Why?
为什么
Evrémonde’s lackey.
欧律狄丝蕾丝
Living on the blood of peasants.
靠农民的鲜血为生
It’s not true.
这不是真的
I’ve always fought for the people.
我一直是你们的好朋友
I taught Charles Darnay to love the people.
是我教查尔斯丹尼要去爱人们 你们可以问他
Ask him. Then why isn’t he here?
那他为什么不在这里
Why isn’t he here to testify for you?
那他为什么不为你作证
Citizen Gabelle, we know Citizen Darnay’s views,
我们知道丹尼
that he’s a friend of the people.
他是人♥民♥的好朋友
His word could save you. But he’s in England.
他的证词可以救你 但是他在英国
Why doesn’t he return to testify for you?
他为什么不回来为你作证
If, as you say, you have taught him the views he holds,
如果你说的是真的话
he should be willing to do that for you.
那他应该回来为你作证
Write him.
写信给他
His answer will be the test.
叫他来救你一命
Well, he will come. I’m sure he will.
他一定会来 我相信他会来
Pen. Paper.
笔 纸
Thank you, Citizen Gabelle.
谢谢你
Thanks for giving us an aristocrat.
我们又多了一个贵族
His last will and testament.
他死定了
I congratulate you on your ruse, citizens,
很高兴你们能够掌权 但是我求你们
but I beg of you, I implore you,
我随你们处置
no matter what you do to me, spare Charles Darnay.
但是请不要伤害查尔斯丹尼
He is your friend.
他是你们的朋友
The revolution will need friends.
共和政♥府♥需要朋友
Do you remember a child that was killed
你还记得你主人 撞死一个孩子吗
by the coach of your master, the Marquis Evrémonde?
就是那个马可斯
Why, yes.
我记得 那是你的孩子吗
Was that your child? My child.
是我的
Oh, that was a dreadful thing, citizen.
我为你觉得惋惜
Do you see this hand?
你有没有看到这双手
This is the hand that struck your master down.
就是这双手杀了你的主人
You were his friend.
你是他的朋友
I see.
原来如此
I’ll not plead for justice for myself
看来我说什么都没用
but I implore you not to send that letter.
但是我希望你们不要寄这封信
Charles Darnay is your friend.
查尔斯是你们的朋友
He feels your sufferings.
他了解你们的痛苦
He will feel them better and so will you.
我们会让他更了解 你也是
Hurry up, you. Come on here with that there mail.
快点 东西快到了
Lots of foreigners about today.
很多法国人要死了
Frenchies over here to save their heads and skins.
他们是来救自己的命
From what I hear, France would be a fine place
我听说法国现在是个好地方
just now for a resurrectionist.
如果你是盗墓者的话
You’re developin’ too fast, me lad.
说话给我小心点
And stay off my stool.
还有 不准抢我生意
And so we landed here with all the silver.
我们借给他一个银币 是的 他可以代表我们
Letter for you, Mr. Darnay. Thank you, Jerry.
有你的信 丹尼先生 谢谢你 杰利
Where do I arrange for a loan? But you don’t understand.
我什么时候可以借到钱 你不了解
I want this loan on the finest house in the Rue Saint-Germain.
我的房♥子很贵 可以卖♥♥到很好的价钱
Everything will be attended to, but it takes time.
这需要时间 所以你得等一下
You can’t hurry this house.
我需要快点拿到钱
I demand immediate action. My dear sir,
先生
young Mr. Tellson will see you, but you’ll have to wait.
泰尔森二世会借你 但是你必须等
I want to see old Mr. Tellson. No, no, no, no.
我要见老泰尔森 不
Mr. Tellson, Senior hasn’t seen anyone in 15 years.
老泰尔森 已经 1 5年不见客了
But here comes Mr. Tellson, Junior.
泰尔森二世来了
Uh, Mr. Tellson, sir,
泰尔森先生
aren’t you going to pay any attention to my loan?
能不能请你快点 把钱借给我
Indubitably.
没问题
Good morning. Good morning, sir.
早安 早安 先生
If you advise the bank to loan money
如果你向泰尔森银行建议 借钱给这些法国贵族
to these French aristocrats, you’ll ruin Tellson’s.
你会毁了泰尔森银行
But, Carton, this is the best opportunity for business in years.
