每分每厘 -要是我猜错了呢
Every penny. – And what if I should call wrong?
我就带你去院子 脱掉你的衬衫鞭打你
I’d take you to the yard, strip you of your shirt and flog you,
就像你以前鞭打我一样
just as you flogged me.
希斯克里夫先生 天就要亮了
Mr Heathcliff, I think it’s nearly daylight out there.
我们还是先走吧
We’d probably best be going.
别 别动 索尔
Now, now, Saul.
我将亨德利带到你面前 夜夜豪赌
I bring you Hindley night in, night out,
带足金钱 就快到终局了
plump with cash, ripe for the plucking.
你好歹也该卖♥♥个面子
I think it’s only good manners
待到亨德利命运终决的一刻
that you stay until Hindley’s fate is decided.
你怎么说 亨德利
What do you say, Hindley?
我的赌注是钱 你的赌注是皮肉
My cash against the skin on your back.
然后赌我的血吗
Then my blood?
何乐不为
Why not?
有何不可
Why not?
开牌吧
Call it.
背面
Tails.
是正面
Heads.
索尔
Saul,
马房♥门后有鞭子
behind the stable door you will find a whip.
每节鞭子上涂油 以免鞭子卡肉里去
Oil each tail so they don’t snag in his open wounds.
我觉得你已经羞辱他羞辱够了 希斯克里夫先生
I think perhaps you’ve humiliated him enough, Mr Heathcliff.
目前这种程度的羞辱
I cannot feel any satisfaction for the humiliation
我感觉不到任何满足
I have heaped upon him so far.
复仇越多 我就渴望越多
And the more revenge I get, the greater my appetite for it.
看看那小孩 先生 想想哈里顿吧
The lad, sir. Think about Hareton.
你真是好人 索尔
You are a good man, Saul.
好人啊
A good man.
我原本也会是个好人 可我遇到了亨德利
I could have been a good man once but then I met Hindley.
将来我要和你坐下来好好谈谈
One day I must sit you down
你再告诉我怎样做好人
and you can tell me how to be good.
先生们
Gentlemen,
感谢你们带来这愉快的夜晚
thank you for a diverting evening.
各位请便吧
See yourselves out.
你还好吧 亲爱的
Are you well, my love?
只是有点累
Just a little tired.
最近天气越来越好
Perhaps now the weather grows finer,
或许我们会更常见到希斯克里夫先生
we will see some more of Mr Heathcliff.
希斯克里夫先生应该已满足了好奇心
I think Mr Heathcliff has satisfied his curiosity
现在开始 不大会再露面了
and from now on we shall see very little of him.
真遗憾
That is a shame.
为什么这么说
Why so?
因为我喜欢他 渴望他的陪伴
Because I liked him and I desired his company.
你不会指望希斯克里夫也爱上你吧
Surely you do not covet the admiration of Heathcliff?
希望我误解了你的意思 伊莎贝拉
I hope I misunderstood you, Isabella
你没误解
You’ve not misunderstood me.
你可别以为他是合适人选
You can’t consider him an agreeable person.
出自《伊索寓言》指自己不能享用 又不肯让给别人
你就是占马槽之狗 凯希
You are a dog in the manger, Cathy,
希望除了自己 别人都得不到爱 -够了
and desire no-one to be loved but yourself! -That is enough!
不许再对我妻子如此无礼
You shall not talk to my wife like that again,
伊莎贝拉 你该道歉
Isabella, you shall apologise!
抱歉 嫂子
I am sorry, sister.
我就知道你一定会来
I knew you would come in the end!
伊莎贝拉小姐在家吗
Is Miss Isabella at home?
伊莎贝拉小姐
Miss Isabella?
她在家吗
Is she home?
拜托
Now, come.
我很喜欢她 不允许你利用和毁了她
I like her too well to let you absolutely seize and devour her up.
另外 我不同意你见她 -你不同意?
Besides, I would not approve. – You would not approve?
你对我如此可恶 是可恶 听到了吗
You, who have treated me infernally? Infernally. Do you hear!
如果你还自作聪明地以为我不知道 你就是傻瓜
And if you flatter yourself that I don’t perceive it, you are a fool.
亲爱的 别这么说
Darling, do not speak like this.
如果你以为我还能被甜言蜜语控制 你就是蠢货
If you think I can be consoled by sweet words you are an idiot.
所以我再问一遍
So I will ask you again,
伊莎贝拉小姐在家吗
is Miss Isabella at home?
希斯克里夫
Heathcliff,
我很自豪地告诉你
I am proud to show you at last
有人比我自己更爱你
somebody who dotes on you more than myself.
