So, Mr. Lorry, respectable men of business
罗利先生 有名望的生意人
may speak to Mr. Darnay in public now he’s acquitted.
现在才可以和丹尼先生说话
We men of business must think of the house we serve
因为他现在无罪开释
more than ourselves.
当然
Yes, yes. Banking, of course,
你们是银行家
imposes its own restrictions and silences.
有自己的规矩
And indeed, sir, I don’t know that it is any of your business.
我认为这不关你的事
And if you had, sir,
如果是,先生
perhaps you would attend to it.
我希望你不要来
Lord, love you, no, I wouldn’t.
上帝,爱你,不,我不会
Mr. Darnay, you’re a very fortunate young man.
丹尼先生 你真是幸运
I beg your pardon, sir.
你在说什么 阁下
Well, it’s not long since you were well advanced
看来你会
on your way to another world.
进入另外一个世界
Oh, I’m… I’m very grateful
我要好好谢谢你
to Mr. Stryver and to you.
和史崔佛先生
Would you… would you care to dine with me?
愿不愿意和我共进晚餐
No, I don’t dine, but I’ll wine with you.
我不吃饭 但是我喜欢喝酒
Well, Mr. Darnay,
丹尼先生
how does it feel to belong to this terrestrial scheme again?
重新获得自♥由♥感觉如何
To taste, to feel, to be alive?
你现在又可以重新过活
It’s very agreeable. Hmm.
这点我同意
I’m glad you find it so. Why? Don’t you?
我很高兴你同意 你不同意吗
I?
我吗?
Matter of fact, Mr. Darnay, I care for no man…
事实上 丹尼先生 我不在乎别人
and no man cares for me.
别人也不在乎我
You seem to be rather bitter today.
你看起来脸色不太好
I suppose you were up all night.
是不是一晚没睡
Very sad. Just drinking.
一个人喝闷酒
For no reason? For no reason.
没有任何原因吗 没有任何原因
Well, pardon me, but… but why do it?
你为什么要这样喝
You are smug, Mr. Darnay, when you ask why people drink
丹尼先生 你不该问这个问题
but I’ll tell you.
但是我还是跟你说
So that they can stand their fellowmen better.
酒可以让一个人感觉不错
After a few bottles,
几杯黄汤下肚
I might even like you.
我甚至会开始喜欢你
You’ve been kind to me and I’ll not reward your kindness by taking offense.
你对我一直都很好 我希望这句不是真心话
There’s a good fellow.
你是个好人
A toast then. Let’s drink a toast.
我们来干杯吧
Drink…
干…
to the person that’s nearest your heart.
敬你最心爱的人 什么
To the person… The one you are thinking of
敬你现在在想的人
now this instant.
我不知道
But I don’t know… Ah, come now, man.
拜托 这么明显
It’s on the tip of your tongue.
白♥痴♥才看不出来
Very well. To Miss Manette.
好吧 敬马尼特小姐
Miss Manette.
马尼特小姐
There’s a fair young lady
你可以在夜晚
to hand to a coach in the dark.
把她抱上♥床♥
There’s a fair young lady
而她也值得
to be pitied by and wept for by.
你流眼泪
Must be worth being tried for one’s life
她值得你
to be the object of such sympathy and compassion.
为她这样低声下气
Well, Miss Manette.
全都是因为马尼特小姐
Oh, waiter, glass.
侍者 拿个杯子来
Tell me, Mr. Darnay,
丹尼先生
do you think I particularly like you?
你认为我喜欢你吗
I’ve not asked myself that question.
我没有问过自己这个问题
I thought you did, but you’re acting now as if you don’t.
我以为你有,但你现在表现得好像没有
I begin to have a better opinion of your understanding.
我有更好的意见
Waiter.
侍者
to prevent my settling for the dinner.
阻止我吃晚饭
Oh, nothing in the world.
不 我不介意
Let me have the record.
帐单
You call the… the whole dinner?
这叫晚餐吗
In that case, waiter,
那样的话,侍者
uh, another bottle.
