Yes, I understand you had to tell me.
是的 我了解
I am an Evrémonde, but I love you and yours.
虽然如此 但是我还是爱你 和你的家人
For you and Lucie, I would give up my life, if necessary.
为了你和露西 我可以放弃生命
Dr. Manette, can you find it in your heart to forgive me?
马尼特医生 请你原谅我
You showed character, Charles, in coming to me.
查尔斯 你能来找我 表示你很有勇气
And I have no blame for you.
我不怪你
In suffering, one learns many things.
我在牢里学会许多东西
Among them, not to punish the innocent.
其中之一就是不要怪无辜的人
I shall never forget your kindness.
我永远无法忘记你的仁慈
But you must promise me one thing, Charles.
但是你必须答应我一件事 查尔斯
Anything. You must not tell Lucie.
你不能跟露西说
But, sir, I must. That would…
但是 我一定要告诉她
You must let me tell her in my own way,
你让我来说 我会找个适当时机
in my own time,
跟她说
or you may spoil not only your own happiness, but hers.
不然的话 你会毁了 你们两个的快乐
Trust me, Charles.
相信我 查尔斯
It shall be as you wish. Of course, sir.
这点我绝对办不到
I don’t like Mr. Lorry sending dozens of people
我不喜欢罗利先生
If he’s so anxious about us, why didn’t he come himself?
派十几个人到乡村去
Oh, no, not himself, the old atheist.
只因为他太自私了
Now you know perfectly well Mr. Lorry is the soul of kindness.
你知道罗利先生人很好
Mr. Cruncher is his odd-job man.
而杰利 就我而言
Odd-job man, indeed.
我喜欢他
From what I can gather, he’s the oddest of odd-job men.
他才是个真正的绅士
W-wait.
等一下
Good evening, Mr. Carton.
晚安 卡顿先生
Merry Christmas. Oh, thank you, Miss Manette.
圣诞快乐 谢谢你 马尼特小姐
Miss Pross, Merry Christmas.
波丝小姐圣诞快乐
I’d say Merry Christmas to you, Mr. Carton,
我很想对你说圣诞快乐 卡顿先生
if it weren’t plain to see that you’d already had it.
但是看来你已经很快乐
Were you going to midnight service?
你要不要一起
We’re going. Do come with us.
去参加圣诞聚会
Why not? Thank you, Miss Manette.
好啊 谢谢你 马尼特小姐
It’s dangerous takin’ him to church, Miss Pross.
带他去教堂很危险 波丝小姐
He’s liable to forget where he is
他会忘了自己在哪里
and call for a round of drinks.
叫他小心点
Hold your tongue and hold that lantern higher
不然我就
or I’ll bash you with this umbrella.
用这把雨伞打他
I’ll light a candle for you.
我帮你点一支蜡烛
Go along, my man
去吧 年轻人
and I hope you mend your ways in the future.
祝你幸福
Lucie, my pet, your father’s waiting for you.
露西 你父亲在等你 而且你知道
And as you know, he doesn’t like crowds of people about,
特别在圣诞夜时
especially on Christmas Eve.
你父亲不喜欢太热闹
Please tell him I’ll come in in just a moment.
跟他说我马上进去
Won’t you come in too?
你不进来吗
We’re having a little Christmas celebration.
我们要开圣诞节派对
Oh, I’m afraid not. Thank you, Miss Manette.
我想不了 谢谢你 马尼特小姐
You’ll be very welcome.
不客气
I must tell you, Miss Manette, that when you met me
我必须老实跟你说 当我们碰面时
I was not on my way to church.
我并不想要去教会
Oh, I know.
我知道
My usual Christmas Eve
我的圣诞夜
going from tavern to tavern.
都在酒吧里渡过
I know, but…
我知道
Well, we… we can’t always be at our best.
但是不能每次都如此
Won’t you, please, come in?
你不进来吗
Uh, not like this.
但是不能像这样
If I may come some other time.
改天再说吧
Please do.
你一定要来哦
I’d love to have you for a friend.
我希望我们能成为朋友
So wo… so would Father.