亲爱的嫂子 我觉得…
Sister, dear, I really don’t think…
我相信我可怜的小姑子 光是欣赏着
I am sure that my poor little sister in law is breaking her heart
你身心的美 就已经陶醉了心
by mere contemplation of your physical and moral beauty.
凯希 你太过分了
Cathy. This is most unfair!
希望你不要介意 我先告退
Be kind enough to excuse me.
凯希忘了你和我算不上熟识好友
Cathy forgets that you and I are not intimate acquaintances
她或许自觉玩笑很有趣 我却觉得痛苦难以言喻
and what amuses her is painful to me beyond expression.
你不该拿那可怜的姑娘作乐的
You had no reason to treat the poor girl in such a manner.
别因此苦恼
Do not fret.
我宁愿在寒冬将金丝雀扔进公园里冻死
I would as soon as put a canary in the park on a winter’s day
也好过让她对你倾心
than recommend she bestow her heart on you.
真能那样倒也很相称啊 不是吗
There would be a certain symmetry though, would there not?
我是说 如果伊莎贝拉·林顿和我成为情侣的话
…in Miss Isabella Linton and I becoming lovers.
或许你的财富让你变了
Perhaps your fortune has changed you.
我的财富在方方面面都改变了我
My fortune has changed me in every regard.
除了一点
Except one.
如果那一点也能改变 我十分乐意
And if I could change that too I would do so.
这是什么
What is this?
此协议规定 希斯克里夫先生有优先权
This is an agreement that Mr Heathcliff has the first option
购买♥♥你将来想出♥售♥的任何土地或建筑
to purchase any more land and buildings you may wish to sell.
这是你的账余额 先生
This is the balance of the account, sir.
约瑟夫 给”猎人”装上鞍
Joseph! Saddle up Hunter.
我先去赌场找点乐子 我已经转运了
I’ll find a game in the “Bull” First, my luck has changed.
如果我早知道只用3个月就毁了那男人
Had I known I could ruin that man in the space of three months,
我就该早点回来的
I would have come back sooner.
我以为我永远找不到这地方呢
I thought I would never find this place.
所以我让你骑凯希的马过来
That’s why I told you to bring Cathy’s horse.
她的马就算在黑暗里也可以载你过来
She could find her way up here in the dark.
你把小情人都带到此处约会吗
Is this the place where you bring all your sweethearts?
在你之前只有凯希
Only Cathy before you.
以后永远都是那样吗
And is that how it is always going to be?
凯希永远在我前面?
Cathy before me?
上次在画眉山庄 我在你身上看到了一种精神
I saw a spirit in you last time I saw you at the Grange,
伊莎贝拉 那一直让我难以忘怀
Isabella, that has stayed with me.
似乎你哥哥如妇人般柔弱
It is as though your brother has a woman’s gentleness
你却斗志顽强
and you have all the fight.
我分不清这话算不算是在恭维我
I cannot tell whether you are flattering me or not.
你听到的都是我的斑斑劣迹
Everything you hear about me is bad.
但你却在我身上发现了善念
Yet you see some good in me,
不然你又怎会来此
else why would you be here?
或许我就是喜欢你那坏男孩的特质
Perhaps I am attracted to the bad in you.
不 别拿那个开玩笑
No. Do not make a joke of it.
我长这么大 很少有人在我身上看到善念
A person who sees good in me is a sensation I experience so rarely
那让我感动到想要去试着爱上你
that it is enough to make me want to at least try to love you.
你展现给世界的都是阴暗面
I knew you are a man who presented a darkness to the world
因为那样才能最好地保护你
because that is what protected you best.
我知道你的灵魂一定受到煎熬
And I know your soul must be in torment
去相信阴暗才是对自己最好的保护
for you to believe such a thing.
你到底想干什么 搅乱我们的生活
What are you about? Raising this stir?
我告诉过你不要碰伊莎贝拉 我求你
I said you must let Isabella alone, I beg you.
除非你厌倦了在此受到招待
Unless you are tired of being received here
希望埃德加将你赶出去
and wish Edgar to draw the bolts against you!
他大可那么做 他竟然能忍♥到现在
God forbid he should try! God keep him meek and patient!
我对希斯克里夫的爱远胜你对埃德加的爱
I love Heathcliff more than you have ever loved Edgar
如果你不再纠缠 他或许也会爱上我
and he might love me if you would let him!
他永远不会爱上林顿家族的人
I know he could never love a Linton!
他却可以利用娶你来伤害我
And yet he’s quite capable of marrying you to hurt me,
他早告诉过我了
he has as good as told me!
我不信
I don’t believe you.
你是怎么回事 我有权亲她 只要她愿意
What is it to you? I have a right to kiss her, if she chooses,
你根本无权反对
and you have no right to object!
我不是你丈夫

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!