再来一瓶
Thank you. Goodnight, sir.
晚安
Goodnight.
晚安
And don’t let your sober face elate you!
不要让喝醉的脸愚弄自己
You never know what it may come to.
因为后果很严重
Why treat the fellow like that?
为什么要跟那种人喝酒
Is it because he shows you
是因为他
what you have fallen away from,
让我想起以前的我
what you might have been?
想起我可能和他一样
Change places with him.
和他交换位置吧
Would you have been looked at by those blue eyes as he was?
我以前不是和他一模一样吗
Ah, come on, Carton, you’re jealous.
拜托 卡顿 你只是忌妒
Have it out in plain words. You hate the fellow.
老实说吧 你讨厌他
I’ve got to be getting home. It’s Christmas, you know.
我得回家了 今天是圣诞节
than a good old English tavern?
家比老酒馆好吗?
But a tavern ain’t a home.
但是酒吧不能算是家
No, at home, you bicker and quarrel.
回到家只会争吵
And here, it’s all peace on Earth,
在这里才是
goodwill to men.
男人的天堂
Drink up, gentlemen. Goodwill to men.
喝吧 敬男人
Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas!
圣诞快乐
Really, what can be keeping Mr. Darnay?
丹尼先生怎么还没来
A man who would be late for Christmas services
一个会在圣诞夜迟到的人
would be late for his own wedding.
一定会在婚礼上迟到
Charles told me he had to see Mr. Lorry
查尔斯跟我说他去找罗利先生
about something important.
说是有重要的事
Important indeed.
重要的事
Anything can be more important to a young man than going to church.
有什么比去教堂还重要的事
For meself, I’m very sorry to see Mr. Darnay
我敢说罗利先生 带坏了丹尼先生
go into Mr. Lorry’s bank.
去罗利先生的银行
You all think it was a great kindness on Mr. Lorry’s part,
你或许会认为罗利先生很好
but I don’t
但是我不这么认为
because I think Mr. Lorry’s an atheist.
我认为罗利先生唯利是图
All bankers are atheists.
所有的银行家都是这样
Good evening, Mr. Darnay. Good evening.
晚安 丹尼先生 晚安
Merry Christmas, Miss Pross, Dr. Manette.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐
We’ve been waiting for you.
我们都在等你
Will you forgive me, Lucie, if I don’t go with you to church?
我想我不能跟你去教堂 能不能请你原谅我
I must speak to your father about…
我有一件事情
about something that has arisen.
要跟你父亲说
You’re worried, Charles.
你在担心什么 查尔斯
Oh, it’s nothing serious, Lucie.
没什么 我能不能
If only I could speak to Dr. Manette.
跟马尼特先生谈谈
Uh, certainly.
当然可以
Mr. Lorry has sent Jerry Cruncher
罗利先生派杰利来送你
to light you and Miss Pross to the church.
和波丝小姐去教会
We’ll come back directly after the service.
我们在晚会后会直接回来 你会不会等我们
You’ll wait for us? Yes, I…
是的 我…
Well, come along, Lucie.
露西 来吧
Not going to church, indeed. Atheist.
他不想去
Bankers and Frenchmen, all atheists.
法国人也是唯利是图
May I remind you that the port on the sideboard
但是在晚会之后有个派对
is for the party after services
那只是
and not for haphazard consumption.
让大家聊天一下
Oh, Pross, do come along. Mmhmm.
波丝小姐 走吧
Won’t you sit down, Charles?
你先坐 查尔斯
I will not delay disclosing to you what I have to say, Dr. Manette.
马尼特医生 请你仔细听好 我将要说的消息
I have just learned from Mr. Lorry something that distresses me deeply.
我刚从罗利先生那儿听到 我不喜欢这个消息
It is a bitter irony, sir,
这真的很讽刺
that this man who did you such a dreadful injustice…
陷害你的人
should be my blood relation.
是我的亲戚
I’m very sorry.
我很抱歉
Can you understand that I… that I had to tell you?
请你了解 我必须要告诉你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!