Drink, little one. Never mind the taste.
这就是食物 不要管好不好吃
How can men bear such poverty? Bear it?
怎么会有人可以忍♥受这种生活
Look, they live within the very shadow of the Bastille.
他们活在巴士底监狱的阴影下
They have to bear it.
他们必须忍♥受
Do not do that, Jacques.
( 血 ) 不要这样 先生
Well, there’ll be blood flowing in these streets before long, De Farge.
不久之后一定会有流♥血♥冲♥突♥
Yes, but keep that thought in your heart, Jacques.
没错 但是你不必说出来
Don’t waste it on the walls. You’re right, Jacques.
不要白白牺牲 说的好 先生
Jacques, where do you want this wood? In the loft?
老兄 这些木材要摆在哪里
Jacques, 116 from Bordeaux.
他是从波尔本来的
Welcome, Jacques. Come inside.
欢迎 请进
A hundred and 16 from Bordeaux, my wife.
他是波尔本来的 这是我太太
Well, Jacques, do you see the way the spilt wine is being sucked up?
老兄 你有没有看到 刚刚那一幕
Every drop.
我全看到了
It’s not often those poor beasts
他们很少有机会
know the taste of wine
可以喝到酒
or of anything but black bread and death.
他们只能吃白面包和等死
It is so throughout all France.
整个法国都是这样
Has he seen our tenant upstairs?
你有没有看过我们楼上的房♥客
Not yet, but I will show him.
我等一下会带他去看
Eighteen years imprisoned in the Bastille.
他在巴士底关了 18年
Wait till you see him.
等到你看到他就知道
The sight will burn into the souls
你一辈子也忘不了
of all of the name of Jacques.
所有雅克的名字
Strangers. The rose.
有陌生人来 罗斯先生
Madame De Farge?
迪法琪女士
Recalled to life.
生命的呼喊
Yes, yes. We have some very fine old wine upstairs.
我们楼上有一些陈年老酒
My husband will show you.
我丈夫会带你去
Come.

You were too young to remember me.
当时你太小 不会记得我
I was his servant.
我会是他的仆人
Where… where is he?
他在哪里
Is he greatly changed?
是不是改变很多
Changed, mademoiselle.
你看了就知道
Changed.
改变很多
You lock him in? Why?
你把他关起来 为什么
He’s lived so long that way that an open door would…
他已经习惯这种生活 如果打开门…
Is it possible?
有这种可能吗
All things are possible in France today
在法国什么都有可能
just as all things will be possible later.
再过不久一切都变成可能
Don’t come in to him yet. Let us go first.
你先不要进去 我们先进去
Still hard at work?
还在努力工作
Yes, I-I’m working.
是的 我在工作
These shoes must be done.
我一定要把这些鞋子做好
You have a visitor, you see.
有人来看你
A visitor.
来看你
Show your work to monsieur.
把你做的给这位先生看
It is a lady’s shoe.
这是双女鞋…
It is a young lady’s walking shoe.
是最新的款式
It is in the present mode.
我没有真正
I never saw the mode.
看过那个款式
I did it from a drawing.
我只是凭着草图做出来的
Dr. Manette…
马尼特医生
…do you remember me?
你记得我吗
Come, come now.
快,快
You remember an old friend in Tellson’s Bank in London?
我是你在伦敦 泰尔森银行的老朋友
No.
不…
No.
不…
Who are you?
你是谁
Who are you?
你是谁
It is the same…
你和她好像
but how can it be?
不可能
It is the same…
是的
but she is dead.
她已经死了
Yes.

My mother is dead, but I am…
我的母亲死了
Can’t you feel who I am?
你不知道我是谁吗
She had laid her head on my shoulder.
当我把她带到伦敦塔时
And when I was brought to the North Tower…
她的手就摆在我肩膀上
they found hair like this…
她就在
on my sleeve.
我怀里死掉
How was this?
怎么样?
Was it you?
是你吗
I’m Lucie, her daughter.
我是露西 她的女儿
Your daughter.
你的女儿
Do you think he’s fit to make a journey to England?
你认为他可以和我们一起 回到伦敦吗
Get him out of France for his sake
为了他好 赶快带他离开法国
and for the sake of the Jacquerie who rescued him.
这也是为了保护救他的人
What is this Jacquerie? One day you will know.
什么叫杰克林
All France will know.
总有一天你会知道 全法国人都会知道
You’re coming with me, Father.
你必须跟我一起走 父亲
Wait.
等一下…
Wait.
等一下
W-where is the place?
这里是哪里
The brick was here by the bench.
椅子旁有块砖墙
It’s gone.
现在不见了
What’s he looking for?
他在找什么
Something he wrote in the Bastille.
他在巴士底监狱写的东西
And it was left in his cell? No, we found it.
是不是留在牢房♥里 -不,我们找到了
it’s better he should never see it again.
他最好别再看到它了
Ah.
没错
Father dear, we shall find it.
亲爱的父亲 我们会找到的
You’re coming with me now. Home.
我们回家吧
Home.

No one saw a coach leave here, you understand?
当这部马车不存在 懂吗
Eighteen years in a cell without a trial
他被关了 18年 也没有接受过正式审判
because an aristocrat chose to brush the good doctor from his path.
因为某位贵族 想要谋夺他的财产
Too bad we don’t know which aristo it was.
我们应该找出来那家伙是谁
But I do know. I have cause to remember.
我知道他是谁 我永远不会忘了他
His outrages against my own family would never let me forget.
就是他害得我家破人亡
Then you have his name on your register?
那你就把他的名字记下来
He has the place of honor.
他的名字在这里
The Marquis St. Evrémonde.
这会让他遗臭万年
Killed.
被杀死的
Dead.
他死了
The child is dead, Excellency.
阁下 那孩子死了
It’s extraordinary to me
这对我来说非同寻常
that you people cannot take care of yourselves and your children.
真是讨厌
One or the other of you is forever in the way.
你们管管自己的孩子
How do you know what injury you might do to my horses?
像他这样 可能会伤到我的马
Drive on, faster.
走了 快点
Irritating episode. Yes.
这种事每天发生
The marquis drives fast.
那个马车走得还真快
We’ll drive him fast to his tomb.
我们会让他很快的 进入他的坟墓
Ah, my dear nephew, what goes forward here?
我亲爱的侄子 你要去哪里
I’m leaving. I’m going to England.
我要去伦敦
Really?
真的吗
Monsieur Gabelle, uh, when you were my nephew’s tutor,
盖比尔先生 你既然是我侄子的老师
you shouldn’t have encouraged him to be so petulant.
你应该好好教他礼节
You have made the name of Evrémonde the most detested in all France.
你是法国人中名声最坏的一个
I can’t endure your cruelty to the peasants.
我不能忍♥受你对平民的虐待
There is a sickness these days
你们这些
which labels itself humanitarianism.
自以为人道主义的人
You have no pity for those who suffer.
你根本没有怜悯之心
Pity, my dear boy, is a diseased variety of sentimentality.
亲爱的侄子 你病得太严重了
Do you pity the swine whose flesh we eat?
你会可怜我们吃的那些猪吗
The peasants are not swine.
他们是人不是猪
That, my dear Charles, is where you and I differ.
这就是我们两个不同之处
I’m very much afraid, my good tutor,
你这位老师

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!