但是 卡顿 这是做生意的大好良机
These people are so anxious to get loans,
这些人很急着要借钱
they’ll put up twice the value for security.
他们甚至会出双倍抵押品
Hmm, seems twice the value to you
对你来说或许是双倍
but it’s no security at all.
我觉得这根本就在浪费钱
This business in France is a real revolution.
现在法国在闹革命
These people are putting up securities they won’t own.
他们的抵押品 根本就不是自己的
I was thinking along those same lines meself.
我也这么认为
Lucie still in the country? Yes, yes.
露西还在国内吗 是的
You seem upset. Is everything all right?
你看起来脸色不太好 有事吗
Yes, of course.
没什么
Uh, Mr. Stryver, you see we are besieged for loans.
史崔佛先生 你可以看到 很多人急着要借钱
Our Mr. Lorry is in Paris reviewing the situation.
罗利先生在巴黎帮我们接洽
Advices are delayed.
而他一直没有消息
Shall we advance any money at all, Mr. Stryver?
我们是不是该借他们钱
I shouldn’t.
不 最好不要
This is a real revolution in France, Mr. Tellson,
法国正在闹革命
and these securities, in my opinion,
我个人认为他们的抵押品
are no securities at all.
根本不值钱
Don’t you think so, Carton? Indubitably.
你也这样认为 对吧 卡顿 完全正确
Well, Mr. Carton,
卡顿先生
even though you do agree with Mr. Stryver,
就算你同意史崔佛先生
I shall still risk his judgment.
我也会冒险…
Ah. Good day, sir.
日安 先生
When does the coach leave for Dover?
去杜夫的马车什么时候出发
In half an hour from the Golden Cross Inn, sir.
再过半个小时 先生
Yes, sir.
是的,先生
Reserve space for me immediately.
赶快帮我留一个位置
Will you? Yes, sir.
是的 先生
“I know you will understand my obligation to my old tutor.
请你了解 我必须去帮我的老师
His life is at stake and I cannot deny his appeal.”
他的生命有了危险 我不能拒绝他的请求
Isn’t that just like Charles,
这就是查尔斯的个性
to drop everything and go to the aid of…
他会放下手边的事 只为了…
Father, what is it? What’s the matter?
父亲 怎么了 发生了什么事
I should have told you before perhaps, Lucie.
我应该早点跟你说 露西
He is an Evrémonde,
他是一个世界末日
nephew of the notorious Marquis St. Evrémonde.
他是马可斯的侄子
The man who… Father, the same man who…
就是那个把你关起来…
Yes, it was Charles’s uncle
是的 就是查尔斯的叔叔
who had me imprisoned in the Bastille.
把我关在巴士底监狱
Why didn’t you tell me? That is all past.
你为什么不早点跟我说 这些都过去了
It is the present that troubles me.
现在才最重要 查尔斯有危险
Charles’s danger. Danger?
什么危险
I heard only today
我今天才听说
that they’ve passed a new law in France
法国刚通过一个新法令
that the lives of all aristocrats who return to France
只要有贵族回到法国
are forfeit to the revolution.
共和政♥府♥就会要他的命
What are we going to do?
那我们该怎么办
Miss Pross.
波丝小姐…
Father, I’m frightened.
父亲 我好害怕
Yes, madame? Send Miss Pross to me.
是的 小姐 快去找波丝小姐
Yes, madame.
是的 小姐
You needn’t be frightened.
你不需要害怕
As a victim of the aristocrats, I shall be welcome in France.
我会是贵族手下的牺牲者 法国人会欢迎我
Yes. Yes, of course, you will be.
当然了
How strange that I who suffered by an Evrémonde
真是世事难料 艾威蒙家族的人让我受苦
must go to save an Evrémonde.
而我现在却去救他们的人
Come, Father.
父亲 走吧
Charles Darnay?
查尔斯丹尼
Pass, Evrémonde.
过去吧
Take Evrémonde to La Force Prison.
把他关到监狱去
Take him away. Wait. Prison?
把他带走 等一下
Under what law? For what offense?
为什么 我犯了什么罪
We have new laws, Evrémonde,
我们有新的法令 艾威蒙
and new offenses since you were here.
自从你来了以后又犯了新的罪行
But isn’t there… will you…
但是…你们能不能…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!