我父亲也会很喜欢这样
Oh, Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐
You’re making quite a tea drinker out of me, Prossie.
波丝小姐 你真会泡茶
Aren’t you ashamed? I am Miss Pross.
你不觉得很丢脸吗
And as for being ashamed, why should I be ashamed?
为什么
For giving you a decent home to come to, I suppose.
她给你一个舒服的家
For saving you from the gallows, practically.
这样可以省你很多麻烦
Ashamed, huh, indeed.
是没错
you’re inclined to exaggerate just a trifle?
你不觉得你说话 有一点太毒了吗
One of Prossie’s most endearing gifts.
这是波丝小姐的优点之一
That’s why I love you.
这就是我喜欢她的原因
you can take liberties with.
你当然不是
No more liberties, Prossie.
波丝妹
And I’ll thank you to call me Miss Pross
你可以叫我波丝小姐
or not address me at all.
或是叫我波丝
You know, I believe you’ve completely captivated Pross.
我想你真的太挑剔了
She’s part of the flavor of this house to me.
对我来说 她是我来这里的原因之一
I couldn’t imagine it without her
没有她我不知道该怎么办
no more than without these paintings of yours.
还有你的绘画
It’s beautiful. Oh, please don’t look at it.
真是漂亮 不要看
I know it’s dreadful, but I do it.
我知道很漂亮 这是我画的
That’s like my drinking.
就像我的酗酒一样很伤身
I know it’s dreadful, but I do it.
但是我还是喝
There hasn’t been quite so much of that lately, has there?
可是你最近好像没喝那么多
Oh, with your influence.
我是受你的影响
Your visits here have meant so much to us, to Father and me.
你能来对我和父亲来说
my being able to come here and see you?
意义重大
Oh, if we’ve helped you, I’m glad.
我真高兴我们能帮到你
Oh, it’s you. It’s you who have done it.
不 是你帮到我
I’ve always felt in you such hidden possibilities.
我一直觉得你很有潜力
It seems such a pity to.. To waste them?
只是… 浪费掉了
Don’t be afraid to say it.
你可以直接说
I have wasted them and myself.
我知道我浪费了才能
It’s only now, after knowing you,
但是认识你以后
that I’ve told myself that perhaps it’s not too late.
我跟我自己说 现在改还不算迟
I’m sure it’s not.
我也这样认为
After all, you’re young.
你还年轻
Your whole life’s before you.
还有时间
Anything you want to accomplish.
你可以达成自己的目标
Well, it makes it worth the trying.
那我应该试一试
Thank you, Sydney.
谢谢你 席德尼
That completes my happiness.
这样我的快乐就完整了
I wonder if you know how much your happiness means to me.
你知不知道你的快乐 对我来说很重要
Of course, I do.
我知道
You’re my very dearest friend.
你是我的好朋友
Oh, I… I must tell you.
我有一件事要跟你说
What?
什么事
I’m going to be married.
我要结婚了
Charles Darnay.
查尔斯丹尼
Yes.
是的
Well…
好的
aren’t you going to wish me happiness?
你不祝我幸福吗
Happiness, yes.
当然
Yes, of course. All that you deserve.
祝你永远幸福
Amen.
阿门
I join you together in marriage
我和你们结婚了
in the name of the Father, and of the Son,
奉圣父圣子
and of the Holy Ghost, amen.
圣灵之名
And now, for the first time, Mrs. Darnay.
我宣怖你们成为夫妻 你现在是丹尼太太
All my congratulations, Dr. Manette.
恭喜你 马尼特先生
that makes me speculate on all I may have lost.
这让我猜测我可能失去的一切。
To think there might have been a Mrs. Lorry
想想看 在过去5 0年中
any time these 50 years.
可能出现过一位罗利太太
You were a bachelor in your cradle.
你一出生就注定
You were cut out for a bachelor
要当单身汉
before you were put in your cradle.
这是天注定的
I may have been so in my cradle
没办法
but since then, let me tell you there have been occasions…
让我告诉你 有好几次其实可以…
Mr. Lorry, this is not the time or place for such confidences.
罗利先生 现在讲这种事 好像不是时候

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!