’t strangle me for that!
我知道你不喜欢他
I know you didn’t like him.
但为了我 你们必须要做朋友
Yet for my sake, you must be friends now!
凯希 你尽管欢喜 可别做得荒唐
Cathy, try to be glad, without being absurd!
用不着让全家人看到
The whole household need not witness the sight of
你像欢迎兄弟一样欢迎一个逃跑的仆人
your welcoming a runaway servant as a brother!
看我在大厅遇到谁了
Look who I discovered in the hall.
希斯克里夫先生简直变得让人认不出了 对吧 埃德加
Has Mr Heathcliff not changed beyond all recognition, Edgar?
不 那倒未必
Not entirely. No.
请坐 先生
Sit down, sir.
林顿夫人 回想旧日交情
Mrs Linton, recalling old times,
定会让我热烈欢迎你的
would have me give you a cordial reception,
当然 我是很乐意去做的
and, of course, I am gratified
只要能让我妻子开心就行
when anything occurs to please my wife.
你妻子 是啊
Your wife. Oh, yes.
听说你们昨天刚结婚
I heard you married only yesterday.
很遗憾您没早点来 希斯克里夫先生
A pity you did not come sooner, Mr Heathcliff,
不然你也会在婚礼上玩得很欢快的
you could have made merry at the celebrations.
我不怎么擅长制♥造♥欢乐气氛 伊莎贝拉小姐
I am not much of a one for making merry, Miss Isabella.
您忙着赚钱呢 我毫不怀疑
Too busy making your fortune, no doubt.
你凭什么认为我赚到钱了
And what would make you think I have made a fortune?
我可以从您的举止衣着看出
I can see by your bearing and your dress
您在外的时间可不是在
that you have not spent your time away from us
买♥♥卖♥♥马匹或卜卦算命 不像某些人认为的
trading horses and reading fortunes as some might think.
说得没错
That much is true.
你是来告诉我们你如何发达的吗 希斯克里夫先生
So, are we to learn how you have made your money, Mr Heathcliff?
正如人之常情
The same way as any man.
趁人之危 抢占便宜咯
By taking advantage of other men’s weaknesses.
您一定要原谅希斯克里夫 林顿先生
You must forgive Heathcliff, Mr Linton.
他一向喜欢挑衅
He always liked to provoke.
凯希 茶要凉了快端过来吧 我有点渴
Cathy, unless we are to have cold tea, I am thirsty
而希斯克里夫还要走很长的路
and Mr Heathcliff will have a long walk,
尽管不知他在何处落脚
wherever he may lodge tonight.
其实没那么远 我住在呼啸山庄
Not so far, really. I am staying at the Heights.
我今早去拜访时 亨德利邀请我的
Hindley invited me this morning when I called.
亨德利邀请你? 真的吗
Hindley invited you! Really?
对 早上我去打听恩肖小姐的事
Yes, I called to enquire about Miss Earnshaw.
抱歉 我是说林顿夫人
Sorry, I mean Mrs Linton.
难道你丝毫不担心
Have you no fear of the consequences
跟过去虐待你的人一起住的后果吗
of fixing your dwelling with your ancient persecutor?
我的精明 足以保护好自己
I think my strong head will keep me from danger.
而且你大哥的道德
And your brother can hardly be
已经如此 也就无从再堕落了吧
made morally worse than he is already now, can he?
我一直以为你最后会嫁给亨德利 伊莎贝拉小姐
I always imagined you might end up marrying Hindley, Miss Isabella.
我吗
Me?
我不会的 他不够帅
I think not. Not nearly handsome enough.
有人向伊莎贝拉小姐求婚了吗
Miss Isabella has a suitor?
布兰顿怎能算是啊
I would hardly call Mr Brendan a suitor.
相信凯希会告诉你
Well, as I’m sure Cathy will tell you,
女性会突然无法抵抗地
the female heart can feel a sudden and irresistible attraction
被最不可能的男人吸引
towards the most unlikely of men.
你同意吧
Wouldn’t you agree, …
埃德加
Edgar?
我很清楚自己内心的渴求
I know what my own heart tells me and
我敢说 任何男人都该这样
that is all any man needs to know as far as I can tell.
看来我离开期间 大家都变聪明了啊
Well, it seems we have all grown wiser in the years of my absence.
确实 先生
Indeed, sir.
我希望你说得没错
I hope that is true.
不跟姑姑问好吗 亲爱的
Do you not have a greeting for your aunt, darling?
哈里顿 谁把你教的这样无礼
Hareton, who has taught you the fine manners, eh?
一个月婚姻生活如何
So how has married life been treating you this past month?
他人呢
Where is he?
外面荒野上
Out on the moors.
检查我将出♥售♥的一些土地去了
Inspecting some land I have for sale.
以为他挫败了我
He imagines he outflanks me.
他会毁了你的
He will destroy you.
他出大价钱租的
He pays me good rent.
租这里住吗
For living here?
是出钱住在你的旧房♥间里
For sleeping in your old room.
“你自以为挥的是鞭 我听着恰似琴音出弦”
“Horse whip for you and a fiddle for me.”
什么
What?
你不记得了 是吗
You don’t remember, do you?
为何不早点来 我等你好几周了
Why did you not come sooner? I have waited weeks to see you!
我已婚了
I am a married woman.
每时每刻都受到监管和注意
Every movement is monitored and remarked upon.
你成了婚姻的小囚犯
You have made yourself a pretty prison,
你应该耐心等我的 别急着结婚
have you not, by being too impatient to marry.
可是你之前毫无音讯
You gave me not a word.
三年了 你生死不明 音讯全无
In three years, not one indication whether you were alive or dead.
当我知道你要结婚 我只有一个念头
When I heard that you were to marry I had one thought in my head.
我要回来 最后看你一眼
I would return, have one glimpse of your face,
找亨德利报仇雪恨
settle my score with Hindley
然后自尽免受法律惩罚
then prevent the law by executing myself.
现在我明白我早该举枪了
Now I see I should have stuck to my guns.
你早就听闻我的婚讯
You knew when I was to marry,
却未及时回来 阻止我吗
and you did not return in time to stop me from taking such a step?
之前你的心就已经背叛我了
You had already betrayed me with your heart.
所以你在我婚礼当天回来惩罚我吗
So you returned on my wedding day to punish me?
那是什么 -什么
What is that? – What?
你的眼神
There is a look in your eyes.
天哪 那是内疚
My God! I think it is guilt.
你跟他在一起过了 是吗
You have been with him, haven’t you?
你跟埃德加睡过了 是吗 -他是我丈夫
You have laid with Edgar, haven’t you? – He is my husband.
你以为你那虚伪的婚姻对我有意义吗
You think your pretend marriage matters to me?
要让我如何看你
How am I to look at you?
想着他那苍白无力的手 也曾拥你入怀
How am I to touch you knowing that his milky feeble hands
如今叫我再怎么拥抱你
have held you as I am holding you?
你让我恶心 -对不起
You disgust me! – I’m sorry.
对不起 我对不起你
I’m sorry. I’m sorry.
原谅我吧
Forgive me.
我都做了些什么
What have I done?
我都做了什么呀
What have I done?
来玩”大满贯”如何
How about a game of three’s up?
猜对了 就全部赢回去
You call it, you win it all back.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!