But…
但是…
Charles, have you seen Sydney?
查尔斯 你有没有看到席德尼
Why, no.
没有
Well, I wonder why he didn’t come to my wedding.
我在想他为什么不来 参加我的婚礼
Why, Sydney, why didn’t you come to the wedding?
席德尼 你怎么没去婚礼
Pleasant ceremonies, weddings.
觉得蛮感人的
You know, Sydney, come to think of it,
想一想
you ought to get married.
你也应该结婚
Find yourself someone to take care of you.
找个人来照顾你
Some respectable woman with a little property.
找个好女人 拿份好嫁妆
Landlady, lodging-house keeper.
跟一个家庭主妇结婚
Marry her against a rainy day.
这样可以预防未来
Oh, must I spend my life listening to
我这一生都必须听你唠叨吗
that eternal, blithering, pompous voice of yours?
我不想听一辈子
Drives me mad. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
你一唠叨我就生气
You certainly are a funny fellow.
你是得听我的唠叨
Never know how to take you.
你得自己想办法
Suggest marriage to you, and you fly up.
一提到结婚 你就发火
If you’d only seen the joy in Lucie’s eyes.
你应该去看看露西眼中的喜乐
Why should that surprise me? Why shouldn’t she be happy?
我并不觉得惊讶 她应该很快乐
Why shouldn’t she be?
她是应该很快乐
You are destined for more, Gaspard,
你的使命不只这些
than revenge for the murder of your child.
除了为你的孩子复仇外
You may light a spark that will kindle all France.
你还要点起全国自♥由♥之火
I go.
我去
He goes.
他去了
“Henri Dupont, 42 francs, quit rental.”
你认为4 2法郎当租金够不够
Not enough, Gabelle.
不够
Really, with what I get from these peasants
以前我收的比这还多
I can hardly afford to pay my perfume bills.
这只够我付香水钱
Uh, what about Roulet? Has he paid his rent?
那罗林呢 他的租金付了没
No, Your Excellency, nor will he.
阁下 他付不出来
Roulet died last week.
罗林上礼拜过世了
Now that was impertinent of him.
他真是可恶
He died with his rent unpaid.
以为死了就不要付钱
Oh, what did he die of?
他怎么死的
Hunger is an indulgence with these peasants
饥饿是对这些农民的纵容
as gout is with us.
反正
It is an indulgence they would gladly dispense with, monseigneur.
他们的命不值钱
Oh. Oh, I keep forgetting, Gabelle.
我忘了
You’re a… you’re a humanitarian, aren’t you?
你是个人道主义者
You think that one person is as good as another.
你认为人人平等
A naive notion, so contradicted by the facts.
这真是幼稚
But, uh, speaking of, uh, speaking of humanitarians,
讲到人道主义
uh, what has become of your disciple, my nephew
我的侄子
in the year since he left my tyrannical roof?
这一年过的好不好
Do you hear from him, Gabelle? Oh, yes. He is very happy.
你有没有他的消息 他很快乐
He’s taken a post at Tellson’s Bank.
他加入了泰尔森银行
Frightfully bourgeois.
算他幸运 如果不是为了我姐姐
If it weren’t that my sister, Charles’ mother,
我们家那么高贵
were quite beyond reproach, I should suspect
我真怀疑查尔斯
that Charles had tainted blood somewhere.
是不是我们家人
His conduct is so strange.
他的思想真奇怪
It’s quite mystifying.
而且很腐♥败♥
What was that, Gabelle?
那是什么
What, Your Excellency?
你在说什么 阁下
I thought I saw somebody at the window.
我在窗户上看到有人影
Go and see. Certainly.
你去看看 是的
There was nothing, monseigneur.
阁下 什么都没有
Hmm. Goodnight.
晚安
Gentlemen.
先生们
Monsieur Gabelle.
盖比尔先生
Your forgiveness, gentlemen.
有话要说 先生们
I’m certain you wouldn’t have me
我绝对不会因为进步
put promptness before gallantry.
