Will you permit me to communicate with Mr. Lorry
能不能让我见 泰尔森银行的律师
of Tellson’s Bank who is now in Paris?
他现在人在巴黎
I will do nothing for you. Take him away.
我不会帮你的 把他带走
Can he see us, Father? I’m sure he can.
他能看到我们吗 父亲 我相信他可以
You may kiss your hand
他被关在
towards that highest row of windows up there.
最高的那层楼
I do so, and I send my soul with it.
我希望能把祝福送给他
Goodbye, my dear.
再见 亲爱的
I must go now and try to arrange for Charles’s trial.
我去试试看 安排查尔斯的审判
If he sees us, why doesn’t he come down?
如果他看到我们为什么不下来
He will, darling, if we wait long enough.
他会下来的 只要我们等的够久
Mummy, something white up there.
妈 上面有白色的东西在挥舞
Yes, darling, he sees us. Wave.
他看到我们了 跟他招手
Former Count D’Etournelle,
丹尼尔公爵
have you anything to say in your defense?
你还有没有话要说
Nothing I could say would make any impression on you.
我想我说什么都没用
I prefer the dignity of silence.
我宁愿保持沉默
He prefers the dignity of silence.
他宁愿保持沉默
Vote, jury. Guilty.
陪审团 你们说呢
Guilty. Guilty.
有罪…
Death within 48 hours.
把他带走
Come on, let’s go.

Buy a guillotine?
有没有人要
Guillotine? Buy a guillotine?
买♥♥纪念品
What is your profession? I am a seamstress, citizen.
你是做什么的 我是个裁缝师
You’re accused of consorting openly with Pierre Cot,
你被控与皮耶卡尔在一起
who spoke slightingly of the revolution.
他不欣赏革命
He was my friend, citizen.
他是我的朋友
I grew up with him in the country.
我们两个是青梅竹马
Hmm, you shouldn’t have such friends, citizeness.
你不该有这种朋友
Vote, jury. Guilty.
陪审团 你们说呢
Guilty.
有罪…
Death within 48 hours.
把她带走
The Marquis St. Evrémonde called Darnay,
艾威蒙家族 丹尼
suspected as an enemy of the republic.
怀疑与共和政♥府♥作对
Let him have the guillotine.
让他死…
You’re accused under the decree which forbids the return
你违反了共和政♥府♥的法令
of all aristocrat emigrants under pain of death.
只要逃回来的贵族都得死
I submit that I am not an emigrant
我已经不是贵族了
in that sense of the word. Why not?
为什么
I relinquished my title before the revolution began.
我在革命之前 就放弃了我的头衔
For what reason?
为什么
I felt I would rather live on my own industry in England
我觉得我宁愿到英国 去自力更生
than on the already overburdened people of France.
也不愿压榨法国百姓
A lot he cares about that.
你骗谁啊
Then why did you come back to France?
那你为什么回来法国
I came to save a friend of the people
我有一个朋友被冤枉了
who was unjustly accused.
被不公正地指控
I hope that is not criminal in the eyes of the republic.
这对共和政♥府♥来说 应该不算犯罪吧
No. No. No.
不算
And the name of that citizen? Citizen Gabelle.
他叫什么名字 他叫盖比尔
Is he here? – I don’t know.
他在这里吗 我不知道
Citizen Gabelle!
盖比尔市民…
Citizen Gabelle!
盖比尔市民…
Citizen Gabelle.
盖比尔市民…
He’s not here. Well, why is he not here?
他不在这里 他为什么不在这里
I… I don’t know.
我不知道
Did you hear that, jury?
陪审团 你们有没有听到
The man he came to save isn’t here
他要救的人不在这里
and he doesn’t know why he’s not here.
而且他不知道原因
Have you any other proof of equal value?
你还有没有别的证词
Dr. Manette will speak for me.
马尼特医生愿意为我作证
I’m sure he’ll be able to influence them.
我相信他能够影响他们
Dr. Manette,
马尼特医生
we all know you as one of the sufferers under the old regime.
我们都知道 你被贵族陷害
What do you know of this prisoner?
你们怎么会认识被告
You all know of my long imprisonment
你们都知道我被关过
how I was released by the aid of my good friends,
我的好朋友法迪奇
the De Farges.
把我救出来
Citizens, I know the prisoner well.
我非常了解被告
The last few years, we became very close friends.
我们成为很好的朋友
I know where his sympathies are.
我知道他
They are with you, the people.
对法国人♥民♥
They always were.
感到同情
He is a true citizen of the republic.
他是法国人♥民♥的真正朋友
Words are easy.
话都是你说
What better proof can I give you
我把我女儿嫁给他
than when he asked for my only daughter’s hand in marriage
并且为他们祝福
I gave my consent gladly.
这是最好的证据
Bad judgment.
我听够了
He wants to spy on you. No doubt about that.
他在说什么东西
Citizens, for 18 years,
市民们 在这 18年中
I suffered unspeakable tortures in the Bastille.
我在巴士底监狱 受到无尽的折磨
Could I have given my only daughter to a man
我怎么可能把我女儿嫁给…
whose sympathies are with those who tortured me?
一个会可怜贵族的人呢
No. No. No.
不…
There is very little left for me in this life, citizens.
我已经没有多少年好活了
Only my daughter’s happiness
我只在乎我女儿的快乐
which is now in the hands of the prisoner.
而被告可以给她快乐
I have suffered enough from my enemies.
我受尽了敌人人的折磨
From you, who are my friends,
你们都是我的朋友
to whom I owe my liberty,
并且还救了我
may I not ask a final blessing?
我只有最后这个要求
May I not ask the liberty to enjoy what is left in peace?
我只希望能够享受 最后这一点和平
Not guilty! Not guilty!
释放他…
Stop! Silence.
停 !
Citizeness, you’re out of order.
肃静 大家安静
I defy the bell. What?
我坚决反对
I accuse the man Evrémonde,
我要告艾威蒙家族的人
one of the family of tyrants who used their privileges
他们不停的
for the oppression of the people.
压榨老百姓
Your witnesses? Three.
那你的证人呢
Ernest De Farge. Yes.