而牺牲我个人利益
It’s of no consequence. Believe me, no consequence.
这不是巧合…
Monsieur Gabelle here has been trying to frighten us
盖比尔先生是想告诉我们
with hobgoblins, werewolves, and mythical revolutionists.
我们的末日来了 革命份子出现了
Proceed, Monsieur Gabelle.
请说吧 盖比尔先生
You may laugh, gentlemen,
你们可以尽量笑
but revolution is in the air.
但是革命快来了
Yet there is still time to remove the cause of this unrest.
现在还有时间安抚他们
All the people ask is justice.
人们要的是正义
Only the Jacquerie, the extremists,
只有地下组织和极端份子
are spreading the doctrine of violence and bloodshed.
在散播暴♥力♥和血腥
And what do you suggest, Gabelle?
你在说什么 盖比尔
Uh, that we double the police force?
那我就把警力加两倍
Double the police?
加两倍
No. Give the people bread. Reduce their taxes.
不 给他们食物吃 把税额减低
Oh, I… I beseech you, gentlemen,
我求你们
correct your errors or the flood will come,
现在还来得及 不然就太迟了
a flood that may sweep us all away forever.
这道洪流会把我们全部冲走
His terror is genuine, gentlemen,
故事说的很好
even if his philosophy is not.
但是思想不正
Remember your own terror five years ago
还记得几年前
when my master met his death?
我主人死时 你们吓得半死
And remember also, gentlemen, that the Jacques who killed him
而杀他的凶手
is still at liberty.
到现在还逍遥法外
Enough of this, Gabelle.
够了 盖比尔
I have a new agent in Paris, a smart Englishman
我会把他赶出巴黎
who will ferret out this murderer.
然后找个代罪羔羊
Our gracious king also has seen the necessity
我们的王上认为
for stronger measures.
要采取强烈手段
He has brought German hussars and Swiss infantry
他雇用了德国和瑞士佣兵 来到巴黎
into Paris to give your Jacques
来好好教训
a good drubbing, Monsieur Gabelle.
那些地下组织
Mercenaries to fight Frenchmen?
但是他们根本没有用
More delicate than to slaughter them ourselves, don’t you think?
总比我们自己去打要好
Shall we rejoin the ladies, gentlemen?
我们去玩女人吧
How I loathe intellectuals like this fellow,
我蛮喜欢那家伙的
peasants who read.
一个识字的平民
How many thousands of these foreign soldiers
他们雇用了多少
are they bringing in?
外国佣兵
It doesn’t matter how many.
不管他们有多少人
It will do them no good.
都起不了作用
It will do them no good.
也保护不了那些贵族
The starving people of Paris might wait a long time
当巴黎饥饿的人 遇上法国♥军♥队时
before rising up to fight French soldiers.
可能会犹豫一下
But against hired foreign troops,
但是遇到这些外国♥军♥队
hmm, any day, any hour.
我们可是手下不留情
Any minute.
没错 不留情
Want this wood in the loft?
马可斯不会准的
Aristo spy. Used to be with Evrémonde.
他以前和艾佛蒙家族在一起
Name is Barsad.
他现在叫马歇尔
Good day.
你们好
Cognac, the very best.
给我一杯威士忌
Never mind the cost.
我不管多少钱
These foreign soldiers are gonna fi…
那些外国♥军♥人准备要…
They march well, don’t they?
他们走路的英姿真帅
Very well.
没错
You, uh, knit with great skill, madam.
你真会织衣服
What sort of things do you make?
你在织什么
Everything. Mostly shrouds.
我什么都织 大部份是披风
Shrouds?
披风
Business seems bad.
生意不是很好 对吧
Business is very bad. People are so poor.
生意很差 大家都很穷
Ah, the unfortunate, miserable people.
真是不幸 有钱的有钱
And so oppressed, too, as you say.
穷的很穷
As you say. Uh, pardon me.
你说的对
Certainly it was I who said so,
对不起 我认为是如此

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!