Thérèse De Farge. Yes.
委员先生
And Dr. Manette.
是的 马尼特医生
I protest, it is a lie.
我抗♥议♥ 全都是谎言
Who dares to say that I denounce this man?
我根本没有说这句话
I do, that you denounce him in words
有 我这里有证据
that can never be taken back.
再也拿不回来了
Look, citizens, the record of Dr. Manette’s sufferings
马尼特医生
in the Bastille and the cause of them.
在巴士底监狱受苦
How can you say that when it is there in black and white?
你怎么能反对 白纸黑字写的很清楚
Let me read it. Look.
让我大声读出来 看
“For all that the Evrémondes made me suffer,
是艾威蒙家族的人让我受苦
for all that they have made the people suffer,
他们也让法国人♥民♥受苦
I, Alexandre Manette, do, on this last night of the year,
我马尼特最后一个愿望
and in my unbearable agony, denounce the family of Evrémonde,
就是希望艾威蒙家族下地狱
them and their descendants, to the last of their race.”
愿他们绝子绝孙
When was that written?
这是什么时候写的
This letter was written in prison by Dr. Manette himself
这是马尼特在监狱中写的
in scrapings of soot and charcoal
是用他自己的
mixed with his own blood.
鲜血写的
Cut his head off!
把他干掉
Dr. Manette has told you that he spent 18 years
马尼特先生在巴士底监狱
in solitary confinement in the Bastille.
待了 18年
This letter tells you why.
这里就是证据
It tells how, as a young doctor,
这告诉你 你的故事 关于一位年轻的医生
he was summoned to the bedside of a dying girl,
他当时在拯救一位 快死的小女孩
dying because she’d been outraged by the Evrémondes.
只因为那位小女孩 触犯了艾威蒙
It tells how her young brother was cut down
而她哥哥为了保护她而死

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!